Sandbox 2021: Try Out Crew 2.0! - **Updated - Read Original Post**

• Please log in to reply
1409 replies to this topic

Ice_Ltd #521 Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24364 battles
is it possible to turn crews into xp? because right now i have like 150 tanks and 150 crews.. which... i don't need because i can now train 1 crew for 3 tanks...

feies_vlad #522 Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15889 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View PostKessu, on 23 February 2021 - 11:39 PM, said:

750 gold or losing tons of exp to train second tank is not that cheap either.

That is the understatement of the century, "not that cheap either" you mean WAY WAY WAY to much, 300k or 500k credits for most good crews to retrain for credits vs how it is on the live server now, a max of 120k credits (if you retrain for credits) for a tank with 6 crew members, seems like a BIG joke and middle finger to all the players that can't afford to use gold for everything including retraining lol. Very cool WG...

ZeroKelvin #523 Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42989 battles
  • [W__F] W__F

View Postfeies_vlad, on 23 February 2021 - 10:50 PM, said:

That is the understatement of the century, "not that cheap either" you mean WAY WAY WAY to much, 300k or 500k credits for most good crews to retrain for credits vs how it is on the live server now, a max of 120k credits (if you retrain for credits) for a tank with 6 crew members, seems like a BIG joke and middle finger to all the players that can't afford to use gold for everything including retraining lol. Very cool WG...

I think the cost is one thing, the huge skill loss even with the cost is the really bad thing.

Fozzy50 #524 Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 57034 battles
  • [_DNA_] _DNA_

View PostIce_Ltd, on 23 February 2021 - 11:45 PM, said:

is it possible to turn crews into xp? because right now i have like 150 tanks and 150 crews.. which... i don't need because i can now train 1 crew for 3 tanks...

No... We will lost it! Pretty much like all the equipement WG sent back to our depots and we had to resell -50%...

Ragnaguard #525 Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 61857 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

what will become with crewmembers we have not recruit yet? i have some commanders from events that i had no need to recruit em asap and they r in my garage waiting to unlock something , so they can fit into new tanks! i have 6 of them... so  what about them? shall we recruit em , or ....?

LCpl_Jones #526 Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16800 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

too much gimmicky carp for me

0 skill crew being nobbled is a kick in the cobs

meh, wot is losing it's interest for me

feies_vlad #527 Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15889 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View PostZeroKelvin, on 23 February 2021 - 11:53 PM, said:

I think the cost is one thing, the huge skill loss even with the cost is the really bad thing.

Yeah, I said that aswell in a prev comment, on my standard b crew which is quite good I would lose almost 1 mil crew xp (and 500k credits lol) if I would want to retrain for other tank for credits. Good stuff WG.
KEKW.jpg

shot_044.jpg 

_Abnormalize_ #528 Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10997 battles
  • [AHOGE] AHOGE
1 crew 3 tanks are nice idea
more diverse skills - good idea
6 and half skill - is absolutely brain damaged idea
still having billions of crew members, cause training is beyond expensive

good job WG, this is x time you do not listen to community 

Ragnaguard #529 Posted 24 February 2021 - 12:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 61857 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

so enjoyable to watch all of u screaming for a game that went from f2PLAY to F2PAY...

i just wonder why WG is even bothering sandbox..... 

even IF russians (cause do not be mistaken, no other forum opinion matters) say its bad , they will come back in a year and tell us that majority of players wnat the change!!!

keep buying products, premium time , premium tanks !!! u deserve what is coming guys!!!!! 500k silver to train one crew!!!! XD not to mention over exp loss!!!!!!! ahahahhahahaha

enjoy ur favourite game from a company that is so shamesly moneygrabs that in verge of the release for crew 2.0 is selling premium tanks with old system!!! ahahahhahahahaha

gj WG!!!!! well played!!!!!

outsmarted some k players in EU!!!!(no idea about rest servers)

ahahahhahahahahhaa

Commander_Breathy #530 Posted 24 February 2021 - 12:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25311 battles
  • [JB] JB

View Postundutchable80, on 23 February 2021 - 01:12 PM, said:

All it does do is 'punish' those players that put in time, energy, books, money into decent crews for each and every tank in the garage, like me, which is crap. ;) But nobody is forcing you to bench those two other average crews...

Im one of them,and i feel screwed.

I have many crews I like. some of them I customised and I liked their names, and crew as a whole, like female only crews, 0skill crews. 
I have 284 tanks in my garage, with 256 tree and collector tanks, that have there own crew and yes not all are of  high level, but I like a bit of realism in it that a biger tank has a bigger crew so more effort to train them.
If i need to manually set ther skills it will take me weeks to sort that out and a lot of redundant crews.
I kept playing with the last big changes , even now I Still have not sorted out all equipement for all tanks. while It was and still is is a money sink to buy the more expensive equipement.

If you continue with the screw 2.0 l wil have to sort it out again. wonder if I will continue playing again. Everything will cost more money to change skills. 

I tried to manage some crews in sandbox , but I did not like it.
Afer a while the same thing will happen again, with some standard skills per type chosen per type or class and in the meantime make it more complicated and more expensive to play.

I have the same concerns about the many special crewmembers. Can not use the special crew members as commander ..I hate the loss of 0 skills. It  feels like screwing me over again.

Im not an unicum at all and can't spent to many time on the game (Yes a working dad) so I needed  that extra free skill to get some more in par with the unicums and bigger spenders.
Thats why I bought the 0 skill crews/ amazon and prem tanks with those crews. I (re)trained all of them to the tanks i like and liked working on them the easy way as it was.
This is to complicated and dont belong to this tank game. I liked to think I knew the possibilities and the left over bit of historical aspects of the game.

On one hand you want to uses more RPG aspects in the game, and on the other hand make you make it more like a fast paced FPS game that only lasts a few mins where the gap between unicums, P2W players and F2P gamers is extended.

Some other folk on this server already mentioned many draw backs of this change already. 

In short I dont think I llike this change.. it will cost me mucht manual rewordking of the crews again ( like with equipment 2.0) and I will loose the feeling with the crews while it wil cost me more ingame and via gold Real money.

Hope you come to your senses before its to late and your players will become ex- players

the_ultimate_punisher #531 Posted 24 February 2021 - 12:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28699 battles
  • [L0VER] L0VER
well, it's it, i'm not putting any more money in this game. it was 600 eur last year, it will be 0 this year and every year on.

Gruff_ #532 Posted 24 February 2021 - 12:24 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 28863 battles
  • [WAAT] WAAT

A few initial obsservations.  Crew change will introduce more gold and credit drains and also devalue previous £ or time investment in crews / real effect or value if you like of 0 skill bia crews.

• Retraining for a new tank is 10% total xp loss taken from skill xp pool rather than major qualification pool for 500k credits  (compare to 80k for a 4 man crew previously) or avoid this penalty by spending 750g.  10% is also a huge chunk of xp and previously your already learnt skill/perk % stayed the same even though you lost xp towards the next % this new sytem has a more negative ingame effect.

• 0 Skill bia crew loose value in real term when converted to instructors - the additional 2 skill points do not equate to current ingame xp saving benefits.

• The instructors cost 200g to use on one of the 3 tech tree or "n" premium tanks your crew are trained to, or you can unassign them for free but not reassign them for 7 days - Introduces another market/demand for instructors on each tank

• Current 0 skill bia crew which are the most common type yet hold high value and get converted into class 3 instructors, there is now a new market for class 1 instructors which I imagine will be behind a pay wall furthering the pay for advantage elements that imo already ruin the game (prem time / food / bounty & bond equipment / superior prem tank to tech tree tanks eg progetto, ebr).

• Am left with a ripped off feeling with previous crews, after dabbling around on the sandbox like someone taking away your comfy sofa and replacing it with rickety plastic chairs but telling you how wonderful and useful they will be.

I like the option of a crew being able to function in 3 tanks + premiums, also the 6th sense skill for all commanders.

I'm aprehensive with skills that trigger on ingame variences eg distance this introduces more unpredictability and relearning of elements just like the equipment that enables you to be spotted for 2 seconds longer.  Could be good, uncertain.

I don't like skills that reduce rng spread for damage this is quite an advantage in performance for experienced commanders as opposed to less trained ones, again this will feed into the pay for advantage elements that aren't healthy for a balanced game.  It's like paying £5 to move your chess pieces a few more times in a game to beat your opponent rather than taking it in turn as would be traditional.

Many of the skills or numbers attributed to them seem to be ill thought out.  We have seen some craz high camo and view range values as an example.

None of these things seem to simplify the crew system as was the objective.  Wouldn't it have been easier to:

1. Make all newly created crews 100% major qualification for free & take away the 50/75% options.
  2. Change any existing crew under 100% up to 100%
  3. Assign 6th sense to all newly created commanders and give existing commanders the equivalent personal xp for the 1st skill.
  4. Introduce some new skills but reduce the ridiculous double xp gateways for each skill/perk - this is one area that players could literally spend years trying to catchup on, where the grind of time or credits was far too much especially for F2P.
  5. Allow existing crews to drive x3 non prem tanks without penalty - the code already exists that this can happen with prem tanks so allow the player to assign their choice of tech/collector tank as "premium" but obviously wiothout the credit and crew xp boost.

Edited by Gruff_, 24 February 2021 - 12:29 AM.

Commander_Breathy #533 Posted 24 February 2021 - 12:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25311 battles
  • [JB] JB

View PostGeneral_Jack_D_Ripper, on 23 February 2021 - 11:07 PM, said:

This is so bad.

This is actually worse than expected.

3/4 of the skills are situational and therefore useless

all talents are extremely situational and therefore not worth the time

The random draw on instructors is stupid (somebody whill draw 4 times +2 coherence, others not. WTF, this smells of lootboxe money sink.)

If this gets released anything like that it is time to go for another hobby.

This is so sad.

This!!

ASIA_Meatstorm #534 Posted 24 February 2021 - 12:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22377 battles
"Old players and dogs are not welcomed in WoT 2021."

Sliktastic #535 Posted 24 February 2021 - 12:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35240 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

When I convert my MT-25 Crew on the MT-25 I just get one Commander with 54 Points. When I change it on a two-crew tank I get a better Commander and I can create more Commanders?

SwiftScope #536 Posted 24 February 2021 - 12:43 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12937 battles
  • [THC4] THC4

Crew 2.0 is far from perfect for the following reasons:

1) I have excellent crew for tiger 2 and e75 but now i can use the same crew for both. So basically the other crew will go to garbage along with all the free xp and crew books that i used. And i will also have to buy a dorm for them if i choose to keep them, as if i didn't lose enough already.

Same applies to my standard b and progetto crew and many other tanks.( i have over 200 tanks in my garage, it will take me a week to mix and match)

2) if i have a 4 very good crew members for any standard tank that are worth 10 million xp in total, WG will sum them up and divide the total by 4 so i will basically get a new crew worth 2.5 million xp. This is a 75% haircut for my crew xp. 

3) you will only give 1 training order for each 16 bunks in the barracks? This must be a joke. We need a crapton of training orders to get used to the new system.

4) special talent is a joke, i use a  big repair kit and get faster reload? It does not make any sense. What if i use the repair kit and immediately after get my ammo rack damaged? This is a stupid idea.

Solutions to the above problems:

1) allow players to manually exchange crew they don't need anymore into crewbooks. Even if they have more than 1 skill

2) A 4 crew members worth 10 million xp( or any other number) should remain worth 10 million xp after the update because when we invest free xp in crew members we invest free xp seperately for each crew member. For example, suppose that I invested 100k free xp in each crew members i have for a 4 crew members tank, they are now worth 400k xp so you cant simply sum and divide and give me back a crew worth 100k xp. This is called a robbery lol. We use gold to get free xp and we use $ to get gold.

3) give more retraining orders for free. 

4) find a new way to activate special talent or delete it completely. It make free 2 play people suck more at this game. Some rich kid will burn 60k credits on big consumables and out dpm a more skilled free to play player.

SilentSoul_ #537 Posted 24 February 2021 - 12:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17251 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View Postnightcrow82, on 23 February 2021 - 01:11 PM, said:

I have 330 tanks in my garage, and you are telling me that i will have to manualy retrain the new crew for all of them? Thank you for complicating my game so far, this is a real punch in the stomack

Assuming all of them will get converted to about level 65 , you will only have to assign skill points 21,450 times!

Edited by SilentSoul_, 24 February 2021 - 12:51 AM.

deorum #538 Posted 24 February 2021 - 12:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 43141 battles
  • [THRAX] THRAX

View Postgrasho, on 23 February 2021 - 10:39 PM, said:

I found the problem: the sandbox’s Compare Vehicle tool can’t handle crew so was showing only the tank’s basic parameters.

A fully pimped Manticore (20m silver on crew books giving 70 skills, plus 4 instructors) resulted in a 10% increase in concealment and a 9% increase in spotting.

Lights may not be broken after all.

Edited to add: a simple conversion of my GSOR3301 crew (almost 3 skills per crew) to Crew 2.0 (37 skills) resulted in a 1.9% drop in concealment and a 4.4% increase in spotting.

That’s acceptable.

Yeah, it goes something like that. The same crew will be more or less very close in %% to what it was. 
Assuming that spotting for any other vehicle will be reduces a bit (no commander 10% bonus, MTs-HTs-TDs will pick other skills than usual recon/sit.awareness etc) actually the role of LTs will be enhanced. 

Badz360 #539 Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30725 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Can we be more honest about the real motivation behind this change and rename it Cash Grab 2.0

Adding multiple tanks is ridiculously expensive - or ridiculously punitive for fully free 30% of ALL XP or even silver payers.

Ragnaguard #540 Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 61857 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

View PostBadz360, on 24 February 2021 - 02:02 AM, said:

Can we be more honest about the real motivation behind this change and rename it Cash Grab 2.0

Adding multiple tanks is ridiculously expensive - or ridiculously punitive for fully free 30% of ALL XP or even silver payers.

all changes so far  (HE rework , crew, black market, OP premiums ), r targeted towards money grab.....  this just will be fun because so many players will be affected and so many players will realise that moves r not ok towards em!!!

so evaluate what u paid so far and where this led the game (and i mean it not personal! applies to all - even me) and from now on act accordingly!

94 user(s) are reading this topic

9 members, 82 guests, 3 anonymous users

HowlinWulf, YourBestFriend_2016, FoxAlpha205, Achmor, wremise, Galaxy_class, polluto, Duke_Harkonnen, Kessu