• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

mihavvul #1 Posted 24 February 2021 - 02:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 37314 battles
  • [NSH] NSH

Hello People

I'll take my time with this, please bear with me.

I'll use OS = Old Crew Skill System and NS = New Crew Skill System

1. Conversion System = not fair

Please note that a 100% 4/5 skills on OS crew has like 80-90% of the skills that a players wants on the respective tank

With NS, players only get 75 maximum skill points to assign, which is barely 50% of the skills a player might want on his/her tank, this creates an issue because many players have developed a certain style of gameplay (good, bad, doesn't matter) and now they can't play the tanks they love in the way they want because they don't have enough skill points to assign.

WG executive producer, Artem Safronov (in an interview with eekeeboo) ASSURED the players in your stream video on Twitch, that the conversion system will be fair to all players old and new.

Im sorry, but 80-90% on OS =/= 40-50% on NS - i tried to search for the video 1H, sry i can't find it, i'm sure u guys have it on your archive or something or maybe someone else can post it.

2. Talent tree (right tree with 2 skills from which the player chooses 1 when he spent 30 points on the left tree)

It restricts game play, because players are required to choose some skills in the left tree in order to pick the perks presented in the right tree - a better implementation would be for the players to        choose any perk on the right tree when he spent 30 points on the left tree on any skill

3. Intuition Skill

The skill doesn't work for autoREloaders, only autoloaders - on autoREloaders it only loads 1 shell, while on autoloaders it loads the entire clip, this should work the same for autoREloaders

I have more to tell you guys, but its kinda late and i really dont have time, i love the game, played it since open beta, if u want opinions, just watch past broadcasts of CCs, i'm sure you'll get the idea.

addlinny #2 Posted 24 February 2021 - 11:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10213 battles
  • [_A_H_] _A_H_
Adding to your first point, this will have an even more negative effect on tanks with more crew members Heavies and some TDs. Eg. in the old system the Maus with a 3 skill crew probably has most of what you need whereas the Manticore requires a much better crew to be effective as there are only 2 crew members to have skills.

I think WG sees this as a problem with the current system but Crew 2.0 will effectively buff small tanks and nerf large tanks. Large (and slow) tanks already have a hard time on many maps with the current meta and these changes definitely makes them even worse.

Edit: Also 100% support your second point about the skills, it's way too limiting currently!

Edited by addlinny, 24 February 2021 - 11:43 AM.

HMS_Birmingham #3 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19991 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

Well put it this way. WG sent me this coupon today which is very generous coupon.jpg

But after seeing crew 2.0 I'm not putting another penny in this game until they have a proper compensation in place for players if the changes go ahead.

Edited by HMS_Birmingham, 24 February 2021 - 06:05 PM.

Simppah #4 Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5932 battles
Hi. i really like this game and i know im a bad player but this new crew system will make me even worse. How is it fair that good players and those who invested more time in this game gets better tank handling? i thought the old crew system was unfair but this new system gives players who invest more time or gold better performing tanks with better dpm and gun handling etc, how is that fair? i know this is not cs:go or a real competitive game but in my opinion this is too much... Also the other issue with this crew system is that WG took many tanks from the tech-tree away because it was too confusing for new players to make it simpler, then what are they thinking new players will think of this new crew 2.0 when its even confusing for old players... why would anyone start playing this game when it is so damn confusing :D Im not trying to whine here i want this game to be better for everyone and fair. And wargaming if you see this can you please answer why cant you just make it a fair game for everyone, that way you would get much more players to your game. Giving more dpm and tank handling for better players is too much just think about it for a second please.

Creat0rs #5 Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34177 battles
  • [PR-RO] PR-RO
players who had crew with zero skill perk will lose out --- I have a few 4 skill crews that have 9 different skills maxed ( because some skills are not common to all crew members) ---------- Under the new system I will get only 46 points ---- so they are taking nearly 4.5 skill away from my crews and making them worse. UNFAIR in my view

KalSiD #6 Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9595 battles

Hello everyone!

I’d like to add my point of view as a new-ish player. I play with this game for two and a half years now, 1-3 hours per day. In the past one+ year i was working on my crew instead of grinding for high tiers. The crew books were a great but very expensive help for that. I spent most of my credits (and time) on these books and so far it was woth it. Nowdays i could start to finish the tank grinds that i started long ago. I'm excited for it too (even though tier X is a BIG disappointment for me).

But now here comes the crew 2.0 with the „Conversion System” and „Crew Instructors” that will take away my favorite commanders and crews, and 2/3rd of crew skills that i worked for more than a year. Honestly i’m not happy about this and there’s no way i’ll start the crew xp grind over again. I want to keep my teams together, work wiith them. I want to keep as many perks as i have now on the same efficiency too.

I really like the basic idea for the new system but i think i’ll lose to much for it. I don’t want to see these changes to pass and with all respect i won’t take it if they do.

(Also...they've forgotten to link the forum in the article that was posted in the "news" few days ago. Good job...)

TankBuzzsaw #7 Posted 25 February 2021 - 07:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11567 battles

I want to add two weird situations that happened to me, after I used the new system.

Tank: SU-100, crew: lvl 33.

I was on Mountain Pass, and I went on the bridge to snipe any tank who tried to pass from there. I spotted a KV-2, and I shot it. The first shot didn't penetrate, and that was already strange, because I was using the 100mm gun (the most accurate) with AP, and I also aimed at thw weakspot on the front (it was all over green and the KV-2 wasn't even angling the armor, it was just moving normally). The second shot didn't penetrate too, and at that point I called shenanigans, because in the normal server I always metled KV-2 like butter with the SU-100. The third shot didn't pen, but that time the KV-2 was behind a rock and it was angling the armor, a situation that I solved with HE shells.

Tank: SU-152, crew: the same as SU-100

I was on Redshire, and I didn't do much, because I wa splaying safe. I sniped a Carro P.88 near the zeppelin wreck for a lot of damage (I was  using the 152mm gun with AP), and then I pressed forward to secure me a kill. There was a T20 (medium american tank) that had been surrounded by 3 of my allies, and a heavy tank was trying to ram it; so I came in, lock-and-loaded, to completely overkill it (it had like 200 or 300 hp), and I shot the side (the reticle was green)...it didn't penetrate? I was utterly pissed off, because I didn't get that kill because a frigging 152mm gun, with AP, at CLOSE RANGE (it was in front of me, at 5m or less) didn't penetrate the side armor of a T20?

This makes me think that anything near or below lvl 30 is equal to a 50% trained crew with 0 skills in the old system, where RNG makes you miss 90% of your shots. If that was the case, then the passage from the old crew to the new one would ruin most of the tanks you don't use very often.

Janissary_ML #8 Posted 26 February 2021 - 03:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24171 battles
  • [TARS] TARS
The efforts of those who have struggled to improve their crew for many years will go to waste. Those who have a few thousand gold will now be able to train their crew with 1 click without wasting time.Such injustice would suit the War Gaming anyway.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 26 February 2021 - 04:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 82066 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHMS_Birmingham, on 24 February 2021 - 06:03 PM, said:

But after seeing crew 2.0 I'm not putting another penny in this game until they have a proper compensation in place for players if the changes go ahead.

It's an early-stage concept. Compensation is not something they have put much effort into or even considered yet vs just showing you the base idea of crew 2.0. People act like everything is final. No point figuring out compensation if no one likes the core ideas either tbh. If crew 2.0 appears on CT and most are still not happy with the compensations after a rework. Then you can start to be worried. At this stage? Not really. 

But that don't change the fact it should be better. But I suspect that aspect will change massively just as the rest of crew 2.0 if it goes forward. As that is still not decided. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 26 February 2021 - 04:04 PM.

mihavvul #10 Posted 27 February 2021 - 04:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37314 battles
  • [NSH] NSH

View PostBalc0ra, on 26 February 2021 - 03:03 PM, said:

It's an early-stage concept. Compensation is not something they have put much effort into or even considered yet vs just showing you the base idea of crew 2.0. People act like everything is final. No point figuring out compensation if no one likes the core ideas either tbh. If crew 2.0 appears on CT and most are still not happy with the compensations after a rework. Then you can start to be worried. At this stage? Not really. 

But that don't change the fact it should be better. But I suspect that aspect will change massively just as the rest of crew 2.0 if it goes forward. As that is still not decided. 

Personally i agree 100% with your logic, but, at the same time, people need to point out flaws in the system, otherwise WG might think "oh we can get away with this part and this part and this part, we don't have many complains about this and this and this, so lets implement this change and this change in order to make more money".

Unfortunately as many other gaming companies in the industry, WG is willing to compromise gameplay over to profits which overtime affects each of us playing the game.

Having us pointing out the flaws at an early stage of designing the system, will give WG a strong feedback and the general idea about how their playerbase feel about their general plan - hopefully giving WG more time to properly develop the system.

Also, if we don't point out the flaws at an early stage, it might get too difficult to modify certain aspects of the system at a later stage because WG might need to redesign or implement new subsystems which translates as more money & time for development while they need to meet a certain deadline.

Dadice #11 Posted 01 March 2021 - 02:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18144 battles
  • [KAKI] KAKI

View Postaddlinny, on 24 February 2021 - 10:41 AM, said:

Adding to your first point, this will have an even more negative effect on tanks with more crew members Heavies and some TDs. Eg. in the old system the Maus with a 3 skill crew probably has most of what you need whereas the Manticore requires a much better crew to be effective as there are only 2 crew members to have skills.

I think WG sees this as a problem with the current system but Crew 2.0 will effectively buff small tanks and nerf large tanks. Large (and slow) tanks already have a hard time on many maps with the current meta and these changes definitely makes them even worse.

Edit: Also 100% support your second point about the skills, it's way too limiting currently!

Something is definiately broken with the conversion.
VK75 T8 Premium Heavy tank with 5 crew members on  3 skill 75% Converts to a Level 38 Commander effectively consuming 5 crew members.
AE Phase1 T9 Premium Heavy tank 4 crew members 4 skill 0% Converts to a lvel 39 Commander effectively consuming 4 crew members
E100 T10 Normal Heavy tank 6 crew member 3 skill 75% Converts to a level 36 Commander effective consuming 6 crew members
38/5 comes to 7,6 effective cinversion ratio
39/4 comes to 9,75 effective conversion ratio
36/6 comes to 5 effective conversion ratio
The last 25% of a skill were where msot of the XP was in the old system. Esentially that 75-100% is as much xp as the first 2,5 Skill.
Clearly heavily punishing tanks with more crew.
Also having a not yet completed skills seems to barely give any if any progress.

Revernator #12 Posted 01 March 2021 - 04:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17209 battles
  • [DOG_S] DOG_S
how can WG say this if a fair system when for every crew member with at leats 3 skills you are only getting points for 2 skills, are WG going to refund players who paid real cash to skill up crew members or are they gonna screw players over again, to me imo, its another showing of how ridiculous WG devs are with there stupid ideas

AndyAliens #13 Posted 01 March 2021 - 09:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 73875 battles
  • [27PR] 27PR

It was bloody horrible, charged every which way but loose and why do they say that everything would always be drawn in the players favour?????

Nothing but money drain and a terrible conversion rate to turn all our work into crap.

I do agree that its Rubicon all over again.

....and this could have been a really good thing

Braveheart_destroyer #14 Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 38563 battles
  • [T_I_E] T_I_E

I am not a sendbox test player but from I can see youtube or from forum discussion game is going in very wrong and dangerous way of existence.

Many good and more annual player if this come to live servers will leave this game for sure.

Greed for money is a more dangerous than any other greed.

WG be smart and careful if you want to youre game live for more time and lisent once and for all youre players what they speak and what thay want to have in this game.

Either so or not at all.

Greetings.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users