Jump to content


Does the accuracy stat of a vehicle count beyond 2 decimals?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

StronkiTonki #1 Posted 14 October 2021 - 08:38 AM

    Colonel

  • Clan Commander
  • 41667 battles
  • 3,596
  • [T0AST] T0AST
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

Reason I'm asking this is because on my AMX CDC, I'm running food, BIA and a bounty aiming unit.

Accuracy goes down to 0,28.

However, if I were to "increase" the accuracy even further with field mods, Improved Sight, the accuracy stays on 0,28.

It does the same thing on tanks.gg, so I know it's not a visual bug.

 

Does this simply mean the % is not high enough to make any changes to the accuracy, so that it means it's totally useless to equip? Or are there third decimal numbers being changed? Where the accuracy for example might change from 0,279 to 0,276, but is in both cases still rounded up to 0,28 on the stats display?



Richthoffen #2 Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:20 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 36394 battles
  • 3,212
  • [MS-] MS-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2011
the smaller the numbers the smaller the change will be if you shave off 2-5% so it will be hardly noticeable.

StronkiTonki #3 Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:25 AM

    Colonel

  • Clan Commander
  • 41667 battles
  • 3,596
  • [T0AST] T0AST
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostRichthoffen, on 14 October 2021 - 08:20 AM, said:

the smaller the numbers the smaller the change will be if you shave off 2-5% so it will be hardly noticeable.

 

I know how percentages work. But that doesn't really answer my question.

On other tanks I've had field mods improve the accuracy by 0,01, which is worth it for me. That's why I'm asking if someone knows if there's some third decimal shenanigans going on that isn't displayed on the stat display.



Geno1isme #4 Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:28 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 51617 battles
  • 13,781
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

View PostStronkiTonki, on 14 October 2021 - 09:38 AM, said:

It does the same thing on tanks.gg, so I know it's not a visual bug.

 

Does this simply mean the % is not high enough to make any changes to the accuracy, so that it means it's totally useless to equip? Or are there third decimal numbers being changed? Where the accuracy for example might change from 0,279 to 0,276, but is in both cases still rounded up to 0,28 on the stats display?

On tanks.gg you can adjust the number of decimal digits up to 4 in the settings (gears icon in the top right corner). In your example, improved sight improves dispersion by 0.0056, in other words 5.6 millimeters per 100m or 2.8 centimeters at 500m. That's probably like a quarter of a pixel.

The game also considers the actual value, not the displayed rounded value (can easily be verified by combining multiple effects that by themselves would not affect the displayed numbers). But as implied above, for any stats affected by RNG the effect won't even be measurable.


Edited by Geno1isme, 14 October 2021 - 09:33 AM.


Slyspy #5 Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:35 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 15892 battles
  • 19,451
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011
Many of the bonuses available through various means either have less impact than you would expect or have very little actual impact. But people love those numbers and will play and spend to get them, even if they can be insignificant. In terms of online games WoT far from not alone in this.

StronkiTonki #6 Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:49 AM

    Colonel

  • Clan Commander
  • 41667 battles
  • 3,596
  • [T0AST] T0AST
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostGeno1isme, on 14 October 2021 - 08:28 AM, said:

On tanks.gg you can adjust the number of decimal digits up to 4 in the settings (gears icon in the top right corner). In your example, improved sight improves dispersion by 0.0056, in other words 5.6 millimeters per 100m or 2.8 centimeters at 500m. That's probably like a quarter of a pixel.

The game also considers the actual value, not the displayed rounded value (can easily be verified by combining multiple effects that by themselves would not affect the displayed numbers). But as implied above, for any stats affected by RNG the effect won't even be measurable.

 

Thanks! This is exactly the answer I was looking for!

Also, I was unaware of the option of more deicmals on tanks.gg. I'll definitely use that feature from now on.

Cheers!

 

For mods: Topic can be closed, as my question has been answered. :great:



guinty1 #7 Posted 14 October 2021 - 03:07 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 40441 battles
  • 378
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011

View PostStronkiTonki, on 14 October 2021 - 08:49 AM, said:

 

Thanks! This is exactly the answer I was looking for!

Also, I was unaware of the option of more deicmals on tanks.gg. I'll definitely use that feature from now on.

Cheers!

 

For mods: Topic can be closed, as my question has been answered. :great:

 

 

 

[edited]


Edited by L3gionaire, 15 October 2021 - 03:11 PM.
Do not discuss moderation


azakow #8 Posted 14 October 2021 - 03:42 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 96891 battles
  • 6,258
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostGeno1isme, on 14 October 2021 - 09:28 AM, said:

On tanks.gg you can adjust the number of decimal digits up to 4 in the settings (gears icon in the top right corner). In your example, improved sight improves dispersion by 0.0056, in other words 5.6 millimeters per 100m or 2.8 centimeters at 500m. That's probably like a quarter of a pixel.

The game also considers the actual value, not the displayed rounded value (can easily be verified by combining multiple effects that by themselves would not affect the displayed numbers). But as implied above, for any stats affected by RNG the effect won't even be measurable.

Serb would consider this expert accountant talk ;)


Edited by azakow, 14 October 2021 - 03:51 PM.


Dava_117 #9 Posted 14 October 2021 - 03:54 PM

    General

  • Moderator
  • 27063 battles
  • 8,022
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

As asked by the OP, I closed this thread.

Have a nice day.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users