Your Recap of Global Map: Thunderstorm

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 10 August 2021 - 03:00 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
The latest event on the Global Map has ended. Let’s check the results and crown the winners!

The full text of the news item

King_DaRagingMonke #2 Posted 10 August 2021 - 03:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10501 battles
I am gald i am gonna get 907 gz to the other and got to the top 8k aswell

Gold_doda_ci_skrzydel_ #3 Posted 10 August 2021 - 03:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 47261 battles
  • [R_QR] R_QR
0 bans? Wtf

TijgernootTank #4 Posted 10 August 2021 - 04:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 64808 battles
  • [FLIPD] FLIPD

While mere mortals were hard at work for very minor rewards , its comforting to know the "purple alliance " was able to secure 4 out of the 5 top positions .

How nice !

Very nice !

Must be nice play in some purple alliance and screw the rest !!!

Arturap #5 Posted 10 August 2021 - 04:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 45321 battles
  • [HAPPS] HAPPS
I'm 100% sure that they banned people but they didn't say the number

brzic1901 #6 Posted 10 August 2021 - 04:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 46038 battles
  • [322] 322
Im still hoping they will ban people. I was 8088 and im still at the same place. Leaderboard will be closed on the 12th august, so there is still time for cheaters and boosted accounts to get banned

Simona2k #7 Posted 10 August 2021 - 05:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7983 battles
  • [FOXZA] FOXZA
very interesting

StinkyStonky #8 Posted 10 August 2021 - 05:47 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 48440 battles
  • [DASH] DASH

My most successful campaign ever.

Top 10%.  Who would have thunk it.

Edited by StinkyStonky, 10 August 2021 - 05:49 PM.

Corrupted_Pling #9 Posted 10 August 2021 - 05:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 69536 battles
  • [RDDT_] RDDT_
I miss my arty:(

Inferna_ignis #10 Posted 10 August 2021 - 06:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 41930 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

Doubt i'll participate in CW again under this format. Im no top clan player so opted to play in the lower tier 3. Oh how much fun it was playing tech tree tanks against full teams of T95's and 279e. My hats of to those players that have them and this is no criticism of them because its allowed. But the question I ask is whats the point of competing in this mode if you have no hope at all. This is the total embodiment of seal clubbing. 

Tech tree tanks cant pen these from the front and by the time youve fired twice they have steam rolled you 15-0.  I thought the point of a 3 tier system was to give lower clans a better chance of getting something but all it did was line the pockets of the higher clans with new top tier tanks that swopped into CW reward tanks after the first round.  WG this is really bad for your fan base as this only fuels disgruntlement and drives players away.

Well done though to the top clans that faced opponents in the same tanks and winning however I know know what it would have felt like for the crew of a panzer II meeting a Kv1 for the first time. I know this is a pointless post but WG really don't care. I have even heard Eeekaboo defend it on twitch.

I suspect that I like thousands of others won't venture into this mode again which is a shame and my only advice to others if you don't have reward tanks from CW save your credits and your hair and play something else.

Edited by Inferna_ignis, 10 August 2021 - 06:34 PM.

asi_38 #11 Posted 10 August 2021 - 06:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 57919 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostInferna_ignis, on 10 August 2021 - 05:33 PM, said:

Doubt i'll participate in CW again under this format. Im no top clan player so opted to play in the lower tier 3. Oh how much fun it was playing tech tree tanks against full teams of T95's and 279e. My hats of to those players that have them and this is no criticism of them because its allowed. But the question I ask is whats the point of competing in this mode if you have no hope at all. This is the total embodiment of seal clubbing. 

Tech tree tanks cant pen these from the front and by the time youve fired twice they have steam rolled you 15-0.  I thought the point of a 3 tier system was to give lower clans a better chance of getting something but all it did was line the pockets of the higher clans with new top tier tanks that swopped into CW reward tanks after the first round.  WG this is really bad for your fan base as this only fuels disgruntlement and drives players away.

Well done though to the top clans that faced opponents in the same tanks and winning however I know know what it would have felt like for the crew of a panzer II meeting a Kv1 for the first time. I know this is a pointless post but WG really don't care. I have even heard Eeekaboo defend it on twitch.

I suspect that I like thousands of others won't venture into this mode again which is a shame and my only advice to others if you don't have reward tanks from CW save your credits and your hair and play something else.

I aggrege with you 100%, even though I have 279 and T95. We have faced clans with and without these OP tanks in the battle and 90% of the time who ever had most of them will win, next campaign should be tech tree tanks ONLY like what they did in rank battles its the only way to make it fair and enjoyable.

FF_Hamburger #12 Posted 10 August 2021 - 06:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27867 battles
  • [MLMAN] MLMAN

Hello,
I would like to ask, Will be the Alley of Fame leaderboard updated automatically as WG finds out who cheated and who no or will it be updated on 12th all at once? 
Thanks

Gruff_ #13 Posted 10 August 2021 - 06:55 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28938 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Waits for the but my brother must have dowloaded those mods / was visiting my cousin's house part :popcorn:

ecomars #14 Posted 10 August 2021 - 07:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 40494 battles
  • [L-WAR] L-WAR

Previous Global Map CW (Renaissance), Total number of battles played: 137.892.

Current Global Map CW (Thunderstorm), 63.744, that's a 54% drop. That's how enjoyable WarGaming's "competitive" gaming is or maybe wot overall.

PS There was this stat on previous CW: Tanks that received the most boosters, it was mainly chieftains. It would be interesting to know what people played this time... unless of course it was only chieftains!

Ricky_Rolls #15 Posted 10 August 2021 - 07:08 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 87461 battles
  • [G_ZLY] G_ZLY
Who would rigg a game to win tanks that have been there for 6 years?

Leader1999 #16 Posted 10 August 2021 - 08:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28283 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

First of all, we want to thank everyone in GX for their outstanding effort towards a successful summer campaign. We view this campaign as confirmation of our work of the past months as a victory for the entire purple alliance that was able to secure 4 out of the 5 top positions, also closely working together with N00T that especially in the last campaign days, proved they are a force to be reckoned with.First of all, we want to thank everyone in GX for their outstanding effort towards a successful summer campaign. We view this campaign as confirmation of our work of the past months as a victory for the entire purple alliance that was able to secure 4 out of the 5 top positions, also closely working together with N00T that especially in the last campaign days, proved they are a force to be reckoned with.

Is this against the rules?

3MAJ86 #17 Posted 10 August 2021 - 09:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 59841 battles
  • [BYCKL] BYCKL

View Postecomars, on 10 August 2021 - 07:07 PM, said:

Current Global Map CW (Thunderstorm), 63.744, that's a 54% drop. That's how enjoyable WarGaming's "competitive" gaming is or maybe wot overall.

PS There was this stat on previous CW: Tanks that received the most boosters, it was mainly chieftains. It would be interesting to know what people played this time... unless of course it was only chieftains!

This is summer campaign, and you are comparing with winter one. Of course people are less active during the summer, as a lot of people finally had a chance to go to some vacation after 1.5 years of senseless lockdowns. 

Block Quote

Tech tree tanks cant pen these from the front and by the time youve fired twice they have steam rolled you 15-0. 

Above it is claimed that tech tree tanks can't pen Chieftains and 279e. That is absolutely not correct. Chieftain has ton of weakpoints. Armor layout is similar to super conqueror, chieftain just doesn't have spaced armor, which makes turret sides more vulnerable. 279e is pennable frontally quite easily with any gold shell that has 330pen or more. Go to tanks.gg and check the armor layout of both these tanks, and learn how to pen them. If you don't know how to pen these tanks, it is only your problem, so you are not right to complain. 

My impression was that this campaign didn't bring anything new to the table. There was no new tank, and there was also no chieftain (that everybody desires). To me, the Carro 45t 3D camo didn't look attractive enough to invest my effort into the game this time. I was just filling the battles when necessary so that clan doesn't receive penalties for technical defeats. 

For the next campaign, if there is no new tank, than I have a sort of a dilemma. I wouldn't like to see more chieftains into the game (which is a bit hypocritical i know, since I have one), but on the other hand side, so many people desire one, so if there's nothing new to be offered, maybe a lot of players will simply skip. 

And for the people that desire CW with only tech tree tanks - I completely disagree with this. We busted our butts out, we disregarded our families for so many times x 2 weeks in order to get our reward tanks. What is the point of those, if you can't play them? If they are banned from CW, I doubt I would ever play CW again honestly. It's not that "hurr durr I want to play my ooohh peee tank", it is just that I want to be able to actually use the reward that I earned. I would prefer that chieftain gets nerfed to be honest.

But even if only tech tree tanks are allowed, you would still see the same clans winning, same clans being in top x (100, 200 ...), and same players being below the border for the reward complaining just now on something else - the new excuse will pop up for sure. 

GodTank2 #18 Posted 10 August 2021 - 10:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14893 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View Postecomars, on 10 August 2021 - 09:07 PM, said:

Well no.

Summer campaigns have less participants since its summertime. Also the winter campaign had a new reward tank ( Carro ) , so more people competed to get the new tank.

CocoCondor #19 Posted 10 August 2021 - 10:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5125 battles
  • [MONKZ] MONKZ

View Post3MAJ86, on 10 August 2021 - 09:18 PM, said:

... We busted our butts out, we disregarded our families for so many times x 2 weeks ...

this is something that i cannot wrap my head around:

in order to be somewhat competitive you dont need to be present just for 4+ hours 1-2 days straight, not even 3-4 consecutive days (that is the most i would be willing to sacrifice)

no, you are asked to organize your daily schedule around a freaking game for at least 7 days, and if you're only an average player in an average clan, its for the full duration of the event

it is unhealthy and causes a negative impact in so many areas of your life

but i can also imagine it drives people away from the game for longer periods of time, due to a variety of reasons (overuse, toxicity, post-day-3-clan-drama, helplesness, widening skill/tank gap...)

i get that military-minded people are attracted to this game because of the theme, but do you guys really enjoy this "grind"? the "sacrifice"?

There is no money in this event for WG, so why make it so... opposite of enjoyable and comfortable?

Isnt this the end-game content for which you need multiple tier X vehicles, all fully equipped, with premium consumables and ammo, 4+ skill crews?

players already grinded their butts off for these and paid for some premium time or a premium tank along the way.

why not make CLAN WARS fun... make them enjoyable... easy to join... rewarding... make it a celebration that everyone looks forward to

instead of the current suffering endured purely for a chance at OP reward-tanks

Edited by CocoCondor, 10 August 2021 - 10:36 PM.

Leader1999 #20 Posted 10 August 2021 - 11:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28283 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

If there are 3 Fronts in any Clan Wars, then the Reward tanks should only be used in the higher Fronts.

This would enable the smaller Clans to have a fighting chance at winning battles.

Quote from Wargaming in the news article: : First of all, we want to thank everyone in GX for their outstanding effort towards a successful summer campaign. We view this campaign as confirmation of our work of the past months as a victory for the entire purple alliance that was able to secure 4 out of the 5 top positions, also closely working together with N00T that especially in the last campaign days, proved they are a force to be reckoned with.

This is against the RULES as stated in earlier articles. It is gaming rigging. Will they both be banned?

I think not!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users