XVM help bug

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Shadow0013 #1 Posted 18 April 2021 - 04:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10063 battles

Hello there,

I have installed XVM today, since I remembered it adds a clock ingame, and now I am trying to get rid of the minimap, and hitlog, the damage log, the players panel, and over the top vehicle marker changes that comes with XVM, and the obnoxios text in the middle of the hangar saying the winrate of that tank.

I only want to use the clock, hangar stat displays on vehicles, and maybe auto login to EU1. Absolutely nothing more. Everything else should remain default, as it comes with WoT.

I would like to ask, how can I do that? Because when I modify the necessary files, meaning I put on "enabled": false, on every function that I didn't want, and failed to effectively modify ANYTHING ingame, then I tried just deleting the not necessary components in the master config file, but that still failed, because literally nothing has changed, then I just literally deleted the python files, but that ofc fails.

It's as if it's loading a default setting when I delete stuff from there.

When I modified the file, then again, absolutely nothing changed, no matter what I changed.

I would love it if someone could help me with this issue. Until then, XVM is completely deleted from my game, because I cannot play with this shitty minimap, damage log, and forever lasting 6th sense that comes with XVM.

Just as a why not, I uploaded the current status of my XVM settings folder here, so someone that has XP in XVM could maybe debug why this crapdoesn't react to ANY changes I make.

Thank you in advance. I am really frustrated now at this piece of crap, just an FYI :D

Edited by Shadow0013, 18 April 2021 - 05:19 PM.

RaJCeL #2 Posted 18 April 2021 - 05:36 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 29570 battles
  • [W4YR] W4YR

First of all you are missing config files. According to xvm.log:

Block Quote

JSONxLoaderException: File not found: res_mods\configs\xvm\Shadow\minimapAlt.xc

Bring back config, python and every other files that you have deleted and check if config changes started to be taken into account. Then one by one disable functions.

PS For me installing XVM for given 3 functions is like buying a sports car to drive to closest grocery store.

Edited by RaJCeL, 18 April 2021 - 05:48 PM.

Shadow0013 #3 Posted 18 April 2021 - 05:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10063 battles

I have done that. Nothing changes. 

No matter what I do.

RaJCeL #4 Posted 18 April 2021 - 05:50 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 29570 battles
  • [W4YR] W4YR

View PostShadow0013, on 18 April 2021 - 05:47 PM, said:

I have done that. Nothing changes. 

No matter what I do.

Then zip for me yours mods and res_mods folder for better analysis.

16:59 Added after 9 minute

I have restored missing config files on my side then xvm.log says:

Block Quote

JSONxLoaderException: PAIR: <pair> expected, got "}" at 45:3 in "res_mods\configs\xvm\Shadow\hangar.xc"

so in line 44 you have "}," - remove the coma, then we go next :)

17:01 Added after 11 minute
After that change I see no errors in xvm.log and I think changes are applied. Please verify on your end and let me know.

Edited by RaJCeL, 18 April 2021 - 06:01 PM.

Shadow0013 #5 Posted 18 April 2021 - 06:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10063 battles

Alright, I've attached it to this reply.

But it's literally what I downloaded today from XVM website, and the stuff I uploaded in original post.

And thanks for helping me. :)

17:09 Added after 6 minute
Well I removed that comma from the hangar.xc, nothing has changed still.

RaJCeL #6 Posted 18 April 2021 - 06:12 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 29570 battles
  • [W4YR] W4YR

View PostShadow0013, on 18 April 2021 - 06:02 PM, said:

Alright, I've attached it to this reply.

But it's literally what I downloaded today from XVM website, and the stuff I uploaded in original post.

And thanks for helping me. :)

17:09 Added after 6 minute
Well I removed that comma from the hangar.xc, nothing has changed still.

Have you brought back missing config files? From the zip I see you didn't.

Shadow0013 #7 Posted 18 April 2021 - 06:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10063 battles

I reinstalled it from the ZIP file what I downloaded today from the official XVM website. This was the whole package I got. And I hope what's on the website currently, is not mettled with by default.

So what other missing files?

I've attached what I downloaded (and what's currently on the website) here.

Edited by Shadow0013, 18 April 2021 - 06:22 PM.

RaJCeL #8 Posted 18 April 2021 - 06:22 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 29570 battles
  • [W4YR] W4YR

View PostShadow0013, on 18 April 2021 - 06:14 PM, said:

I reinstalled it from the ZIP file what I downloaded today from the official XVM website. This was the whole package I got. And I hope what's on the website currently, is not mettled with by default.

So what other missing files?

I've attached it here.

In xvm/default you have 47 files. In your Shadow folder you have 40 files. Bring back 7 missing files to Shadow folder and test after removing redundant coma.

Shadow0013 #9 Posted 18 April 2021 - 08:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10063 battles

Oh alright, now seems like things have changed finally, something happened.

So as it turns out, its not enough to delete the calling of a function in the file that calls the function, but one musnt even delete ANYTHING that calls a function, cuz the program stops working... Gosh I thought the program would be more robust than this... But apparently it just goes down a list it must do...

So now to the interesting part: I have created some screenshots, on which I still want to make multiple changes. How can I do these changes?

• On the Hangar picture:
    • The clock is being partially covered up by the price reduction on converting to free XP. How can I move it just slightly down? Cuz I didnt see a Y offset variable for this.
    • The clock is really faint, again, there is no alpha value for this.
    • Under the missions, there is an obnoxious winrate for the tank displayed. How can I delete that completely? If I want that info, I just go into my personal stats.
    • The text on the tank icons for "Crew not fully loaded", is cut off from the size of the box. Where can I edit this so that it would say what the original WoT translation says?
  • On the PlayerPanelTab picture:
    • There is a column left empty before (left side) or after (right side) that I don't know how to get rid of, which came with XVM. I have deleted the values of playerPanels.xc/"ExtraFieldsLeft" and "ExtraFieldsRight", yet the column itself is still there. How can I remove it?
  • On the PlayerPanel picture:
    • On the players list, you can also see there is an extra empty column, because it's space for 2 columns, and the other is the ranked battles symbol for the player, and there is 1 empty. 
      Also, it doesn't actually display the ranked battles badges, 
    • On the minimap, I made up my mind and I wanna see the map size in the corner of it. How do I enable just that? Cuz in the minimapMapSize.xc file, I put it on enable: true, but it's not there.
  • In the login menu, even though I have it set up to auto log in to EU1, the menu where u have to click the big red Join button still appears, and it doesn't auto connect. How do I fix this?

I upload all the settings I currently have, and I would love it if you could answer these issues I have collected into bulletpoints. :)

Once again, thank you for your time :)

Attached Files

• Attached File   WoT_Hangar.PNG   4.45MB
  • Attached File   WoT_PlayersPanelTab.PNG   1.98MB
  • Attached File   WoT_PlayersPanel.PNG   4.39MB

RaJCeL #10 Posted 19 April 2021 - 07:37 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 29570 battles
  • [W4YR] W4YR

View PostShadow0013, on 18 April 2021 - 08:13 PM, said:

(...)

• On the Hangar picture:
    • The clock is being partially covered up by the price reduction on converting to free XP. How can I move it just slightly down? Cuz I didnt see a Y offset variable for this.
    • The clock is really faint, again, there is no alpha value for this.
    • Clock settings: widgetsTemplates.xc : "clock"
    • Under the missions, there is an obnoxious winrate for the tank displayed. How can I delete that completely? If I want that info, I just go into my personal stats.
    • widgetsTemplates.xc : "statistics" : "enabled": false,
    • The text on the tank icons for "Crew not fully loaded", is cut off from the size of the box. Where can I edit this so that it would say what the original WoT translation says?
  • On the PlayerPanelTab picture:
    • There is a column left empty before (left side) or after (right side) that I don't know how to get rid of, which came with XVM. I have deleted the values of playerPanels.xc/"ExtraFieldsLeft" and "ExtraFieldsRight", yet the column itself is still there. How can I remove it?
    • change respective lines in  statisticForm.xc  to:
    • "formatLeftNick": "{{name%.{{anonym?13|15}}s~..}}{{anonym? <font face='xvm' size='13'><b>&#x11E;</b></font>}} <font alpha='#A0'>{{clan}}</font>",
    • "formatRightNick": "<font alpha='#A0'>{{clan}}</font> {{name%.15s~..}}",
    • "formatLeftVehicle": "{{vehicle}}",
    • "formatRightVehicle": "{{vehicle}}",
  • On the PlayerPanel picture:
    • On the players list, you can also see there is an extra empty column, because it's space for 2 columns, and the other is the ranked battles symbol for the player, and there is 1 empty. 
      Also, it doesn't actually display the ranked battles badges, 
    • On the minimap, I made up my mind and I wanna see the map size in the corner of it. How do I enable just that? Cuz in the minimapMapSize.xc file, I put it on enable: true, but it's not there.
    • To make this work you need to enable whole XVM minimap: minimap.xc : "minimap" : "enabled" : true
  • In the login menu, even though I have it set up to auto log in to EU1, the menu where u have to click the big red Join button still appears, and it doesn't auto connect. How do I fix this?

(...)

My comments above in blue.

Shadow0013 #11 Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10063 battles

In terms of the clock and stats in the middle of the screen:
I tried changing the X Y values, I tried changing the align and valign to anything else (example being center and top, the clock doesn't move a millimeter in any direction.

And in terms of the stats, i have it enabled: false, absolutely is still there, exactly the same as it was before.

And u don't know where I can find the XVM translation for the crew not fully loaded? 

RaJCeL #12 Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:44 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 29570 battles
  • [W4YR] W4YR

View PostShadow0013, on 19 April 2021 - 08:41 AM, said:

In terms of the clock and stats in the middle of the screen:
I tried changing the X Y values, I tried changing the align and valign to anything else (example being center and top, the clock doesn't move a millimeter in any direction.

And in terms of the stats, i have it enabled: false, absolutely is still there, exactly the same as it was before.

And u don't know where I can find the XVM translation for the crew not fully loaded? 

res_mods\mods\shared_resources\xvm\l10n\hu.xc in your case. I will check the clock and stats on my end.

07:52 Added after 7 minute

For the clock ans stats panel you are missing references in hangar.xc

Block Quote

"carousel": ${"carousel.xc":"carousel"},
    "widgets": ${"widgets.xc":"widgets.lobby"}

Shadow0013 #13 Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10063 battles

Oh about the translation part: That is not a translation issue. The main game says the same, however, there is a break in line after the word nem (not in english), so that it fits in the box.

I'm guessing XVM changes the size of the box for each tank in the menu? I've attached a screenshot for a comparison.

Any idea how to fix this? :D Or it's an under the hood issue?

Attached Files

• Attached File   WoT_CrewNotLoaded.PNG   63.61K

RaJCeL #14 Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:15 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 29570 battles
  • [W4YR] W4YR

View PostShadow0013, on 19 April 2021 - 09:03 AM, said:

Oh about the translation part: That is not a translation issue. The main game says the same, however, there is a break in line after the word nem (not in english), so that it fits in the box.

I'm guessing XVM changes the size of the box for each tank in the menu? I've attached a screenshot for a comparison.

Any idea how to fix this? :D Or it's an under the hood issue?

Try this: carouselNormal.xc : "normal" : "fields" : "info" and "infoImg" and "infoBuy" : "dx".

You can move them to the left or instead of that change "scale".

But first you need to fix references in hangar.xc to make it working.

Edited by RaJCeL, 19 April 2021 - 09:17 AM.

Shadow0013 #15 Posted 19 April 2021 - 07:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10063 battles

Alright, I was able to hack it together, because some parts of the "carousel" (gosh why did the dev of XVM name the spaces of the tanks carousel....) is not scalable, I had to just downscale that text and icon, and now it fits, it's just super small and hard to read, and it's far from an optimal, user friendly way of setup, because if I go and display it on a diffeernt sized monitor, everything will be messed up, and will have to redo the entire thing.

Thanks for helping me my polish brother :)

Edited by Shadow0013, 20 April 2021 - 02:21 AM.

wobblybob #16 Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 83378 battles
  • [TNAC] TNAC
Download Aslains modpack.  Set up whatever mods, XVM config you want. Select option that gives a clean install. Its by far the easiest way to sort it out.

Shadow0013 #17 Posted 19 April 2021 - 10:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10063 battles

I have done that once, a whatever config is set up with junk I either don't want, or don't know what it means, and it's more work to undo all that crap than doing it myself. i want it personalised. That's the whole point of XVM.

Otherwise thanks mate :)

Edited by Shadow0013, 20 April 2021 - 01:07 AM.

Shadow0013 #18 Posted 20 April 2021 - 10:12 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10063 battles

Sorry for bothering you my man :)

One question, as a plus 1, if you allow me: How do I get rid of all the XVM sounds? I like the original sounds, I have them ingrained in my brain, but when I comment out every line in the sounds.xc -> soundMapping object, the xvm audio (the 2 short bip bip sounds) still plays in place of the original long beeeep 6th sense audio.

EDIT: OMG figured it out. Whoever programmed it such that by default the original sounds are disabled, and then never mentioned how to turn them back on in a comment in the file, should be shot in the head.

Edited by Shadow0013, 20 April 2021 - 10:32 AM.

Shadow0013 #19 Posted 21 April 2021 - 01:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10063 battles

RaJCeL, in the 1.12.1 XVM build, the carousel info bug, where it went outside of the box, has been fixed as it seems, now the line break is working properly.

Did our conversation have something to do with it? :P

RaJCeL #20 Posted 21 April 2021 - 01:55 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 29570 battles
  • [W4YR] W4YR

View PostShadow0013, on 21 April 2021 - 01:33 PM, said:

RaJCeL, in the 1.12.1 XVM build, the carousel info bug, where it went outside of the box, has been fixed as it seems, now the line break is working properly.

Did our conversation have something to do with it? :P

I see some commits on XVM repo about that on 18, 20 and 28 of March, so... no it was fixed before this topic.

Edited by RaJCeL, 21 April 2021 - 01:56 PM.

Also tagged with XVM, help, bug

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users