Farly new player keeps getting harrassed and insulted because my low stats

stats wn8 wn7 win ratio score

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

EvoAngel #1 Posted 03 October 2021 - 08:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7680 battles
Hey guys. I´m at 7k battles right now. recently got some tier ix and x´s and im really enjoying playing with them. Well... at least most of the mm´s. More recently and more often i keep getting harassed and insulted mid game because my rating. Everytime that happens the word "wn8" comes up. What confuses me is, and yes i know im not that great of a player, but with 5k battles my win ratio wat at 38%. 2k battles latter i managed to get to 46%. im still improving everyday but the more i play the worse it gets every day with the insults. Whats going on or what am i doing wrong?! It´skinda frustrating seeing that im improving but im treated as im getting worse everyday and really considering leaving this game and most of the times its no fun taking that all day long...

PeaceWalker1 #2 Posted 03 October 2021 - 10:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21609 battles
  • [-AOS] -AOS
I guess you aren that good of a player and some people get mad if they have to play with a dud. My advice would be to play lower tier battles instead. I mean, it is your decision, you can play whatever you want, but if you dont want want people to consider you a burden, then maybe stick to lower tiers.

Edited by PeaceWalker1, 03 October 2021 - 10:10 PM.

AmphetamineLogic #3 Posted 03 October 2021 - 10:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14085 battles

View PostEvoAngel, on 03 October 2021 - 07:57 PM, said:

Hey guys. I´m at 7k battles right now. recently got some tier ix and x´s and im really enjoying playing with them. Well... at least most of the mm´s. More recently and more often i keep getting harassed and insulted mid game because my rating. Everytime that happens the word "wn8" comes up. What confuses me is, and yes i know im not that great of a player, but with 5k battles my win ratio wat at 38%. 2k battles latter i managed to get to 46%. im still improving everyday but the more i play the worse it gets every day with the insults. Whats going on or what am i doing wrong?! It´skinda frustrating seeing that im improving but im treated as im getting worse everyday and really considering leaving this game and most of the times its no fun taking that all day long...

Turn off chat and only enable messages from your friends list. You will still get the canned messaged (e.g. defend cap)  but it will stop the toxic crap. Most of them are from those jplaying the game in their mother's basement in their underpants. They contribute nothing to the game. Ignore.

I really don't know why WG don't have chat turned off as the default setting. If some one wants to suffer the dregs of humanity for $h!t$ and giggles it should be a conscious choice.

Dramya #4 Posted 03 October 2021 - 10:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22308 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

View PostEvoAngel, on 03 October 2021 - 09:57 PM, said:

To be brutally honest with you, you are not very good at this game (yet). This however should never lead to abuse, but sadly this happens quite often. More often then not the most vehement abusers are themselves not very good players, maybe a bit more experienced then you but nothing more. Sadly a lot of them fail to see that they themselves are not very good, and blame everyone else for their bad games instead of taking some responsibility on themselves. This will never change, people will be people, and the best thing you can do is to just ignore them because you cannot learn anything useful from them.

You are already making a great stride with acknowledging the fact that you need improvement. Only by owning our own mistakes can we learn from them.

Also, disabling chat or PM is not the way to go. It may be great to stop the most abuse, but it will also stop the occasional nice message you might want to get. Sometimes ingame chat can give good intell too, it might not happen often but it happens.

13_BlackCat #5 Posted 04 October 2021 - 08:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12386 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostEvoAngel, on 03 October 2021 - 08:57 PM, said:

I remember when I first started playing this game, I was clueless, afraid and didn't really know how I was supposed to play.

With only a few battles of experience, I was receiving rude messages from Toxic Players, even at low TIER !

I'm afraid that this happens to almost all of us, can't really understand the mentality of these players, I mean it's only a game.

So I decided to do the best thing and I disabled the chat, enabled to only receive messages from my friends list, I also enabled anonymizer for battles.

You will slowly learn and improve, but always have one thing in mind, don't forget to have fun, this is a game not exams for university.

AmphetamineLogic #6 Posted 04 October 2021 - 09:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14085 battles

View PostDramya, on 03 October 2021 - 09:50 PM, said:

Also, disabling chat or PM is not the way to go. It may be great to stop the most abuse, but it will also stop the occasional nice message you might want to get. Sometimes ingame chat can give good intell too, it might not happen often but it happens.

I too thought this when I started, in fact my first few posts on the forum contained exactly this point of view. I do miss the "GG" messages.

But sadly, the trash messages far outweighed the good and I changed my mind on the matter based on experience. Once the canned messages were introduced, most in-game tactical information can be communicated by them making free form messages mostly moot, and evidence of players either not paying attention or dead. (I've long been a proponent of disabling chat once a tank is dead. Dead commanders can't talk.)

And I've never received any of the "mythical" useful advice messages in the garage that are put forward sometimes as a reason to keep that on. They are always either predictions of a biopsy test result, or suggestions on saving hard drive space. I don't need some random stranger on the internet for that.

Gremlin182 #7 Posted 04 October 2021 - 09:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75934 battles

Some players just need someone or something to blame when a game is lost, makes them feel better I guess.

I defuse them with humour maybe it doesnt always work but If I am going to get yelled at by someone online I might as well get a laugh out of it.

Had one player message me after game he was typing in a mixture of English and Spanish.

I thanked him for his compliments but said I really didnt think I did anything special.

I had 3 or 4 more posts getting more and more angry and gradually becoming very insulting he was now in full Spanish but I used a translator program and got the idea.

Finally I appologied and said I am sorry but I do not understand Italian wished him well.

Then his anger went to a whole new level as he told me he was using Spanish.

There were 3 more messages in the morning he had spent the best part of 3 hours yelling at me, not heard from him since.

Edited by Gremlin182, 04 October 2021 - 09:17 AM.

jack_timber #8 Posted 04 October 2021 - 10:18 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51542 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostEvoAngel, on 03 October 2021 - 07:57 PM, said:

Be like myself play whatever tier you want when you want, I personally couldn't give 2 monkeys as to what others say or think. 

If that doesn't work turn off chat ;)

Kagey_8_8_8 #9 Posted Today, 10:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17423 battles

Good advice here already -  for newbies I'd seriously suggest turning off ALL messaging: in-game chat as well as post-game messaging.  The abuse I've experienced here has been the worst I've seen anywhere and it's inexcusable.  I don't believe there's much good advice comes over in the chat at all and for a newbie either:

1) They won't be able to discriminate between what is good advice and what is bad advice so it just becomes a distraction

2) Whether it's good or bad, they will probably not fully understand how to best implement any advice anyway...

And as for messaging after the game, it's been so rare to have a sensible conversation (maybe only a half dozen in 15k games?) that it's just not worth it.  More likely it's the abuse from opposition because you played well, or your own team because you didn't play the way they wanted you to...  It's just worthless...

Also tagged with stats, wn8, wn7, win ratio, score

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users