crew 2.0 sandbox test problem feedback update complaint skill testserver

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

andreipreda2001 #1 Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9017 battles
  • [FLTTR] FLTTR

I think there are some large problems regarding Crew 2.0 and wanted to see if it could be confirmed by staff that this is how things are intended to stay.

1. Crews with less than 1 skill that are not in the barracks don't get converted to crew books.

2. Crews with exactly 1 skill or more don't get converted to crew books even if they are in a premium tank / in the barracks.

3. While a commander is in battle, you can't use him/her on other tanks.

1. I think I'm not the only one who stores crew in low tier tanks because there aren't enough slots in the barracks and I've noticed that even though those crew members have less than 1 skill, they do not get converted into crew books. You will then be stuck with tons of useless reservists. Shouldn't we be allowed to convert them manually afterwards?

2. In the current version of WoT, I have many different crews for the same class of tanks that have just over 1 skill trained. Does this mean that this crew will be forced to turn into a commander, even though I wouldn't need more than 1 commander per class? I think this situation applies to a lot of players as the game is pretty much unplayable without at least 1 skill-crew, so we all had to invest crew books in almost every single tank. Now this investment would go to waste as it would be more optimal to just use the best trained commander on all the tanks. The crew 2.0 update was supposed to allow us to use the same crew on multiple tanks without losing our hard earned xp, but if the update goes as planned we will pretty much have the same number of commanders as we have crews now. Couldn't the limit for crew-to-crewbook conversion be raised to 2 skills if not removed completely?

3. This is more of a minor problem and I know this makes sense, but it was already an inconvenience to share a crew between your premium tanks and tech tree tanks. Sharing a crew with 2 more tanks tech tree tanks will make you wait in between battles and there is no reason for this to be a thing in the game.

Is this how the update is intended to roll out? Couldn't we just get all crews converted into crew books and then just allow us to spend it how we want to? If class restrictions are a problem, just make the converted crew xp class specific. Can't we at least be allowed to convert all crew with less than 1 (or even better, 2 or more) skill trained?

N2O_Litras #2 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3303 battles
  • [ARCTI] ARCTI
I don't know which skill causes it, but with 60TP you get 600 dmg rolls 80% of a time..... wtf is this.....

DeoMondeo #3 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:08 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 9236 battles
  • [OZPH] OZPH

View PostEdgyiO, on 23 February 2021 - 03:04 PM, said:

I don't know which skill causes it, but with 60TP you get 600 dmg rolls 80% of a time..... wtf is this.....

T30 also.

DreadPirateRobert #4 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27439 battles
  • [_BIB_] _BIB_
removed

Edited by DreadPirateRobert, 23 February 2021 - 04:15 PM.

N2O_Litras #5 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3303 battles
  • [ARCTI] ARCTI

View PostDeoMondeo, on 23 February 2021 - 04:08 PM, said:

T30 also.

it's either "Concentration" or "Clean Shot".. one of them is broken to your disadvantage..

Fast_And_Curious #6 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 35899 battles
  • [_3X_] _3X_

ehm what happens to recruits? 

*i get the special crew members that are recruited already will become instructors (i.e. are now useless), but what about current recruits in the baracks? (varius special crw members that are not yet recruited)

Lucas_El_Principe #7 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28898 battles
  • [H3RD] H3RD

Edited by Lucas_El_Principe, 23 February 2021 - 05:30 PM.

Lucky_5Kopf #8 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28231 battles
  • [EQST] EQST

View PostEdgyiO, on 23 February 2021 - 04:04 PM, said:

There is Concentration wich reduces the min and max rolls. But WG decided to enhance the min and max roll RNG to test the skill. So you will most likely roll more of center (max or min) than alpha Like 

N2O_Litras #9 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3303 battles
  • [ARCTI] ARCTI
Concealment shouldn't be on Technical training I feel like... it doesn't belong there

Lokomotiv #10 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36154 battles
  • [KINAS] KINAS
Maybe it is me, but i am contantly feeling that I am driving a tank with a crew at 50%. Overall tank handling seems worse than an old 100% crew.

Edited by Lokomotiv, 23 February 2021 - 06:27 PM.

Gkirmathal #11 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 8692 battles
  • [2VTD] 2VTD

Still DL'ing the SB client. But my first few suggestion, from what I gathered from played around with the web based skills selector, would be to change the XP > points conversion:

1. increase the conversion of xp to crew skills points, from 75 to 100 points.
  2. decrease the skill points needed to unlock a "major skill choices", from 30 to 20.
  3. only 2 "major skill choices" may be allowed to be unlocked, even if crew points are available for a third. There should a a hard limit on 2.

With the above I reckon that most players can recreate most of their current 5 skill 1.0 crews in the 2.0 crew system without negative effects that the current conversion of up to 75 crew points generates.

Added. Seen you do not need to put x amount of crew points in the talent skill.

Edited by Gkirmathal, 23 February 2021 - 08:59 PM.

Flavortown #12 Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19397 battles
  • [EDITS] EDITS

View PostLokomotiv, on 23 February 2021 - 06:27 PM, said:

Maybe it is me, but i am contantly feeling that I am driving a tank with a crew at 50%. Overall tank handling seems worse than an old 100% crew.

Thats because old 100% crew is 110% in "vehicle handling" while 100% in the new one is 100%.
The max handling with 2.0 without going over level 75 is 128,95%, while max with 1.0 is 135%
Im not sure how it keeps giving handling after level 75, but the first round was 5% and the second was 4%, so you can get better crews with 2.0 if you have enough money or can grind like mental.

Obvs it doesnt help that the masterminds at wg decided that you cant just choose what you want with the instructors which would be the bia skill 100% of the time, but instead you get to choose from 3 random perks from a pool.
Not even sure if you can reroll the perks, so if you roll crapperks congratz, you just wasted an instructor. gee thanks wg.

View PostGkirmathal, on 23 February 2021 - 06:54 PM, said:

With the above I reckon that most players can recreate most of their current 5 skill 1.0 crews in the 2.0 crew system without negative effects that the current conversion of up to 75 crew points generates.

Thanks to wg 99% cant even get close to the 1.0  crews and 1% can just pay their way to better crews, 

Xandania #13 Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:44 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47283 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostEdgyiO, on 23 February 2021 - 04:35 PM, said:

Concealment shouldn't be on Technical training I feel like... it doesn't belong there

You might be right - a whole line for viewrange hyjinx might be adequate

CastlePrime #14 Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:12 AM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles

Personal view: Crew 2.0 is a poorly designed system.

Reasons:

1. Skill load is evenly distributed between different crew members currently,but in Crew 2.0,one single captain is taking all the burden.

2. Currently, 5 skills crew has little different to 3 skills crew in most cases. However, in Crew 2.0, 3 skills crew can only be converted into rank 40+ captain, which is less competitive than 3 skills crew in current situation.

3. During converting, less member crew will be converted into a higher rank captain. (Or it was my mistake, I didn't track my actual crew exp)

4. Too many skills in Crew 2.0. And skill groups or talents are having conflict with some gameplay on certain tanks. Example: Light tanks need both camo and view range skills, yet they are not in the same skill group. Some skills and talents for arty is totally broken, such as fast aiming, rapid fire and active recon.

5. Some skills are less important than others such as Old Guard and Need for speed. Some skills can be grouped together as a new skill such as Cluctch braking and Off road driving.

Suggestions:

1. Instead of copying ideas from WOT Blitz or WOWS, Crew 2.0 can be reworked based on Crew 1.0 just like equipment 2.0. Rework some skills (Delete some current skills and adding some skills from Crew 2.0, change all 100% skills into progress skills, and 0 skill six sense) rather than having such imbalance and radical change. HE change is already controversial enought, adding Crew 2.0 like this may have a significante amount of player lost. 

2. I would suggest to group some skills. In Crew 2.0, 25 skills and 10 talents is way too much for both beginners and old players. For beginners, they are trying to understand game mechanics and have no idea which skill is suitable for certain tanks. For old players, it will take them a whole day or even a week to convert their crews if they have to choose from 25 skills.  Narrow 25 skills into 15 skills will be easier to balance between skills and "keep current competitive crew great".

Claim:

I joined the sandbox test on my SEA serve account, and lag was like 250ms+, which is not a desierable network enviorment.

M4chu #15 Posted 24 February 2021 - 02:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 49750 battles

View PostFlavortown, on 23 February 2021 - 08:35 PM, said:

Thats because old 100% crew is 110% in "vehicle handling" while 100% in the new one is 100%.
The max handling with 2.0 without going over level 75 is 128,95%, while max with 1.0 is 135%
Im not sure how it keeps giving handling after level 75, but the first round was 5% and the second was 4%, so you can get better crews with 2.0 if you have enough money or can grind like mental.

Obvs it doesnt help that the masterminds at wg decided that you cant just choose what you want with the instructors which would be the bia skill 100% of the time, but instead you get to choose from 3 random perks from a pool.
Not even sure if you can reroll the perks, so if you roll crapperks congratz, you just wasted an instructor. gee thanks wg.

Thanks to wg 99% cant even get close to the 1.0  crews and 1% can just pay their way to better crews, 

not to mention BIA.... that is gone....as one man show in crew 2.0 but there are many changes - loading time is increased since BIA is missing and so on.. interface seems complicated and no straight forward to battle.... seems crew 2.0 is a general nerf to players with many years spent in WoT... to manually take >100 tanks to train crew (just)after equipment odyssey is descouraging money eater and time consumer. if is so imperative to change again gameplay at least keep the level achieved during years automate it

don't burden players with such task... it seems like it is player fault to play since 2012 or earlier and now force them to manually take the tanks and spend hours managing skills and perks... automate this!

M4chu #16 Posted 24 February 2021 - 02:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 49750 battles

guess wg had a good financial report over holidays and now are pushing towards players to spend more... first he shells now crew... just to see players leaving?

why not try some more constructive ways? playing wot became a frustrating experience especially with new equipment ... put HE and crew and stir(not shake ;) ) than see what's left?

Teodosije #17 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13783 battles
  • [KPI] KPI

View PostM4chu, on 24 February 2021 - 01:32 AM, said:

guess wg had a good financial report over holidays and now are pushing towards players to spend more... first he shells now crew... just to see players leaving?

why not try some more constructive ways? playing wot became a frustrating experience especially with new equipment ... put HE and crew and stir(not shake ;) ) than see what's left?

I actually like Equipment 2.0, some obsolete things were removed, and some good were added. Still, this needs further tuning, that anti-bush item (forgot the name) is straight broken.

As for crew, I like some things that I see (new skills), but merging and eliminating special crew is beyond stupid imho. Why did I spend so much time for Santa, Chuck, and all the maidens, just to see them as an add-on? Also, I don't want to have my Primo Victoria crew touched. I like it how it is.

alberto_68 #18 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:49 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26325 battles
  • [NU-FA] NU-FA
What will happen with crew trained for a vehicle that i don't own anymore but use this crew on a premium tank? I can't use them without training for the new tank without losing experience, is a restriction for now or what?

alberto_68 #19 Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26325 battles
  • [NU-FA] NU-FA

View Postalberto_68, on 24 February 2021 - 06:49 AM, said:

What will happen with crew trained for a vehicle that i don't own anymore but use this crew on a premium tank? I can't use them without training for the new tank without losing experience, is a restriction for now or what?

never mind, understood how to do it

Edited by alberto_68, 24 February 2021 - 10:15 AM.

Locomotion22 #20 Posted 24 February 2021 - 12:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4361 battles

I don't really like how the training for multiple vehicles is done, right now it is like: "Well done, you've reached level 15/60, you can train the crew for more tanks... IF YOU PAY"
I would suggest the first time you train the crew for another tank being for free (the crew getting trained from an empty slot, not RE-training), or at least for the second tank slot.

I also think that the skills are quite complicated and there are a lot of them, maybe 4 skills from each category would be enough, merge some of the existing skills into one (like with equipment 2.0) which could be done by having combining active and passive skills into one with both parts (for example: need for speed and smooth ride could be combined into one, with with smooth ride always active and need for speed part of the skill activating after you reach 40 km/h)

Then there is a Qol improvement that WG could add - having the crew on multiple vehicles at once when in garage. Example: you have crew trained for Maus and E-100. Right now (on sandbox), if you assign them to Maus, they will be unassigned from E-100, so before each battle you have to manually put back the crew into the tank. I suggest that when in garage, the crew could be slotted in as many tanks as you want, only disappearing when in battle. So you assign the crew both to Maus and E-100, then go to battle with E-100, during the battle the crew isn't available (obviously), and when the battle ends the crew would be automatically available in both Maus and E-100 again. 

Also tagged with crew, 2.0, sandbox, test, problem, feedback, update, complaint, skill, testserver

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users