• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Gunerstile #1 Posted 13 September 2021 - 08:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17743 battles
  • [AWARE] AWARE

Hello there,

Well not exactly a new player but rather a returning one. I havent played much since introduction of equipment 2.0 and for some new tanks, even those I have for ages now, I really cant find a guide how to set them up in a completely new palette of opportunities.

i would really appreciate to hear your quick choice of 3 equipment pieces for tanks I will list as well as your short comments on picks that I would take:

Emil I (and rest of the line) Coated optics/V.Stabs/Improved Rotation mech.

Progetto CC55 Vents/V.Stabs/Turbo

Vz 44-1 (and rest of the line) dont have it yet but I will buy it soon and I dont know the perfect setup

Skoda T56 Vents/V.Stabs/Coated optics (I would really like to put in turbo just to try it out but dont know which one is best to drop)

TVP VPU (but main question is actually Skoda T50 once I obtain it) nothing on it yet just got it and have no idea what to put.

53TP (and rest of the line) Vents/V.Stabs/Rammer

50TP Proto. Vents/V.Stabs/Rammer

Also last tip of advice I need is, if you know that turbo completely changes the feel of a certain vehicle please do tell, because I feel that additional speed really can make the difference in battle but im just so used to playing the old fashioned way Vents/Stabs/Rammer on most of my tanks that I just find it hard to adapt in the new environment.

Love,

Gunerstile

Edited by Gunerstile, 13 September 2021 - 08:34 PM.

Gremlin182 #2 Posted 13 September 2021 - 10:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75423 battles

I made a few changes after equipment 2.0 came in.

I decided that the Improved Rotation Mechanism was pretty good and its become a standard on quite a few tanks for me.

Usually if I needed to improve the time taken to fully aim I went with Stabiliser and if the tank could not use one then I went with Gun lay drive.

Rotation has certainly replaced GLD in my tanks and in some tanks as an experiment its replaced a Stabiliser but I am not sure about that yet still testing.

Turbo has gone on a few tanks that had poor accelleration and Commanders Vision System went on some of my stealthy Light tanks tier 8+.

I am slowly buying new style equipment when its on sale but not really used any other pieces as yet.

Btw have you noticed that tier 6 and above the first equipment slot gives a bonus to the equipment

The equipment that gets the bonus varies depending on the type of tank.

Edited by Gremlin182, 13 September 2021 - 10:34 PM.

L3gionaire #3 Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 32907 battles
  • [S-R-R] S-R-R

Skill4ltu has some suggestions, even for Emil 1. Maybe that helps, I don't know:

https://skill4ltu.eu/1921/emil-i/

AmphetamineLogic #4 Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13508 battles

View PostGunerstile, on 13 September 2021 - 07:33 PM, said:

Also last tip of advice I need is, if you know that turbo completely changes the feel of a certain vehicle please do tell, because I feel that additional speed really can make the difference in battle but im just so used to playing the old fashioned way Vents/Stabs/Rammer on most of my tanks that I just find it hard to adapt in the new environment.

Turbo on a Matilda is just the best, but I suspect that's too low a tier for you.

Dramya #5 Posted 14 September 2021 - 12:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22202 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_
Don’t forget to factor in your crew skills though, a lot of the recommendations are for when you have a decent crew with at least the important skills, especially in the viewrange department. I personally value viewrange over anything else, that means equipping optics or even binos over stabilizer for instance (provided tank playstyle allows for it)

Also keep in mind that these recommendations are for fully upgraded vehicles, many stock tanks have way different dynamics then their upgraded counterparts. Stock turrets have less view range, stock guns may have decent aimtime and accuracy, etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users