blueprint daily mission

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Denton_0451 #1 Posted 11 August 2021 - 02:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29633 battles
  • [NEGEV] NEGEV
I remember when WG introduced the vehicle blueprint drops originally, the rewards were blueprint fragments for random unresearched vehicles regardless of tiers. I can prove this as I still have some random high tier vehicles that have a bunch of blueprint fragments. In the last month or two I've noticed that the random vehicle blueprint fragments that I can earn from daily missions are always for the lowest tier unresearched vehicle for a random branch instead of truly random drops like it was before. Since I haven't touched the Polish lines before, I got the XP cost of all tanks from tier I to tier VI decreased to 0, same with a bunch of low tier arties and tank destroyers that I will probably never use. Am I this unlucky or did WG really nerf these rewards without any announcements?

undutchable80 #2 Posted 11 August 2021 - 02:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20065 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
You are unlucky; I got a couple of TX BPs a few days ago, even though I have multiple tanks in that line left to research. And I used BPs / freexp to research all the T1-4 tanks to avoid exactly the 'problem' you are describing. ;)

SuperOlsson #3 Posted 11 August 2021 - 02:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28177 battles
  • [AAV] AAV
More profitable for WG to bake them into Battle Pass i guess.

snowlywhite #4 Posted 11 August 2021 - 03:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 45388 battles

it seems it was buffed, not nerfed. Silently.

before you could get a lot of BPs of random tanks you already had researched(especially if you had already researched the majority of tanks). BPs which were automatically converted to universal/national fragment.

now(2-3 weeks?) it seems you always get a BP of a tank that's not researched. Managed to unlock over 10 tanks after this change. I.e. - I never got a fragment anymore. Only actual BPs.

p.s. - also, yes, it seems to favour low tiers over higher tiers. Doesn't seem very random. Apparently tries to complete the t7s(I don't think I have anything not researched below that), then t8s and so on.

Edited by snowlywhite, 11 August 2021 - 03:08 PM.

AmphetamineLogic #5 Posted 11 August 2021 - 03:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14085 battles

View Postsnowlywhite, on 11 August 2021 - 02:07 PM, said:

before you could get a lot of BPs of random tanks you already had researched(especially if you had already researched the majority of tanks). BPs which were automatically converted to universal/national fragment.

I think you might be right. I once had over a 100 universal fragments and hardly any national ones. Now, thanks to Battle Pass where I can select the nation, I have lots of national ones for the tech tree I'm after but I'm not getting universal ones.

However, this could all be confirmation bias or the work of random events, or the ebb and flow over time of rewards and I just hadn't noticed it before now.

Miepie #6 Posted 11 August 2021 - 03:36 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8777 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postsnowlywhite, on 11 August 2021 - 03:07 PM, said:

p.s. - also, yes, it seems to favour low tiers over higher tiers. Doesn't seem very random. Apparently tries to complete the t7s(I don't think I have anything not researched below that), then t8s and so on.

I wish my random blueprints worked the same as yours. :unsure:

snowlywhite #7 Posted 11 August 2021 - 03:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 45388 battles

View PostMiepie, on 11 August 2021 - 03:36 PM, said:

I wish my random blueprints worked the same as yours. :unsure:

well, I'm not sure; might be simply that I was very lucky...

but I actually reroll those daily missions till I get bp or free xp ones. In the last 2 weeks I got probably at least 10 bp missions.

So... ~25 bp rolls(some give 2, some give 3). Out of those 25 rolls, not even one was a universal/national fragment. Which results from getting a BP of a tank you already researched. All of them were actual BPs of tanks I wasn't done researching.

odds of 25 rolls randomly resulting in BPs... when the odd for each roll is below 30%(I have over 70% of tanks researched). Guess I have better odds to win at the lottery than getting 25 lucky rolls in a row.

docdutch #8 Posted 11 August 2021 - 04:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23363 battles
  • [CBAIT] CBAIT
mine over the last few weeks have been mainly the lower tiers that I didn't do yet... now on the T7's so yeah keep em coming I have noticed that I'm not getting BP missions as often as I used to get them :(

Dexatroph #9 Posted 11 August 2021 - 04:23 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53665 battles

View PostDenton_0451, on 11 August 2021 - 02:31 PM, said:

I remember when WG introduced the vehicle blueprint drops originally, the rewards were blueprint fragments for random unresearched vehicles regardless of tiers. Am I this unlucky or did WG really nerf these rewards without any announcements?

No, you are not unlucky. 

The Drops have been changed with 1.13 without letting us know in the patch notes. I have noticed that a few weeksa go and found more information about this in the RU community.

Following two changes were applied:

1. You don't receive Universal or National fragments in exchange for blueprint fragements  you already have. The system just gives you blueprint fragements you dont have from now on.

2. You don't receive blueprint fragements randomly over all your tiers anymore, but the system will give you first all the blueprint fragments for the lower tiers and moves up the tech tree that way. Therefore you sometimes end up with like 4-5 fragements for the same tank in just 2 days.

Edited by Dexatroph, 11 August 2021 - 04:24 PM.

Denton_0451 #10 Posted 11 August 2021 - 07:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29633 battles
  • [NEGEV] NEGEV

View Postsnowlywhite, on 11 August 2021 - 03:07 PM, said:

Well I guess it's either a buff or nerf depending on how we look at it. For me it's a nerf, as I preferred getting universal/national fragments that I could use researching Tier IX-X tanks that I was aiming for instead of researching random tanks that are unlikely I will ever play with.

View PostDexatroph, on 11 August 2021 - 04:23 PM, said:

No, you are not unlucky. 

The Drops have been changed with 1.13 without letting us know in the patch notes. I have noticed that a few weeks ago and found more information about this in the RU community.

1. You don't receive Universal or National fragments in exchange for blueprint fragements  you already have. The system just gives you blueprint fragements you dont have from now on.

2. You don't receive blueprint fragements randomly over all your tiers anymore, but the system will give you first all the blueprint fragments for the lower tiers and moves up the tech tree that way. Therefore you sometimes end up with like 4-5 fragements for the same tank in just 2 days.

Thank you for the information, this explains everything.

snowlywhite #11 Posted 11 August 2021 - 09:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 45388 battles

View PostDexatroph, on 11 August 2021 - 04:23 PM, said:

funny fact: today I get bp mission. Had only 7 bps left of t8s.

I don't get bps for the new t7 cz heavy =)))

instead, I get 2 bps for t8s :P

View PostDenton_0451, on 11 August 2021 - 07:46 PM, said:

Well I guess it's either a buff or nerf depending on how we look at it. For me it's a nerf, as I preferred getting universal/national fragments that I could use researching Tier IX-X tanks that I was aiming for instead of researching random tanks that are unlikely I will ever play with.

very debatable you'd ever be better off with fragments. Even assuming you'd get perfect drops(i.e. - in the proportion you need), you still need... what? 18 fragments to make 1 BP? Ok, depends on tier.

But, still... the ratio is really meh.

Edited by snowlywhite, 11 August 2021 - 09:38 PM.

Dexatroph #12 Posted 11 August 2021 - 09:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53665 battles

View Postsnowlywhite, on 11 August 2021 - 09:35 PM, said:

They might have changed something again at a later point in time. I havent followed the discussion and updates on that topic. There was couple of articles about changes to that mechanic. You can check out  https://vk.com/wotclue  if you are interessted. 

I can confirm that it was for the first weeks exactly like that and I got all the blueprint fragments for the low tiers starting with tier 4 followed by tier 5 and so on. Maybe it was not so welcomed and they adjusted it.

Edited by Dexatroph, 11 August 2021 - 10:06 PM.

snowlywhite #13 Posted 11 August 2021 - 10:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 45388 battles

no, no; it's exactly the same now as you said(got 2 bps for t8s, no bps for t9/t10)

but I assume there's some "embargo" on new line bps at the start? No clue. Or maybe it'll work from tommorow...

Makotti #14 Posted 12 August 2021 - 05:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 20458 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsnowlywhite, on 11 August 2021 - 10:35 PM, said:

Have every T7 unlocked and most T8's. Yesterday had one mission with 3 BP pieces, reward was 1 x CZ T7 heavy fragment, 1 x CZ T8 heavy fragment and 1 x ISU-152 fragment so guess there is no embargo.

Alfa_Tau #15 Posted 12 August 2021 - 06:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22882 battles
  • [-ERD-] -ERD-

View PostDenton_0451, on 11 August 2021 - 02:31 PM, said:

I remember when WG introduced the vehicle blueprint drops originally, the rewards were blueprint fragments for random unresearched vehicles regardless of tiers. I can prove this as I still have some random high tier vehicles that have a bunch of blueprint fragments. In the last month or two I've noticed that the random vehicle blueprint fragments that I can earn from daily missions are always for the lowest tier unresearched vehicle for a random branch instead of truly random drops like it was before. Since I haven't touched the Polish lines before, I got the XP cost of all tanks from tier I to tier VI decreased to 0, same with a bunch of low tier arties and tank destroyers that I will probably never use. Am I this unlucky or did WG really nerf these rewards without any announcements?

I am experiencing the same .

never researched chinese vehicle now everytime I get low tiers TD blueprints.

Yesterday again I got BP fot them and for tier 6 US light tank, 

Lost any hope...

CocoCondor #16 Posted 29 August 2021 - 02:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5042 battles
  • [MONKZ] MONKZ

new players would prefer random BPs to at least now and then score a BP for the line(s) they are grinding

mid-aged players with multiple lines researched would imho still prefer complete randomness to either score whatever they are grinding or more often score fragments

seasoned collectors dont really care and will appriciate they do not have to grind anything and get BP's solely for what they are missing

question is...

why the SILENT change?

and what is the reason/desired effect/logic behind it?

snowlywhite #17 Posted 29 August 2021 - 09:39 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 45388 battles

the change was reversed(silently, because... wtf not)

it seems to be random again.

Logdog1986 #18 Posted 29 August 2021 - 09:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 811 battles

Won x5 blueprints the other day.

2 were for Somua S35, 1 was for some low tier italian shitter, 2 for something god knows who. 

Low tier blueprints are as useful as dogshite, you can grind to Tier 5 on a standard account in like 2 days, even 1 if you have all day to play.

Balc0ra #19 Posted 29 August 2021 - 09:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 85205 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postsnowlywhite, on 29 August 2021 - 09:39 PM, said:

the change was reversed(silently, because... wtf not)

it seems to be random again.

I've not seen one in over a year, and hardly have seen any since the system was added, inc nationals..... Why? Because I have all the tanks unlocked. The more you have unlocked, the bigger the chance for just universals. Same with nationals, as if you're 100% done with a tech tree, that nation's national drop rate falls to 0%. As most nationals I have atm, I got via the last two Xmas events. It's why I could just skip all the Czech HTs more or less. 

Then again, considering how most here did rant about this being bad with too many drops since it means Steve will get up the tech trees faster. Then why complain? 

Edited by Balc0ra, 29 August 2021 - 09:58 PM.

snowlywhite #20 Posted 29 August 2021 - 11:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 45388 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 29 August 2021 - 09:58 PM, said:

I've not seen one in over a year, and hardly have seen any since the system was added, inc nationals..... Why? Because I have all the tanks unlocked. The more you have unlocked, the bigger the chance for just universals. Same with nationals, as if you're 100% done with a tech tree, that nation's national drop rate falls to 0%. As most nationals I have atm, I got via the last two Xmas events. It's why I could just skip all the Czech HTs more or less. 

Then again, considering how most here did rant about this being bad with too many drops since it means Steve will get up the tech trees faster. Then why complain? 

no; the silent change was that you were getting the bp of tanks you don't have researched based on tier. I.e. - all t5s not researched, then t6, and so on.

then they reversed the change and now you get random bps again. I.e. - I got full CAX while I have t7s unresearched.

Also tagged with blueprint, daily mission

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users