Jump to content


Earn Twitch Drops This Saturday: Content Creator Showdown


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:30 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 38,738
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Tune in to Twitch this Saturday to watch 20 content creators face off in the Steel Hunter mode. Twitch Drops enabled!

The full text of the news item

L0rd_0f_War #2 Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:55 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14357 battles
  • 1,466
  • [O-S-C] O-S-C
  • Member since:
    08-17-2011
Nice drops. TBH, the streamer Steel Hunter event is the only one which I find more interesting to watch than play Steel Hunter mode. The SH mode (without dedicated rewards) is meh, but makes for an interesting watch between streamers.

Simona2k #3 Posted 15 September 2021 - 05:28 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7764 battles
  • 1,901
  • [FOXZA] FOXZA
  • Member since:
    10-01-2017
good twitch drop

Goating #4 Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:11 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 28577 battles
  • 44
  • [SNRGY] SNRGY
  • Member since:
    09-12-2013
Best of luck to the fellow hosts. :great:

SlyMeerkat #5 Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:28 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 27939 battles
  • 4,296
  • [HAKOO] HAKOO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
I shall lurk for the Drops as per but not Watch 

Badz360 #6 Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:15 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 35126 battles
  • 634
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015

Did we ever get participation numbers of this years SH versus previous years?

 



Jumping_Turtle #7 Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:06 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 84571 battles
  • 9,908
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013
Ahhh the great 'lets kill QB first and take it from there show'. Always fun to watch

BSHDBCG #8 Posted 16 September 2021 - 11:04 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8262 battles
  • 1,424
  • Member since:
    04-20-2015

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 15 September 2021 - 10:06 PM, said:

Ahhh the great 'lets kill QB first and take it from there show'. Always fun to watch

 

So for once it isn't you who are the hunted prey?

 

Still remember you hugging the "fog" from the few times I've run into you in that mode.



Jumping_Turtle #9 Posted 16 September 2021 - 12:00 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 84571 battles
  • 9,908
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostBSHDBCG, on 16 September 2021 - 11:04 AM, said:

 

Still remember you hugging the "fog" from the few times I've run into you in that mode.

 

Correct, that is what made the mode fun for me.



infyrana #10 Posted 16 September 2021 - 01:57 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 33709 battles
  • 66
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    07-01-2013
Nice!  Does this time in twitch stack with the Tank Wars event too ?

megatronn_invader #11 Posted 16 September 2021 - 04:55 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29088 battles
  • 1,118
  • [C3C-P] C3C-P
  • Member since:
    12-27-2016
It would be nice if they played with the obsolete tanks, we would all have fun, and if they do it with explosives I even subscribe and everything.:trollface::bajan:

INFERNO1892 #12 Posted 17 September 2021 - 02:00 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 30362 battles
  • 182
  • [NO-S] NO-S
  • Member since:
    08-15-2011
1000 € for top twitch streamers is a joke. They earn more in single day of streaming. Why cant normal folks play for cash? I bet I would dominate all of them.

Misago #13 Posted 18 September 2021 - 05:08 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23952 battles
  • 627
  • Member since:
    04-21-2012

You could rename the game mode to Steel Harbinger, since that seems to be the tank 90% of players are using. Thank god WG just wants us "watching" the channel to pad their numbers. If I actually had to pay attention, I'd probably fall into a coma from boredom.



L0rd_0f_War #14 Posted 18 September 2021 - 06:27 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14357 battles
  • 1,466
  • [O-S-C] O-S-C
  • Member since:
    08-17-2011

View PostMisago, on 18 September 2021 - 11:08 AM, said:

You could rename the game mode to Steel Harbinger, since that seems to be the tank 90% of players are using. Thank god WG just wants us "watching" the channel to pad their numbers. If I actually had to pay attention, I'd probably fall into a coma from boredom.


Its actually far worse playing this mode than watching it. WG has used Steel Hunter as a filler to deny players playing a full season of Frontlines in 2020 and 2021, even though FL is far more played and requested by players. WG has tried to further minimize FL this year by removing all dedicated rewards and bringing Tier 9s without limits. Even then, I enjoy FL and 7v7 (another mode WG said they would bring to the game on a more regular basis, but didn't) more than Randoms and any other gimmicky mode like SH (where you can't use your own tanks or crews).


Edited by L0rd_0f_War, 18 September 2021 - 06:28 PM.


Misago #15 Posted 18 September 2021 - 08:36 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23952 battles
  • 627
  • Member since:
    04-21-2012

View PostL0rd_0f_War, on 18 September 2021 - 05:27 PM, said:


Its actually far worse playing this mode than watching it. WG has used Steel Hunter as a filler to deny players playing a full season of Frontlines in 2020 and 2021, even though FL is far more played and requested by players. WG has tried to further minimize FL this year by removing all dedicated rewards and bringing Tier 9s without limits. Even then, I enjoy FL and 7v7 (another mode WG said they would bring to the game on a more regular basis, but didn't) more than Randoms and any other gimmicky mode like SH (where you can't use your own tanks or crews).

 

Well, playing the mode is basically "pick Raven or Harbinger, get lucky with drops" (although it seems Raven got nerfed.

 

Yeah, its a tactic they used before. If a mode rewards the players too much, like FL allowing you to grind credits and T8 tanks efficiently, they mess it up with the T9 tanks so they can say "Oh goodness, it seems no one wants to play Frontline anymore! Who could have seen this coming?! Guess you'll we better drop it then." They did the same thing in WoWs



Jumping_Turtle #16 Posted 19 September 2021 - 10:40 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 84571 battles
  • 9,908
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013
Epic airstrike on Daki

L0rd_0f_War #17 Posted 19 September 2021 - 07:06 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14357 battles
  • 1,466
  • [O-S-C] O-S-C
  • Member since:
    08-17-2011

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 19 September 2021 - 04:40 AM, said:

Epic airstrike on Daki


Yeah, that one was RNG at its best. Denied him a sure shot No. 1 place. He was full HP, leveled up, and poised to be in the top 3 in that game, easily winning the tournament, but that Strike... lol. PaPa did play better overall in most games and fate/RNG favoured him at the end just when he needed it.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users