Return of the Waffenträger: How to Tame the Monster or Defeat the Squad

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 01 October 2021 - 04:01 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Get exclusive insights on the strengths and weaknesses of Max von Krieger and the Harrier squad from the colonel himself.

The full text of the news item

Phenix87 #2 Posted 01 October 2021 - 04:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28013 battles
  • [-D-W-] -D-W-

You forgot to mention the most important for the "E110":
- dont focus on win, focus on kill enemy tanks, cause it's better to lose with 20 kills than to win with 5

This means:

- the more the game last, the more chance to kill enemy tanks.
So dont go "all in", let them deliver plasma and so on, as long as you keep killing them

Edited by Phenix87, 01 October 2021 - 04:42 PM.

Samaliot33 #3 Posted 01 October 2021 - 05:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40929 battles
Just one question... Wtf is this? 

Shrewd_Ape_In_The_Mist #4 Posted 01 October 2021 - 06:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13489 battles
  • [UHH] UHH

View PostPhenix87, on 01 October 2021 - 03:41 PM, said:

You forgot to mention the most important for the "E110":
- dont focus on win, focus on kill enemy tanks, cause it's better to lose with 20 kills than to win with 5

This means:

- the more the game last, the more chance to kill enemy tanks.
So dont go "all in", let them deliver plasma and so on, as long as you keep killing them

They won't say anything like that because it'd reveal their bad gameplay design. 

Truntea #5 Posted 01 October 2021 - 07:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 1546 battles

View PostShrewd_Ape_In_The_Mist, on 01 October 2021 - 06:15 PM, said:

They won't say anything like that because it'd reveal their bad gameplay design. 

However that is nothing new from their side.

They don't want people to optimize the event, such that more actually get the prizes.

:B

Ze_Uber_Derper #6 Posted 01 October 2021 - 08:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29420 battles
  • [EU-UN] EU-UN

View PostShrewd_Ape_In_The_Mist, on 01 October 2021 - 06:15 PM, said:

I call it ill will; this does not come out like this by mistake, but by design.

gunslingerXXX #7 Posted 01 October 2021 - 08:39 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17482 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostZe_Uber_Derper, on 01 October 2021 - 08:20 PM, said:

I call it ill will; this does not come out like this by mistake, but by design.

I have the impression the guys setting the missions are in the financial department and are not involved in gameplay discussions. 

hipper101 #8 Posted 01 October 2021 - 08:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28458 battles
The major flaw in this game mode is that the guy who is taking the plasma to the plasma gen. is getting 0 for it. That damage that is done when the Waffeltrager gets his shiled knocked out should go to the guy who caped / returned the plasma / carried the plasma. Maybe some of that dmg should also go to the guys who helped him cap. 

3dk #9 Posted 01 October 2021 - 08:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44033 battles

all the weakness is in the failed design of this gamemode.

why not change it so that

- delivering plasma counts as damage

- farming the bots counts as less damage than hitting the bt (which is much riskier btw)

right now, people gamble on their teammates to do the objective so they can focus on farming damage for themselves.

meaning you either ride on someone's back and get harrier starters and stuff, or you carry your team and get absolutely nothing as reward.

the "best" solution is to be an a**hole and hope for some idiot to do the job for you while farming the same bots over and over.

and as many others have mentioned here before, it's frustrating and boring to play because of these easily fixed reasons!

Gremlin182 #10 Posted 01 October 2021 - 09:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75934 battles

Its a very frutrating game mode, players carrying plasma deal more damage is one problem.

Because thats what they do instead of knocking out a generator they just charge at the enemy and often thats the E100 and die.

Todays last game we had von krieger down to maybe one more shot but he managed to take out the 3 attacking him he got me just before I could fire that last shot.

The other 4 tanks were over the other side of the map killing the minor enemies and we ran out of time before they got back.

Scabolcz #11 Posted 01 October 2021 - 09:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24405 battles
  • [EB-PT] EB-PT
Man, this gamemode was so stupidly designed, it is almost impossible to loose as a WT E110... Not to mention when some generators literally spawn next to each other... Man who even balanced this thing 

hipper101 #12 Posted 01 October 2021 - 09:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28458 battles

View Post3dk, on 01 October 2021 - 08:53 PM, said:

all the weakness is in the failed design of this gamemode.

why not change it so that

- delivering plasma counts as damage

- farming the bots counts as less damage than hitting the bt (which is much riskier btw)

right now, people gamble on their teammates to do the objective so they can focus on farming damage for themselves.

meaning you either ride on someone's back and get harrier starters and stuff, or you carry your team and get absolutely nothing as reward.

the "best" solution is to be an a**hole and hope for some idiot to do the job for you while farming the same bots over and over.

and as many others have mentioned here before, it's frustrating and boring to play because of these easily fixed reasons!

Thats called progressive thinking and advanced design of missions and coding . That WG dont do. They do simple grind stuff easy coding and missions that reward doing dmg or win. :teethhappy:

HadurHun #13 Posted 02 October 2021 - 06:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 78317 battles
  • [HADUR] HADUR
yeah well queue is too long and i dont have that amount of time. reason, not many wt's

dareas #14 Posted 02 October 2021 - 07:53 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 20103 battles
  • [N112] N112

View PostHadurHun, on 02 October 2021 - 05:44 AM, said:

yeah well queue is too long and i dont have that amount of time. reason, not many wt's

No point in playing WT after you finish the missions, which take couple of hours.

I finished Harrier's missions too and tbh I don't see a reason to play this event anymore.

Karl_2930 #15 Posted 02 October 2021 - 08:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 52907 battles
  • [VKFS] VKFS

i find it takes too long to get in a game as a harrier wg needs to sort it maybe when no is playing the waffen use a bot version to ease the Q time 

Gremlin182 #16 Posted 02 October 2021 - 10:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75934 battles

There is probably an optimum way to play this game mode sadly when it started the only ones who knew it were those who designed it.

All very well spending weeks or months coming up with something and assuming the players will instantly know what to do.

Start positions there are 7 Harriers so naturally you begin with a group of 4 and another of 3 in different parts of the map,

was 4 and 4 a problem or all together at the start.

It seems you wipe out a group of enemy tanks which is fairly easy as long as you attack as a group.

The bot AI seems to get confused by multiple targets you can drive around shooting them and 2 maybe 3 shots to side or rear takes them out.

Now one of you is carrying plasma and thats where any plan goes out the window.

Sometimes the one with the plasma will just carry on attacking or even attack the WT

I thought the point was you all rush to a generator knock it out then beat up on the WT while shields are down rinse and repeat.

Seldom happens everyone does whatebver they want to and you run out of time.

You also get suicides and afk players who once the game turns against them just give up presumably to start another game quickly.

The WT game is fairly straightforward as you just need to farm damage.

There is always a shortage of keys needed to play the WT.

If you let anyone play the WT whenever they wanted to the queue system would maybe balance out.

There would be long waiting times to play WT so players would go harrier instead.

You very often gain almost nothing from a battle

All the things you get from random games don't happen you mostly get a few credits nothing compared to a random game,

Decals but you can only design so many original interesting decals and we are long past that point if I could put 10 decals on every tank I would have plenty left over and I have 350 tanks.

Earning points you can spend on what you wanted woould have been better.

You occasionally win keys have gained maybe 6 harrier keys and I think 2 engineer keys.

They were not worth the time and effort.

By the time we understand how to play the game mode it will be over.

Reward the one who picks up and carries the plasma reward them if they take out a generator.

Smaller rewards for those that help.

Right now it seems most games I have played you run around farming damage and hope someone wins the game for you.

Simona2k #17 Posted 02 October 2021 - 10:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7951 battles
  • [FOXZA] FOXZA
interesting

Ironman7789 #18 Posted 02 October 2021 - 12:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 47588 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 02 October 2021 - 09:47 AM, said:

There is probably an optimum way to play this game mode sadly when it started the only ones who knew it were those who designed it.

All very well spending weeks or months coming up with something and assuming the players will instantly know what to do.

Start positions there are 7 Harriers so naturally you begin with a group of 4 and another of 3 in different parts of the map,

was 4 and 4 a problem or all together at the start.

It seems you wipe out a group of enemy tanks which is fairly easy as long as you attack as a group.

The bot AI seems to get confused by multiple targets you can drive around shooting them and 2 maybe 3 shots to side or rear takes them out.

Now one of you is carrying plasma and thats where any plan goes out the window.

Sometimes the one with the plasma will just carry on attacking or even attack the WT

I thought the point was you all rush to a generator knock it out then beat up on the WT while shields are down rinse and repeat.

Seldom happens everyone does whatebver they want to and you run out of time.

You also get suicides and afk players who once the game turns against them just give up presumably to start another game quickly.

The WT game is fairly straightforward as you just need to farm damage.

There is always a shortage of keys needed to play the WT.

If you let anyone play the WT whenever they wanted to the queue system would maybe balance out.

There would be long waiting times to play WT so players would go harrier instead.

You very often gain almost nothing from a battle

All the things you get from random games don't happen you mostly get a few credits nothing compared to a random game,

Decals but you can only design so many original interesting decals and we are long past that point if I could put 10 decals on every tank I would have plenty left over and I have 350 tanks.

Earning points you can spend on what you wanted woould have been better.

You occasionally win keys have gained maybe 6 harrier keys and I think 2 engineer keys.

They were not worth the time and effort.

By the time we understand how to play the game mode it will be over.

Reward the one who picks up and carries the plasma reward them if they take out a generator.

Smaller rewards for those that help.

Right now it seems most games I have played you run around farming damage and hope someone wins the game for you.

Further to what you said, it is also laughable that playing in the WT a win always gives you 2 collection items. In harrier squad you have to drag yourself through broken glass and win just to get a meager one collection item… absolutely disgusting the way the “redesigned” the earning of them…

4queue #19 Posted 02 October 2021 - 01:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20826 battles
How do I even access this gameplay mode? I have no event tanks in my carousel, and I keep getting message about curfew try another server.

Sturmi_0545 #20 Posted 02 October 2021 - 04:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46133 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB
any info on the gate lootbox drop rates?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users