Jump to content


Excelsior bots


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Yndy_ #1 Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:02 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 46888 battles
  • 588
  • [RUDE] RUDE
  • Member since:
    03-17-2013

I've had a game at tier 5-6 where there were several Excelsior bots, see the attached screenshot.

Names, stats, in game behaviour, all indicated bots.

I've had another game with 2 Excelsior bots on each side. Has this been discussed before?

 

Image removed

No naming and shaming

 


Edited by L3gionaire, 08 April 2021 - 08:22 AM.
Naming and shaming


Frostilicus #2 Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:34 AM

    Brigadier

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 26166 battles
  • 4,055
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011
Naming and shaming others isn't going to end well for you :)

Yndy_ #3 Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:22 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 46888 battles
  • 588
  • [RUDE] RUDE
  • Member since:
    03-17-2013

View PostFrostilicus, on 08 April 2021 - 07:34 AM, said:

Naming and shaming others isn't going to end well for you :)

Happy to take the penalty if there are actual people behind those accounts. But I guess naming real bots isn't an offense as they should be shameless.

 

PS: also no judgement on the quality of their play.


Edited by Yndy_, 08 April 2021 - 07:23 AM.


ilmavarvas #4 Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:29 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 30525 battles
  • 1,814
  • [FIPZD] FIPZD
  • Member since:
    01-08-2014

View PostYndy_, on 08 April 2021 - 07:22 AM, said:

Happy to take the penalty if there are actual people behind those accounts. But I guess naming real bots isn't an offense as they should be shameless.

 

PS: also no judgement on the quality of their play.

 

It's not about them being bot programs or humans, just don't post names & make any kind of accusations in here.

 

But yep, might be bunch of bots, especially useful for referral program.



TheDrownedApe #5 Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:33 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 57433 battles
  • 7,132
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

Yeah that's some bizarre accounts and they kinda mirror each other too.

 

3 created within 3 days of each other, very similar games played,  3 or 4 tanks only on the accounts in tier 4-5 only.

2 have identical tanks, identical games played, 

Defo bot/WG accounts


Edited by TheDrownedApe, 08 April 2021 - 07:36 AM.


TankkiPoju #6 Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:42 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 28231 battles
  • 8,707
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View Postilmavarvas, on 08 April 2021 - 07:29 AM, said:

 

It's not about them being bot programs or humans, just don't post names & make any kind of accusations in here.

 

But yep, might be bunch of bots, especially useful for referral program.

 

There is an invite code for WoT EU, where IIRC you get 7 days of premium and an Excelsior, which you get permanently. The bot programs are using the code to create accounts.

 

EU has entire clans doing bot accounts.


Edited by TankkiPoju, 08 April 2021 - 07:43 AM.


Miepie #7 Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:55 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8139 battles
  • 4,133
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018

View PostTankkiPoju, on 08 April 2021 - 07:42 AM, said:

 

EU has entire clans doing bot accounts.

Stop statshaming the Dingers; we are real humanoids, consuming the foodthings, perpetrating the sleepthings and facilitating the sexthings. Just like the other real humanoids! :( 



Yndy_ #8 Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:21 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 46888 battles
  • 588
  • [RUDE] RUDE
  • Member since:
    03-17-2013

View PostTankkiPoju, on 08 April 2021 - 08:42 AM, said:

 

There is an invite code for WoT EU, where IIRC you get 7 days of premium and an Excelsior, which you get permanently. The bot programs are using the code to create accounts.

 

EU has entire clans doing bot accounts.

Wow, interesting to know.



Stig_Stigma #9 Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:27 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27066 battles
  • 672
  • Member since:
    09-16-2015
Cant name and shame bots you know... as long as they bring revenue to WG

_LongRangeSniper_ #10 Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:54 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 43982 battles
  • 12,480
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View PostTankkiPoju, on 08 April 2021 - 06:42 AM, said:

 

There is an invite code for WoT EU, where IIRC you get 7 days of premium and an Excelsior, which you get permanently. The bot programs are using the code to create accounts.

 

EU has entire clans doing bot accounts.

 

Yeah, they bot/grind to tier X then pop the account on a well known auction site for $20.

 

 

I've never understood why WG don't seem to be able to stop bot programmes in game?



Balc0ra #11 Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:01 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 82853 battles
  • 26,486
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostYndy_, on 08 April 2021 - 06:02 AM, said:

I've had another game with 2 Excelsior bots on each side. Has this been discussed before?

 

Been a fair few topics about it since they started appearing about a year ago. They come in waves and usually appear really late at night, as in past 3 AM until reset to increase the chance of getting them all on the same team to again reduce the risk of reports I suspect. But the few I've seen that are all created the same day, usually don't all last that long when checked up later. So even if they banned all of them now, a new wave will appear in a few weeks. 

 

Why they do it, or even if it's the same guy? Who knows. But I suspect it's aimed at account sales. 

 

View PostStig_Stigma, on 08 April 2021 - 10:27 AM, said:

Cant name and shame bots you know... as long as they bring revenue to WG

 

They use the same old invite code for a free tier 5 premium. If they remove the Excelsior code for something else, then that's the tank they will use instead to farm. 

 

 

View Post_LongRangeSniper_, on 08 April 2021 - 10:54 AM, said:

 

Yeah, they bot/grind to tier X then pop the account on a well known auction site for $20.

 

I've never understood why WG don't seem to be able to stop bot programmes in game?

 

I doubt they even use their "main" for referrals if that's the case. As that name with the new system will still be on the referral list when you buy the account. 

 


Edited by Balc0ra, 08 April 2021 - 11:04 AM.


NekoPuffer_PPP #12 Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:04 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 39120 battles
  • 6,598
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Post_LongRangeSniper_, on 08 April 2021 - 10:54 AM, said:

Yeah, they bot/grind to tier X then pop the account on a well known auction site for $20.

 

I've never understood why WG don't seem to be able to stop bot programmes in game?

 

Would you like to have to complete a "are you human" captcha every single time you login? :trollface:

 

I wonder why they don't frequently look through the sites which sell these accounts...can't they just ask them to be removed? Why is it not illegal to sell accounts on such sites?

 

So many questions left unanswered...



Balc0ra #13 Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:10 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 82853 battles
  • 26,486
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 08 April 2021 - 11:04 AM, said:

 

Would you like to have to complete a "are you human" captcha every single time you login? :trollface:

 

I wonder why they don't frequently look through the sites which sell these accounts...can't they just ask them to be removed? Why is it not illegal to sell accounts on such sites?

 

So many questions left unanswered...

 

It's in the EULA with regards to account sales etc. So some have been banned for doing just that on eBay ofc. But WG did point out long ago why they don't focus on sites dedicated to just that or even cheat sites. And their reason for it was a legal aspect and the amount of work a legal team needs to do to shut down sites like that. As it takes so long to close one, that by then 4 more has appeared. 



_LongRangeSniper_ #14 Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:13 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 43982 battles
  • 12,480
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 08 April 2021 - 10:04 AM, said:

 

Would you like to have to complete a "are you human" captcha every single time you login? :trollface:

 

Unfortunately we know that there really are players out there with 41% winrates like that botted account. But that idea isn't too far fetched. How hard would it be for WG to put something like a captcha in the game after a certain criteria is met. Many of these accounts have <10% hits for shots fired. My guess is that it just isn't worth the hassle for WG. 

 


24doom24 #15 Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:21 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 10277 battles
  • 2,954
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012
ran into an excelsior platoon myself a few years ago. these people have nothing else going for them.

_LongRangeSniper_ #16 Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:43 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 43982 battles
  • 12,480
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

On reflection it probably is impossible to spot a bot programme working. Just ventured out for two games, and there were some truly abysmal players.

 

This guy has 23k games, and I watched him play and react to the enemy. Not a bot programme, but frankly, how could you decide if you were comparing stats to those Excelsior guys?

 



mpf1959 #17 Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:43 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 45068 battles
  • 4,633
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017

Excelsior bots

 

I was one, but no longer as I sold the Excelsior.



Miller1973 #18 Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:14 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18928 battles
  • 225
  • Member since:
    08-18-2016
Seen plenty of them, usually in late night/early morning games. It's the only tank I've managed to 3 mark, so thats says it all really.

Bordhaw #19 Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:48 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 17770 battles
  • 6,723
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostBalc0ra, on 08 April 2021 - 10:10 AM, said:

 

It's in the EULA with regards to account sales etc. So some have been banned for doing just that on eBay ofc. But WG did point out long ago why they don't focus on sites dedicated to just that or even cheat sites. And their reason for it was a legal aspect and the amount of work a legal team needs to do to shut down sites like that. As it takes so long to close one, that by then 4 more has appeared. 


A dubious claim. 

I've had sites taken offline within hours and I'm not "a legal department". 

 



bean57 #20 Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:11 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 19597 battles
  • 2,971
  • Member since:
    12-19-2012
Check out the first battle in Jingles' latest vid and you can see it in action.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users