• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

NUKLEAR_SLUG #21 Posted 15 October 2021 - 11:17 AM

General

• Player
  • 42802 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDerek013, on 15 October 2021 - 08:10 AM, said:

SSDs have a finite number of Write cycles but infinite Read cycles, meaning after you have written data to it a set number of times, it will die, not only that its not like SSDs just drop dead one day because you exceeded their finite writes, they gradually become slower and slower the more writes you perform on them

Firstly, an SSD has a finite number of writes, but unless you're running a database off your machine that's constantly being read/written to there's no way you're going to generate the write volume necessary to degrade your drive over any relevant time frame. For a consumer level machine that SSD of yours likely has an effective lifespan that exceeds your own.

Secondly, SSD write speed is only going to be affected if you fill it to the brim. Otherwise with it's inbuilt wear-levelling functions it'll take care of itself. Read speed isn't affected. 

TL;DR

Stop fretting about your SSD, it'll be obsolete long before you ever manage to degrade it through normal use. 

Derek013 #22 Posted 15 October 2021 - 03:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23387 battles
  • [_FAKE] _FAKE
Hey, so I haven't been able to get a replay where the 6th Sense definitely bugged out, but if you read my original post back, in the 2nd half I mentioned that this may be connected to another bug where the commander doesn't say the 'damage done' line, I have a replay where this bug occurred. I know this isnt the main concern, but still I feel like this builds the legitimacy of my claim so posting it here

Edit3 (updating link): http://wotreplays.eu...74a02e68488130a

The main 6th sense bug replay is coming, it might take a day or two, or longer, but Ideally I want to post a replay where there is no doubt that I wasn't perma-spotted or something like that, so be patient, I'll post asap.

Edit: the commander 'damage done' missing audio bug happens at the end of the battle ~10:45 in game clock. It happens after I shoot the edit2: T49 and do damage, but because another of my team mates immediately shot and killed the Sheridan the commander didn't say the 'damage done' dialogue, just as I mentioned in my original post

Edited by Derek013, 19 October 2021 - 07:08 AM.

MeetriX #23 Posted 15 October 2021 - 07:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38454 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostDerek013, on 15 October 2021 - 09:10 AM, said:

SSDs have a finite number of Write cycles but infinite Read cycles, meaning after you have written data to it a set number of times, it will die, not only that its not like SSDs just drop dead one day because you exceeded their finite writes, they gradually become slower and slower the more writes you perform on them

SSDs have more cycles than HDDs.

Nishi_Kinuyo #24 Posted 18 October 2021 - 04:59 PM

General

• Player
  • 13162 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostDerek013, on 15 October 2021 - 06:57 AM, said:

I dont have replays on cause I dont want to reduce the life of my SSD for GBs of useless replays, but sure, just for you I will turn them on and get back to you

Oh no, not the 25GiB of replays for your entire account total since you started playing in 2013.

Yes, replay files are that small; only around 1-1½MiB for most battles.

And no, SSDs don't wear out anywhere near that fast, not for the past 10+ years anyhow.

So by the time your SSD's lifespan is towards its end, I'd sincerely hope you've maneged to scrape together a few dozen quid for a replacement.

Anyhow; a replay file is still the best way of showing a bug, since bugs are usually hard to replicate reliably.

It also lets others see exactly what situation the bug was occurring in.

Derek013

but still I feel like this builds the legitimacy of my claim so posting it here

http://wotreplays.eu...ek013-type_59_g

I got a slight issue with the website saying the replay doesn't exist.

Did you set it to "secret"? If so, you'll need to copy a different link.

Derek013 #25 Posted 19 October 2021 - 07:00 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23387 battles
  • [_FAKE] _FAKE
Hey, sorry, I thought that link would work, thanks for pointing it out. Here's the "secret" link, this should work.

http://wotreplays.eu...74a02e68488130a

Also, mod deleted a comment I made saying that I need to stay on topic, so I'm just not going to talk about anything other than the game, thanks.

mihari #26 Posted 19 October 2021 - 07:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26229 battles
  • [M-H-F] M-H-F

Here is another gameplay with the same bug...

http://wotreplays.eu/site/6047933#steppes-mihari-rhm_-borsig_waffentr_ger

There is enough time after I get 1st shot to get destroyed by different tanks while 6th sense should have been activated...

Nishi_Kinuyo #27 Posted 19 October 2021 - 10:28 PM

General

• Player
  • 13162 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostDerek013, on 19 October 2021 - 07:00 AM, said:

Hey, sorry, I thought that link would work, thanks for pointing it out. Here's the "secret" link, this should work.

http://wotreplays.eu...74a02e68488130a

Also, mod deleted a comment I made saying that I need to stay on topic, so I'm just not going to talk about anything other than the game, thanks.

Well for this particular battle, that last shot of your's against the VK100.01(P)... you didn't do damage, so your commander has no reason to say anything.

Spoiler

You bounce the VK100.01(P) with your first shot at him, and after firing your second shot, the VK100.01(P) on your own team kills him before your shall can land.

The in-game damage log doesn't list you doing damage, nor does the replay file.

The VK100.01(P) had 89 hitpoints remaining before it got killed.

View Postmihari, on 19 October 2021 - 07:28 PM, said:

There is enough time after I get 1st shot to get destroyed by different tanks while 6th sense should have been activated...

The second one... curious.

Had to let it play a few times, since the first time I definitely didn't hear the sound either, but that might've been an issue with my settings (was set to variant 1 rather than user sound).

The sixth sense icon did pop-up that time which made the issue more glaring.

Furthermore, in the settings I couldn't hear any of the commander/sixthsense/artasense sound previews anymore either (although I could chalk that up to replay engine issues, of which there are several).

After restarting the replay and fixing my settings, it did play the sound.

A third check, setting the sixth sense sound back to variant 1 failed to produce the expected audio clue when sixth sense got triggered.

So I think there might indeed be an issue with the two sixth sense sounds provided by the game.

If you're using a custom sound for sixth sense, please check if it works.

mihari #28 Posted 20 October 2021 - 06:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26229 battles
  • [M-H-F] M-H-F

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 19 October 2021 - 09:28 PM, said:

So I think there might indeed be an issue with the two sixth sense sounds provided by the game.

If you're using a custom sound for sixth sense, please check if it works.

I have a custom sound for 6th sense, but voice over is what the commander came with.

In my game neither icon nor sound came up...

I will keep looking for further occurrences.

Cheers

Derek013 #29 Posted 20 October 2021 - 01:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23387 battles
  • [_FAKE] _FAKE

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 19 October 2021 - 09:28 PM, said:

Well for this particular battle, that last shot of your's against the VK100.01(P)... you didn't do damage, so your commander has no reason to say anything.

my last shot was on the T49, check again.

Derek013 #30 Posted 20 October 2021 - 01:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23387 battles
  • [_FAKE] _FAKE

View Postmihari, on 19 October 2021 - 06:28 PM, said:

I dont see any issue here? the sixth sense audio and bulb showed up for me, I dont use any mods. But if you and other guy sees an issue, then maybe its somehow hardware related???

Gruff_ #31 Posted 20 October 2021 - 02:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 29035 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postmihari, on 19 October 2021 - 06:28 PM, said:

The 6th sense bulb activated after you shot around 12.29 the sound is there also but perhaps you missed it as you get shot at the same time and the noise somewhat drowns it out.

I noticed you are running mods to get the x24 and x30 zoom levels, there is perhaps a conflict in there if you have a custom sound file, you can run a check and repair function from the game launcher, play some games in safe mode without mods also to see if that remedies the sound not playing at your end.

Derek013 #32 Posted 25 October 2021 - 10:52 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23387 battles
  • [_FAKE] _FAKE
quick question to anyone who may know this with 100% certainty, does 6th sense not work when you die?
for eg. if I am 1 shot, and then I get spotted and killed, will 6th sense still go off if I die before it goes off?

cause I know for a fact that in older versions of the game the 6th sense did infact worked even if you died, I just want to know if this was ever changed.

Also tagged with bug, sixth, sense, issue, fix, broken, 6th, 6th sense, sixth sense, breaking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users