Why ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

DBlackCarmen #1 Posted 04 November 2021 - 10:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 918 battles

Hi Guys

I just started playing the game. I like tier 3. Just a while ago, I was playing when another tank came up to mine( a teammate) and just pushed my tank around. I was then followed and pushed into oncoming fire until both he and I were destroyed. Why do people do that. It seems ridiculous???? Are there people out there who just set out to spoil the game??

thanks

unhappy__bunny #2 Posted 04 November 2021 - 10:48 PM

Major General

• 23948 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Yes. There are people like that who get their kicks showing just how immature they can be.

The only thing you can do is ignore them. do not respond to them, do not message them. Do not retaliate. They are seeking attention.

The one thing they hate is not getting attention. 

Save your replays, create a ticket to support under "physics abuse", attach  the replay, the timestamp when it happens and hope support take action. They won't tell you what action they take, but if you noted the player you may find they have no battles for a period of days. 

DBlackCarmen #3 Posted 04 November 2021 - 11:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 918 battles

View Postunhappy__bunny, on 04 November 2021 - 10:48 PM, said:

Yes. There are people like that who get their kicks showing just how immature they can be.

The only thing you can do is ignore them. do not respond to them, do not message them. Do not retaliate. They are seeking attention.

The one thing they hate is not getting attention. 

Save your replays, create a ticket to support under "physics abuse", attach  the replay, the timestamp when it happens and hope support take action. They won't tell you what action they take, but if you noted the player you may find they have no battles for a period of days. 

Thanks, I thought as much, oh well such is life

One thing, I cannot see the replays on my Mac, not sure how to watch them? any clues?

I'll try to find some FAQ's or something

Thanks 

Gremlin182 #4 Posted 05 November 2021 - 12:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76890 battles

I still get it occasionally.

Some players very fre thankfully are convinced they know how every tank on their team should be played.

Where they should go and so on.

So light tanks get told to go way ahead of the other tanks and spot then if they get killed called out for failing.

Heaby tanks staying back also get told off.

I'm only an average player but I know generally what I should be doing and when.

If I try for something different and go somewhere I would not usually go I am not surprised if I get yelled at occasionally.

You might also get a message after the battle get told to go play tetris

Rise above it.

You can always right click their name in the after battle report and make a complaint.

If someone really gets out of control and ruins your game you have the option of sending in a report and replay to support.

Hope you continue to enjoy the game and remain mostly idiot free

tickey2004 #5 Posted 23 November 2021 - 08:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9893 battles
  • [HTKL] HTKL
you will get that event in tier x...sometimes 

TijgernootTank #6 Posted 24 November 2021 - 02:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65239 battles
  • [FLIPD] FLIPD

Long , long ago , u could even shoot your teammates !

So when somebody made a bad block , things could get out of hand pretty fast !

unhappy__bunny #7 Posted 25 November 2021 - 06:38 AM

Major General

• 23948 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostDBlackCarmen, on 04 November 2021 - 10:22 PM, said:

Thanks, I thought as much, oh well such is life

One thing, I cannot see the replays on my Mac, not sure how to watch them? any clues?

I'll try to find some FAQ's or something

Thanks 

I don't know the Mac answer, I would suggest listing that question in Tech Corner,

Kagey_8_8_8 #8 Posted 26 November 2021 - 01:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18170 battles

Yes, sadly...

Like every internet cave that is free to enter there are a fair number of trolls around.  If you submit the replay to WG (as "physics abuse"  ) they do take action against serial abusers, even if it's only a short term ban.

Nothing you can do about that, except drive the biggest vehicle...  ;)

I'd also recommend turning off both in-game chat and messaging.  It curtails further abuse and unsolicited critique and you'll rarely get any useful comments in-game anyway although it's perhaps OK to turn in-game back on once you're more experienced.  It's made WoT a more pleasurable experience for me.

Edited by Kagey_8_8_8, 26 November 2021 - 01:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users