Frontline 2021: Top 5 Tips

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 20 September 2021 - 02:00 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Get to grips and watch our top tips video guide to make sure you're on top of your game ahead of the new Stage!

The full text of the news item

edevjoe #2 Posted 20 September 2021 - 02:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10442 battles
  • [KTEMP] KTEMP
Isnt it interesting almost half the video is about tier 9 tanks ? :facepalm:

hipper101 #3 Posted 20 September 2021 - 02:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28458 battles

But i kinda dont see the point in playing this mode anymore after tier 9 was added .

As credits farming was / is reduced and the rewards are like hmm ... i mean who cares about directives u get flooded with em all the time. :mellow:

vixu #4 Posted 20 September 2021 - 02:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 48741 battles
  • [CEZAR] CEZAR
there are only 2 reasons to play FL
- if you like it
- if you need a bit more BP points then daily missions give you

That probably qualifies for 1 FL game per day for me. That is if I even be playing this week. Still cant force myself to load the game after ranked gaming experience.

Edited by vixu, 20 September 2021 - 02:24 PM.

birimbao_1 #5 Posted 20 September 2021 - 02:32 PM

Field Marshal

• 38985 battles
  • [KA0S] KA0S
0 FL battles this 2 first seasons...  not interested at all in the new tier 9 Meta...

saxsan4 #6 Posted 20 September 2021 - 02:34 PM

General

• Player
  • 32376 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--
please sell more tier 9 premiums so we can credit farm again 

Edited by saxsan4, 20 September 2021 - 02:35 PM.

Duke_Harkonnen #7 Posted 20 September 2021 - 02:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26469 battles
  • [SK-NB] SK-NB

I can see I am not only one missing REWARD for playing FL.

Misago #8 Posted 20 September 2021 - 02:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23977 battles

Remove. The. Stupid. T9s. From. This. Mode.

Seriously, is this like the WoWs thing where a mode is too profitable, so you do your damn best to kill it, or at least make it less profitable? What is the bloody point?

Either make a separate t9 only frontline, or stop with this nonsense and leave it t8 only.

nieriusas_LTU #9 Posted 20 September 2021 - 02:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2570 battles
  • [KALSA] KALSA

What's the point of playing this? Just admit it WG that you ruined this game mode which was enjoyable and now became garbage just because of your lame and not understandable decisions...

Tier 9 tanks? I wonder who ever asked these to be added in Frontline... You made this game mode trash, so now play this trash by yourself...

Gremlin182 #10 Posted 20 September 2021 - 02:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75934 battles

I used to play Frontline because I enjoyed it and I wanted the reward tanks.

Secondary to that was lots of xp and credits.

Mostly that has not changed.

I still enjoy it still can get reward tanks though they blended that part into Battlepass which works better for me because before it too me a long time to get one reward tank and I had to play steel hunter which I did not want to do now I can just get all the reward tanks.

It was also good to have large single tier games where you could resparn and change your tank as well as repair and rearm your tanks.

Again thats pretty much the same.

Its up to the players to decide if and when tier 9s appear and if they do you can either keep to a tier 8 and make the credits or change to tier 9 and probably make fewer credits.

Its also what some players asked for at least there were posts asking for frontline for other tiers and for a permanent frontline.

Well we got one of them Fl for tiers 8 and 9.

Its not surprising the Video is mostly about tier 9 as thats whats new and thats what players are posting about.

greatkill #11 Posted 20 September 2021 - 03:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15504 battles
  • [-SND-] -SND-
Honestly, with how things are now, I prefer Steel Hunter, which is pretty sad...

Dwigt #12 Posted 20 September 2021 - 03:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • 2477 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postedevjoe, on 20 September 2021 - 02:12 PM, said:

Isnt it interesting almost half the video is about tier 9 tanks ? :facepalm:

As Germia said in the video, ther Tier 9 addition is the biggest change this season so it makes sense to explain what you can do and how you can get more tier 9s if you don't have them in your garage.

View Posthipper101, on 20 September 2021 - 02:15 PM, said:

But i kinda dont see the point in playing this mode anymore after tier 9 was added .

As credits farming was / is reduced and the rewards are like hmm ... i mean who cares about directives u get flooded with em all the time. :mellow:

The tier 9 addition did not change the mode or its core gameplay and mechanics. It added an additional layer of difficulty and diversity but the gameplay is still the same and I can assure you that your earnings (XP and credits) are still the same as many of you pointed out at the end of the first episode. You can decide to play in Tier 8s only, tech tree tanks only, shoot standard ammo only, that's up to you. 

View Postvixu, on 20 September 2021 - 02:19 PM, said:

there are only 2 reasons to play FL
- if you like it
- if you need a bit more BP points then daily missions give you

That probably qualifies for 1 FL game per day for me. That is if I even be playing this week. Still cant force myself to load the game after ranked gaming experience.

The mode still gives a lot of XP and Credits and it can be very useful to unlock some Field modifications on your Tanks.

View PostDuke_Harkonnen, on 20 September 2021 - 02:39 PM, said:

I can see I am not only one missing REWARD for playing FL.

The rewards are still there. You still have main rewards, the tanks, and the rest of the rewards, credits, consumables, equipment and premium days from the Battle Pass progression. The main rewards were removed from the mode and Steel Hunter so players don't miss out or feel forced to play a mode they do not enjoy.

reesku #13 Posted 20 September 2021 - 03:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21716 battles

View PostDwigt, on 20 September 2021 - 03:16 PM, said:

The main rewards were removed from the mode and Steel Hunter so players don't miss out or feel forced to play a mode they do not enjoy.

How nice and thoughtful, why this doesn't apply to Ranked Battles though? :)

Ranked Battles always had the best rewards, with the strongest reward tanks, biggest amount of bonds and bond equipment - some of which is OP and not even available to purchase outside the mode. And Ranked Battles by far had the worst gaming experience of all of the mentioned modes, yet there we're still forced to participate even though almost everybody participating strongly dislikes the gaming experience there. And majority of the playerbase, about 98%, is excluded from it - not able to complete it fully.

Misago #14 Posted 20 September 2021 - 04:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23977 battles

View PostDwigt, on 20 September 2021 - 02:16 PM, said:

As Germia said in the video, ther Tier 9 addition is the biggest change this season so it makes sense to explain what you can do and how you can get more tier 9s if you don't have them in your garage.

The tier 9 addition did not change the mode or its core gameplay and mechanics. It added an additional layer of difficulty and diversity but the gameplay is still the same and I can assure you that your earnings (XP and credits) are still the same as many of you pointed out at the end of the first episode. You can decide to play in Tier 8s only, tech tree tanks only, shoot standard ammo only, that's up to you. 

The mode still gives a lot of XP and Credits and it can be very useful to unlock some Field modifications on your Tanks.

The rewards are still there. You still have main rewards, the tanks, and the rest of the rewards, credits, consumables, equipment and premium days from the Battle Pass progression. The main rewards were removed from the mode and Steel Hunter so players don't miss out or feel forced to play a mode they do not enjoy.

"Hey, we ruined the mode you did enjoy so we can quietly kill it." Thanks.

T9s don't make it more dynamic, or interesting, or anything positive. The entire point of the mode was the (somewhat) level playing field. On a large map, I could get some use out of my Superpershing, or level my stock Tiger 2, or play some tanks for fun. That goes out of the window when people who get a high off their damage numbers come in with their bond-equipped OP T9s and crush through the people just trying to have fun. Don't act like this is a big improvement that everyone wanted, rather than a cynical decision to make that stupid steel hunter mode seem appealing by comparison. Try taking a point with a platoon of Concept 1Bs with half gold load defending the point, then tell me how this game mode has improved.

I know its your job to sell the crap WG is peddling, but you could be less dishonest about it.

hipper101 #15 Posted 20 September 2021 - 04:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28458 battles

View PostDwigt, on 20 September 2021 - 03:16 PM, said:

Good Dwigt that ur here. Defend this -----------------> 

FL in 2018

How can u work for a company and see how rewards were reduced and still defend it? I worked for a few companies and when the job or product got shittier i just could not defend it anymore . But i got standards i guess and a lot of WG employees dont or CCs even for that matter. Just look at the pictures and rewards that were given for FREE i might add and now this FL ? What a BIG joke.

NOTICE:

How you get FREE gold & premieum TANKs for FREE back in the days and now ?

Edited by hipper101, 20 September 2021 - 04:20 PM.

Misago #16 Posted 20 September 2021 - 04:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23977 battles

View Posthipper101, on 20 September 2021 - 03:18 PM, said:

Good Dwigt that ur here. Defend this -----------------> 

FL in 2018

How can u work for a company and see how rewards were reduced and still defend it? I worked for a few companies and when the job or product got shittier i just could not defend it anymore . But i got standards i guess and a lot of WG employees dont or CCs even for that matter. Just look at the pictures and rewards that were given for FREE i might add and now this FL ? What a BIG joke.

NOTICE:

How you get FREE gold & premieum TANKs for FREE back in the days and now ?

Whats funny is that WG just promised the WoWs community that they are going to do better in many respects from now on. Hope one day the WoT community contributors have enough too and quit.

birimbao_1 #17 Posted 20 September 2021 - 05:05 PM

Field Marshal

• 38985 battles
  • [KA0S] KA0S

One of the main reasons people played FL in the past was the only tier 8 enviroment...  now WG destroyed that...   

Big map...  no gold spam...  nice credits and  rewards... now Tier 9 new meta has destroyed almost  all of that good stuff...  and WG  the rest...

Edited by birimbao_1, 20 September 2021 - 05:06 PM.

painless #18 Posted 20 September 2021 - 06:14 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 28202 battles
  • [__GG_] __GG_
didnt play a single game after t9 got included, and dont plan to.

L0rd_0f_War #19 Posted 20 September 2021 - 06:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14357 battles
  • [O-S-C] O-S-C

It was a lot of fun fighting more Concept 1Bs in my tech tree Tier 8 - T69... lol.

I am not against having Tier 9s in the mode, but it should be done in a more limited way. At this time, as soon as E spawn gets over run, even if A and C are not yet captured, everyone jumps into Tier 9s. So you barely have 5-8 mins of Tier 8 only gameplay. This is besides my full observations I have already noted elsewhere

View PostDwigt, on 20 September 2021 - 09:16 AM, said:

Dwight, buddy, Stop, please, get some help with this line of argument from corporate. Dedicated rewards were available to all for playing the mode, now the better rewards (more than half) are behind a paywall in the Battle Pass. So two people playing FL, one with Improved Pass and one without, get very different rewards. THAT WAS NOT HOW IT USED TO BE IN 2019 & 2020. So really, please don't make it seem like a huge favour to us that somehow BP is saving us from the grind.

laceleste #20 Posted 20 September 2021 - 07:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 62408 battles

As there are no bond rewards (or/and improved equipment/bounty equipment) to be gained by playing this mode, I will pass.

I acknowledge though that it's useful for earning credits and xp apart from grinding battle pass in addition to vehicle xp in order to unlock field modifications.

Good luck to all of you choosing to participate.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users