crew 2.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

John_Wiick0 #1 Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9796 battles
  • [B-KC] B-KC

so I test crew 2.0 today and unfortunately it's doesn't look good , the points system and level is really bad it's only good if you already have 7 skills crew then automatically you get enough points to get the skills that you need , so for example mt T55-A crew has 4 SKILLS with Bia , when I converted to the new system I got only to level 30 and I got 30 points , what I'm I supposed to do with that ?

also if you don't have instructors level 2 your tank will be bad , crew changes are not needed and these changes are really bad  

Private_Miros #2 Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33302 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

It's a downgrade for everyone.

My best crew got to level 63, my second best to 46.

All other crews are 2 skills-3 skills, since that's all you need to be competitive.

NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:26 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39099 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Favors old players?

Bruh by the time I sort out all the crews for my 100+ tanks Imma be like

brumbarr #4 Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:30 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46184 battles
  • [JBAIT] JBAIT

New players complaining that it favours old players.

Old players complaining their  5 skill crew is now worth way less.

Gotta love the contradicting feedback.

Draakard #5 Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24833 battles
It will probably be implemented regardless of any feedback.... just get used to it !

StronkiTonki #6 Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:33 AM

Major

• Clan Commander
  • 38896 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST
As an old player, I'm happy that I'll finally be able to use the plethora of useless crew members sitting in my barracks. :great:

Schepel #7 Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:36 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 69989 battles

View PostJohn_Wiick0, on 24 February 2021 - 01:19 AM, said:

so I test crew 2.0 today and unfortunately it's doesn't look good , the points system and level is really bad it's only good if you already have 7 skills crew then automatically you get enough points to get the skills that you need , so for example mt T55-A crew has 4 SKILLS with Bia , when I converted to the new system I got only to level 30 and I got 30 points , what I'm I supposed to do with that ?

also if you don't have instructors level 2 your tank will be bad , crew changes are not needed and these changes are really bad  

I am such an old player and it punishes me far more than any new player. I got around 600 tanks with crews. What is more, I spend a lot of time training various crews basically from scrap. That is something any new player won't have to deal with. Sure I got a 7 skill crew - but that is a single crew. On the other hand I got any number of currently perfectly acceptable 4 skill crews that will be nerfed into the ground. Long moan short: as an old player you see an enormous investment (money and time) burned into the ground. As a new player, you don't get hurt nearly as much and get to bypass a lot of pain and suffering oldsters like me had to go through. The latter is a good thing in my book, mind.

Voter_Colonel #8 Posted 24 February 2021 - 02:01 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5205 battles

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 24 February 2021 - 12:25 AM, said:

This is also my first impression. Like many others, I assume these changes will be implemented regardless of feedback, so I’m hanging on to the hope that, by downgrading everyone, the changes won’t be as painful in practice. That and if a net result from this is slower games/less stomps, then at least something good will have come from them. Still looks pretty grim at present, having said that.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 24 February 2021 - 02:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 82066 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Keep in mind that this is just a pointer on how they want it to work. Not how it will be. So I hope they fix the conversion system tbh to be more... favorable later, as I was not a fan of that. It seems to favor new players in some aspects, as not all their skills are useless instantly unlike now where you need some to be at 100% as is that takes time. And getting from 0 to 10 levels were rather fast tbh. But screwing over those that put time into their crews. 

But... I can't say I hate some of the crew skills, but at the same time they might work the other way and increase the gap between some players more. As in new vs old. My Grille 15 crew became level 53. And that was enough to really give it some insane aim-related bonuses and skills that made it snap even better. And I can't say I hated the skills that made the bar for low rolls higher, or even the end perk for increasing the lowest limit for both pen and damage rolls that you needed to be at least lvl 30 to get. I never did see below 699 in the 10 games I played in it today. So vs a tier X with a lvl 10 crew. I won't low roll as much. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 24 February 2021 - 02:15 AM.

HassenderZerhacker #10 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:05 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32202 battles

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 24 February 2021 - 01:25 AM, said:

My best crew got to level 63, my second best to 46.

All other crews are 2 skills-3 skills, since that's all you need to be competitive.

but you can pay money to WG to upgrade your crews!

so much better, right?

my best crew converted to level 69, second best to 63 and third best to 59 or something.

instructors are just eyewash. they give just 2 or 3 skill points and a small crew training bonus. so WG removes all these skilled crews from F2P players!

a 3.6 skill snow maiden crew converted to level 35 with two instructor slots... useless

05:09 Added after 3 minute

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 February 2021 - 02:13 AM, said:

but at the same time they might work the other way and increase the gap between some players more.

they will increase the gap between paying players and F2P players.

not only that, but players will also pay to put one OP crew into 3 tanks, so they can farm even more.

Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 24 February 2021 - 06:06 AM.

lassekille #11 Posted 24 February 2021 - 11:19 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19638 battles
  • [_V_A_] _V_A_

I got more points on my 3 skills crews, so that sounds strange.

But you also have to remember that all crews in the barracks will be converted to crew books, as well as all recruits not used. I don't know the conversion rate, but this could mean a lot of crew books.

In addition a crew can be used on 3 tech tree tanks, as well as premiums of the same class. Meaning that your T55a crew can be used on several tanks and that the leftover crews will be converted to crew books which can increase the level of the T55a crew.

demon_tank #12 Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 31996 battles
  • [GO-HA] GO-HA

View Postbrumbarr, on 24 February 2021 - 12:30 AM, said:

For me thats a minor issue. The main problem is the rocket science , rng , credit/gold sink (thats only pay2win for bad players so i cant call it that) and most importantly the countless hours i will have to putin  just to sort my tanks out.

I dont want to get a headache after i log in. I want to click and go to battle instantly.

Balc0ra #13 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 82066 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 24 February 2021 - 06:05 AM, said:

they will increase the gap between paying players and F2P players.

not only that, but players will also pay to put one OP crew into 3 tanks, so they can farm even more.

But that gap is already there and made massive as is. A tank with 1.5 crew skills vs one with 6 inc a zero skill one he bought in a premium will still be noticeable massively, so it will be here on top of food. Steve with is 75% base, or 1 skilled crew that he has on 90% of his tanks even now vs say your garage. So will this be worse?

So no, this won't change much in terms of the gap. It will still have the same distance in that gap. If they want to pad, they will still have better crews for their OP tanks even now. The only good thing is that if a casual has that one good crew vs the rest of his tanks. He can put 2 other tanks on it to decrease the gap a tiny bit. So depending on how you look at it, the free player might decrease the gap in one area vs the full line.

As for the 3 tank aspects. The only thing I did learn was that for most of my tanks with so many good crews as is, having a 2nd or 3rd tank on a majority of my crews would be pointless. Not all tanks likes the same builds even on the same lines. And the crew can only use one tank at a time. So if you only have 1 Frech medium crew on the 3 tech tree tanks you have, and 3 premiums. You can only use even 1 premium at a time. Basically costing flexibility if you want to jump in the next one to just farm silver if you died early. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 24 February 2021 - 06:31 PM.

SastusBulbas #14 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:29 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 38046 battles

View PostJohn_Wiick0, on 24 February 2021 - 01:19 AM, said:

No, it does me no favours, all my best crews are now worthless with less skills and perks than before, all my BIA crews nerfed, all my unique commanders stripped of skills and XP.

Most of the crews I paid for have actually vanished, all my premium tank crews and never played crews gone. Old not played any more tanks have some. 579 tanks, 1 has an old 5 skill crew that gets 62 points.

All my 4/5/6/7 skill BIA crews are worth less than the the crews they replaced.

An example, my 4 skill M48 Patton Offspring crew, retrained for 26 points, required 36 million credits in crew books to get to level 75.

My old Mutant 5 skill 5 crew, gets 62 points despite it being one 5 skill crew member up on the T110E5 it shares that crew with. That is my best crew return, despite better crews I invested real money and crew books into.

My Mirny crew cost 10000 gold to purchase with real money, it returns me 40 point roughly despite 4 skills. My IS-7 also has an old 4 skill crew that gives 48 points. My 113 with a Maive commandr multi skilled with a BIA crew with BIA and repair gives 26 points.

So many nerfed crews and so many skills that cannot be regained with teh cyrrent points rewarded for XP. And a newer more complicated more expensive crew system.

Edit, I dont swap crews, I train unallocated identical crews for XP not skills, and keep duplicate crews in premium tanks, so my 13/90 BC25T crews etc all had skilled 2cnd and third crews through events and BIA crew replacements, many BIA crews I bought but never used have gone leaving empty premium tanks. All the free 100% rental crews gone.

Its a headache.

Do I want to play and rework all my crews. No.

Edited by SastusBulbas, 24 February 2021 - 06:33 PM.

HassenderZerhacker #15 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:31 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32202 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 February 2021 - 06:20 PM, said:

But that gap is already there and made massive as is. A tank with 1.5 crew skills vs one with 6 inc a zero skill one he bought in a premium will still be noticeable massively, so it will be here on top of food. Steve with is 75% base, or 1 skilled crew that he has on 90% of his tanks even now vs say your garage.

So no, this won't change much in terms of the gap. It will still have the same two gaps groups. If they want to pad, they will still have better crews for their OP tanks even now. The only good thing is that if a casual has that one good crew vs the rest of his tanks. He can put 2 other tanks on it to decrease the gap a tiny bit. So depending on how you look at it, some aspects of that might be better.

As for the 3 tank aspects. The only thing I did learn was that for most of my tanks, having a 2nd or 3rd tank on a majority of my crews would be pointless. Not all tanks likes the same builds even on the same lines. And the crew can only use one tank at a time. So if you only have 1 Frech medium crew on the 3 tech tree tanks you have, and 3 premiums. You can only use even 1 premium at a time. Basically costing flexibility if you want to jump in the next one to just farm silver if you died early. 

hahaha

this current gap, compared to what they want to implement is small, very small. forget Steve and his 75% or 90%, think about 3 skill crews. with 3 skills, I estimate the difference with a maxed out crew is not that big. but things are going to massively change with crew 2.0 ... in a bad way. a very bad way.

Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 24 February 2021 - 06:35 PM.

SastusBulbas #16 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:38 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 38046 battles

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 24 February 2021 - 06:31 PM, said:

hahaha

this current gap, compared to what they want to implement is small. forget Steve and his 75% or 90%, think about 3 skill crews.

Steve's 75% crews get buffed to 100% with free 6th sense.

Currently many of my crews with BIA zero skill and 75% on second skill are giving me 10 points, losing the 75% xp the commander gained and no better than a standard crew at 60% on its 1st skill.

3 skill crews only slightly better but unable to gain three complete skills in current system, and require more money and XP to grind, they removed/nerfed the 850000 XP crew book, two or three of them on a three crew tank was amazing, not you can put 250000 xp on your crew instead.

Its a straight up nerf that will cost more credits, gold, xp and grinding while removing what players spent real money on.

Raxi_ #17 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38508 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 February 2021 - 06:20 PM, said:

But that gap is already there and made massive as is. A tank with 1.5 crew skills vs one with 6 inc a zero skill one he bought in a premium will still be noticeable massively, so it will be here on top of food. Steve with is 75% base, or 1 skilled crew that he has on 90% of his tanks even now vs say your garage.

So no, this won't change much in terms of the gap. It will still have the same two gaps groups. If they want to pad, they will still have better crews for their OP tanks even now. The only good thing is that if a casual has that one good crew vs the rest of his tanks. He can put 2 other tanks on it to decrease the gap a tiny bit.

I actually don't agree with you on this. If you compare  1.5 crew with a 6-7 crew then yes.

But compare a perfectly playable 3-4 skill crew with a 7 skill crew, the difference is minor. With the new system  7-8 skilled crews can be over maxed with a credit sink to max out aspects  on   tanks far too much.

While this affects randoms to some extent rest assured the difference between a 450m VR EBR and a 470 something ebr with also the camo boost because the new system  works life vents is not huge, is astronomic. And that's with equal equipment on both tanks.

And same on meta tanks,  pushing DPM  way over 4 k is again a really big difference. 

A 4 skilled OBJ 140 is perfectly playable in clan wars,  in the new conversion system, that 4 skilled crew is  flat out trash ,bad if you meet  a clan with maxed out 140 's 907's.

So people who want to be competitive and are newer to the game and don't have those 7-8 skilled crews will need to invested  tens of millions of credits in credit books to get on to the same level.

Scratch that, probably 100 of millions of credits, considering i had to spend like 30 mill to get my 4 skilled 0 bia crew to lvl 75.

Honestly this to me seems incredibly dumb, the whole system, because you can min/max  tanks too much. 

I would be perfectly fine  if they would introduce to the current skills, like 5-6 interesting new skills,for diversity of builds, and give ss to all recruited commanders.

And give   low skilled commanders/crews and inherit bonus crew multiplier, over x amount of battles so they can close the gap  with "a.k.a" older players.

Edited by Raxi_, 24 February 2021 - 07:01 PM.

Ragnaguard #18 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 61895 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

View Postbrumbarr, on 24 February 2021 - 02:30 AM, said:

new players just cannot realise the exp loss over a good crew! most have 2-3 perk crews...... that is the reason!

mgns #19 Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48055 battles
I think it seems like a good change for new players. No pre-nerfed crews, sixth sense as a free feature, and incremental bonuses for what used to be perks you had to reset for. The downside is that the overskilling of primary qualification is now moved to the end of the grind instead of the beginning. Which favors super-skilled crews in the hands of veterans and wallet warriors.

HassenderZerhacker #20 Posted 25 February 2021 - 05:05 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32202 battles

View Postmgns, on 24 February 2021 - 07:01 PM, said:

I think it seems like a good change for new players. No pre-nerfed crews, sixth sense as a free feature, and incremental bonuses for what used to be perks you had to reset for. The downside is that the overskilling of primary qualification is now moved to the end of the grind instead of the beginning. Which favors super-skilled crews in the hands of veterans and wallet warriors.

that's how it *looks* ... but new players will quickly understand that even with sixth sense and no crew penalty, the difference between their tank with 10 points and a 50 points crew will be huge.

Also tagged with crew 2.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users