New 7v7 Tournaments and More in April

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 05 April 2021 - 11:00 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
April is filled with plenty of tournaments for everyone, including much-requested 7 versus 7 matches. Whether you are a seasoned veteran or a new recruit, sign up and take the chance to earn great gold rewards!

The full text of the news item

SlyHuntsman #2 Posted 05 April 2021 - 11:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24710 battles
  • [_RLD_] _RLD_
So you've stated the rewards for T7 events, but not scheduled any? lmao why bother then?

Hardass #3 Posted 05 April 2021 - 12:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 37719 battles
We do not need another tier 10 tournament or tier 8 they are catered for how about the other tiers you have 10 tiers in this game yet you concentrate on only 2.

MrMeeps #4 Posted 05 April 2021 - 12:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6217 battles
  • [S-C-F] S-C-F

Wot needs to implement the LOL weekend tournament system, where each tournament is just a small bracket of 8 teams and getting 1rst,2nd or 3rd place already gets you good rewards, Maybe make it a bracket of 16 in wot since games are shorter, or you could even implement a looser bracket type of system for each tournament bracket,  the way LOL makes it fair then is that they have the same tournaments (format), so in wot you could have a 7vs7 tier 10 for example, except they separate these small tournaments in  SKILL tiers, (tier 1, 2,3 and 4) and the higher the SKILL tier of the tournament bracket your in IS the higher the rewards but the better the competition, You could do this in wot ofc not with PR, maybe with wn8 but it would be bothersome, the Ideal solution would be that players in wot WIN a tier when they win a tournament and loose a tier when they loose a tournament and they can only participate in tournaments that are their tier or lower but not more then 2 tiers lower then their TIER (and wot could do this with 6 tiers total or more instead of 4, whatever works better). The whole idea of making Huge brackets in wot tournaments with small rewards is kind of annoying, long and dumb since its like over 100 team signed up and the rewards are already trash, imagine if LOL had that system each tournament would have a 1 000 000 people lmao, the whole idea and theory behind WOTS tournament system is flawed. 

-I also think that if wot would implement this system they do need to re-work their rewards, like a bit more gold and 100% more credits or credit rewards on average.

I would also make the schedules more main-stream, like just make a 1vs1 , a 3vs3, a 5vs5 and a 7vs7 tier 10 ,8 and 6 tournaments every weekend and Friday, during the week(except for Friday) you could make funny little tournaments like the tier 4,5,9 , every now and then make a special tier 9 tournament event that's more competitive (like the weekend ones), and idk  make a lower rewards training type of tier 10, 8 or 6 tournament during the week every now and then mixed with the funny random tier tournaments, but keep the Friday and weekend tournaments the same and with better rewards, just make it more main-stream and entertaining.

(What I mean by main-stream and entertaining is that like people should just be able to make a team and know when these tournaments take place every week the same way, random schedules per month etc just make it harder or less accessible for people to feel like its worth investing time in, in other games that have clear schedules, everyone talks about the weekly tournament or is having fun getting ready for it and then playing it, something that imo the current wot schedule system completely misses out on.)

Edited by MrMeeps, 05 April 2021 - 12:46 PM.

BR33K1_PAWAH #5 Posted 05 April 2021 - 12:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14068 battles
  • [AAV] AAV

IMO 1v1, 2v2 etc - all those formats make absolutely no sense in this game, with tanks and maps we have. All tournaments should start at least 5v5, better 7v7

MrMeeps #6 Posted 05 April 2021 - 12:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6217 battles
  • [S-C-F] S-C-F

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 05 April 2021 - 12:49 PM, said:

IMO 1v1, 2v2 etc - all those formats make absolutely no sense in this game, with tanks and maps we have. All tournaments should start at least 5v5, better 7v7

Again I did not rly touch on that in my Idea, but OFC part of what makes these tournaments more appealing in their scheduling etc is that they should be a certain format, I would also prioritize a certain format, having 100 different tournaments of 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs,3 ... and tier 1, 2, 3 ,4... is dumb ( you cant organize these formats in a  certain schedule because there are 2 many, in the end as a result nothing rly sticks as the main image or appeal factor), and ofc 1vs1 are a joke since half the time its a forced draw or some crap,  again Id always make it the same tournaments in the weekends and Fridays, and id obviously push for the Main staple of all of these tournaments to be tier 10, 5vs5 and 7vs7.  With tier 6, 8 and 9 being the next most prioritized tiers.

Things like Duo and Solo tournaments should just be a small  event imo (once per week) , I would not rly make it the image of weekend tournaments in wot since it makes little sense when thinking about how the game actually plays.

Overall I do think that the amount of tournament formats should be lowered down to make wot tournaments more simple and accessible to peoples schedules/goals. I would probably make 1 weekend 5vs5 tier 6,8 and 10, the other 7vs7 tier 6,8 and 10 ---> these would have the best average rewards, On Friday id have a 7vs7 tier 10  tournament with special rewards every week with another staple tournament (5vs5 or 7vs7) that changes from tier 6,8 and 9 every week and a Solo/Duo tournament that takes place during Friday as a special tournament too.

On other days I would always prioritize the main formats during PRIME time, and in other times of the day I would make some other tournaments depending onw hat people might want or are lacking, id make these tournaments have a bit lower rewards. 

I would also add an event or special tournament weekly that does not allow very competitive reward tanks like : chief,907,260 and 279e / maybe no prems in tier8 and 6,  to spice the META up a bit but only once or twice a week. (I don't feel like making a mock schedule Essay now but id totally implement a staple weekly tournament like this)

Edited by MrMeeps, 05 April 2021 - 01:21 PM.

Simona2k #7 Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6486 battles
  • [FOXZA] FOXZA
Good luck

Bordhaw #8 Posted 05 April 2021 - 03:30 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17798 battles

View PostHardass, on 05 April 2021 - 11:07 AM, said:

We do not need another tier 10 tournament or tier 8 they are catered for how about the other tiers you have 10 tiers in this game yet you concentrate on only 2.

Do you need help with understanding English ? 

_Panzerstein_ #9 Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3595 battles
sry for spam here but Wg celeberate soviet stuff ( yuri gagarin event) but we still not have any medal in game for m wittman best ace tank in history of humankind or some tiger 007 prem HT6 on game coz he was from soo called loser side that a good logic dear wg seems wg say no poltic in game but wg use most politic aganist players what wg do next celebrate stailn birthday?? with obj279 as prize?? again sry for spam here and gl & hf:(:harp::hiding:

TheVillain_ #10 Posted 06 April 2021 - 01:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6063 battles
  • [DUDE] DUDE

View Post_Panzerstein_, on 06 April 2021 - 12:56 AM, said:

sry for spam here but Wg celeberate soviet stuff ( yuri gagarin event) but we still not have any medal in game for m wittman best ace tank in history of humankind or some tiger 007 prem HT6 on game coz he was from soo called loser side that a good logic dear wg seems wg say no poltic in game but wg use most politic aganist players what wg do next celebrate stailn birthday?? with obj279 as prize?? again sry for spam here and gl & hf:(:harp::hiding:

Okay first of all, Wittman is best why? The guy got 138 confirmed kills, Kurt Knispel had 30 more if I recall. Otto Carius had over 150 (and wrote an awesome book) why not him?

Next, "panzer ace" was something not celebrated by the Wehrmacht, it was the SS who used it as a means to promote and praise its members and inspire others. Are you suggesting WG promote that kind of stuff?...

Not wanting to defend WG too much but I think playing it safe here is wise and it's better to promote space travel and the like.

To stay on topic - I enjoyed the 7v7 game mode for the content contributors, but I won't try something like this as it'll clearly be for the much more determined to win players out there. Good luck to those who do.

Edited by TheVillain_, 06 April 2021 - 01:29 AM.

guest273 #11 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:55 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37997 battles
  • [LUCH] LUCH

View PostMrMeeps, on 05 April 2021 - 11:32 AM, said:

The whole idea of making Huge brackets in wot tournaments with small rewards is kind of annoying, long and dumb since its like over 100 team signed up and the rewards are already trash.

One of my favorite team names I use quite often when playing in these tournaments: 5 wins = 0 gold.

Imagine winning 83% of your battles is not good enough to give you gold because you can't win the Ro32 battle. l m a o - oh wait, it's actually like this.

Edit: and that's the best case scenario. Imagine with 200 more teams than usual it's more like 7 wins = 0 gold.

09:59 Added after 4 minute

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 05 April 2021 - 11:49 AM, said:

Nope.

2v2 and 3v3 means you can grab 1-2 people from contacts list and instantly play a tournament.

5v5 means you sometimes take in 1-2 total Randoms and hope it's good enough to bring you to top 16.

and 7v7 means you definitely need to take in Randoms and if you don't have a competitive clan - you're screwed when fighting against clan teams that do 10v10 or 15v15 advances and SH each day.

It's basically a premade team vs "players who queued solo team" situation. 

Feedback wise, from someone who plays these almost daily:

1) Bo1 outside of group stage is a really bad format. You lose once and you're out. Hence the X wins = 0 gold.

2) Some maps are imbalanced. This further feeds into point 1. Ensk is very campy, a lot of teams choose to camp city and only try to fight it out in the last 1 minute. Ruinberg same. Himmelsdorf north has a big advantage. Lakeville south is better because they can cross safely to city a lot more easily.

3) These bigger formats like 5v5 and 7v7 favor bigger clans who play a lot of clan activities together, which means solo players are kind of screwed as they have to play together with people they don't know to even make a team.

4) 1v1 tournaments because reasons 1 & 2 are a waste of time. Also there's usually 200+ players applied. Also 1v1 a lot of players are scummy. You have to always take a medium tank (tank with enough speed to catch the enemy) and if the enemy takes a heavy tank (even if the map should theoretically favor it) and he manages to either outplay you or out-luck you, then you must be a piece of trash and not let him win by running away drawing the battle. At least this was the case a couple of years ago. Mines kind-of the only outlier map where heavy can work.

To improve tournaments I'd let each teams captain ban 1 map their team don't want to play. But you know, you would need wot development teams time to make that happen...

Edited by guest273, 06 April 2021 - 11:08 AM.

BR33K1_PAWAH #12 Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:14 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14068 battles
  • [AAV] AAV

View Postguest273, on 06 April 2021 - 12:55 PM, said:

Nope.

My point is based on that in a team game tournament means a "team tournament", and for me 3v3 is just not much of a team.

TijgernootTank #13 Posted 06 April 2021 - 05:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 61576 battles
  • [FLIPD] FLIPD

I cant think of much things more waste of time then try suggest any improvements regarding tournaments .

Still a nice try guys .

nemanja84bg #14 Posted 09 April 2021 - 04:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23934 battles
  • [SOV73] SOV73
Tried , those 1v1 are nice , i like smaller tournaments but still rigged hit chance so i left.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users