• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Dwigt #1 Posted 22 October 2021 - 09:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • 2537 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Commanders,

The Tier X of the American Yoh Company branch, the M-V-Y heavy tank is coming to the Supertest soon.

M-V-Y__ EN Edited.jpg

M-V-Y is the top vehicle of the Yoh branch, featuring the new reserve track mechanic. Starting from Tier VII, these vehicles have an additional track attached to the main one. This allows the vehicles of the Yoh branch to continue moving (although at a reduced speed) even if both main tracks are destroyed.

The top vehicle is coming to the Supertest with two guns—105 mm and 120 mm. The first gun is more accurate and has higher damage per minute, while the second one has higher damage per shot. Testing will show which gun will be in the final configuration when the branch is released.

The 105 mm gun causes 360 damage per shot. Penetration of the main APCR shell is 268 mm, and the special HEAT shell has 315 mm of penetration. The gun has as accuracy of 0.35, aiming time of 2 s, and reload time of 7.8 s.

The 120 mm gun causes 440 damage per shot. Penetration of the main AP shell is 252 mm, and the special HEAT shell has 300 mm of penetration. The gun has an accuracy of 0.38, aiming time of 2.5 s, and reload time of 10.5 s.

The vehicle's frontal armor reaches 355 mm in the turret area. Its durability is 2,200 HP. The vehicle has a specific power of 18.4 h.p./t which enables it to reach speeds of up to 40 km/h and a reverse speed of 15 km/h.
The M-V-Y is a heavy tank whose decent gun depression/elevation angles and armored turret help it take advantage of terrain irregularities. Its new reserve track mechanics allows for increased survivability even if the enemy is trying to immobilize you, giving you new tactical options on the battlefield.

Additional Stats and Screenshots 

Provide us with additional feedback using the survey linkhttps://forms.office.com/r/0eTVr5bnwd

Want to earn some premium days? Let's put your positive creativity to the test and the best comparison of the M-V-Y looks gets a small prize ;) !

Take care and Roll out!

Edited by Dwigt, 26 October 2021 - 02:50 PM.
Reverse speed in the asset was corrected from 25 to 15 km/h

saxsan4 #2 Posted 22 October 2021 - 11:41 AM

General

• Player
  • 32684 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

YAY thank you so much Dwight for showing this i was sad no new supertest yay I am so happy 

this LOOKS SO GOOD

Edited by saxsan4, 22 October 2021 - 11:41 AM.

leggasiini #3 Posted 22 October 2021 - 12:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20890 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

360 alpha on a tier 10 heavy is pretty interesting, but the gun itself doesn't seem very good. 2.3 sec aim time and 0.16 movement dispersion is bad when you consider how low the alpha actually is. At least it's unique, and I always found it a bit odd that WG never experimented with a tier 10 heavy with a 105 mm and sub-400 alpha before.

The 120 mm seems like a better gun, but not by that much, and it's probably some of the most uninteresting guns i've ever seen. It has alright DPM, but average alpha, mediocre gun handling and sub-par penetration. If I were going to use the 120 mm, I'd probably rather play many other tier 10 heavies like Super Conqueror, E5, Kranvagn or Vz. 55.

Turret armor looks ridiculous, but from what I remember from the video a month ago, it has a potential, prominent weakspot on top, so it might not as be as invincible as it seems. Mobility seems solid, not heavium levels of good but comfortable, and that reverse speed is very nice.

It doesn't look too unique outside of the gimmick and how it looks (holy damn the tank is ugly as hell lmao), seems like yet another basic hulldown heavy, but at least it's not a basic hulldown heavy with an autoloader. I'll probably still get it eventually once it appears, just because how beautifully ugly it is, but I'm definitely not as excited as with Czech, Italian or Polish heavies.

still sad that you prioritized these over the Japanese TDs :/

Edited by leggasiini, 22 October 2021 - 12:05 PM.

xx984 #4 Posted 22 October 2021 - 01:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 74699 battles

View Postleggasiini, on 22 October 2021 - 11:04 AM, said:

360 alpha on a tier 10 heavy is pretty interesting, but the gun itself doesn't seem very good. 2.3 sec aim time and 0.16 movement dispersion is bad when you consider how low the alpha actually is. At least it's unique, and I always found it a bit odd that WG never experimented with a tier 10 heavy with a 105 mm and sub-400 alpha before.

The 120 mm seems like a better gun, but not by that much, and it's probably some of the most uninteresting guns i've ever seen. It has alright DPM, but average alpha, mediocre gun handling and sub-par penetration. If I were going to use the 120 mm, I'd probably rather play many other tier 10 heavies like Super Conqueror, E5, Kranvagn or Vz. 55.

Turret armor looks ridiculous, but from what I remember from the video a month ago, it has a potential, prominent weakspot on top, so it might not as be as invincible as it seems. Mobility seems solid, not heavium levels of good but comfortable, and that reverse speed is very nice.

It doesn't look too unique outside of the gimmick and how it looks (holy damn the tank is ugly as hell lmao), seems like yet another basic hulldown heavy, but at least it's not a basic hulldown heavy with an autoloader. I'll probably still get it eventually once it appears, just because how beautifully ugly it is, but I'm definitely not as excited as with Czech, Italian or Polish heavies.

Speaking of weak spots, I’m pretty sure the bits holding the turret up would be weak spots also

GrimDonut #5 Posted 22 October 2021 - 01:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6409 battles
This is great...WG took one of the most ridiculous and annoying features of the Ebolamobiles and is expanding it to heavy tanks...inability to track them..thanks WG. Add this to a tank that has good gun depression and all you can see over the hill is a tiny turret. This may be game over for WG if this comes into the game anything like it looks in Dez's video. I just don't understand why WG is intent on destroying it's own game.

Dwigt #6 Posted 22 October 2021 - 02:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • 2537 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postxx984, on 22 October 2021 - 01:40 PM, said:

Speaking of weak spots, I’m pretty sure the bits holding the turret up would be weak spots also

View PostIshouldBworkin, on 22 October 2021 - 01:56 PM, said:

This is great...WG took one of the most ridiculous and annoying features of the Ebolamobiles and is expanding it to heavy tanks...inability to track them..thanks WG. Add this to a tank that has good gun depression and all you can see over the hill is a tiny turret. This may be game over for WG if this comes into the game anything like it looks in Dez's video. I just don't understand why WG is intent on destroying it's own game.

The tanks can still be tracked in one shell and would suffer from a reduced speed.

The Turret holders are a weakspot if I'm not wrong

saxsan4 #7 Posted 22 October 2021 - 03:37 PM

General

• Player
  • 32684 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

I will use 105mm small gun I LOVE IT

Please can we have a tier 10 light with 280 dmg per shot 90mm please please Dwight

Scorpion 90 UK Tier 10 Light tank with 280 dmg per shot, high DPM would be like this , unique and fun

This tank looks SO SEXY I just finished gym and remember this is coming now I am SO HAPPY

Dava_117 #8 Posted 22 October 2021 - 07:07 PM

General

• 27375 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I join the 105mm fun club. It feels far more interesting and playable. I like it get some real weak spots that require you to move and wriggle during reloads. 

I have the feeling the actual armour of those weak spots along with the spare track mechanics can make this tank balance or OP, since the other stats looks ok to me.

The tank looks like the designer got inspired by Alien, since the turret resembles a xenomorph head!

I can also imagine the roller coaster experience the commander would had to withstand, considering how far from the pivot his position is. I imagine that it's one of the main reason this project was discarded, along with the complexity of the track system.

Musztang #9 Posted 22 October 2021 - 11:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44832 battles
  • [M-B-Z] M-B-Z

View PostDwigt, on 22 October 2021 - 08:55 AM, said:

Commanders,

The Tier X of the American Yoh Company branch, the M-V-Y heavy tank is coming to the Supertest soon.

M-V-Y_EN.jpg

M-V-Y is the top vehicle of the Yoh branch, featuring the new reserve track mechanic. Starting from Tier VII, these vehicles have an additional track attached to the main one. This allows the vehicles of the Yoh branch to continue moving (although at a reduced speed) even if both main tracks are destroyed.

The top vehicle is coming to the Supertest with two guns—105 mm and 120 mm. The first gun is more accurate and has higher damage per minute, while the second one has higher damage per shot. Testing will show which gun will be in the final configuration when the branch is released.

The 105 mm gun causes 360 damage per shot. Penetration of the main APCR shell is 268 mm, and the special HEAT shell has 315 mm of penetration. The gun has as accuracy of 0.35, aiming time of 2 s, and reload time of 7.8 s.

The 120 mm gun causes 440 damage per shot. Penetration of the main AP shell is 252 mm, and the special HEAT shell has 300 mm of penetration. The gun has an accuracy of 0.38, aiming time of 2.5 s, and reload time of 10.5 s.

The vehicle's frontal armor reaches 355 mm in the turret area. Its durability is 2,200 HP. The vehicle has a specific power of 18.4 h.p./t which enables it to reach speeds of up to 40 km/h.
The M-V-Y is a heavy tank whose decent gun depression/elevation angles and armored turret help it take advantage of terrain irregularities. Its new reserve track mechanics allows for increased survivability even if the enemy is trying to immobilize you, giving you new tactical options on the battlefield.

Additional Stats and Screenshots 

Provide us with additional feedback using the survey linkhttps://forms.office.com/r/0eTVr5bnwd

Want to earn some premium days? Let's put your positive creativity to the test and the best comparison of the M-V-Y looks gets a small prize ;) !

Take care and Roll out!

Dear Wargaming, Instead of putting normal tanks in the game, some fantasy is almost slowly appearing as science fiction tanks. That's ridiculous. Finally put something meaningful on the table. It's frustrating to see them come up with such farce. There are so many real tanks built, why do you have to bring in something that's completely out of touch with reality?! Real tanks: Hungarian development tree, to complement the existing ones e.g. Japanese tankdestroyer/light tanks, Czech/Italian/Polish tankdestroyer/light tank, Swedish light tank, British/German wheeled tanks <-- there were plenty. What do you need, well, the science fiction tank that you didn't see in any way but on paper?! Not to mention, at the time, you'll get the mechanics of the new track system that it will be "pleasure" to make it immobile. Think about it, but urgently, what you're planning and why!

Magyarul/Hungarian:

Tisztelt Wargaming!  Ahelyett, hogy normális tankokat raknának be a játékba, inkább valami fantázia már-már lassan sci-fi jellegű harckocsik jelennek meg. Ez már röhejes. Végre tegyenek is le valami értelmeset az asztalra! Már idegesítő, hogy ilyen bohózattal állnak elő. Megannyi valódi megépített tank létezik, miért pont olyat kell behozni ami, már teljesen elrugaszkodik a valóságtól?! Valódi tankok: magyar fejlesztési fa, kiegészíteni a már meglévőket pl.: japán páncélvadászok/könnyű tankok, cseh/olasz/lengyel páncélvadász/könnyű tank, svéd könnyű tank, brit/német kerekes harckocsik <-- rengeteg volt. Mégis önöknek mi kell, hát a már sci-fi tank, ami sehogy sem látezett, csak papíron?! Akkor még arról nem beszélve, hogy olyan mechanikát kap az új lánctalp rendszerrel, hogy "öröm" lesz mozgásképtelenné tenni. Gondolják át, de sürgősen, hogy mit terveznek és miért!

Dwigt #10 Posted 25 October 2021 - 11:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • 2537 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMusztang, on 22 October 2021 - 11:21 PM, said:

Dear Wargaming, Instead of putting normal tanks in the game, some fantasy is almost slowly appearing as science fiction tanks. That's ridiculous. Finally put something meaningful on the table. It's frustrating to see them come up with such farce. There are so many real tanks built, why do you have to bring in something that's completely out of touch with reality?! Real tanks: Hungarian development tree, to complement the existing ones e.g. Japanese tankdestroyer/light tanks, Czech/Italian/Polish tankdestroyer/light tank, Swedish light tank, British/German wheeled tanks <-- there were plenty. What do you need, well, the science fiction tank that you didn't see in any way but on paper?! Not to mention, at the time, you'll get the mechanics of the new track system that it will be "pleasure" to make it immobile. Think about it, but urgently, what you're planning and why!

Magyarul/Hungarian:

Tisztelt Wargaming!  Ahelyett, hogy normális tankokat raknának be a játékba, inkább valami fantázia már-már lassan sci-fi jellegű harckocsik jelennek meg. Ez már röhejes. Végre tegyenek is le valami értelmeset az asztalra! Már idegesítő, hogy ilyen bohózattal állnak elő. Megannyi valódi megépített tank létezik, miért pont olyat kell behozni ami, már teljesen elrugaszkodik a valóságtól?! Valódi tankok: magyar fejlesztési fa, kiegészíteni a már meglévőket pl.: japán páncélvadászok/könnyű tankok, cseh/olasz/lengyel páncélvadász/könnyű tank, svéd könnyű tank, brit/német kerekes harckocsik <-- rengeteg volt. Mégis önöknek mi kell, hát a már sci-fi tank, ami sehogy sem látezett, csak papíron?! Akkor még arról nem beszélve, hogy olyan mechanikát kap az új lánctalp rendszerrel, hogy "öröm" lesz mozgásképtelenné tenni. Gondolják át, de sürgősen, hogy mit terveznek és miért!

The Yoh tanks/Project is not a fantasy/Science fiction project but those tanks existed on paper just like other tanks that are already in the game. We do have plans on expanding other tech trees and adding more tanks but as we always say, those additions require time, research and adjustment to see if they can fit in the meta and in the game.

View PostDava_117, on 22 October 2021 - 07:07 PM, said:

I join the 105mm fun club. It feels far more interesting and playable. I like it get some real weak spots that require you to move and wriggle during reloads. 

I have the feeling the actual armour of those weak spots along with the spare track mechanics can make this tank balance or OP, since the other stats looks ok to me.

The tank looks like the designer got inspired by Alien, since the turret resembles a xenomorph head!

I can also imagine the roller coaster experience the commander would had to withstand, considering how far from the pivot his position is. I imagine that it's one of the main reason this project was discarded, along with the complexity of the track system.

View Postleggasiini, on 22 October 2021 - 12:04 PM, said:

Hopefully we will have a 3D model soon in game so you can check the armor. The turret does present an interesting shape but the rest of the stats on the tank should keep it balanced and time for the opponent to aim at the M-V-Y weakspots.

As for the Reserve track, as mentioned in the video, it will take time to balance those tanks/mechanics but feel free to let us know more once the tank will be available to play on the public servers.

Dava_117 #11 Posted 25 October 2021 - 03:15 PM

General

• 27375 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDwigt, on 25 October 2021 - 11:32 AM, said:

The Yoh tanks/Project is not a fantasy/Science fiction project but those tanks existed on paper just like other tanks that are already in the game. We do have plans on expanding other tech trees and adding more tanks but as we always say, those additions require time, research and adjustment to see if they can fit in the meta and in the game.

Hopefully we will have a 3D model soon in game so you can check the armor. The turret does present an interesting shape but the rest of the stats on the tank should keep it balanced and time for the opponent to aim at the M-V-Y weakspots.

As for the Reserve track, as mentioned in the video, it will take time to balance those tanks/mechanics but feel free to let us know more once the tank will be available to play on the public servers.

To be fair, the turret armour can be even 500mm homogeneous on the front, as long as the cupola is somehow weak. Considering the fact that the gun is fixed and moves with the whole turret, you can't hide the commander hatch using gun depression, so weak spot management will be an important part of playing this tank, if WG don't go full bananas and makes it over 230mm effective.

saxsan4 #12 Posted 26 October 2021 - 06:44 AM

General

• Player
  • 32684 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

please 105mm gun it is the historical gun and 300 pen is NOT enough

315 pen with HEAT 105m PLEASE

I beg I wish to play this line with its historical gun 

Musztang #13 Posted 26 October 2021 - 02:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44832 battles
  • [M-B-Z] M-B-Z

View PostDwigt, on 25 October 2021 - 10:32 AM, said:

The only problem with this is that the current meta system is completely overturned, like the import of wheeled tanks! If you're going to put in a tank with so little buzz that it's almost impossible to find, replace the 352mm tower armor with 120mm and then the subject is compensated! I'll say it again, if you bring this in, it's going to have serious consequences for the game. If you want the old players who even brought something to the company and disappear now, they're on the right track!

Also tagged with Supertest, American, Heavy, Tank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users