Crew 2.0 - amx 12t conversion example

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

gunslingerXXX #1 Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:58 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16375 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

So I also tested some stuff and it might be of use to some to have a short overview.

My amx 12t has probably one of my most skilled crews at the moment, all are I think 0-skill BIA. With standard skills 467m viewrange and 33% camo

shot_354.jpg

Converted on testserver, got 51 points. Chose to maximize viewrange & camo: (no instructors) gives me 450m / 35%

shot_007.jpg

Added 3 instructors (max for this lvl), chose some that remarkably have 2 point for viewrange, I'm not sure why there are different options... anyway, 458m / 35% is the 'maxed out' I could reach.

shot_009.jpg

Now the nice part, I can also add this crew to my 13 90, which is currently lacking a crew. I'm a cheap bastard so I will NOT spend 750 gold, but what I can do is spend 500k credits and retrain:

shot_011.jpg

Lost 210k XP in that action. Added a 250k crewbook for 2M, and for a total of 2.5M credits I can now use my crew in 2 tanks. I like this!!!

In a first glance crew 2.0 seems quite nice actually. I'm afraid my 2-3-4 skilled crews will fall behind the tryhard/whale crews of some (which in current game is not a big deal because most skills after 4 are useless anyway) but still. This will allow me to play and enjoy more tanks! Also some of the skills seem rather far fetched, and also the dynamic skills 'if this happens then you get bonus X' are not really my liking, but overall happy with what I see so far.

BTW the conversion of 0-skill to instructor seems to be a rather bad deal, as the 0-skill is way more valuable it seems than the instructor bonus. Glad I didn't spend money on 0-skill crews.

Edit: also for grinding a tech tree in which you don't want to keep the tank you just finished, retraining to the next seems like a really bad deal. To lose 90% of all XP each time you finish a tank, basically your crew will be worse in tier 10 than they were in tier 6 :teethhappy:   :amazed:    :angry:

Edit; seems I missed 'vehicle handling' which also boosts viewrange and is similar to BIA now. 

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 24 February 2021 - 07:02 AM.

Cradle_2_The_Grave #2 Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28540 battles
When you are recruiting an instructor first you have to select one certification out of 5, for example i chose the first one which includes view range bonuses Eyes Open. But then 3 skills show up randomly and sometimes "Eyes Open" is not even included, did you notice that? Because i wanted all 3 of my instructors to have Eyes Open skill but I couldn't choose it. Am i missing something?

gunslingerXXX #3 Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:02 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16375 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostCradle_2_The_Grave, on 23 February 2021 - 09:52 PM, said:

When you are recruiting an instructor first you have to select one certification out of 5, for example i chose the first one which includes view range bonuses Eyes Open. But then 3 skills show up randomly and sometimes "Eyes Open" is not even included, did you notice that? Because i wanted all 3 of my instructors to have Eyes Open skill but I couldn't choose it. Am i missing something?

I had the same problem. Initially I selected some lvl2 instructors, all had +2 for some skill and +1 for Eyes open. Then I tried some instructors with only one skill, some could get Eyes Open and others couldn't. Also I think some had country pre-selected, but it was rather strange. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:35 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39804 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
It's random what bonuses they give you which is a little dumb, they should just give you n extra points to put into whatever skill you want.

HassenderZerhacker #5 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:55 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32202 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 24 February 2021 - 06:35 AM, said:

It's random what bonuses they give you which is a little dumb, they should just give you n extra points to put into whatever skill you want.

female crewmembers and special crewmembers were made mostly useless

05:56 Added after 1 minute

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 23 February 2021 - 08:58 PM, said:

I'm afraid my 2-3-4 skilled crews will fall behind the tryhard/whale crews of some

and afraid you should be. very afraid.

TankkiPoju #6 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:59 PM

General

• Player
  • 27800 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I guess the key here was the three man full crew? Since the conversion averages out the crew XP, you get the highest points that way.

Watched QB trying the same in EBR 105 and he ended with 465m view range and 60% camo. Looks balanced to me:hiding:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users