Join the WoT7 Finals Live Stream With Twitch Drop Rewards

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 20 July 2021 - 10:00 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Tune in to the World of Tanks 7v7 tournament finals. Enjoy fierce battles, listen to expert commentary, and earn Twitch Drops!

The full text of the news item

Truntea #2 Posted 20 July 2021 - 10:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 1546 battles

Did someone say droops! Twitch people will get it.

:P

Simona2k #3 Posted 20 July 2021 - 10:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7736 battles
  • [FOXZA] FOXZA
Nice drop, waiting

TijgernootTank #4 Posted 20 July 2021 - 11:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 64665 battles
  • [FLIPD] FLIPD

A matter of personal taste maybe , but i think 7 vs 7 is just not that intresting to watch .

WG should consider something like Frontlines tournament for clans or grand battle and add new maps for these modes when doing so .

Keyhand #5 Posted 20 July 2021 - 11:59 AM

Lieutenant General

• WG Staff
  • 69366 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostTijgernootTank, on 20 July 2021 - 11:01 AM, said:

A matter of personal taste maybe , but i think 7 vs 7 is just not that intresting to watch .

WG should consider something like Frontlines tournament for clans or grand battle and add new maps for these modes when doing so .

That indeed is why we are currently offering three different formats on stream besides the regular tournaments constantly going on:
Steel Hunter CC tournaments - 20 player free for all battle royale in the SH mode
WoT7 - 7v7 No rewardtanks, no EBRs, attack/2 defensive caps (old WGL format)

Clan Rivals - 15v15 no tanklimitations, basically CW without Fog of War

However as of right now, Frontline and/or Grand Battles see no "competitive support" and thinking about it while it might first seem like an interesting idea, the size of said maps on one hand and the system (FL) does not lend itself well to competitive formats in my humble opinion.

guest273 #6 Posted 21 July 2021 - 12:56 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37997 battles
  • [V-TER] V-TER

I'm happy for these teams & players.

I wish good luck to everyone I know from the teams (even though I don't know the full roster of most of the teams).

But man, must it really suck to play WoT 6 hours a day, grind your way to the top and then lose out on any cash prize at all.

View PostKeyhand, on 20 July 2021 - 10:59 AM, said:

That indeed is why we are currently offering three different formats on stream besides the regular tournaments constantly going on:
Steel Hunter CC tournaments - 20 player free for all battle royale in the SH mode
Where only the CC's can play it.

Where's the problem to allow us, the regular plebs to also play it? 

Put those few extra GB for the SH mode on players PC's and let them also play it in this format? Ranked steel hunter. People who finish in top 5 positions get points, people in top 6-10 don't lose points. Filter out the best 500 players on EU or the best 1-5% like this (best not battle spammers), then have them compete in pre-assigned teams with random opponents of the same skill level at some set time - kind of like daily tournament work now. Where the top 5 of each round go to the next Round Of etc. Have 2-3 people casting the final 7 battles? Now you have people checking the stream for the players that destroyed them to see them failing & some viewers because people supporting clan mates ???? Profit?

It makes no sense to watch other people play a steel hunter tournament when you only feel deprived of the ability to play this mode at all yourself.

It's not like we also get "hungry & excited to play the next season of steel hunter" since there is not a trace* of it even happening.

June could have been the last month of steel hunter for all we know.

Just my 2 cents about it.

WoT7 - 7v7 No rewardtanks, no EBRs, attack/2 defensive caps (old WGL format)

Clan Rivals - 15v15 no tanklimitations, basically CW without Fog of War

However as of right now, Frontline and/or Grand Battles see no "competitive support" and thinking about it while it might first seem like an interesting idea, the size of said maps on one hand and the system (FL) does not lend itself well to competitive formats in my humble opinion.

Edited by guest273, 21 July 2021 - 12:57 AM.

Darth_Clicker #7 Posted 21 July 2021 - 08:41 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 72217 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE
The value of the rewards given in order to watch 4 hours of the live stream is hilarious.  It's almost like slave labor...definitely worse than working in an Amazon warehouse.

Shivva #8 Posted 21 July 2021 - 09:10 AM

Major

• Player
  • 32711 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 21 July 2021 - 07:41 AM, said:

The value of the rewards given in order to watch 4 hours of the live stream is hilarious.  It's almost like slave labor...definitely worse than working in an Amazon warehouse.

You're in for a shock when you grow up and go out in the big bad world in search of your first job pal...

Jumping_Turtle #9 Posted 21 July 2021 - 10:09 AM

General

• Player
  • 84424 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostKeyhand, on 20 July 2021 - 11:59 AM, said:

what about those medals we still havent received from the earlier event ?

depeci #10 Posted 22 July 2021 - 03:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10376 battles
  • [FATIH] FATIH
240 minute boring stream watching??? huh. instead of watching boring stream for 240 minute, i walk street then i find money for 1 days premium  XD it's hillarious 

BSHDBCG #11 Posted 26 July 2021 - 12:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8262 battles

View Postdepeci, on 22 July 2021 - 03:28 PM, said:

240 minute boring stream watching??? huh. instead of watching boring stream for 240 minute, i walk street then i find money for 1 days premium  XD it's hillarious 

Or you take that walk with the stream is running and have two days of premium.

torrente94 #12 Posted 27 July 2021 - 01:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11154 battles
  • [BBOYZ] BBOYZ

The WG esport are deadly boring. I only watched it for drops but I guess lot of people just let it run in the background. I don't tell you if I did so or really watched :) .

What WG doesn't want to understand that a sport is interesting if I can follow what is happening. This is why there is only 1 ball in football and not many because otherwise nobody would be able to follow what is happening. This happens exactly during every WG esports, Boring preparation part, few tanks are running and then they start to shoot each other and nobody understands (I'm talking about ordinary viewers) what is happening just oh fantastic.

I have no clue if somebody did something great, good tank handling or something since too many actions happen parallel. I'm not able to follow.

I know easy to say but not easy to find out how this tank esport can be more entertaining. WG should slow down the game so viewers can follow and can understand what is happening.

What I can imagine is something similar to CW in a modified form. Having a large map with smaller sectors like 25-36 sectors bit with different size and different sector prize what the winner takes. The 2 teams have to fight for the sectors but only 1-1 or 2-2 selected tanks by the commander maybe 3-3 for the bigger sectors. This way a viewer can have more joy watching since it would be easier to follow and I would better understand what is happening etc etc

The war would have 3 stages and everybody should have to fight so a player can fight again if everyone else fought already from the team. 1 stage can consist of 5-7-9 sector battles, the last stage would be more. 

The teams would get prizes, special directives, something and they can distribute it after stage 1-2 and it should be shown to the viewers because this can be also interesting how they distribute but of course the stream should be delayed so the opponent can see what and how the other team allocated but they can't modify their allocation anymore

Look, this kind of esport, war for the land and sectors would be very interesting to watch my opinion. The tactic, who is selected to fight, how they distribute the prizes they won from the sectors and also the sector battles (per sector size) 1-1,2-2,3-3 tanks maximum would be very interesting to watch. I would even consider the 3-3, maybe only 1-1 and on bigger map 2-2 would be enough but wg can determine the tank type what the teams have to select per sector.

I repeat myself, but it is only interesting to watch a sport if I can follow and there is one ball on the pitch and not many (who the hack can follow 14 tanks are shooting each other? because I can't).

ok, these were my thoughts, at least I wrote it down but I guess WG is more stubborn then to think about interesting esport...

Edited by torrente94, 27 July 2021 - 01:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users