XP rewards in WOT and its mysteries

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Warenwolf #1 Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10817 battles
I just become stuck on a map and couldn't do anything.

This is reward for the battle (premium account):
Battle: El Halluf 14. januar 2012 13:48:29
Vehicle: Type 59
Experience received: 1 341 (x3 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 25 042
Without premium I would have received 894 xp or 298 xp without 3x modifier.

Now the xp received is obviously crap - but I have been in battles where I did much more than being stuck to a mountain and still received much less xp.

Battle replay has been linked to below:

http://hotfile.com/d....wotreplay.html

For those of you who do not feel watching it: I become stuck on mountain on the map El Hallouf after taking a peak to see if there was any scouts in the valley. For the remainder of battle nothing happens of note.

Torsoise #2 Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 14295 battles

View PostWarenwolf, on 14 January 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

Now the xp received is obviously crap - but I have been in battles where I did much more than being stuck to a mountain and still received much less xp.

There is also soemthing called "shared xp"! You will get more shared xp when your team kills all enemy tanks or when you play with lowtier in hightier battle!

Warenwolf #3 Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10817 battles

View PostTorsoise, on 14 January 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

There is also soemthing called "shared xp"! You will get more shared xp when your team kills all enemy tanks or when you play with lowtier in hightier battle!

Obviously - however if almost 50 % of your xp comes from shared xp pool - well, with the teams one ends up in random...

IMHO I should have received under 100 xp for doing nothing in a battle. Let the player be rewarded for the effort and not for the "leaching of xp" from his fellow players.

PanzerRage2 #4 Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
Nope, they should first solve retarded things like getting stuck and at least this small problem would be gone.

TheEnds #5 Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7412 battles
Do Not Question The XP System!

It Knows! It Knows All! It's numbers tell of all things under earth! You must not doubt! Oh no oh nonononono...

It was here before you came and it will remain long after the sum of our lives reaches zero.

In my dreams I see it! Hiding and plain as day! Multiplying in the shadows and burning with all the strength in the sun, all the subtlety of the moon!

I help it, betimes, when my withered body is not wracked by hunger or thirst that I may plead with the numbers for rest. I care for them. I carry them and count them.
They... they are my friends.
But they run around my head and divide out of my eyes before I can catch them... THE NUMBERS CANNOT BE CAUGHT THE NUMBERS DON'T WANT TO BE CAUGHT THEY KNOW THEY KNOW THEY KNOW THEY...

Ah. Sorry. Where was I?

Infinite crooked numbers... stretching to infinity... hiding in the skull-strewn halls of improbability with only the skeletons of my forebears for signposts.

Hah! They said that lifting the veil of the XP system was a fool's errand, that no man could understand.

Well, I have lifted the veil! I have taken her sweet numbers to bed and spend untold nights locked in their embrace!

And they say I am mad!

The numbers make me sane! They give me vision! They give me clarity... they... give... me... light!

tramazi #6 Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 23491 battles
  • [TAC] TAC
Know what you mean OP. It all points to completly out of control random expo/credits. and with the way the coding works and the explanations ("Randomisation is part of tankwarfare") we can never prove what works and what doesnt imo

Knobster #7 Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5375 battles
  • [UHF] UHF

View PostWarenwolf, on 14 January 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

[...]

For those of you who do not feel watching it: I become stuck on mountain on the map El Hallouf after taking a peak to see if there was any scouts in the valley. For the remainder of battle nothing happens of note.
did you actually spot anything? spotting gives xp, but more importantly, teammates damaging enemies you have spotted will give you xp aswell.

if this was not the case then something is really wrong indeed

popuptoaster #8 Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17880 battles

View PostWarenwolf, on 14 January 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

Obviously - however if almost 50 % of your xp comes from shared xp pool - well with teams one end up in random...

IMHO I should have received under 100 xp for doing nothing in a battle. Let the player be rewarded for the effort and not for the "leaching of xp" from his fellow players.

rubbish, soemtimes doing nothing is required, I have held up an entire flank attack just by being parked behind a rock in my T95 without even being able to fire a shot, are you saying i deserve nothing for tying up 4 or 5 tanks for long enough for my guys to get behind them, or finish capping?

TankkiPoju #9 Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postpopuptoaster, on 14 January 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

rubbish, soemtimes doing nothing is required, I have held up an entire flank attack just by being parked behind a rock in my T95 without even being able to fire a shot, are you saying i deserve nothing for tying up 4 or 5 tanks for long enough for my guys to get behind them, or finish capping?

I have also won where entire team went lemmings on one flank, and I held the other flank by myself - by just hiding behind a rock. I didn't hit anything, and got a very low XP, but it worked... The enemy just stopped on my flank.

Of course it's a nice bonus, when my team mates called me a camper... just before we won by cap.

Warenwolf #10 Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10817 battles

View Postpopuptoaster, on 14 January 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

You extrapolate much out of thin air. In current system hiding in a bush in a sector enemy never visits is equivalent to you holding a flank alone. Does this system (AFK = good defense) seem fair to you?

View PostKnobster, on 14 January 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

did you actually spot anything? spotting gives xp, but more importantly, teammates damaging enemies you have spotted will give you xp aswell.

if this was not the case then something is really wrong indeed

Hell, no. I saw nothing. I was stuck in a way which prevented me to see anything.

rumcajsek #11 Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10828 battles
  • [READ] READ
Oh yeah, I'm sure, you obviously deserve 25k more, than I deserved that 24k here: http://img51.imagesh...08/shot147s.jpg
That's riddiculous...

Ed: obviously, that post is not attempt to insult you or say something like "OMFG WTF HAXX CHEATERZ!!!!111". All insults go to WG and their dumb systems.

popuptoaster #12 Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17880 battles

View PostWarenwolf, on 14 January 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

Does this system (AFK = good defense) seem fair to you?

maybe not, but i'd rather give XP to someone who is AFK, than NOT give it to someone who is playing but never needs to shoot anything.

Those TDs that stay in base while you win the match may not have to shoot or spot anything, but the games where a flank falls and they save the base should not be the only time they get XP or they simply wont stay and defend it.

Warenwolf #13 Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10817 battles

View Postpopuptoaster, on 14 January 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

maybe not, but i'd rather give XP to someone who is AFK, than NOT give it to someone who is playing but never needs to shoot anything.

Those TDs that stay in base while you win the match may not have to shoot or spot anything, but the games where a flank falls and they save the base should not be the only time they get XP or they simply wont stay and defend it.

Well, I got rather plenty of TD experience (check my stats with various TDs if you believe I am talking BS) and honestly I can count on my fingers how many times a TD defending a base newer saw any action. Furthermore, depending on the map ofc, if you do not move out of your bush when the line of fighting moves on, your TD tactics need adjusting.'

View Postrumcajsek, on 14 January 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

Oh yeah, I'm sure, you obviously deserve 25k more, than I deserved that 24k here: http://img51.imagesh...08/shot147s.jpg
That's riddiculous...

Ed: obviously, that post is not attempt to insult you or say something like "OMFG WTF HAXX CHEATERZ!!!!111". All insults go to WG and their dumb systems.

Regarding CR income - the Type 59 is premium tank which means it has boosted CR income ratio. That and the fact that I am currently running premium account explains the amount of CR.

Still, thats the point I got Type 59 - on non-premium an extremely good battle in a tier 5 tank will get me 1/2 of the  income in a below average battle in Type 59.

crnivuk #14 Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 5509 battles

View PostTorsoise, on 14 January 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

I have no clue if it is true.

But someone once mentioned as well that it matters how close you are to the enemy and what tier they have. Not just the damage. So if you hit them from the other side of the map you will get less XP or something compared to "close" attacks.

Maybe it is to reward attackers more then defenders. No clue.

popuptoaster #15 Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17880 battles
Depends on the TD you drive, a T95 for instance is so slow that unless you join an assault right at the start, you cant catch up with the action if you realise halfway through a match that your not needed in defense.

I have also seen slower heavies trailing along at the back of a fast attack not being able to keep up and shoot anything,  derp KV in a mostly medium tank match is one that comes to mind.

Warenwolf #16 Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10817 battles

View Postpopuptoaster, on 14 January 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

Depends on the TD you drive, a T95 for instance is so slow that unless you join an assault right at the start, you cant catch up with the action if you realise halfway through a match that your not needed in defense.

I have also seen slower heavies trailing along at the back of a fast attack not being able to keep up and shoot anything,  derp KV in a mostly medium tank match is one that comes to mind.

Well, as I said, matches where you don't see any action are extremely rare. Komarin with plenty arty (perhaps swamp too) where nobody dares to move is only possible scenario I can think of. I myself have experienced very few such matches (in 6400+ battles)

TRL #17 Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14951 battles

View PostTheEnds, on 14 January 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

Do Not Question The XP System!

It Knows! It Knows All! It's numbers tell of all things under earth! You must not doubt! Oh no oh nonononono...

It was here before you came and it will remain long after the sum of our lives reaches zero.

In my dreams I see it! Hiding and plain as day! Multiplying in the shadows and burning with all the strength in the sun, all the subtlety of the moon!

I help it, betimes, when my withered body is not wracked by hunger or thirst that I may plead with the numbers for rest. I care for them. I carry them and count them.
They... they are my friends.
But they run around my head and divide out of my eyes before I can catch them... THE NUMBERS CANNOT BE CAUGHT THE NUMBERS DON'T WANT TO BE CAUGHT THEY KNOW THEY KNOW THEY KNOW THEY...

Ah. Sorry. Where was I?

Infinite crooked numbers... stretching to infinity... hiding in the skull-strewn halls of improbability with only the skeletons of my forebears for signposts.

Hah! They said that lifting the veil of the XP system was a fool's errand, that no man could understand.

Well, I have lifted the veil! I have taken her sweet numbers to bed and spend untold nights locked in their embrace!

And they say I am mad!

The numbers make me sane! They give me vision! They give me clarity... they... give... me... light!

You, sir, are wasted here...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users