Jump to content


Top of the Tree: XM551 Sheridan


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 05 April 2021 - 06:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 37,542
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Let’s shine a spotlight on the versatile and powerful American light tank line all the way to the Sheridan.

The full text of the news item

saxsan4 #2 Posted 05 April 2021 - 06:01 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 31151 battles
  • 7,867
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011
when can we get the guided rockets like on wot blitz?

cosssma #3 Posted 05 April 2021 - 06:52 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 35923 battles
  • 150
  • [15-AT] 15-AT
  • Member since:
    08-27-2013
can t play this line with ebrs

Duke_Harkonnen #4 Posted 05 April 2021 - 07:41 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22506 battles
  • 265
  • [SK-NB] SK-NB
  • Member since:
    12-17-2018
Obsolete? Yes.
Will I buy tier 9, also Yes.

XXxDIABOLICxXX #5 Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:44 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7045 battles
  • 31
  • Member since:
    10-18-2019
With the HE nerf being imminent.. I dont see me grinding this line anytime soon.

ExeCutOr563 #6 Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:54 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 443 battles
  • 6
  • [W-T_F] W-T_F
  • Member since:
    03-01-2019

View Postsaxsan4, on 05 April 2021 - 06:01 AM, said:

when can we get the guided rockets like on wot blitz?

Hate to break it to you, but missiles have been discontinued in the WoTb. And lets be honest, nobody's gonna' want fast arty in the game, because that's exactly what they did with that mechanic.



Simona2k #7 Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:47 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 6396 battles
  • 1,687
  • [FOXZA] FOXZA
  • Member since:
    10-01-2017
Not bad, Happy Easter

Gremlin182 #8 Posted 05 April 2021 - 11:07 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 71818 battles
  • 11,141
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Now would be a good time to bring back the M41 Bulldogs autoloader, it might make the tier 8 worth getting and playing.

Quite funny really get rid of the autloloading American Lights then continuing to expand autoloaders and later autoreloaders.

 



Lanrefni #9 Posted 05 April 2021 - 11:35 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 44844 battles
  • 6,087
  • [AAV] AAV
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View PostGremlin182, on 05 April 2021 - 12:07 PM, said:

Now would be a good time to bring back the M41 Bulldogs autoloader, it might make the tier 8 worth getting and playing.

Quite funny really get rid of the autloloading American Lights then continuing to expand autoloaders and later autoreloaders.

 

ah yes, the 10 shot autoloader that effectively broke the game, both during and after its' nerf.

no thanks, I'd rather not get myself punished for 33% of my HP just because I made a slight possible mistake of letting the Bulldog get onto some critical position, from where he can tunnelvision half of the team. Nobody should be made to suffer like that, and that is precisely what happened with the Bulldog every time it got something like Mines or even any map where it could flank you.

Block Quote

 With the HE nerf being imminent.. I dont see me grinding this line anytime soon.

 It's not like you have to play Sheridan with the HE gun as an absolute must. It really is a bad misconception. The tank isn't even competitive in that setup, contrary to what some of the people think here. 

Block Quote

 can t play this line with ebrs

 No, to play with EBRs you need to play the EBR line.

Block Quote

 Obsolete? Yes.

 Not at all, just way more situational than other LTs (read: pocket mediums) but can shine in certain situations better than others.

and no, the whole ''aLl oTHeR lT lInES aRe oBSolEtE bECAusE oF rNg aND eBRs'' bias crap is not an argument. This is how false, unconfirmed information is born.

 



Duke_Harkonnen #10 Posted 05 April 2021 - 11:50 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22506 battles
  • 265
  • [SK-NB] SK-NB
  • Member since:
    12-17-2018

View PostLanrefni, on 05 April 2021 - 11:35 AM, said:

ah yes, the 10 shot autoloader that effectively broke the game, both during and after its' nerf.

no thanks, I'd rather not get myself punished for 33% of my HP just because I made a slight possible mistake of letting the Bulldog get onto some critical position, from where he can tunnelvision half of the team. Nobody should be made to suffer like that, and that is precisely what happened with the Bulldog every time it got something like Mines or even any map where it could flank you.

 It's not like you have to play Sheridan with the HE gun as an absolute must. It really is a bad misconception. The tank isn't even competitive in that setup, contrary to what some of the people think here. 

 No, to play with EBRs you need to play the EBR line.

 Not at all, just way more situational than other LTs (read: pocket mediums) but can shine in certain situations better than others.

and no, the whole ''aLl oTHeR lT lInES aRe oBSolEtE bECAusE oF rNg aND eBRs'' bias crap is not an argument. This is how false, unconfirmed information is born.

 

 

 

Obsolete because tier 9 and 10 médium tanks are just much more usefull + ebrs on tier 9 and 10 are superior. 



BohdanTheTanker #11 Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:52 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 13644 battles
  • 5
  • [1DUNO] 1DUNO
  • Member since:
    12-04-2018

View PostGremlin182, on 05 April 2021 - 11:07 AM, said:

Now would be a good time to bring back the M41 Bulldogs autoloader, it might make the tier 8 worth getting and playing.

Quite funny really get rid of the autloloading American Lights then continuing to expand autoloaders and later autoreloaders.

 

+1

 

After nerf and todays gameplay now Bulldog is pretty badly outdated, E5 10 round autoloader was great and fun (1500dmg potential in one clip). Even nerfed 6 round version would be ok at today



RedJester #12 Posted 05 April 2021 - 04:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29054 battles
  • 922
  • Member since:
    12-28-2017

View PostDuke_Harkonnen, on 05 April 2021 - 06:41 AM, said:

Obsolete? Yes.
Will I buy tier 9, also Yes.

I kinda was thinking of getting the T49 just for the laughs and fun of the derping HE in it but... HE changes imminent...what's the point? :(

 



Misago #13 Posted 05 April 2021 - 07:42 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23316 battles
  • 533
  • Member since:
    04-21-2012
I've unlocked the Sheridan a while back, but I guess there is not much point in actually playing it, is there? There are lights with better guns, and the box hull ist just incredibly ugly. I love the Sheridan in that other tank game, but here, there really is not point to it atm.

DIREWOLF75 #14 Posted 06 April 2021 - 03:54 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 23801 battles
  • 102
  • Member since:
    01-13-2018

View Postcosssma, on 05 April 2021 - 06:52 AM, said:

can t play this line with ebrs

 

As i already had the T49 since long back and had the Sheridan unlocked and wanted to test it, i got it.   Feels like playing a nerfed T49.

Worse however was when i got it into fights with EBRs.   Oh dear gods how inferior it is against those.   One fight with an EBR105, i hit him 3 times, with the oversized HE-gun, and each time i did a measly 250-300 damage.   Every shot he hit me with did 400-500 damage.

It was just laughably ridiculous.   A weapon that has 910 average damage potential, direct hits against something that does not have enough armor to bounce my shots at all, and yet he barely even took a third of the damage from my shots.   While i took full damage from every shot he hit me with.

Coupled with the poor camouflage, its usefulness is extremely limited.

 

View PostMisago, on 05 April 2021 - 07:42 PM, said:

I've unlocked the Sheridan a while back, but I guess there is not much point in actually playing it, is there? There are lights with better guns, and the box hull ist just incredibly ugly. I love the Sheridan in that other tank game, but here, there really is not point to it atm.

 

It works as a marginally improved T49 playing as a pure ambush or slashattack tank, but probably no point really if you have the T49.

It's poor as a scout despite highend spotrange and it has less survivability than the Grille15.   Mobility is good but that's it.



Lanrefni #15 Posted 06 April 2021 - 05:04 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 44844 battles
  • 6,087
  • [AAV] AAV
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View PostDuke_Harkonnen, on 05 April 2021 - 12:50 PM, said:

 

 

Obsolete because tier 9 and 10 médium tanks are just much more usefull + ebrs on tier 9 and 10 are superior. 

But they are not. They have no viewrange that MTs and LTs possess.

Block Quote

 

One fight with an EBR105, i hit him 3 times, with the oversized HE-gun, and each time i did a measly 250-300 damage.   Every shot he hit me with did 400-500 damage.

It was just laughably ridiculous.   A weapon that has 910 average damage potential, direct hits against something that does not have enough armor to bounce my shots at all

 Blowing things out of proportion, also using the wrong gun.

You hit his wheels, behind which there is no armor, meaning you hit spaced armor and if he hit you for full alpha you were either standing still and trading like a noob, allowing him to shoot your turret or not angling, because Sheridan has spaced armor on the hull all around which by default denies HE damage from <105mm HE shells, i.e., no pen.

 



DIREWOLF75 #16 Posted 06 April 2021 - 06:44 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 23801 battles
  • 102
  • Member since:
    01-13-2018

View PostLanrefni, on 06 April 2021 - 05:04 AM, said:

Block Quote

 

One fight with an EBR105, i hit him 3 times, with the oversized HE-gun, and each time i did a measly 250-300 damage.   Every shot he hit me with did 400-500 damage.

It was just laughably ridiculous.   A weapon that has 910 average damage potential, direct hits against something that does not have enough armor to bounce my shots at all

 Blowing things out of proportion, also using the wrong gun.

You hit his wheels, behind which there is no armor, meaning you hit spaced armor and if he hit you for full alpha you were either standing still and trading like a noob, allowing him to shoot your turret or not angling, because Sheridan has spaced armor on the hull all around which by default denies HE damage from <105mm HE shells, i.e., no pen.

 

 

We were both maneuvering hard at >50kph over partially uneven terrain.   The fact that i managed 3 direct hits on him was only because he played like an idiot and allowed me to get several easy shots at him from less than 30m while i dodged at least half his shots.   You can shove your assumptions, noob.

 

And no, i wasn't using "the wrong gun", i was testing it since i wanted to compare with its performance on the T49.   With which i have had several very good games with "the wrong gun".   When used correctly.   As it is exceptionally amusing to drive up behind a somewhat damaged heavy and oneshot it.   And then do the same again to another a minute later.



EVILpanzer #17 Posted 06 April 2021 - 07:04 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 22032 battles
  • 183
  • Member since:
    07-16-2011
Rebought Sheridan yesterday. First game 3600dmg, top in team by dmg in tier 10 game.

Tip. Don't use the derp gun, play like a nimble medium and deal dmg. Let other lights scout.

Lanrefni #18 Posted 06 April 2021 - 07:45 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 44844 battles
  • 6,087
  • [AAV] AAV
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

 

 

(post broke, as per usual)

 

Block Quote

 We were both maneuvering hard at >50kph over partially uneven terrain.   The fact that i managed 3 direct hits on him was only because he played like an idiot and allowed me to get several easy shots at him from less than 30m while i dodged at least half his shots.   You can shove your assumptions, noob.

 I mean, I can't judge without a replay, but events seem to suggest you took an ineffective trade... for some reason.

Block Quote

 And no, i wasn't using "the wrong gun", i was testing it since i wanted to compare with its performance on the T49.   With which i have had several very good games with "the wrong gun".   When used correctly.   As it is exceptionally amusing to drive up behind a somewhat damaged heavy and oneshot it.   And then do the same again to another a minute later.

There's no such thing as ''testing''.

152mm is for memes.

105mm is for competitivity and game carry potential. You can't carry with 152mm if it ever comes to that.

 

 


Edited by Lanrefni, 06 April 2021 - 07:48 AM.


Ferditude #19 Posted 07 April 2021 - 02:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4454 battles
  • 885
  • Member since:
    11-22-2016

Sheridan is a huge disappointment.

Drives like it's a hovercraft on ice.

Far from ebr insane 20g turns

13:58 Added after 1 minute

View PostLanrefni, on 06 April 2021 - 07:45 AM, said:

 

 

(post broke, as per usual)

 

 I mean, I can't judge without a replay, but events seem to suggest you took an ineffective trade... for some reason.

There's no such thing as ''testing''.

152mm is for memes.

105mm is for competitivity and game carry potential. You can't carry with 152mm if it ever comes to that.

 

 

You've never screamed in like a banshee, smashed them with 150mm

+left them wondering what just happened






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users