Recon Mission: Explore New Maps and Earn Rewards!

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 01 July 2021 - 02:00 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
A new experimental mode is coming to World of Tanks.

The full text of the news item

Zoxyn #2 Posted 01 July 2021 - 02:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4698 battles
The rewards are nice

reesku #3 Posted 01 July 2021 - 02:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21700 battles
Event starting on 5th of July gets its own article with detailed description on 1st of July. Event that started today in the morning still no info... and in order to participate you have to activate it via the external website. :facepalm:

hennyjr #4 Posted 01 July 2021 - 02:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26493 battles
  • [B-2-K] B-2-K

it seems a nice mode to test out some new maps, will do it for sure.

I only have one question regarding the survey.

on the last sandbox test server survey the next things were really annoying in my opinion

1.  A very small window to type feedback while the majority of the surveypage wasnt even used. it was only possible to see 3 sentences. why not make it so you see a lot more sentences. 10 for example, that makes it a lot easier to type a decent amount of feedback instead of having to scroll through all your feedback with only 3 sentences visible.
  2. make it so we can also give feedback if we like a change instead of only when we dislike something.
  3. make it so we can go back an forth in the questions and that we can see what kind of question is going to be asked at a later moment. now you never know what kind of question comes so if you want to be sure as a player that you can leave your feedback about something you dont like, you put everything in the first moment you can give your feedback.

these things should actually already be mandatory for any decent survey. the fact that it isn't done in the survey currently suggest already some things to me about the quality of the survey.

arjun69 #5 Posted 01 July 2021 - 02:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 114875 battles
  • [ARJ] ARJ

quality of the customer relations department of wg is realy subpar to non existing.

yes, i am talking to you there snoring in a corner, oh, you crapped your pants while "working" while full of wodka.

congratulations to AGAIN posting a link to nowhere......Error 404....

IT woke up....

Edited by arjun69, 01 July 2021 - 02:27 PM.

Dwigt #6 Posted 01 July 2021 - 02:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • 2472 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postreesku, on 01 July 2021 - 02:24 PM, said:

Event starting on 5th of July gets its own article with detailed description on 1st of July. Event that started today in the morning still no info... and in order to participate you have to activate it via the external website. :facepalm:

The Highway Rock event will get its dedicated article very soon. The process was and is still the same, those events are usually tracked and run on external pages. 

Now, are you excited about the new recon mode and trying new maps?

View PostZoxyn, on 01 July 2021 - 02:08 PM, said:

The rewards are nice

Happy to hear that, but remember this mode is more about the feedback and picking your next map :)

View Posthennyjr, on 01 July 2021 - 02:25 PM, said:

it seems a nice mode to test out some new maps, will do it for sure.

I only have one question regarding the survey.

on the last sandbox test server survey the next things were really annoying in my opinion

1.  A very small window to type feedback while the majority of the surveypage wasnt even used. it was only possible to see 3 sentences. why not make it so you see a lot more sentences. 10 for example, that makes it a lot easier to type a decent amount of feedback instead of having to scroll through all your feedback with only 3 sentences visible.
  2. make it so we can also give feedback if we like a change instead of only when we dislike something.
  3. make it so we can go back an forth in the questions and that we can see what kind of question is going to be asked at a later moment. now you never know what kind of question comes so if you want to be sure as a player that you can leave your feedback about something you dont like, you put everything in the first moment you can give your feedback.

these things should actually already be mandatory for any decent survey. the fact that it isn't done in the survey currently suggest already some things to me about the quality of the survey.

Thank you for those suggestion hennyjr, will forward them to the right persons but you should keep in mind that those surveys are sent to thousands of players. Our team behind the survey will still need to go through them and sort them, maybe that's why you feel limited in your answers. 

View Postarjun69, on 01 July 2021 - 02:25 PM, said:

quality of the customer relations department of wg is realy subpar to non existing.

yes, i am talking to you there snoring in a corner, oh, you crapped your pants while "working" while full of wodka.

congratulations to AGAIN posting a link to nowhere......Error 404....

IT woke up....

Links on the forums are most of the times automatically generated and would require to be changed manually sometimes. 

We fixed it but the article was already published on our article. 

Misago #7 Posted 01 July 2021 - 02:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23952 battles
And here I thought this was finally an opportunity to load a tank into a map solo to explore it and test the tank.

nieriusas_LTU #8 Posted 01 July 2021 - 02:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2329 battles
  • [KALSA] KALSA

Too bad you can't test the new maps with lower tiers (for example with tier 6-7 vehicles) as well...

That's a bit disappointing...

Shivva #9 Posted 01 July 2021 - 02:46 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32758 battles
  • [BULL] BULL
Looking forward to this, new shinies always good.

Edited by Shivva, 01 July 2021 - 02:46 PM.

Ready_BiH #10 Posted 01 July 2021 - 02:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 43164 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S
Are those battles counts in stats (xvm)?

kejmo #11 Posted 01 July 2021 - 02:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48841 battles

View PostReady_BiH, on 01 July 2021 - 01:53 PM, said:

Are those battles counts in stats (xvm)?

Yes.

Whatever the soviet reason behind it.

mjs_89 #12 Posted 01 July 2021 - 03:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15432 battles
  • [CITTY] CITTY

Finally a way to guarantee bottom tier for all tier 8 premiums!

:trollface:

On a serious note, I'm really excited for this. New maps are always very nice to try out and the rewards are pretty good. A bit strange that we can't do tour of duty missions in recon battles, but thats whatever...

Definitely looking forward to this.

Btw, how many of the 9 maps will make it to the random queue after testing is done?

reesku #13 Posted 01 July 2021 - 03:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21700 battles

View PostDwigt, on 01 July 2021 - 02:40 PM, said:

The Highway Rock event will get its dedicated article very soon. The process was and is still the same, those events are usually tracked and run on external pages. 

Now, are you excited about the new recon mode and trying new maps?

Yes I understand that, but my problem is with the timing, as far as I understand the event started already in the morning, and I checked EU website few times in the morning before I started playing, there was nothing till 15 minutes ago. And to participate in the event I had to activate it via external website which I found accidentally through the forum, after already playing over 20 games... I missed the event last year so I have no idea how it works and the article is published so late.

Regarding recon mode I wouldn't say I'm excited, I think it's definitely good idea to test them separately and ask community for feedback (assuming that our feedback will matter, and with that I'm not so sure anymore). But to be honest rather than getting new maps I'd prefer to remove some bad ones, delete them and rework the ones which can be saved, I hate like 75% of the maps from the current pool. Please increase the amount of maps which we can exclude from 2 for premium players to like 20.

TijgernootTank #14 Posted 01 July 2021 - 04:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 64680 battles
  • [FLIPD] FLIPD

New content is not so much a new tech tree line or a new premium tank .

Its new maps .

So this is good .

Need keep on introduce new maps , we can only hope somehow the quality will improve ,  then just start remove the most blocked maps .

Every now and then there could be some event where one of the removed maps can be voted back in .

I always liked the idea of some kind of map contest for the community , where some of the best would get chosen to be implemented in the game by WG .

Zoggo_ #15 Posted 01 July 2021 - 05:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38180 battles
  • [ZOGGO] ZOGGO

"you’ll be able to vote for the map you like the most and the least in each Stage."

Then WG will choose the map where battles last the shortest not the one the players like.

Remember 75% of the players will love it.

Too cynical?

WarlockOPain #16 Posted 01 July 2021 - 06:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 39276 battles
  • [L4MP] L4MP
Wheter this game mod replace Frontline and there is not point in waiting FL?

cheeki_breeki_ #17 Posted 01 July 2021 - 08:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10860 battles
looks geh

Tank_man1 #18 Posted 01 July 2021 - 08:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3993 battles
To match these to the previous Supertest articles it looks like Outpost is Last Frontier, Far East is Dalny and Airshipyard is Graf Zeppelin

13685 #19 Posted 01 July 2021 - 08:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 40540 battles

So many new maps is very cool. :)

One (slightly) off-topic question though: it says in the article that the new recon mode will count towards random battle stats/winrate/etc., even though it's a completely separate queue - but as far as I'm aware, the 30v30 grand battle games, despite being available as an option in the regular random queue, don't count towards regular random battle stats?

I've always thought that's a bit odd (it's actually the only reason I have the grand battle mode disabled, since I like my wins/losses to count for something!) given that the other two optional game modes count as usual (despite having completely different win conditions), but it seems especially odd that a completely different game mode with a separate queue now does count.

(And yes, there's a certain logic to saying that a player's effect on a 30v30 game isn't directly comparable to their effect on a 15v15 game, which is true - but playing at odd times of the day when there aren't many players online sometimes produces 7v7 games or other lineups with fewer than 15 players per side, and those do seem to count, so...)

Honestly, I'd love to get an answer to that. I'd pretty quickly turn grand battles on if that was changed.

Anyway, back on-topic... New maps. Yay. Good stuff. ;)

Ze_Uber_Derper #20 Posted 01 July 2021 - 10:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29177 battles
  • [EU-UN] EU-UN

View PostZoggo_, on 01 July 2021 - 05:08 PM, said:

"you’ll be able to vote for the map you like the most and the least in each Stage."

Then WG will choose the map where battles last the shortest not the one the players like.

Remember 75% of the players will love it.

Too cynical?

Spot on.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users