8 replies to this topic

FizzlePopBerryTwist #1 Posted 15 September 2021 - 05:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34216 battles
  • [FIM] FIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8LAAMLmbLQ

Hoi

Let's put aside the Frankenstein Tier 10 and the odd (yet interesting) chain system. Those are issues for another day.

Two lines in this video stood out to me - both regarding the premium tank seen @ 4:49 and 5:22

WG: "its rather large but its not hit easily from a distance"  

- they show a tank with 0.43+ accuracy shooting from around 150m (I'm pretty sure it's a kv2, why they didn't show it afterward)

... and what if your opponent has 0.36? or 0.33 accuracy?? The hatch is huge and thinly armored (shown at 4:26

You will be hit and penned often. Every single time. Meeting any accurate enemy or playing up close is your end: now go figure how often neither will happen.

Worst case: keep firing. Stalin will eventually guide a shell into the right spot (and it will go in 100%). Remember kids: you miss every shot you don't take. 

Next up is the 5:22 nonsense.

WG: "in this position, the weak point is almost invisible and the 'Y' is very capable"

No, it is not. The hatch is always seen first- always shot first- so why would anyone aim for a 2/3 smaller weak-spot which also moves diagonally? (+the gun might eat your shell too)

... judging from what we saw and know, the lowerplate+hull is around the same armor thickness so ~ i guess 150mm effectively. Below the gun, it looks 200ish.

Who in the right mind goes for that!? Stop the video at 5:24 and take a good look at it. What can't and what CAN you see (hint: top left). 

Honest, I have to wonder who would buy this tank based on what we were shown?

The chaining mechanic is fairly nice, I give them that, and I do like the 'Kampfpanzer 07RH'-ish design...

but the giant hatch and their attempt of smokes and mirrors sour's this for me to the point I won't get near it with a 152mm long stick. 

This trailer might be even more ridiculous than the backstory of the Mauerbrecher, just in how dishonest it is.

wAr_God_11 #2 Posted 15 September 2021 - 05:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35934 battles
  • [AAV] AAV
has it not always been like that?

Enherjaren #3 Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 88618 battles
  • [AAV] AAV

View PostFizzlePopBerryTwist, on 15 September 2021 - 05:48 PM, said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8LAAMLmbLQ

Hoi

Let's put aside the Frankenstein Tier 10 and the odd (yet interesting) chain system. Those are issues for another day.

Two lines in this video stood out to me - both regarding the premium tank seen @ 4:49 and 5:22

- they show a tank with 0.43+ accuracy shooting from around 150m (I'm pretty sure it's a kv2, why they didn't show it afterward)

... and what if your opponent has 0.36? or 0.33 accuracy?? The hatch is huge and thinly armored (shown at 4:26

You will be hit and penned often. Every single time. Meeting any accurate enemy or playing up close is your end: now go figure how often neither will happen.

Worst case: keep firing. Stalin will eventually guide a shell into the right spot (and it will go in 100%). Remember kids: you miss every shot you don't take. 

Next up is the 5:22 nonsense.

WG: "in this position, the weak point is almost invisible and the 'Y' is very capable"

No, it is not. The hatch is always seen first- always shot first- so why would anyone aim for a 2/3 smaller weak-spot which also moves diagonally? (+the gun might eat your shell too)

... judging from what we saw and know, the lowerplate+hull is around the same armor thickness so ~ i guess 150mm effectively. Below the gun, it looks 200ish.

Who in the right mind goes for that!? Stop the video at 5:24 and take a good look at it. What can't and what CAN you see (hint: top left). 

Honest, I have to wonder who would buy this tank based on what we were shown?

The chaining mechanic is fairly nice, I give them that, and I do like the 'Kampfpanzer 07RH'-ish design...

but the giant hatch and their attempt of smokes and mirrors sour's this for me to the point I won't get near it with a 152mm long stick. 

This trailer might be even more ridiculous than the backstory of the Mauerbrecher, just in how dishonest it is.

Could you please not use as many fonts sizes and such? 
For me it just makes it harder to read. A bold font here and there is fine to emphasize, but your text just looks like scrambled eggs to me mate.

Sorry I have been reading a lot of posts today and might just be my perception that's drained! 

Edited by Enherjaren, 15 September 2021 - 06:04 PM.

snowlywhite #4 Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 44743 battles

renegade also has a tankette on it's top and it's one of the best t8 premiums, you know?

nations are classes. Always was, always will.

US is excellent gun handling, mediocre(for my taste) accy, good dpm, troll(never immune) armor. So you get big cupolas. You don't like, you pick another class.

as to why in a presentation video they don't say "the tank has a tumor on it's head"... yeah, I wonder why :P

Edited by snowlywhite, 15 September 2021 - 06:51 PM.

_217_ #5 Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29740 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I have no clue what they're snorting, injecting, drinking and licking in Minsk but can i have some to?

Every time i think it can't get more over the top with the total  BS they make up and every time they surprise me. Btw, the tier 10 turret hull down, that's the Strv 74 profile....

Edited by _217_, 15 September 2021 - 10:51 PM.

HassenderZerhacker #6 Posted 16 September 2021 - 06:52 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32295 battles

View PostFizzlePopBerryTwist, on 15 September 2021 - 05:48 PM, said:

The accuracy stat is mostly irrelevant in WoT when it comes to hitting small targets.

It works when hitting large targets from a distance, but for hitting small targets, RNG trumps accuracy by about 3 to 1 from my experience. It's as if WoT has implemented a dice system, where the "natural 20" always hits (like in D&D).

Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 16 September 2021 - 06:53 AM.

TankkiPoju #7 Posted 16 September 2021 - 07:16 AM

General

• Player
  • 29678 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Post_217_, on 15 September 2021 - 10:51 PM, said:

I have no clue what they're snorting, injecting, drinking and licking in Minsk

It's money.

Ghoststalker #8 Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7619 battles

Wargaming has a long history with blatant lies that are much more obvious than this one when describing their premium tanks. They usually have no issues with describing their best tanks truthfully. However, if the tank is a statistical piece of garbage, they sneak in the lies to make it sound better than it really is. They also never update the description, so it shows when older premium tanks are outpaced by the powercreep of the current meta.

Here's how they describe the gun of the M4A1 Revalorisé:

"The powerful and accurate 105 mm gun this tank is equipped with has more than enough penetration to wipe the floor with its opponents."

Edited by Ghoststalker, 16 September 2021 - 08:02 AM.

Uh_Oh_ #9 Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8247 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGhoststalker, on 16 September 2021 - 08:02 AM, said:

Wargaming has a long history with blatant lies that are much more obvious than this one when describing their premium tanks. They usually have no issues with describing their best tanks truthfully. However, if the tank is a statistical piece of garbage, they sneak in the lies to make it sound better than it really is. They also never update the description, so it shows when older premium tanks are outpaced by the powercreep of the current meta.

Here's how they describe the gun of the M4A1 Revalorisé:

"The powerful and accurate 105 mm gun this tank is equipped with has more than enough penetration to wipe the floor with its opponents."

Yeah if you go through the Premium store and read their info on some of the tanks it is hilarious

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users