4 HE PEN AMX 50 B on a Grille. 2 internal Crits

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

LZ_Mordan #1 Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29633 battles
  • [WOOOW] WOOOW

Tell me how easy it is to do a [edited]average of 2.5 crits per game.

the HE mechanics are completely broken... they do barely nothing when exploding.

who is firing HE these days??? they are pointless.

Edited by LZ_Mordan, 14 September 2021 - 08:45 PM.

fwhaatpiraat #2 Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:53 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 70317 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
If you set a tank on fire the modules get grilled.

Sjiebert #3 Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:54 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25813 battles
  • [TRZAN] TRZAN
Let me get this straight.

- If Mordan shoots normal ammo, he doesn't penetrate because he auto-aims. He uses this as an excuse to cry about gold ammo.
- If Mordan shoots HE, he doesn't penetrate because he auto-aims. He uses this as an excuse to cry about gold ammo.
- If Mordan makes a good play by loading HE for a Grille and actually aims, he does a lot of damage. Fantastic, right? Nope, he uses it to complain about having too little critical hits, which is undoubtedly a step-up to crying about the HE-nerf and gold ammo.

Just stop playing the game if the only reason to play is to find things to complain about, dude.

Edited by Sjiebert, 14 September 2021 - 08:55 PM.

snowlywhite #4 Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:05 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 44802 battles

bc arty t9

foch 155 should still work. Requires BM and 20M though. And a ton of luck.

or just skip it. I still wonder why I didn't put this PoS mission on my skip list. But then I hate bouncing missions even more.

LZ_Mordan #5 Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29633 battles
  • [WOOOW] WOOOW

View Postsnowlywhite, on 15 September 2021 - 03:05 AM, said:

bc arty t9

foch 155 should still work. Requires BM and 20M though. And a ton of luck.

or just skip it. I still wonder why I didn't put this PoS mission on my skip list. But then I hate bouncing missions even more.

nah its even worse since patch 1.13

release note tell us that the probability of HE shells doing internal crits has been reduced....

i experimented.. Full load HE on the Grille and barely nothing happens.

tajj7 #6 Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34942 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Did you shoot it in the turret? Because have a little think about what internal modules you are likely to damage in the turret, as opposed to the hull, where the ammo rack, fuel tanks, engine, driver etc. all are.  There are more internal modules in the hull than there will be in what essentially is a gun shield. 

If you want crits you need to think about WHERE you are hitting tanks and penning. Not just expecting crits because you penned with HE, all those paper German TDs have paper hulls as well and if you hit them in the hull then you are likely to damage engines, ammo racks etc. You can also set them on fire if you hit them there, with the fuel tanks and engine being there, which can then lead to more internal crits. The HE changes are pretty irrelevant in this regard because you are penning, not doing splash. 

That mission is annoying and luck based, but you can still maximise your chances if you think about where you are hitting. You can also get plenty of crits with autoloaders without using HE because you are often just pumping shots into the same spot which means a higher chance of internal module hits, do some research and try to remember where fuel tanks and ammo racks are on tanks. 

So basically stop complaining and use your brain more. If you are using 50b then hit and pen your shots in the right areas for ammo rack, fuel tank, engine damage, make sure you have deadeye on your gunner to increase crit chances for your AP/APCR, and intuition to quickly switch to HE for paper targets and then if those paper targets are like Grilles, Borsigs, Lights etc. go for the hull, the engines, the fuel tanks and the ammo racks. 

Maschinenkanone #7 Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 55836 battles
  • [MBEV] MBEV

Yes. HE ammo has changed from being situational to being extremely situational. I used to carry around 10 HE rounds in each tank for occasional usage. Now I only carry 2-3.

The change was definately bad for variety. The game lost more than it gained. Bad decision. 

LZ_Mordan #8 Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29633 battles
  • [WOOOW] WOOOW

View PostMaschinenkanone, on 15 September 2021 - 12:16 PM, said:

Yes. HE ammo has changed from being situational to being extremely situational. I used to carry around 10 HE rounds in each tank for occasional usage. Now I only carry 2-3.

The change was definately bad for variety. The game lost more than it gained. Bad decision. 

HE is now completely irrelevant.

I never fire it anymore unless now trying to do crits.. Its pure crapi now realize.. Its not even doing criticals like it used to..

And WG is a very bad company. They lied through their teeth. They said the would nerf gold ammo.. They nerf HE.. They cannot nerf the HE of premium tanks. !!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users