Fire Button

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

AmphetamineLogic #1 Posted 17 August 2021 - 06:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14838 battles

I'll probably report this anyway, but has anyone else had a complete loss of the mouse fire button during a battle?

It's happened to me 3 times recently. All other mouse functions work: Scroll button; Middle button; Right button etc. Removing the USB dongle and reconnecting it gets the Windows new hardware ping and the rest of the functions start working again but no "fire". Also tried disabling/enabling the touchpad "mouse" when it has happened as an alternative. That doesn't work. I'm going to dig out my (long retired) wired mouse and see if that makes a difference,

It could totally be hardware, as I've previously lost Bluetooth on this laptop when the second USB bus has stopped working (which is why I switched to using a non-Bluetooth wireless mouse in the first place) but I'm interested in case anyone else has had this problem.

AmphetamineLogic #2 Posted 26 August 2021 - 09:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14838 battles

I guess it's just me with this problem then!

However, I've just been recommended by support to delete: %appdata%\wargaming.net

Yeesh! 750Mg of files!!!

AmphetamineLogic #3 Posted 28 August 2021 - 03:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14838 battles

I may have found a work around. It's happened to me the most in my TOG. This is the one tank I have that normally has no APCR or HE ammo, just a complete loadout of standard. However, my Sherman Firefly just had the same problem, but when I switched to HE it started firing again.

Could be complete co-incidence but I'll keep an eye on it.

montydods #4 Posted 28 August 2021 - 04:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4307 battles
  • [LAD07] LAD07

HANG ON! i have also had this! Happened in a few different tanks, since one of the recent patches, and i use a wired mouse. FORTUNATELY, it has only happened to me in tanks with HE or Prem. ammo, and switching to a different shell, firing that, then switching back seems to fix this.

Incidentally, do you play on a ~low-spec PC/Laptop?

AmphetamineLogic #5 Posted 29 August 2021 - 11:53 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 14838 battles

View Postmontydods, on 28 August 2021 - 03:10 PM, said:

HANG ON! i have also had this! Happened in a few different tanks, since one of the recent patches, and i use a wired mouse. FORTUNATELY, it has only happened to me in tanks with HE or Prem. ammo, and switching to a different shell, firing that, then switching back seems to fix this.

Incidentally, do you play on a ~low-spec PC/Laptop?

Yes. It's a cheap non-gaming laptop. Cost me about £300. It's why I never complain about my slow game/battle load times!

Once started I get an acceptable >30fps and 40ms ping rate in low graphics mode. Not good enough for some, but perfectly okay for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users