Jump to content


Three Female Heroes of The Second World War


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 08 March 2021 - 06:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 39,208
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Read the stories of three gallant women and their inspiring stoicism, daring exploits, and indisputable heroism.

The full text of the news item

aszen1 #2 Posted 08 March 2021 - 06:05 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8585 battles
  • 221
  • [IQWXP] IQWXP
  • Member since:
    05-20-2012
Another bad timing. Wont be home from work till 1700 so there will be only 1 hour left. And no cant watch on moblie becuase of work

Anymn #3 Posted 08 March 2021 - 07:33 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21782 battles
  • 500
  • [RHPA] RHPA
  • Member since:
    07-06-2011

Ugh, so much cosmetic crap. Please let us sell / delete these things, they are cluttering my inventory.

 



Akathis #4 Posted 08 March 2021 - 09:20 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 96903 battles
  • 1,747
  • [C3C-P] C3C-P
  • Member since:
    12-02-2012

Well, alright, but while men were being scattered in battlefields, Gwen Thomas tripped over TNT and went back to work; Reba Whittle put plasters and Christine Granville was guerrilla liaison... How much emotion, fierceness and courage.

 

If you wanted to honor the women of that time, you could talk about female suffering during the invasion and subsequent Soviet and American occupations. They strove to survive despite the crimes they had to suffer (I do not go into details), ethnic cleansing and hunger. They worked like animals with hardly any food and experiencing many injustices (I will not go into details) to clear the rubble and raise starving children and crippled relatives.


Edited by Akathis, 08 March 2021 - 09:21 AM.


zuu_2016 #5 Posted 08 March 2021 - 09:31 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18116 battles
  • 1,325
  • [R-T-W] R-T-W
  • Member since:
    10-23-2016

View PostAkathis, on 08 March 2021 - 09:20 AM, said:

Well, alright, but while men were being scattered in battlefields, Gwen Thomas tripped over TNT and went back to work; Reba Whittle put plasters and Christine Granville was guerrilla liaison... How much emotion, fierceness and courage.

 

If you wanted to honor the women of that time, you could talk about female suffering during the invasion and subsequent Soviet and American occupations. They strove to survive despite the crimes they had to suffer (I do not go into details), ethnic cleansing and hunger. They worked like animals with hardly any food and experiencing many injustices (I will not go into details) to clear the rubble and raise starving children and crippled relatives.

Do you mean german women after ww2?



Vukila #6 Posted 08 March 2021 - 09:44 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 48223 battles
  • 798
  • Member since:
    03-09-2017
soviet and american occupation? after everything the germans did in ww2 this guy complains about sssr and us occupation? is it for real?

Horcan #7 Posted 08 March 2021 - 11:29 AM

    The Great Hunter

  • Player
  • 68548 battles
  • 647
  • [2NRGY] 2NRGY
  • Member since:
    01-30-2011

was in WW I , but still...

https://en.wikipedia...erina_Teodoroiu



Grunherz #8 Posted 08 March 2021 - 11:36 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 13624 battles
  • 29
  • [JG54] JG54
  • Member since:
    10-18-2010

View PostHorcan, on 08 March 2021 - 11:29 AM, said:

was in WW I , but still...

https://en.wikipedia...erina_Teodoroiu


Surrendering and then start shooting... Mmm, well okay...

 

... Ah, made the Germans believe they had surrendered and then started shooting... Still, mmm...


Edited by Grunherz, 08 March 2021 - 11:42 AM.


Horcan #9 Posted 08 March 2021 - 12:00 PM

    The Great Hunter

  • Player
  • 68548 battles
  • 647
  • [2NRGY] 2NRGY
  • Member since:
    01-30-2011

View PostGrunherz, on 08 March 2021 - 10:36 AM, said:


Surrendering and then start shooting... Mmm, well okay...

 

... Ah, made the Germans believe they had surrendered and then started shooting... Still, mmm...

I'm sure you would have done a better job than an early 20's years old girl who died on the front leading a charge.


Edited by Horcan, 08 March 2021 - 12:03 PM.


Grunherz #10 Posted 08 March 2021 - 12:06 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 13624 battles
  • 29
  • [JG54] JG54
  • Member since:
    10-18-2010

View PostHorcan, on 08 March 2021 - 12:00 PM, said:

I'm sure you would have done a better job than an early 20's years old girl who died on the front leading a charge.


No, probably surrendered...



TrueDesires #11 Posted 08 March 2021 - 12:50 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 42812 battles
  • 56
  • [US66] US66
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011
I like the illustration. Nice artwork.

TrueDesires #12 Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:05 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 42812 battles
  • 56
  • [US66] US66
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostAkathis, on 08 March 2021 - 08:20 AM, said:

Well, alright, but while men were being scattered in battlefields, Gwen Thomas tripped over TNT and went back to work; Reba Whittle put plasters and Christine Granville was guerrilla liaison... How much emotion, fierceness and courage.

 

If you wanted to honor the women of that time, you could talk about female suffering during the invasion and subsequent Soviet and American occupations. They strove to survive despite the crimes they had to suffer (I do not go into details), ethnic cleansing and hunger. They worked like animals with hardly any food and experiencing many injustices (I will not go into details) to clear the rubble and raise starving children and crippled relatives.

You misunderstand this post. The women of these stories fought and tried to make their own destinies in those dark times against their enemy "not only" for surviving. And this game is a "battle game", we want to hear here about fighters and heroes, not victims whose heads were smashed by tracks of tanks or were burned in a tank, or were raped to death by our ancestors.



Meat_Ball_Atlus #13 Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:06 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 13751 battles
  • 196
  • [SNRGY] SNRGY
  • Member since:
    03-02-2015

 

View PostHorcan, on 08 March 2021 - 11:29 AM, said:

was in WW I , but still...

https://en.wikipedia...erina_Teodoroiu

View PostGrunherz, on 08 March 2021 - 11:36 AM, said:


Surrendering and then start shooting... Mmm, well okay...

 

... Ah, made the Germans believe they had surrendered and then started shooting... Still, mmm...

 

There is a term for this form of deception; 'Perfidy', deceiving the enemy by promising acts of goodness with the intention of breaking those promises.

 

Perfidy is actually deemed a warcrime so if it's true that this Ecaterina Teodoroiu pulled off a fake surrender, then she she should be treated as a warcriminal. It's silly to glorify a warcrime no matter how far in the past it happend.

 

A fake surrender defies all morality. The enemy is still human afterall, just fighting in a different uniform, under another flag. 

 


Edited by 1Stronk, 08 March 2021 - 01:09 PM.


Ferditude #14 Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:07 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4485 battles
  • 903
  • Member since:
    11-22-2016
So nothing for anyone, who doesn't get a twitch on for wg

TrueDesires #15 Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:25 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 42812 battles
  • 56
  • [US66] US66
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View Post1Stronk, on 08 March 2021 - 12:06 PM, said:

 

 

There is a term for this form of deception; 'Perfidy', deceiving the enemy by promising acts of goodness with the intention of breaking those promises.

 

Perfidy is actually deemed a warcrime so if it's true that this Ecaterina Teodoroiu pulled off a fake surrender, then she she should be treated as a warcriminal. It's silly to glorify a warcrime no matter how far in the past it happend.

 

A fake surrender defies all morality. The enemy is still human afterall, just fighting in a different uniform, under another flag. 

 



If you let frontline soldiers win over you, there is a chance that your family and your people end up in a mass grave... The war defies all morality, where politics send people to die for their greedy desires and order genocides.



Cheezix #16 Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44848 battles
  • 1,213
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    10-29-2012
Since I've never heard of International Men's Day I assume only one day of the year is reserved for women and the other 364 days are for us men? :P

DrGorgomelX #17 Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:55 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 9788 battles
  • 97
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016

View PostCheezix, on 08 March 2021 - 02:40 PM, said:

Since I've never heard of International Men's Day I assume only one day of the year is reserved for women and the other 364 days are for us men? :P


Here you go buddy :)
https://en.wikipedia...ional_Men's_Day
 

View PostAkathis, on 08 March 2021 - 09:20 AM, said:

Well, alright, but while men were being scattered in battlefields, Gwen Thomas tripped over TNT and went back to work; Reba Whittle put plasters and Christine Granville was guerrilla liaison... How much emotion, fierceness and courage.

 

If you wanted to honor the women of that time, you could talk about female suffering during the invasion and subsequent Soviet and American occupations. They strove to survive despite the crimes they had to suffer (I do not go into details), ethnic cleansing and hunger. They worked like animals with hardly any food and experiencing many injustices (I will not go into details) to clear the rubble and raise starving children and crippled relatives.


You understand if there's no ammo there's nothing to shoot at each other on the battelfield, right? Women working in crappy conditions and tirelessly was very important for frontline soldiers. Plus it's not like they were allowed to go anywhere near battlefields, so it wasn't their choice. A war is not easy on anyone, being that in the home country or on the frontlines. Wars are also seldom declared by women btw. :hiding:
 

View PostVukila, on 08 March 2021 - 09:44 AM, said:

soviet and american occupation? after everything the germans did in ww2 this guy complains about sssr and us occupation? is it for real?

 

My country was initially allied with Germany (not really having other options) and then invaded by it. Then it was looted, raped and destroyed by the soviets, who also basically stayed for another 60 years. Yes. I think i would complain about the barbarism. One evil doesn't pardon another.



Horcan #18 Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:55 PM

    The Great Hunter

  • Player
  • 68548 battles
  • 647
  • [2NRGY] 2NRGY
  • Member since:
    01-30-2011

View Post1Stronk, on 08 March 2021 - 12:06 PM, said:

 

 

There is a term for this form of deception; 'Perfidy', deceiving the enemy by promising acts of goodness with the intention of breaking those promises.

 

Perfidy is actually deemed a warcrime so if it's true that this Ecaterina Teodoroiu pulled off a fake surrender, then she she should be treated as a warcriminal. It's silly to glorify a warcrime no matter how far in the past it happend.

 

A fake surrender defies all morality. The enemy is still human afterall, just fighting in a different uniform, under another flag. 

 

[content removed] to even think such act used to escape is immoral and a war crime. Im preety sure spies and their actions, the "ingame" Panther simulating a Wolverine, fake vehicles, use of enemy symbols on ships, wearing uniforms in sabotage acts even the story of "trojan horse" are all glorious morale strategies. Also shooting enemies who already surrendered, which im preety sure it was performed by all sides involved in WW.

 

Minor insult.

Post edited.

~BethHarmon, Forum Moderator

 


Edited by BethHarmon, 08 March 2021 - 07:56 PM.


Cheezix #19 Posted 08 March 2021 - 03:00 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44848 battles
  • 1,213
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    10-29-2012

View PostDrGorgomelX, on 08 March 2021 - 02:55 PM, said:

 

Oh great thanks! Didn't even google it, because apparently nobody ever talks about it #feminism 



Akathis #20 Posted 08 March 2021 - 03:02 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 96903 battles
  • 1,747
  • [C3C-P] C3C-P
  • Member since:
    12-02-2012

IMHO a videogame has nothing to do with such a politicized day (maybe not the case in Russia), but this is the case in EU and US.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users