Jump to content


why is there so many players saying the games rigged


  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

markynocarpy #1 Posted 26 September 2021 - 05:37 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 39865 battles
  • 109
  • [YA49] YA49
  • Member since:
    08-10-2011

Ever time you look on the chat box its full of the same comments about world of tanks rigging the games . When the game starts i head for the river or lake  making sure my backs up to it more so with artys as now the artys are more stun than kill . the higher the tiers the more they are reduced into nothing , so when the game starts going down hill fast if your in a tank head for the river lake or ( cliff ) drive off it /or into the the lakes or rivers . you do not get slapped with ( deserting ) then  /  Too many times my shells do not pen or go wild or that was near ? When know dam well my aim was spot on / then the other team start to kill every player off on your team /  So remember players pull this stunt on wg beat them at there own game

 



Nishi_Kinuyo #2 Posted 26 September 2021 - 05:52 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 13005 battles
  • 8,711
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

Because they're mad because they're bad.

Also, cognitive bias where they only see/remember the times it works against them.

 

Oh, and intentionally drowning yourself is a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

You drown because you think the battle is lost, and because you drown, the battle is usually lost instead of trying to make a difference.



DontRelyOnMe #3 Posted 26 September 2021 - 07:29 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1346 battles
  • 252
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    01-12-2019
One week it's arty, next week it's gold rounds, then it's repeat maps or matchmaking is against them. I wish more players were into learning from their mistakes instead of always blaming the made up thing they can't prove.

Orkbert #4 Posted 26 September 2021 - 08:00 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 33097 battles
  • 3,200
  • [ASSO] ASSO
  • Member since:
    08-29-2013

View Postmarkynocarpy, on 26 September 2021 - 05:37 PM, said:

 When the game starts i head for the river or lake  making sure my backs up to it more so with artys as now the artys are more stun than kill . the higher the tiers the more they are reduced into nothing , so when the game starts going down hill fast if your in a tank head for the river lake or ( cliff ) drive off it /or into the the lakes or rivers .

 

 

Now that explains the unimpressive win rate despite excessive sealclubbing.

 

Oh, and recently I did open a ticket about physics abuse for an especially annoying drowner, and that player did then have a mysterious three days pause from playing.

 

Just sayin'



Olias_0f_Sunhillow #5 Posted 26 September 2021 - 09:55 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 29208 battles
  • 4,402
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011
That's Yorkshire men for you, chickening out when the going gets tough. 

Gruff_ #6 Posted 26 September 2021 - 11:20 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 28904 battles
  • 3,934
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011

View Postmarkynocarpy, on 26 September 2021 - 04:37 PM, said:

Ever time you look on the chat box its full of the same comments about world of tanks rigging the games . When the game starts i head for the river or lake  making sure my backs up to it more so with artys as now the artys are more stun than kill . the higher the tiers the more they are reduced into nothing , so when the game starts going down hill fast if your in a tank head for the river lake or ( cliff ) drive off it /or into the the lakes or rivers . you do not get slapped with ( deserting ) then  /  Too many times my shells do not pen or go wild or that was near ? When know dam well my aim was spot on / then the other team start to kill every player off on your team /  So remember players pull this stunt on wg beat them at there own game

 


Moronic actions.



BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 27 September 2021 - 12:06 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28057 battles
  • 15,124
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View Postmarkynocarpy, on 26 September 2021 - 04:37 PM, said:

so when the game starts going down hill fast if your in a tank head for the river lake or ( cliff ) drive off it /or into the the lakes or rivers . you do not get slapped with ( deserting )

 

Excellent winning stategy....it explains the high peformance after nearly 40k games.



mpf1959 #8 Posted 27 September 2021 - 11:32 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 50764 battles
  • 5,377
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017

why is there so many players saying the games rigged

 

IMO it is that sometimes the way things happen makes it seem that way, a few seconds of rational thought aught to dispel those notions, it does with me, but with others it clearly don't, and they clearly believe that it is rigged!



Captain_Kremen0 #9 Posted 01 October 2021 - 10:06 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 46209 battles
  • 3,486
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostOlias_0f_Sunhillow, on 26 September 2021 - 08:55 PM, said:

That's Yorkshire men for you, chickening out when the going gets tough. 

Where men are men and sheep are careful.



_217_ #10 Posted 01 October 2021 - 11:20 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 30122 battles
  • 1,811
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-29-2017

View PostOlias_0f_Sunhillow, on 26 September 2021 - 09:55 PM, said:

That's Yorkshire men for you, chickening out when the going gets tough. 

 

Hmmmm, back in the good old days the Brigantes who used to hang around over there where quite a handfull for the then allmighty Romans, leading to the disappearance of the Ninth Legion and the building of Hadrians wall....what went wrong since then?



Dead_in_30_seconds #11 Posted 05 October 2021 - 09:37 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8379 battles
  • 778
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-07-2017

G'day y'all.

 

Been off the forums for quite a while, but it's nice to see some familiar names are still with us and still active.

Hi to those.

 

The 'rigging' question has been a constant topic for years now, and I confess, I have participated in the past.

 

I find the whole debate a little like trying to push fog uphill, but the aspect I find harder to fathom is this; If your monthly pay-check, like most employees of large companies, depends largely on net profit, and given that, as detailed in their patent, the mechanism for rigging clearly exists to encourage spend and to discourage players from leaving,  why the hell WOULDN'T they rig it? 



jabster #12 Posted 06 October 2021 - 10:10 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 13005 battles
  • 31,853
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostDead_in_30_seconds, on 05 October 2021 - 08:37 PM, said:

G'day y'all.

 

Been off the forums for quite a while, but it's nice to see some familiar names are still with us and still active.

Hi to those.

 

The 'rigging' question has been a constant topic for years now, and I confess, I have participated in the past.

 

I find the whole debate a little like trying to push fog uphill, but the aspect I find harder to fathom is this; If your monthly pay-check, like most employees of large companies, depends largely on net profit, and given that, as detailed in their patent, the mechanism for rigging clearly exists to encourage spend and to discourage players from leaving,  why the hell WOULDN'T they rig it? 

 

I dunno, why don't you steal from shops as that will save you money.



Marco_Is_Legend2019 #13 Posted 06 October 2021 - 10:59 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 333 battles
  • 1,631
  • Member since:
    02-17-2019

View Postjabster, on 06 October 2021 - 10:10 AM, said:

I dunno, why don't you steal from shops as that will save you money.

 

Are you comparing theft to leveraging some MM algorithm to influence purchase decisions for in game items?



jabster #14 Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:05 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 13005 battles
  • 31,853
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostMarco_Is_Legend2019, on 06 October 2021 - 09:59 AM, said:

 

Are you comparing theft to leveraging some MM algorithm to influence purchase decisions for in game items?


No, I’m questioning the part of why wouldn’t WG rig the game as though there’s no possible negative to it.



Dead_in_30_seconds #15 Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:05 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8379 battles
  • 778
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-07-2017

View Postjabster, on 06 October 2021 - 09:10 AM, said:

 

I dunno, why don't you steal from shops as that will save you money.

Point taken Jabster, and I was in no way 'justifying' the action, if that is indeed what they are doing.

The ability to do something for financial gain is not, in and of itself, an excusal for blatant profiteering.

 

My point was, if people think their run of bad games/teams/RNG outcomes are being manipulated, it's more likely to be for the reason I outlined, and not, as I've heard a lot of people say, some sort of 'let's pick on player x'.



jabster #16 Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:13 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 13005 battles
  • 31,853
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostDead_in_30_seconds, on 06 October 2021 - 10:05 AM, said:

Point taken Jabster, and I was in no way 'justifying' the action, if that is indeed what they are doing.

The ability to do something for financial gain is not, in and of itself, an excusal for blatant profiteering.

 

My point was, if people think their run of bad games/teams/RNG outcomes are being manipulated, it's more likely to be for the reason I outlined, and not, as I've heard a lot of people say, some sort of 'let's pick on player x'.

I think the most likely reason is people are more than capable of seeing things that aren’t there. For the MM you have a mixture of players who don’t understand probability/stats and just outright falsehoods vs. a number of looks at team balance pointing strongly to we all get the same team mates on average. There was also someone who looked at streaks of games and that didn’t point to game results being forced to a desired outcome.



Marco_Is_Legend2019 #17 Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:14 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 333 battles
  • 1,631
  • Member since:
    02-17-2019

View Postjabster, on 06 October 2021 - 11:05 AM, said:

No, I’m questioning the part of why wouldn’t WG rig the game as though there’s no possible negative to it.

 

So why use theft, a crime, as an example?



jabster #18 Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:18 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 13005 battles
  • 31,853
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostMarco_Is_Legend2019, on 06 October 2021 - 10:14 AM, said:

 

So why use theft, a crime, as an example?


Why not I suppose.



Marco_Is_Legend2019 #19 Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:23 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 333 battles
  • 1,631
  • Member since:
    02-17-2019

View Postjabster, on 06 October 2021 - 11:18 AM, said:

Why not I suppose.

 

Because a developer can if they so choose rig their MM algorithms and patent those as well to influence purchases. An individual on the other hand will get a fine and/or jail time if they caught stealing. Should be quite obvious, don't you think?



jabster #20 Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:29 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 13005 battles
  • 31,853
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostMarco_Is_Legend2019, on 06 October 2021 - 10:23 AM, said:

 

Because a developer can if they so choose rig their MM algorithms and patent those as well to influence purchases. An individual on the other hand will get a fine and/or jail time if they caught stealing. Should be quite obvious, don't you think?


Not really no as the point is many actions have both positive and negative consequences, rigging the game (without telling the players) to squeeze more money out of them has some real negative consequences.

 

If the claim was say why wouldn’t WG use borderline accounting to avoid taxes then that holds more weight as the consequences are at best minimally.

 

In a more abstract way it can thought of as P wants to make money; P doing X will make them money; there P does X.


Edited by jabster, 06 October 2021 - 11:43 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users