Sandbox 2021: Try Out Crew 2.0! - **Updated - Read Original Post**

• Please log in to reply
1757 replies to this topic

Fozzy50 #541 Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:15 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 57145 battles
  • [_DNA_] _DNA_

With crew 2.0, retraining crew for other tanks (tech tree grind for example) will lost XP from the full crew XP pull, not only Major Qualification! This will often be huge!

Retraining crew will become an incredible black hole/sink/drain for XP, credits and Gold!!!

You don't want this to happen ?!? No need to answer in this forum ; WG will not listen to us anyway, as usual...

Only solution : Players have to stop paying WG! Now!

Edited by Fozzy50, 25 February 2021 - 07:34 AM.

TheCemetery #542 Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13365 battles

I like the Idea of these changes but I feel at this stage its poorly implemented, I'm definitely losing out with the changes as is, all my tanks have lower stats with the new changes and i don't get to have as many skills as I had on my previous crews, the 0 bia not being included is daylight robbery i paid real money for some of these crews. also dislike the RNG for instructor skills.

I feel if this went ahead is it is, I haven't been sufficiently compensated for my time and WG are the only ones who really benefit from this change.

*edit* testing these changes, I really have lost the incentive to play right now, I just feel everything i'm working towards with my crews on live right now is a waste of time. I was excited about this initially now i feel cheated and deflated.

Edited by TheCemetery, 24 February 2021 - 02:13 AM.

krismorgan #543 Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40667 battles
  • [UKT] UKT

Not impressed,just a complicated way of doing what it was already with a lot of rng thrown in for the crews.I dont like that i am not getting value for all the years of grinding to get these crews.Not that it matters for many but arty still has crap crew skill options as well.

So far its a big fat NO from me but im not on the server that counts so the end of days seem to be on their way.

Zeck8541 #544 Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:32 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18963 battles
  • [CROWD] CROWD

The first thing that immediately jumped out to me is the fact that the conversion rate on the Sandbox is inadequate. Crew XP conversion is not enough. 

Let me explain. I will use my T29 crew as an example. You will see that the conversion rate of skill points from the old system to the new system will leave every crew with fewer of the core capabilities that have been so important for crews in this game, and at a minimum, less capability to directly translate those previous skills into fully trained alternative skills under the new system. I challenge all of you who read this post to make the same comparison on your own crews and measure how many individual capabilities you will be losing if the conversion rate is not improved. 

Take a look at my current T29 crew skills on the live server. 

I have the following skills which grant me:

Brothers in Arms- bonus to all crew skills

Sixth Sense

Situational Awareness and Recon- max bonus for view range increase

Repair skill on every crew member- max repair speed bonus

Snap Shot- max crew bonus for accuracy during turret rotation

Deadeye- max crew bonus to do critical damage to modules and crew

Clutch Braking- max speed of vehicle traverse speed

Safe Stowage- max crew bonus to ammo rack durability

Adrenaline Rush- max crew bonus to reload speed when low on HP

Firefighting- although not yet maxed on each crew member, my crew extinguishes fires in about 1.5 seconds

After conversion on the Sandbox server, I receive ONLY 48 points. This results in capabilities that my crew previously had, being reduced to the point to where my original capabilities are lessened and also some are lost depending on which skills I choose to place my available points into. 

This is what I am left with on Sandbox:

Sixth Sense (maintained from live server)

Eyes Open- maxed at 10 points for crew bonus for view range (maintained from live server)

Snap Shot- maxed at 10 points for crew bonus for accuracy during turret rotation (maintained from live server)

Quick Repair- maxed at 10 points for crew bonus for repair speed (maintained from live server)

Clutch Braking- maxed at 10 points for crew bonus for vehicle traverse speed (maintained from live server)

Adrenaline rush- limited to 8 of 10 points for crew bonus to reload when low in HP

On Sandbox, I have now LOST the following capabilities because the conversion rate is not sufficient to allow me to be as good as I was on live server:

Lost- Brothers in Arms or equivalent to skill bonus due to lack of option in new crew system

Lost- Deadeye (now listed as Vulnerability Expert)

Lost- Safe Stowage (now listed as alternatives of either Safety Measures or Old Guard)

Lost- Firefighting

My crew is now capable of 4 less skills/perks than previously.

Essentially, I am 37(ish) conversion points short of being able to maintain the crew skill/perk capabilities that I once possessed. Furthermore, if distributing the 48 skill points I received after conversion, in an attempt to maintain the abilities my crew once had, I cannot unlock any of the talents in the new system.

Therefore, the conversion rate is insufficient. I do not mind the changes to the crew system, and I welcome them. However, do not TAKE AWAY from us by implementing these changes. At a minimum, my crew should be able to perform the exact same tasks or their closest equivalents under the new system, after skill points have been converted.  

RedJester #545 Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28101 battles

For the first time ever I downloaded the sandbox, felt compelled to this time. Preliminary feelings are: I like some aspects of it, especially that all commanders get sixth sense now, however, this really is making the game almost unplayable now for f2p. How can they be competitive when you're gonna need to spend substantial gold on crew conversions etc so you can use crews in multiple tanks. Also, unless you're a veteran in WoT with 6,7,8 skills crews how the hell are you gonna compete with those who are and who have 75 skill unlocked after conversion + 4 crew instructors making them totally op. I was watching QBs stream and in tanks like his EBR 105 and ELC Even 90 he was practically invisible outside 180 metres on the move, even when he fired at times he remained unspotted at about 200 metres in EBR, fully pimped out.  Absurd! 

This along with the ridiculous and unnecessary HE changes seem to be all about forcing people to pay more, getting more gold out of us, more money in essence and forcing free to play players to start paying up or become hopelessly uncompetitive. :coin:

QB also said the HE changes are awful and complete garbage on his stream.

I am with him on that. :honoring:

:sceptic:

I will just add that most players will probably have a mass of 2,3 skills crews they trained up that work well enough in the current game but once are converted will be practically worthless against those who had less crews but trained them to higher levels, like 5, 6, 7 etc and can pay to use those in several tanks now. 

Edited by RedJester, 24 February 2021 - 01:50 AM.

SwiftScope #546 Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13186 battles
  • [THC4] THC4

I have not completely adapted to equipment 2.0 yet because i have over 200 tanks in my garage. I still need a lot of credits. And now this screw 2.0 comes out. 500k credits to add a 2nd tank to the same commander or 750 gold. So i basically need 100k gold if not more or i will lose millions of crew xp. Big money grab here

WG scrap this whole project all together, no one will pay you money to get nerfed crew. 

Just add few more new skills and make it easier to level up skills.this is all what the crew system need.

Also crew 2.0 is a huge hidden nerf for all lights, you lose concealment and view range no matter what combination of skills you us once you transform into new system but what is the solution? inject credits and gold to get overpowered tanks with a boost equivalent to 4 ventilations. Another punch in the face. And the best part of this is that they did not announce it. the last thing i want to see is EBR rolling with 60% concealment and 500 view range. equipment 2.0 radio equipment was a big buff for this abdomination called EBR and now this.

I also noticed that RNG factor goes into instructors so you may get completely irrelevant skills.

I'm quitting the game if crew 2.0 in it's current form goes live. Basically most of the old players with a lot of tanks in the garage and a lot of crews that has more than 5 skills will quit as well.( you get compensation for up to 5 skills only). I dont want to spend a week retraining my crew for all my tanks too. I barely play an hour or two a day and this is a lot of work

Thank you for the amazing 7 years journey. 

Edited by SwiftScope, 26 February 2021 - 11:00 AM.

ProfesorPlZDAN #547 Posted 24 February 2021 - 02:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10914 battles
  • [AL0HA] AL0HA
Also another money-grab full of rng and as always over-complicated system. Current crew system isnt the best, it needed a little rework, not a whole revolution.

"Instructors" system are utter garbage. Ive never seen anyone who could THINK that this can be a good idea. Maybe less vodka WG?

kaneloon #548 Posted 24 February 2021 - 02:57 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 34574 battles

View PostProfesorPlZDAN, on 24 February 2021 - 01:37 AM, said:

"Instructors" system are utter garbage. Ive never seen anyone who could THINK that this can be a good idea. Maybe less vodka WG?

It was a way to let players believe their precious crew members were still useful. But the fact that you lose their crews + the randomness of instructors skills + the fact that they are hard-linked to a crew kills it.

Innapropriate_Username #549 Posted 24 February 2021 - 03:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13508 battles

I buy crew bunks for gold, I bought a LOT of extra spare x16 with gold.

Now bunks are converted to orders, useless.

New "thing" that works just like old bunks is now dormitory.

I can buy new dormitories for GOLD, all the GOLD i wasted on spare bunks is now wasted, but I can Buy MORE GOLD to buy MORE dormitories to replace all the spare bunks I already had.

Same old RIP-OFF in every small detail, few thousand gold on bunks, few thousand gold on this....

-

And if you have more than 4 Female/Special tankers; they are destroyed, you keep max 4 "instructors"

How many crew in average tank, 5... 6 ? more?

I have 5 girls in Pz4H; one will be destroyed,

You have girls in E100? Two will be destroyed.

You want to "Evade" that, spend thousands of GOLD now to re-train them to different tanks, and spend Thousands more gold after, this is beYond ripoofff!!!!

Edited by Innapropriate_Username, 24 February 2021 - 03:59 AM.

Xxnessy #550 Posted 24 February 2021 - 03:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35566 battles
Exactly what this game needs right now, more rng and more 5 minutes games. There are a lot of stupid things in this patch, tanks like 907 will become practically an autoloader with 5k dpm,  chieftain with med accelaration and power ratio etc and from the other side, crew with like 5/6 skills and perks cant be compensate by 60 points (what we get, more or less). WG, please change things that improve the gamplay and make the battles last longer than 5 minutes, which is happening right now. You wanna make the game looks easier for new players but you implement exactly the opposite things.  I dont want to play cyberpunk 2077 with my is7 crew

Edited by Xxnessy, 24 February 2021 - 04:05 AM.

tnxForBattleBro #551 Posted 24 February 2021 - 04:36 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 50217 battles
  • [KURSI] KURSI

View PostFozzy50, on 24 February 2021 - 01:15 AM, said:

With crew 2.0, retraining crew for other tanks (tech tree grind for example) will lost XP from the full crew XP pull, not only Major Qualification! This will often be huge!

Retraining crew will become an incredible black hole/sink/drain for XP, credits and Gold!!!

You don't want this to happen ?!? No need to answer in this forum ; WG will not listen to us anyway, as usual...

Only solution : Players have to stop to pay WG! Now!

Believe or not - but in my case, i cant even start to play game after this release. WHY - because i have more than 70  tanks in hangar, but 98% of them are premiums (in 99,99 % i play ONLY prem tanks), but crew is trained for standard (non existing , sold etc., in hangar) tanks and i have to get millions of gold coins (for crew retrain) to not lose ALL xp i got  in 7 years. So in release day i will have 99% empty tanks with no crew at all.  And yes  - i STOPT PAY 2 years ago, NOV  have to stop play to, Cause  crew with 1% skilss is the same like before 50% crew - and i dont need that s&1t. 5kn no brain animals. FU on you wg.

Attached Thumbnails

squish_ #552 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:23 AM

Private

• Player
  • 45381 battles
  • [SMITE] SMITE
What an absolute joke, I can deal with the slight performance decreases here and there, but the amount of experience lost and price when training a crew for another tank for credits is for me probably the worst thing about this update. Complete pay to win crap.

Sturmi_0545 #553 Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45737 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB

so I get 118 instructors for my 515 tanks? I'd prefer to have each crew trained for one tank only so I don't have to bend over for that XP-loss credit/gold sink scam. but since every instructor can only be assigned to ONE crew, I am getting screwed in the end anyway. It would require 172+ instructors if I would train each crew on three tanks, and up to 2060 if I'd plan to have one tank for one lvl 60 crew...

how will we get new instructors? by paying for a battle pass, I assume, which is just another gold sink.

basically, everyone who kept buying additional garage slots and been training new crews is getting screwed compared to those players who kept the same crew from tier I to tier X and kept their number of tanks to a minimum. so my crews will get outperformed by someone didn't bother increasing his tank collection, because he has enough instructors for all of his crews and now also an economic advantage, because he doesn't have to spend credits or gold for crew training - it can all be invested in the gold spam now...

No! This is wrong on so many levels. If update (s)crew 2.0(ver) will make it through, this will have been the last straw. I doubt WG will have the smarts to row back on this one, due to all the "work" that went into drawing crews' upper bodies and copying from the Armored Warfare skill system, and don't forget aaaaall that "effort" that went into polling...

this is doom for WoT. please do not endorse this!

Arty_Lerry #554 Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:45 AM

Private

• Player
  • 39995 battles
  • [ESSE] ESSE

Hello.

I mainly spent my time figuring out the crews and how the new crew 2.0 system works. For hours to be honest.(I figured it out)

And there is no need for a week or more of testing to already point out what you have to improve and fix.

Sadly for some reason we have to wait till the very end to answer the survey.

Few basic things they should improve or fix:

1. When you choose the special crew member - now named instructor. Once You have selected the specialty, you can't go back. As well, once you have selected the skills that you might wanna invest Your 2 points. (Board with 7-10 skills appears) You are later on given only 3 choices of skills actually and you also can't go back. You're basically stuck and you can only proceed and train. In other words - you get baited in thinking you will have chance to choose from 10 skills but actually get only 3 skills that you might not even want or don't fit with the tank. You can fix this terrible mistake by paying 200 gold or waiting 7 days.

2. Once You have converted your crew and want to train the same crew for another 1 or 2 tanks. The icons should be swappable. (This is for people who like when stuff fits perfectly) For example if You have right now T9 tank (E-75) and later on you buy T10 tank (E-100) and want to also train the E-75 crew for it. You will have E-75 in the first spot (Top), E-100 in the second spot (middle). And you can't swap them in places no matter what. But this should be possible. It's a visual thing obviously but still would be nice. If you could swap them back and forward because gameplaywise it doesn't affect anything anyway so why not?

3. Special crew members "Brothers in arms" and free 1 skill (the "0 skills") should count before converting. It doesn't make sense. For example you have E-100 with 6 female crew members with full 4 skills and you have E-75 with 5 male crew members with only 3 skills. But the E-75 crew is much higher in converting crew xp. Because we lose whole 2 skills from the female crew. 

My personal situation. My 6-7 skills Santa Clause is only worth as an average crew member with 3-4 skills. That's just not logical. Right?

4. All crew members left in barracks should be swapped/traded into crew xp books. Either do it automatically or make an option for a player to choose if he wants to do it.

Reasoning for it comes from my second point. If you wanna train the one crew for 2 or 3 tanks, the other crews become "useless" and you just have to kick them out. 

For example you have Tiger II, E-75 and E-100 already in garage with decent crews. And you want to train one "super crew" and just use one crew for all 3 of them. You have to just kick (dismiss) the other crews out of barracks without gaining anything.

Or You have to reset the crews skills/perks for 50% ( free option) till they drop below 1 skill. Which sounds dumb right? To get the extra crew xp books after Crew 2.0 update. (doing it right before update) 

Could save a lot of time and dumb effort if the crew over 1 skill mark also get traded in crew xp books.

5. I have some more points but I already forgot because I spent like 6 hours straight figuring the whole crew system and skills.

Respect for anyone who actually read this. :D

Arty_Lerry #555 Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 39995 battles
  • [ESSE] ESSE

View PostInnapropriate_Username, on 24 February 2021 - 02:07 AM, said:

I buy crew bunks for gold, I bought a LOT of extra spare x16 with gold.

Now bunks are converted to orders, useless.

New "thing" that works just like old bunks is now dormitory.

I can buy new dormitories for GOLD, all the GOLD i wasted on spare bunks is now wasted, but I can Buy MORE GOLD to buy MORE dormitories to replace all the spare bunks I already had.

Same old RIP-OFF in every small detail, few thousand gold on bunks, few thousand gold on this....

-

And if you have more than 4 Female/Special tankers; they are destroyed, you keep max 4 "instructors"

How many crew in average tank, 5... 6 ? more?

I have 5 girls in Pz4H; one will be destroyed,

You have girls in E100? Two will be destroyed.

You want to "Evade" that, spend thousands of GOLD now to re-train them to different tanks, and spend Thousands more gold after, this is beYond ripoofff!!!!

You get the same number of dormitories as You have garage slots right now in the game. So You don't lose anything at all. For example If You have 150 garage slots  right now in the game and 150 tanks as well. You would anyway buy extra garage slots - dormitories.

You actually gain by this change, you gain free retraining orders that cost 300k silver by piece.

And special crew members - female crew members don't get destroyed. They all get reset and stay as recruits for instructors in barracks for a year.

For example if you right now have 20 active female crew members in tanks. They will just get reset and put back as 20 recruits in barracks.

No need for panic. :) 

You can test sandbox server yourself and you'll see.

Maschinenkanone #556 Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 53061 battles
  • [MBEV] MBEV

Why do the commanders not have the usual rank insignia of the corresponding nation anymore? This was such an interesting cosmetical feature. 

You already killed the crewmembers which created a vivid and lifely crew impression. So keep at least this little feature to give the new  system at least a somewhat of its old feeling back. The new crew systen looks so generic, arbitrary, artificial and lifeless... 

Arty_Lerry #557 Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 39995 battles
  • [ESSE] ESSE

View PostSturmi_0545, on 24 February 2021 - 06:25 AM, said:

so I get 118 instructors for my 515 tanks? I'd prefer to have each crew trained for one tank only so I don't have to bend over for that XP-loss credit/gold sink scam. but since every instructor can only be assigned to ONE crew, I am getting screwed in the end anyway. It would require 172+ instructors if I would train each crew on three tanks, and up to 2060 if I'd plan to have one tank for one lvl 60 crew...

how will we get new instructors? by paying for a battle pass, I assume, which is just another gold sink.

basically, everyone who kept buying additional garage slots and been training new crews is getting screwed compared to those players who kept the same crew from tier I to tier X and kept their number of tanks to a minimum. so my crews will get outperformed by someone didn't bother increasing his tank collection, because he has enough instructors for all of his crews and now also an economic advantage, because he doesn't have to spend credits or gold for crew training - it can all be invested in the gold spam now...

No! This is wrong on so many levels. If update (s)crew 2.0(ver) will make it through, this will have been the last straw. I doubt WG will have the smarts to row back on this one, due to all the "work" that went into drawing crews' upper bodies and copying from the Armored Warfare skill system, and don't forget aaaaall that "effort" that went into polling...

this is doom for WoT. please do not endorse this!

The super crews are on the way. :D 

One crew being constantly trained on 3 tanks with hardcore 20% (class II) or 25% (Class I) 4 crew instructors. Let's go. :D

After the crew reaches level 75 of skills, You still keep gaining tank handling %, aka "ventilation". More than 20% of tank handling. Which is like 4 ventilation devices on your tank. :D

They will be driving around with like 5 ventilation modules. :D

lucky_no9 #558 Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:07 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17464 battles
  • [3-FOI] 3-FOI

personaly, i like the ideea of talents tree, go for it wg

Duke_Harkonnen #559 Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:07 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21676 battles
Techtree - complicated, let's simplify it and remove tanks

Skill tree - let's pet there 36 skills, instructors, levels, books, free exp, 3 tanks at defferent levels, extra perks for 30points in row, situational skills...

Marius_X_MX #560 Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:09 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4574 battles
  • [_TEG_] _TEG_
How bad could it be for the game ? :trollface: ?

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users