Games

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

NekoPuffer_PPP #1 Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:21 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39341 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

What's your favorite game? I mean something you loved when you were younger, something that will always have a special place in your heart.

We grow attached to games easily, but the one thing that leaves a lasting impression, that defines the experience, are the games' intros.

For me it's the Kaido Battle series, made by Genki. Their naming schemes are different in different regions, also known under the Tokyo Xtreme Racer name.

The franchise is heavily, heavily inspired by Initial D. Attempting to capture and portray the spirit of 80's/90's Japanese street racing culture.

Nothing tops these intros for me... The way they are able to stir my emotions up is unique, unseen in today's games.

A wonderful person called WhiteCharisma on YouTube remastered these and several other games' intros with AI upscaling into crystal-clear 4K.

xx984 #2 Posted 23 April 2021 - 03:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 74568 battles
  • [T1LT] T1LT

Say what you want about Fallout 4, But the game has an amazing intro;

Spoiler

and New Vegas is equally as amazing;

Spoiler

Fallout franchise holds a S.P.E.C.I.A.L place in my heart, Fallout 3 got me into it back on the 360 when i was about 10. And then when New vegas came out, i barely put it down, and when i did put it down it was mainly to play Skyrim :teethhappy: Fallout 4 i enjoyed a lot, but nowhere near as much as i did New vegas, and I recently got 76 and have actually been having a blast on it, held of for a while before buying it and it actually just feels like a normal Fallout game now but with friends. 

The_Naa #3 Posted 23 April 2021 - 04:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17780 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Why i was not informed about this thread?

let me begin:

Medal of Honor European Assault is one of my Favorite games of all time. i really enjoy it and still play its splitscreen with my friends when ever possible

such a legendary game, also on the highest difficulty the most brutal and difficult game of all time:

Spoiler

Call of Duty 2 was the first FPS game i ever had on PC and was really amazing. been playing it for 14 years now. still a classic that has a special place in my heart

Spoiler

Rayman 3 is simply Amazing. still makes me go WOW! every time i see it:

Spoiler

Jurassic Part Operation Genesis was like a dream come true as a kid

Spoiler

Metro Last light. one of the Best games in the Best series in the whole world. and the whole inspiration for the Gas Mask thing that i have going in the WoT.

Spoiler

Medieval 2 Total War. a great game one that i like a lot:

Spoiler

Rome Total War, a Game that is constantly on the Top. no game yet has been able to suck me in for nearly 10 000 hours of gameplay. still my most played game and we are going to get a Remastered version this month... going to be a long break from Tanks again...

Spoiler

Dark Souls 1 and 3 Amazing games and my favorite series when it comes to PVP sword games. ( i did not enjoy DS2 )

Spoiler

Need for Speed Most Wanted i also a game i enjoyed playing, the only trouble was that it kept breaking a lot so we needed to buy multiple copes constantly.

Spoiler

and here is the very first game that i ever played: Call of Duty Finest Hour:

Spoiler

Samurai Warrios 1 and 4. a game that i nearly forgot until i ran into it again some time ago

Spoiler

Brothers in Arms in another great game series. too bad it has been on a cliff hanger for ages now:

Spoiler

and ofc, who could forget Asterix and Obelix XXL:

Spoiler

As a bonus ill give you the Best cross over intro trailer thing ever. Star Wars Battlefront II/2 mix. both are amazing games in their own right:

Spoiler

thats nowhere near the end tho but ill stop here and save you from all the other games that have a special place in my heart.

they are not as influential so ill leave them out for now. maybe ill add more if i remember more.

but thanks PPP for this nostalgia trip. i really appreciate it. <3 :rolleyes:

Ahhh... such a colorful selection of games and memories...

Edited by The_Naa, 23 April 2021 - 04:30 PM.

xx984 #4 Posted 23 April 2021 - 04:36 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 74568 battles
  • [T1LT] T1LT

View PostThe_Naa, on 23 April 2021 - 03:29 PM, said:

Spoiler

that game was a master piece 

Balc0ra #5 Posted 24 April 2021 - 02:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 85219 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 08 April 2021 - 03:21 AM, said:

What's your favorite game? I mean something you loved when you were younger, something that will always have a special place in your heart.

I mean as far as fav games with a special place in my heart? Well... time to show my age. 

This dropped my Jaw seeing it for the first time back in the day. All the cars had their own page with images, movies and manufacturing stories. And when the SE version came with 3DFX? Oh boy. And the GT90... That was more or less the only game with it for a long time. 

Spoiler

This oddly enough is now a WG owned IP. Still love the intro, the music, the scale of the battles. I still play it today on steam fairly often. God knows how many times I've played the campaigns over the years. No need for a remaster even, as the 24-year-old game works with 4K or 1440p unmodified on the original version. 

Spoiler

Definitely a game close to my heart. I know every detail by heart. I can play it in a few hours from start to finish and do it at least once a year... And god the music. That thing was my ringtone on most of my phones that could play midi or wave back in the day. 

Spoiler

If you want uncontrolled chaos and an RTS with the difficulty turned to 11 with a super cheating AI... This is the game for you. 

Spoiler

How can you not love this? Again my jaw dropped when I did see that intro back in the day. I bought a massive joystick just for this game that I still have and used on the sequels. 

Spoiler

I not much of a Vampire guy... But the Legacy of Kain series was insane for the time. And I loved the stories they offered. 

Spoiler

Not an intro as such as the game honestly did not have any. It told the story as it went. But... the menu... oh man the menu alone gave me chills. 

Spoiler

But as for best intros of all time? I have to admit that this is my fav intro of all time. Why? Because it looks like it's gonna be a long one with a tutorial or a long intro story. But then the protagonist just tells them to shut up so we can play. 

Spoiler

But on the other side of the scale, we have one of the intros that did the best job of hyping me up... for a trip that was terrible. I say terrible, as I love, and still love every game before it. But this intro man...  

Spoiler

Then I'm gonna flip the coin and do endings. 

If you have yet to play Spec ops the line, you're missing out. It's not an amazing game. But the story as you move along is so well done. The longer you play, the more you lose yourself and your squadmates. You are forced to make decisions where no one wins. Both are bad, and there are no good outcomes. It plays with your mind as you move along. So thus the ending kinda blew peoples minds when they got it to it. 

Spoiler

Then at the same time, I'm also gonna do a rather good ending for a rather terrible game overall. But the ending hit a few notes rather well. Seeing yourself fade, make the rescue, and the reveal that you are in one of the body bags just a second too late.

Spoiler

Edited by Balc0ra, 24 April 2021 - 02:28 AM.

lord_chipmonk #6 Posted 24 April 2021 - 05:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38465 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

At the time I thought the graphics were amazing. Great game.

A love of my teenage years. A game for all ages.

Candarian #7 Posted 24 April 2021 - 06:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39609 battles
  • [PAFLO] PAFLO

I-WAR

best intro ever

sadly the quality here is crap

Edited by Candarian, 24 April 2021 - 06:19 AM.

Also tagged with Games

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users