Conspiracy theories

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

deamy #1 Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10731 battles
Inspired by this thread, I realized it would be interesting with a thread on conspiracy theories.

I like reading reading ones about illegal corporate operations, but I'm sure some people here would enjoy a nice one on Aliens / UFO:S or One World Government. Historical ones about the Nazi's might be popular too!  

Know some? Post them here!

Big + if they are actually plausible!

Note: No flaming, trolling & spam, please. And no pictures of foil hats, we've seen them all. :Smile_harp:

CrazyCactusK #2 Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 11395 battles
They say that they are removing the type soon so as many people as possible by them while they still have the chance.

deamy #3 Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10731 battles

View Postsindroms, on 13 January 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

They say that they are removing the type soon so as many people as possible by them while they still have the chance.

Because they aren't selling any more. And on the same time they appease the player base without them.

It's a good marketing move, not a conspiracy  :P

deamy #4 Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10731 battles
My favourite conspiracies are about M/S Estonia, that sank in the Baltic in 1994.

The official story changed several times during the investigations, which took a staggering 38 months to complete. The latest version seems like the bow ramp mysteriously fell off during the night(?!).

Obviously people couldn't believe it would just fall off, and I remember some early stories from staffs that the ship had stopped and lowered the ramp to dump something into the sea, which was to rough, causing the ship to capsize.

Other state the bow was blown off by explosives, either before or after the sinking, for some reason.

Reports in 1995 confirmed Estonia and other ferries frequently shipped ex-Soviet military material to the West through Sweden. Exactly what has never been determined, but it's believed to be either guided missile systems (As portrayed in the film Baltic Storm), perhaps with warheads. After the disaster the government stated they would salvage the ship to bury the dead - a quite easy operation in shallow waters. Then a few days later they stated it would be impossible because of the angle of the wreck. Soon there after they ordered the purchase of one million tons of cement, allegedly to protect the ship from plunderers.

The last sentence is quite fascinating. What does one use a million ton of cement for? Hint. This never happend however, and the cement was used in building the Öresund Bridge.

Needless to say, the smuggling of nuclear missiles became quite popular in media productions by then, as in some books and films.

The final report was widely criticized for errors and mistakes, and it even begins with "During the printing some errors were found and corrected". What, what errors? It doesn't say.

Anyway, several groups and individuals are still working on investigating it. One is headed by relatives to some of those lost.

This site is made by a Marine Engineer that actually seem to disprove quite a lot of the official reports:

http://heiwaco.tripod.com/news.htm

I found it to a quite interesting read.

Some other theories on the sinking include bombing by terrorists or a government agency:

Israeli demolitions expert with bombs used for sinking a ship, and the package found onboard
Posted ImagePosted Image

and a collision with a submarine:

see the huge buckle on the bow - caused by waves of all things? On a ship?

Posted ImagePosted Image

admiralbismarck #5 Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:56 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22625 battles
like my grandpa said "I don't believe in conspiracy theories that is just something the government uses to keep people busy and scared"
a bit of a paradox there lol

tigerstreak #6 Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:36 AM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23512 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T
the bow looks like it had a collision before coming off?

Catarraz #7 Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13287 battles
They say russian tanks are OP... :Smile-bajan2:

WoTDaFoCh #8 Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 22802 battles
Well this thread would be lost without zeitgeist 2011 edition  :Smile_honoring:

deamy #9 Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10731 battles

View Posttigerstreak, on 14 January 2012 - 05:36 AM, said:

the bow looks like it had a collision before coming off?

It certainly does... Considering the rust around it, and no-where else, it seems likely it was caused before sinking as well. The seaman on watch did report a loud, metallic sound at 1 am.

The shape seem to fit with that of the conning tower of a submarine. But it's really too high up for a Swedish sub (which would be a Västergötland class, that was in service at the time), as the conning tower isn't high enough. And if one of the few Swedish subs had a collision like that, we would know about it.

That leaves us with a Russian Kilo or an American nuke. But the whole idea seems stupid, a modern sub floating on the surface and getting rammed by a ferry at high speed? (With that deep mark, it hardly drifted into it). Then the bulb under the bow would had crushed and pushed away the submerged part of a submarine before it could reach the conning tower...

Much more likely a collision with a small surface vessel. But then again, that doesn't fit with the shape.

BattleMetalChris #10 Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9222 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I feel this is relevant: http://imgs.xkcd.com...cs/jet_fuel.png

JeffyShow #11 Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5164 battles

View PostUMM, on 14 January 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

They are clearly NOT OP! U MAD?

On the whole they only have better:

armor
guns
manuverability
camo value and profile

And WG is not a russian company, does Overlord look russian to you?? fffs
U mad!?

deamy #12 Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10731 battles

View PostUMM, on 14 January 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

View PostBattleMetalChris, on 14 January 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

I feel this is relevant: http://imgs.xkcd.com...cs/jet_fuel.png

View PostJeffyShow, on 14 January 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

They are clearly NOT OP! U MAD?

On the whole they only have better:

armor
guns
manuverability
camo value and profile

And WG is not a russian company, does Overlord look russian to you?? fffs
U mad!?

Let's not ruin the thread with mindless spam, shall we?

DougHole #13 Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:47 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 7178 battles
Cats and dogs took over the earth and have enslaved us to pamper to their every need.

Posted Image

serpenta #14 Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14418 battles
  • [HB] HB

View PostDougHole, on 15 January 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

Cats and dogs took over the earth and have enslaved us to pamper to their every need.

It's true for the cats part.

++++ ++++ ++++

Post WWII German designed flyig saucer have crushed near Roswell.

I have read one book (as teenager) on German flying saucers program. Author convinced me (I'm Polish, fact that Riese complex is in my national territory helped a lot) to anti-gravitational propulsion (I find this somewhat oximoronic today) ability to reach orbital speed, nuclear engine and so on. I was thrilled and then I started to read the epilogue in which he started to describe seizure of this project by Americans (so far so good) and that they started to genetically manipulate people and have bred mutants about meter tall with greyish green skin and big lidless eyes... such careless mistake by him to be honest, it's like Wells ending The War of The Worlds with "It was just a scam. Good night!"

Tuccy #15 Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

Czech Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 14455 battles
  • [WG] WG
Actually there are hints re. real (and pretty simple) conspiracy re. Roswell: USAF intel feeding a bit here and there to UFO geek circles to cover up the real thing that crashed there (IE MOGUL baloon). Similarily, "UFO sightings" around Area 51 being a nice smoke screen for prototypes being tested there.

On the other hand, it would be interesting to find any connection between UFO spotter circles and KGB. Probably not knowing on the spotter's side, but logically thinking they would be a prime target for KGB intel gathering ops. I mean, who better to keep track of than individuals willing to spend night after night around strategic installations?  :Smile-hiding: If I was trying to get info about what's going on there, I would definitely try to get one of my agents to an UFO convention.

deamy #16 Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10731 battles
About UFO:s and flying saucers:

Posted Image

http://en.wikipedia....da_VZ-9_Avrocar

No wonder people believe in them!

tigerstreak #17 Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:51 AM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23512 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T

View Postdeamy, on 14 January 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

It certainly does... Considering the rust around it, and no-where else, it seems likely it was caused before sinking as well. The seaman on watch did report a loud, metallic sound at 1 am.

The shape seem to fit with that of the conning tower of a submarine. But it's really too high up for a Swedish sub (which would be a Västergötland class, that was in service at the time), as the conning tower isn't high enough. And if one of the few Swedish subs had a collision like that, we would know about it.

That leaves us with a Russian Kilo or an American nuke. But the whole idea seems stupid, a modern sub floating on the surface and getting rammed by a ferry at high speed? (With that deep mark, it hardly drifted into it). Then the bulb under the bow would had crushed and pushed away the submerged part of a submarine before it could reach the conning tower...

Much more likely a collision with a small surface vessel. But then again, that doesn't fit with the shape.
i think we'd be seeing a second sunken ship. unless they hit a container that had fallen off another ship?

JeffyShow #18 Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5164 battles

View Postdeamy, on 15 January 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Let's not ruin the thread with mindless spam, shall we?

can't tell if sarcastic

if yea - gj, and sorry for -1

p.s. I don't play this "game" anymore.
too many noobs and too much bias.

Banelord300 #19 Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17322 battles
I have seen Baltic storm too but thats not so important what if there was an som sort of expermental sub/boat which had a failure in it systems or didnt notice Estonia in the night. During the cold war the alies didnt know that t64 existed until they showed it off so :Smile_honoring:

R_O_N_I_N #20 Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10740 battles

On the morning of September 11, 2001, 19 men armed with boxcutters directed by a man on dialysis in a cave fortress halfway around the world using a satellite phone  and a laptop directed the most sophisticated penetration of the most  heavily-defended airspace in the world, overpowering the passengers and  the military combat-trained pilots  on 4 commercial aircraft before flying those planes wildly off course  for over an hour without being molested by a single fighter interceptor. These 19 hijackers, devout religious fundamentalists who liked to drink alcohol, snort cocaine, and live with pink-haired strippers,  managed to knock down 3 buildings with 2 planes in New York, while in  Washington a pilot who couldn’t handle a single engine Cessna was able  to fly a 757 in an 8,000 foot descending 270 degree corskscrew turn to  come exactly level with the ground, hitting the Pentagon in the budget analyst office where DoD staffers were working on the mystery of the 2.3 trillion dollars that Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld had announced “missing” from the Pentagon’s coffers in a press conference the day before, on September 10, 2001.

Luckily, the news anchors knew who did it within minutes, the pundits knew within hours, the Administration knew within the day, and the evidence literally fell into the FBI’s lap. But for some reason a bunch of crazy conspiracy theorists demanded an investigation into the greatest attack on American soil in history.

The investigation was delayed, underfunded, set up to fail, a conflict of interest and a cover up from start to finish. It was based on testimony extracted through torture, the records of which were destroyed. It failed to mention the existence of WTC7, Able Danger, Ptech, Sibel Edmonds, OBL and the CIA, and the drills  of hijacked aircraft being flown into buildings that were being  simulated at the precise same time that those events were actually  happening. It was lied to by the Pentagon, the CIA, the Bush Administration and as for Bush and Cheney…well, no one knows what they told it because they testified in secret, off the record, not under oath and behind closed doors. It didn’t bother to look at who funded the attacks because that question is of “little practical significance“. Still, the 9/11 Commission did brilliantly, answering all of the questions the public had (except most of the victims’ family members’ questions)  and pinned blame on all the people responsible (although no one so much  as lost their job), determining the attacks were “a failure of  imagination” because “I don’t think anyone could envision flying  airplanes into buildings ” except the Pentagon and FEMA and NORAD and the NRO.

The DIA destroyed 2.5 TB of data on Able Danger, but that’s OK because it probably wasn’t important.

The SEC destroyed their records  on the investigation into the insider trading before the attacks, but  that’s OK because destroying the records of the largest investigation in  SEC history is just part of routine record keeping.

NIST has classified the data  that they used for their model of WTC7′s collapse, but that’s OK  because knowing how they made their model of that collapse would “jeopardize public safety“.

The FBI has argued  that all material related to their investigation of 9/11 should be kept  secret from the public, but that’s OK because the FBI probably has nothing to hide.

This man  never existed, nor is anything he had to say worthy of your attention,  and if you say otherwise you are a paranoid conspiracy theorist and  deserve to be shunned by all of humanity. Likewise him, him, him, and her. (and her and her and him).

Osama Bin Laden lived in a cave fortress in the hills of Afghanistan, but somehow got away. Then he was hiding out in Tora Bora but somehow got away. Then he lived in Abottabad for years, taunting the most comprehensive intelligence dragnet  employing the most sophisticated technology in the history of the world  for 10 years, releasing video after video with complete impunity (and  getting younger and younger as he did so), before finally being found in  a daring SEAL team raid which wasn’t recorded on video, in which he didn’t resist or use his wife as a human shield,  and in which these crack special forces operatives panicked and killed  this unarmed man, supposedly the best source of intelligence about those  dastardly terrorists on the planet. Then they dumped his body in the  ocean before telling anyone about it. Then a couple dozen of that team’s  members died in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan.

This is the story of 9/11, brought to you by the media which told you the hard truths about JFK and incubator babies and mobile production facilities and the rescue of Jessica Lynch.

If you have any questions about this story…you are a batshit,  paranoid, tinfoil, dog-abusing baby-hater and will be reviled by  everyone. If you love your country and/or freedom, happiness, rainbows,  rock and roll, puppy dogs, apple pie and your grandma, you will never  ever express doubts about any part of this story to anyone. Ever.

This has been a public service announcement by: the Friends of the FBI, CIA, NSA, DIA, SEC, MSM, White House, NIST, and the 9/11 Commission. Because Ignorance is Strength.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users