aiming circle reticle crosshair

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Maikerus #1 Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24114 battles
  • [SAMPI] SAMPI

Hello. Currently I'm playing totally vanilla game, using aiming circle "Circle IV (Solid)". As everyone knows it is green when gun is fully loaded and red after shot, then it fills up from 0 to 360 degrees with green while reloading. I'd like to make it work like "Circle II (with shifting load indicator)" so basically to have solid circle with instant change from red to green. Does anyone have any knowledge which files should be modified and how to do this?. I could take a shortcut and download mod but I haven't found any nice minimalistic examples and I'd like to try modifying files first.

Thanks in advance.

RaJCeL #2 Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:10 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 29538 battles
  • [W4YR] W4YR

Which files? Some of these:

- res\gui\flash\arcadeCrosshair.swf
- res\gui\flash\crosshairControls.swf
- res\gui\flash\sniperCrosshair.swf
- res\gui\flash\strategicCrosshair.swf

Use for example JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler for editing.

Maikerus #3 Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24114 battles
  • [SAMPI] SAMPI

The problem is that this direction contains only those files:

RaJCeL #4 Posted 15 September 2021 - 05:06 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 29538 battles
  • [W4YR] W4YR

Sorry, I was not precise enough. Look for them inside:

res\packages\gui-part1.pkg​

res\packages\gui-part2.pkg

But as you want to mod them you need to put them in .wotmod in the structure from my previous post.

pe3pa #5 Posted 15 September 2021 - 07:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 62618 battles
  • [JUST] JUST

View PostRaJCeL, on 15 September 2021 - 05:06 PM, said:

But as you want to mod them you need to put them in .wotmod in the structure from my previous post.

Thats not correct :unsure: 

go to res\packages\gui-part1.pkg\gui\flash\ and copy crosshairControls.swf to res_mods/[clientversion]/gui/flash and open the file with JPEXS. you can make changes while playing, the flash files will get reloaded when loading their respective instance, like garage oder battle interface.

RaJCeL #6 Posted 16 September 2021 - 07:20 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 29538 battles
  • [W4YR] W4YR

View Postpe3pa, on 15 September 2021 - 08:35 PM, said:

Thats not correct :unsure: 

go to res\packages\gui-part1.pkg\gui\flash\ and copy crosshairControls.swf to res_mods/[clientversion]/gui/flash and open the file with JPEXS. you can make changes while playing, the flash files will get reloaded when loading their respective instance, like garage oder battle interface.

res_mods is old and outdated way of modding game, hence I don't recommend it.

pe3pa #7 Posted 16 September 2021 - 09:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 62618 battles
  • [JUST] JUST
i respectfully disagree. whe had to repackage .pkg files in res when i started.

RaJCeL #8 Posted 16 September 2021 - 09:43 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 29538 battles
  • [W4YR] W4YR

View Postpe3pa, on 16 September 2021 - 10:26 AM, said:

i respectfully disagree. whe had to repackage .pkg files in res when i started.

Yeah and I disagree to your disagree.

Why don't we use windows 95 as OS or IE to browse web? Why we don't use Pascal to develop applications? Why we are using car? Why don't be old school and walk everywhere. That are the things I have used when I started. So for example is it justifying usage of Windows 98 nowadays?

The answer is that by the time passes the way of working and tools get upgraded and modern.

Imagine someone is asking on programming forum that he wants to write his own simple app to do something and the guys are recommending using Assembler, Pascal or any other old language instead of modern ones.

I know that currently mods and res_mods modding WoW is running in parallel, but keep in mind that WG said res_mods is outdated and is left only for transition period of moving to mods. I know that this transision period is currently running for years, so quite long, but in any micropatch WG can say "hey, we are removing res_mods and mods is the only way right now".

Edited by RaJCeL, 16 September 2021 - 09:44 AM.

pe3pa #9 Posted 16 September 2021 - 05:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 62618 battles
  • [JUST] JUST
to stay with your analogy: if res_mods is windows 98, mods is windows 98 with a different desktop wallpaper. don't get me wrong, it has it's advantages in some situations, but you don't have to use it if you just have a single file or while you develop. .wotmod files are mostly for convenience and to avoid version conflicts, both for the end user. if they would remove res_mods, you could just use res to achieve the same result.

Also tagged with aiming circle, reticle, crosshair

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users