Dropping connection after each battle

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

filipinomonkey #61 Posted 21 September 2021 - 06:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 50514 battles
Just to confirm that I too still have this same problem and that I have a Virgin Media account. Using a VPN has fixed it, sort of, at the expense of a stuttery game, so not a practical solution. I have some sympathy here for WOT as fixing problems that only affect a small number of people can't be easy, especially where it appears collaberation with Virgin is required.

unhappy__bunny #62 Posted 21 September 2021 - 08:26 PM

Major General

• 23822 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Postfilipinomonkey, on 21 September 2021 - 05:48 PM, said:

Just to confirm that I too still have this same problem and that I have a Virgin Media account. Using a VPN has fixed it, sort of, at the expense of a stuttery game, so not a practical solution. I have some sympathy here for WOT as fixing problems that only affect a small number of people can't be easy, especially where it appears collaberation with Virgin is required.

It is not necessarily VM problem, as I am with VM and have no issues. It could be somewhere along the route that your data goes but mine doesn't. Of course it could be just about anything which is why it is so hard to diagnose.

AmphetamineLogic #63 Posted 21 September 2021 - 09:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14002 battles

View Postfilipinomonkey, on 21 September 2021 - 05:48 PM, said:

I would suspect that it's not actually a UK VM router. Where it gets tricky is that Liberty Telecom and Telefonica across Europe are effectively Virgin Media. And so is O2. At least as far as their networks are concerned. And we'll all know about Vodafone's dodgy Budapest to Frankfurt connection! Peer-to-peer arrangements make troubleshooting international TCP/IP or UDP connections difficult to point the finger. However, your contract is with your local ISP. They are the people taking your money, and are ultimately responsible. 

There is no actual reason why a VPN should create a significant lag. I've just run up my VPN and tried a few different counties and got the following average ping times to the Dutch EU1 server

Direct 12ms.

Spain 69ms

France 25ms

Netherlands 16ms

Belgium 13ms 

Germany 29ms

UK 20ms

bean57 #64 Posted 13 October 2021 - 06:43 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22584 battles
Ok WG I surrender.  I've come to the conclusion the problem is never going to be fixed so I'm going to try a VPN.  No other games appeal to me, I need my WoT fix!  Any recommendations?  A casual search suggests that Nord are the biggest, and their subscription rate seems pretty reasonable.  Any particular reason why I'd be better off looking elsewhere?

FASTMUCHLY #65 Posted 13 October 2021 - 09:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7189 battles

I to am on a virgin media account and have tried everything WG tech support are blaming the isp . But i have reported it to them they said they would run fixes and nothing still the same . 

I have attached a file to show lost packets happening .You can see the i.p address on hop 2 and 3 where the packets are missing with the red lines . 

20:05 Added after 3 minute
Sorry file attached . 

Attached Files

• Attached File   lost packets.jpg   141.55K

previt_iron #66 Posted Yesterday, 11:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7154 battles
  • [RGDCZ] RGDCZ
hello, i have same problem, if I win battle or if i stay to end of battle, the game disconnet me from servet, but if ive leave to garage, i dont have problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users