Consealment & Spotting Range in WoT vs Detectability Range in WoW

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

arespilot #1 Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5067 battles
I started playing WoW recently and very much liked the Detectability Range mechanic of ships. It is a given parameter per ship (affected also by other commender skills, perks, camo, etc.; it increases after firing) but it is always visible on the mini-map to support the player. This is missing in WoT with concealment being always an undefined/dynamic figure expressed in % of decreased spotting range of any enemy tank (which varies from tank to tank). Would be great to introduce something similar also in WoT (e.g. % of decrease at 445 m spotting range) except there would be any physical reasons (laws of physics) for not doing it. Are there any approved WoT-mods on this?

Nishi_Kinuyo #2 Posted 18 September 2021 - 12:30 PM

General

• Player
  • 13024 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Because spotting on the "open water" works very differently than it does in actual terrain?

Which is also why camouflage for scips is completely different than that for tanks.

Obfuscating your direction of movement vs. trying to actually hide the entire vehicle.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 18 September 2021 - 12:35 PM.

CV_Rework #3 Posted 22 September 2021 - 09:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3493 battles
  • [TERMI] TERMI

Your tank becomes visible at a different range to all enemies with different view range stats. Some enemies will have 350m view range while another will have 440. For which one would you like your circle to be sized?

I see where you are coming from. I played WoWs for quite a lot of time too. In WoWs, there was not a stat called view range. In WoT, everyone will spot you at a different range. It also changes when you move, fire, or both. Therefore coming up with a circle size on the minimap is not possible.

Although i did think about this, and made some calculations by using spotting formulas. I found that my EBR could be spotted at around 300meters in the worst case, which is slightly less than my view range (360m). So, when I am trying to keep an enemy spotted, I am keeping him between my 360m view range and an imaginary circle of 300m (that I try to estimate). From my experience, this did make it easier for me to play the wheeled vehicles. Cant say the same for other tanks yet as I have not tried this for others.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users