• 33070 battles
  • [FIPZD] FIPZD

Top tips for Frontline 2021:

1. Don't play it, it has zero (0) rewards

2. Don't use premium ammo

3. Don't use any big consumables

4. Don't buy anything related to Frontline with real money

5. Don't use any tier 9 tanks in Frontline

That's it, main tip is number one, as WG have totally and utterly ruined the once-so-much-fun Frontline game mode and experience. And still we have WG employee here telling us that we're actually wrong and WG has made the rewards even better - I mean, it's 2021, imagine some guy from some real company (Nike, Coca-Cola etc.) telling its customers that kind of BS... Possible only in (Bela)Russia. ™ 

_b_ #22 Posted 20 September 2021 - 08:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 63939 battles
  • [AL7F4] AL7F4
My top tip is load game, select random mode, press play and try to enjoy :)

vixu #23 Posted 20 September 2021 - 08:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 48938 battles
  • [CEZAR] CEZAR

View PostDwigt, on 20 September 2021 - 03:16 PM, said:

The mode still gives a lot of XP and Credits and it can be very useful to unlock some Field modifications on your Tanks.

Right. I stay corrected. This is actually a good point. 

ibrox3 #24 Posted 20 September 2021 - 09:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 82187 battles
  • [KUDOS] KUDOS

Just came here to confirm my understanding of the lack of rewards in Frontline, this time.
So I just played 1 battle made Major and made level 3 in one battle.

Fortunately I have a battle pass days free premium account, otherwise I would have spent 26mins earning 8000 credits!

Ah but I just made level 3 so that would have got me a few hundred thousand credits, right ?

Apparently not.

It got me Zero extra ....

Sure got a bit of XP - but I'm using my best tanks so that makes little difference.

The rewards, directives ?!

What ?

Who cares?

Mostly ones I do not use anyway.

Earns battle pass points ?

So what ?

I finish battle pass with weeks to spare anyway.

Now with tier 9 ruining the game play.

IF you think there is no difference Dwight perhaps you could always play your tier 8 vs Tier 9s and just enjoy getting wrecked....

A tier always makes a difference , not least of which , as we all know , it costs more to run Tier 9.....shock!

WG seems to be writing a book , Wrecking Your Own Game 101.

reesku #25 Posted 20 September 2021 - 10:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21862 battles

View Posthipper101, on 20 September 2021 - 04:18 PM, said:

How can u work for a company and see how rewards were reduced and still defend it? I worked for a few companies and when the job or product got shittier i just could not defend it anymore . But i got standards i guess and a lot of WG employees dont or CCs even for that matter. Just look at the pictures and rewards that were given for FREE i might add and now this FL ? What a BIG joke.

NOTICE:

How you get FREE gold & premieum TANKs for FREE back in the days and now ?

Well first of all the rewards were not for free, you had to invest a lot of time for that 2019 season, a lot of time to grind through all the stages, and a lot of people were complaining that it's too much grind. I remember how painful it was to catch up as I missed couple first episodes, and only for the last few they introduced special boosters.

And in all fairness regarding premium tanks now you have them available at any time through bond shop, much bigger selection than in Frontline 2019, so you can also get them "for free" just by playing the game, that's a great introduction which we shouldn't ignore.

rocannrol #26 Posted 20 September 2021 - 10:43 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 69315 battles
  • [TUC4N] TUC4N

Reward tanks are eliminated, credit benefits are reduced, I don't know what WG expects, but if motivation is removed, interest in playing this modality is eliminated. It is not difficult to understand.

bye fronline

Gremlin182 #27 Posted 20 September 2021 - 11:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76991 battles

Old style Frontline I had to play a lot of games over all three seasons I never got to the end stage in any of them.

Average player limited ammount of time I wanted to commit to it.

I then had to play Steel hunter and appart from the minor rewards that added up to a Char Futur.

Battlepass you get more rewards especially if you pay some gold and getting the reward tanks was more certain.

Have grabbed 2 so far and have I think 23 tokens at the moment so almost certain to get the final two if I want them or bonds I don't need.

I don't see how playing Frontline helps that much to getting the reward tanks.

I just played 2 games tonight one decent one appalingly bad and made it to stage 2 which I think gave me a few battlepass points.

Playing randoms you get more points in the same time span.

Credits probably a little more too.

I am just playing a few Frontline games because I find it enjoyable.

The only FL games I hate are when my team stalls on the first line of defences those are really boring low scoring games.

Both sides dig in and do very little till the game ends.

Mostly its ok

Adding tier 9 tanks was probably a bad idea if its permanent as it seems quite a few really dislike it and for some its seen as a selling point for tier 9 premiums.

Makes no difference to me It starts as an all tier 8 game and usually ends as an all or moslty tier 9 game.

Running costs of the tier 9s is higher so you make fewer credits but still do pretty well.

All depends what you want out of it, I want some fun gameplay don't need anything else from the mode.

I appreciate that some do.

You could always go back to all tier 8 Frontline and also have FL games for other tiers.

Lube_O_Clock #28 Posted 21 September 2021 - 12:12 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 545 battles

View Postgreatkill, on 20 September 2021 - 03:04 PM, said:

Honestly, with how things are now, I prefer Steel Hunter, which is pretty sad...

Come in! We accept you, make you one of us.

One of us! One of us! Gobble, gobble! One of us! One of us! Gobble, gobble!

SlyMeerkat #29 Posted 21 September 2021 - 12:17 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 28698 battles
  • [HAKOO] HAKOO
Tip 1, dont play it :)

Three_Rounds_Rapid #30 Posted 21 September 2021 - 06:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 55419 battles
  • [W__F] W__F

Well, now the rewards have been reduced or removed and T9's introduced, top five tips are basically:

1. Don't bother.

2. Don't bother.

3. Don't bother.

4. Don't bother

5. See tip 1.

I now look forward to being able to get the Ranked rewards without having being forced to play it as I dislike it and feel I'm missing out on rewards, as Dwight has stated this is WG's aim with the game modes....

ilmavarvas #31 Posted 21 September 2021 - 07:37 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 33070 battles
  • [FIPZD] FIPZD

View PostThree_Rounds_Rapid, on 21 September 2021 - 06:40 AM, said:

I now look forward to being able to get the Ranked rewards without having being forced to play it as I dislike it and feel I'm missing out on rewards, as Dwight has stated this is WG's aim with the game modes....

Same here, although I'm doing it wrong, as I really feel that I'm forced to play rankeds a lot to get the rewards. Stupid me. Why I just can't understand that in reality, I'm not forced to play to get the rewards and it's not a humongous grind? WG is right, as they always are, rankeds isn't forced grind, Frontline rewards are even better now than in 2019/2020 and you get more nice stuff from battle pass, even without money! *end of sarcasm*

grasho #32 Posted 21 September 2021 - 07:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 104132 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Frontline?  Tier 9s?  No rewards?

Veni, vidi, abibam…

RedJester #33 Posted 21 September 2021 - 08:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30167 battles

View PostDwigt, on 20 September 2021 - 02:16 PM, said:

The main rewards were removed from the mode and Steel Hunter so players don't miss out or feel forced to play a mode they do not enjoy.

How about you leave the "main rewards" in these modes and let us decide which of them we like to play? Isn't the likes of Battle Pass all about forcing us to play and pay? 

I know Frontlines was very popular, yes some hate it and think it is boring but the servers were never empty back in 2019. 

The reason the rewards were removed and the likes of Tank Rewards were removed and everything is being nerfed lately in terms of rewards is to FORCE US to play more and pay more, not least through the monetized Battle Pass. 
Those are the simple facts, Dwigt. :facepalm:

hipper101 #34 Posted 21 September 2021 - 10:00 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28661 battles

View Postreesku, on 20 September 2021 - 10:30 PM, said:

Well first of all the rewards were not for free, you had to invest a lot of time for that 2019 season, a lot of time to grind through all the stages, and a lot of people were complaining that it's too much grind. I remember how painful it was to catch up as I missed couple first episodes, and only for the last few they introduced special boosters.

And in all fairness regarding premium tanks now you have them available at any time through bond shop, much bigger selection than in Frontline 2019, so you can also get them "for free" just by playing the game, that's a great introduction which we shouldn't ignore.

Cant belive ur writing this. But you are one out of 100 people here defending this. 

Your arguments are like way off. As if you dont have to invest time into current FL ?`But investing time back in 2018 into FL did give you more rewards and the whole MODE was more fun to play as it was full T8 mode and you got more credits out of it then you do now.

Grinding bonds for bonds shop premium tanks is in your opinion better? Hoiw many people enjoy playing t10? How many can afford playing t10s? Oh yea we have premium T9s now that earn bonds ... Back in the day every tank could earn bonds and there were no limits to it . So yea in YOUR opinion its much better now but i say today you have to invest far more of your TIME to get something out of it as before. 

Tell me how can you even earn GOLD in game? Tournaments ? Hahaha ... 

Edited by hipper101, 21 September 2021 - 10:02 AM.

reesku #35 Posted 21 September 2021 - 11:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21862 battles

View Posthipper101, on 21 September 2021 - 10:00 AM, said:

Cant belive ur writing this. But you are one out of 100 people here defending this. 

Your arguments are like way off. As if you dont have to invest time into current FL ?`But investing time back in 2018 into FL did give you more rewards and the whole MODE was more fun to play as it was full T8 mode and you got more credits out of it then you do now.

Now since there are no dedicated rewards which are motivating enough you don't have to invest your time into Frontline at all if you don't like it, you can skip it and complete Battle Pass playing regular Randoms. If you do like the different gaming experience you can play and still earn decent amount of credits, personally I didn't noticed any difference in credit earnings now and back then, usually I was getting clear profit between 400-550k credits (with boosters ofc) and I still get same amount. Yes it's a little bit more difficult fighting against Tier 9's in your premiums but it's doable.

hipper101, on 21 September 2021 - 10:00 AM, said:

Grinding bonds for bonds shop premium tanks is in your opinion better? Hoiw many people enjoy playing t10? How many can afford playing t10s? Oh yea we have premium T9s now that earn bonds ... Back in the day every tank could earn bonds and there were no limits to it . So yea in YOUR opinion its much better now but i say today you have to invest far more of your TIME to get something out of it as before.

It's better in the way that you don't have dedicated time of the month where you have to play separate mode, sometimes you had real life commitments and you couldn't play on that week, people were complaining. With bonds there are different ways of earning them, not only playing Tier X's, for each Battle Pass Season now you get 3k bonds,  there are 3 Seasons a year so 9k bonds - that's one premium tank for approximately same duration as FL 2019. Just recently for the anniversary special you could get 3k bonds just for logging into the game on 3 days, maybe this year they bring back some bonds in the Well Deserved Rewards too, who knows. You have daily missions, even if you don't have Premium Account sometimes when you reroll mission with bonds pop up, and there's Epic reward for missions which gives you 100 bonds every time.

And back in the days yes every tank could earn bonds and there were no limits, but you were earning bonds only for Epic Medals and Battle Heroes achievements, and the lower the tier the less bonds it was, I don't want to be rude but you were not earning a lot of bonds that way. Now you only earn them with Tier X's yes, but it's the same system as Battle Pass points, all you have to do is be in top 10 in your team, so it's much easier.

hipper101, on 21 September 2021 - 10:00 AM, said:

Tell me how can you even earn GOLD in game? Tournaments ? Hahaha ...

Why should you be able to earn gold in the first place? It's premium currency for which people pay money, and you want to get it for free. You're forgetting that in the end WG is running a business here, not charity organization to please F2P players. they're not obligated to give you everything available for free - or rather for your time investment.

icyeagle92 #36 Posted 22 September 2021 - 09:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17437 battles
  • [GLASS] GLASS
Roll back changes and players will be happy. Fighting against T9's is just bothersome and reduces rewards, rewards that would need a boost to make it even worth your time. Even when losing you should at least make 100k profit with standard account with prem tanks. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users