Here is why the WoT shop offers are silly (nicely put)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

FizzlePopBerryTwist #1 Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34216 battles
  • [FIM] FIM

... and one more time, since warga*mings site ate my first post:

Your offer of a tank i already have! (for years!)

Could someone else get this... -nope!

Perhaps i could gift it to a...

Special offers we CAN'T USE.

How about OFFERING THEM ON RELEASE! (for your 'prime audience/customers)**

How about ALLOW GIFTS**

How about OFFER THEM EVERYONE**

How about DO NOT OFFER THEM AT ALL (if you own it already)**

You LITERALLY give us 'special offers' we CAN NOT POSSIBLE USE........ special indeed!

And how about HIRE ME ALREADY since I am > better than your 'Designers'. So many glaring issues in your so-called 'logic' its baffling! (or hire this bad boy, works too)

**So far my suggestions were for free, but hey- you don't like freebies so i demand payment if you use EITHER of those :))

Joke's on you ♥

Edited by FizzlePopBerryTwist, 13 October 2021 - 10:27 PM.

Captain_Kremen0 #2 Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:21 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 46258 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--
not....like you being a dufus and pressing delete or anything?

_217_ #3 Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30196 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I'm not entirely sure but i get the feeling that the title of the thread and it's content are not really matching. The title promises a nice, juicy rant about the premium shop and the content....well, it's kind of disapointing. But it could be me simply not understanding the message hidden between the lines ofc...because, there is one? Yes?

Oh wait, it's corrected now. Yep, it's a rant.

Edited by _217_, 13 October 2021 - 10:32 PM.

Uh_Oh_ #4 Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8659 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I find not going to the Shop helps

FizzlePopBerryTwist #5 Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34216 battles
  • [FIM] FIM

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 13 October 2021 - 09:21 PM, said:

not....like you being a dufus and pressing delete or anything?

up your exhaust pipe :)

No Delete Button (another stroke of genius -presented by WG!)

Also retyped it quickly- just for you! ♥ much love!

21:33 Added after 2 minute

View Post_217_, on 13 October 2021 - 09:28 PM, said:

I'm not entirely sure but i get the feeling that the title of the thread and it's content are not really matching. The title promises a nice, juicy rant about the premium shop and the content....well, it's kind of disapointing. But it could be me simply not understanding the message hidden between the lines ofc...because, there is one? Yes?

I just retyped it- perhaps you clicked a second too early. That 'auto save' feature did not work and the site just f ate my post...  (usually i use CTRL C before sending anything, except now lol) 

ps Lost some of its juiciness too- blame wg<.< again

21:40 Added after 9 minute

View PostUh_Oh_, on 13 October 2021 - 09:28 PM, said:

I find not going to the Shop helps

This is what wargaming is trying to achieve.

Limited time offers. Removing decent tanks. Offering tanks for a fake discount only to inflate the price

Those 14 days are 7.35€ of those 20.95€ (that' exactly 1/3)

- 30% off?? no! __ that's +30%!!

(but to be fair: i couldn't buy it anyway because - SEE ABOVE!!!) ^^

Edited by FizzlePopBerryTwist, 13 October 2021 - 10:46 PM.

Gremlin182 #6 Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75938 battles

To be fair the shop and the way they sell tanks can be frustrating.

I understand that you want to limit the numbers of some tanks in game and preserve the rarity of some others.

New tanks will come as a bundle and you will put a discount on that bundle.

Trouble is there are tanks I want to buy but they are not for sale in the store or in game for gold.

I have had 5 or 6 30% discount coupons so far this year and was able to use one of them.

Why not let us use discount coupons but do not let discounts stack.

So assume there is a tank bundle in the store with a 20% discount let me use the coupon and just increase the discount by another 10%.

Its just that I have most premium tanks in my garage thats what happens after 9 years I have won or bought most of them.

I certainly have every tank in the store save one, I rented a VK 45-03 a while back and its in the store for me at 20% off.

Trouble is its not a good tank, I am after the Panther Mit 88 a medium tank with the same gun but one tier higher.

Same pen but more damage and dpm.

I cannot make sense of the decision to structure the store to discourage people who want to spend.

I could have used the 30% discount on the lowest priced item in the store which was under £1 but could not use it on something costing  much more.

Don't actually need anything else for the game I have Premium time gold and lots of premium tanks but I am still happy to give you money for tanks I do not have even if I don't actually need them.

Edited by Gremlin182, 13 October 2021 - 11:00 PM.

_217_ #7 Posted 14 October 2021 - 06:23 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30196 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I was able to buy a year of premium time with a 20% discount coupon and i think that is good value for money. For the rest i must say WG does their very best NOT to let me spent money on their game.

I think most of the tier 8 premium tanks are way to expensive to begin with. I got my E25 as a gift but personally i'm not willing to go over € 25 for an add-on on a game. Besides that, most "offers" are inflated with stuff i'm not willing to pay for at all or that i don't need. 

The discount coupons i frequently receive are useable on a very limited number of items and apart from the premium time never on something i want or need.

And then there's the special ingame offers, where i can spent € 12 or so on some premium time i don't need, gold i don't need and credits i can get for free.

I guess the store, pricing and marketing must be a succes for WG (if not, why do it this way) but it is the best way for me to control my spending :D

Edited by _217_, 14 October 2021 - 06:25 AM.

L3gionaire #8 Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 32936 battles
  • [S-R-R] S-R-R
Moved to Off topic

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users