So why are these players that actively suicide for over 5 months still not banned?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

StronkiTonki #1 Posted 25 November 2021 - 06:48 AM

Colonel

• Clan Commander
  • 42256 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

A couple days ago I went down to tier 5 to play for some marks of excellence.

So two days ago, I had a certain player in my team in a 14tp.

This player has about 300 WN8, a 45% win rate, and has played almost 50k games since about 5 years of playing this game.

Do you know what he did two days ago?

I called him out on his behaviour, and ended up carrying the game, all while he was calling me a "pay to win player", because I was driving a Panzer IV Hydro. (Even though he owns multiple tier 8 prems himself, with about 100 games in them)

Here's one thing though. After the battle, I opened his profile and tried sending him a message. However, upon opening the chat, I noticed that I had sent him a message before. To be exact: On June 15th earlier this year. I sent him a message, mocking him of his behaviour where he complained at the start as well, screaming it would be a loss, and suiciding afterward. We obviously won that game, so therefore I sarcastically messaged him when it happened back in June to mock him.

So I messaged him again, this time calling him out on his hypocrisy regarding owning premiums etc. But didn't get any answer, just like last time. (Which is expected)

One day later, which was last night, I was playing tier 5 again.

And what happened last night when playing tier 5?

Can you guess it?

Look at this enemy team member:

Oh what a surprise! A whole day later, he is still doing the exact same thing at the start of every battle!

Seriously WG. What does it take for you to actually ban these kind of people?

Isn't this enough proof that there are players like these who actively break the rules, yet for some reason do not get banned?

I reported him every single time, but he is still doing the same crap, suiciding, being a burden to their team, being toxic in chat.

I'm not even gonna bother with explaining how screwed up the mentality of these kind of people is. He should just uninstall and do something better with his life.

But he's too stubborn and foolish to do so.

But why is it that WG does NOTHING against these people?

It's the same godamn person, 3 times seeing them do the exact same thing!

And I saw him do it 5 months ago! He still did the same thing 2 days ago, and he did the same thing last night! So guess what? He is still going to do it tomorrow, and he will keep doing it next month.

WHY ARE THESE PLAYERS NOT GETTING BANNED?

Get your crap together WG.

rush0620 #2 Posted 25 November 2021 - 07:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28958 battles

0 - 15 and 5 - 15 defeat who likes? What is not to be understood by this? People want to have fun, not to suffer, to die quickly and to forget the battle. This must be solved by the WG!

Because of this, the player base is reduced because the WG is unable to make an EU 3 or EU 4 server where there would be players under 4000 ratings and the game could be played by other players!

Because of such useless players, it is not fun to play but suffering.

_217_ #3 Posted 25 November 2021 - 07:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30813 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Just to play the devils advocate, it just might be that you met him the only 3 times he ever did this. Highly unlikely but not impossible.

On a more serious note, doesn't it require the player to be reported by teammates to eventually get punished for suiciding? My guess is most players just let this go, meaning no reports, meaning this players behaviour stays below WG's radar.

06:27 Added after 5 minute

View Postrush0620, on 25 November 2021 - 07:04 AM, said:

0 - 15 and 5 - 15 defeat who likes?What is not to be understood by this?People want to have fun, not to suffer, to die quickly and to forget the battle. 

The least you could do in such a battle is launch some Banzai attack, confusing the enemy, maybe creating opportunities for your team, while dealing as much damage as you can. 

Personaly i always go down guns blazing. No capitulation!

Edited by _217_, 25 November 2021 - 07:31 AM.

Skande #4 Posted 25 November 2021 - 07:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65395 battles
  • [-IRF-] -IRF-
I send such a report to WG showing 1 player who in 5 days straight playing an avg of 30+ games having 0 dmg each day. The person drowned twice when I was playing with them.

H4NI #5 Posted 25 November 2021 - 07:45 AM

Major

• Player
  • 50283 battles
  • [O-S-C] O-S-C
Three suicides should equal one day ban. Repeat it, 3 day ban. AFK? 0 credits and exp. And the saddest thing is that suiciders/drowners get rewards when you actually win the game they've abandoned.

StronkiTonki #6 Posted 25 November 2021 - 07:51 AM

Colonel

• Clan Commander
  • 42256 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View Post_217_, on 25 November 2021 - 06:22 AM, said:

Just to play the devils advocate, it just might be that you met him the only 3 times he ever did this. Highly unlikely but not impossible.

On a more serious note, doesn't it require the player to be reported by teammates to eventually get punished for suiciding? My guess is most players just let this go, meaning no reports, meaning this players behaviour stays below WG's radar.

In theory, without any context? Yeah, absolutely theoretically possible.

But as you said, extremely unlikely.

However, considering the context of their messages in battle, he was extremely biased towards the opinion of how buying premium tanks = winning battles.

He literally told me that I only win games because I play in a premium tank. Kept insulting me and calling me a fool for spending money on the game. (Despite he himself owning plenty of premiums)

Considering his pessimistic behaviour, his biases and tinfoil logic, and his low win rate, it's pretty obvious that he often loses games (because he does, he has a terrible winrate of 45% in about 50k games), he obviously keeps playing the game in an extremely frustrated state.

There's pretty much no denying that he does this on a daily basis.

Why else would he shout "battle is lost, better suicide" at the start of the game?

The game hadn't even started yet. It was during the countdown. There is no single reason for him to suicide at that point. No reason at all, other than him being in a pessimistic mood.

I can also confirm that he did not have XVM installed. I did, and there was no X marker to indicate that he had the mod. So he just blindly assumes this stuff because he's pessimistic, because he keeps losing battles, because he's a terrible player who contributes nothing to their team.

I do believe multiple people need to report a player, yes. And seeing how this player is still around after so many months, not enough people are reporting this person. Which just shows that WG's system is broken.

RANDOM_PLAYER123 #7 Posted 25 November 2021 - 08:08 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34933 battles

You chaps do realise that the world is full of whacky people who think and do whacky things right?

Mental illness and strange coping mechanisms are rife in society

WG have made some money out of this case and this is what he does (probably)

If you had SBMM you could avoid those players you disapprove of, but you have RANDOM MM which means you will meet a player or 2 you disapprove of from time to time

If you are unable to cope with people you disapprove of you should lobby WG for SBMM

You would think that yoloing would be a more profitable suicide, but maybe he's got a thing about drowning

Edited by RANDOM_PLAYER123, 25 November 2021 - 08:13 AM.

UserZer00 #8 Posted 25 November 2021 - 08:14 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18206 battles
I like how people actually think the report functions actually do anything other than provide a feeling of closure or justification to the one using the report function.

Maybe once in a blue moon someone will react to the reports when taking a break from TikTok, but it's unlikely.

Of course, if someone was really motivated, due to excessive consumption of Redbull, they may have made a program to randomly punish players linked to reports, but I doubt it.

Olias_0f_Sunhillow #9 Posted 25 November 2021 - 08:20 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 29297 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRANDOM_PLAYER123, on 25 November 2021 - 07:08 AM, said:

You chaps do realise that the world is full of whacky people who think and do whacky things right?

Mental illness and strange coping mechanisms are rife in society.

Irony.

RANDOM_PLAYER123 #10 Posted 25 November 2021 - 08:22 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34933 battles

If he's drowned himself 50,000 times then I would say that WG have provided a valuable service for someone who has issues

plus they've made a few bob out of his premium buys

Additionally

He has provided a valuable service for anyone whose coping mechanism is to have a go at people they disapprove of

Edited by RANDOM_PLAYER123, 25 November 2021 - 08:27 AM.

Orkbert #11 Posted 25 November 2021 - 08:32 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 33203 battles
  • [ASSO] ASSO

View PostStronkiTonki, on 25 November 2021 - 06:48 AM, said:

Seriously WG. What does it take for you to actually ban these kind of people?

Isn't this enough proof that there are players like these who actively break the rules, yet for some reason do not get banned?

No, not for them.

I mean you probably know there is a certain clan of which multiple members had managed to maintain a win rate below 25% (some even below 20% and worse, although those have less than 1000 battles), and it is pretty obvious what one has to do in their matches for such a non-performance yet that clan still exists.

Admittedly most of them haven't had a battle since over a year so some of them might have been banned after all but it might also be that due to the removal of teamdamage they simply have stopped to play since they can no longer do what's needed to lose so many games, so there is no telling whether they have been banned or just stopped sabotaging their teams since they lost a key element to do it as effective as they once were able to.

And the icing on the cake about this is that if I were to name that clan or any of its members here it would be me that gets a warning in the forums for naming&shaming while the trolls would go unpunished.

Sindragosa_ #12 Posted 25 November 2021 - 10:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46598 battles
  • [0TTER] 0TTER
As I said in several such threads - Report for defeatism! And if you send WG replay, they should ban these people for, maybe not week, but at least 24 hours, for defeatism.

Crusader2k13 #13 Posted 25 November 2021 - 01:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48795 battles

@StronkiTonki Send a ticket with a replay for each case and the automated WG bots will sometimes react and punish this players. Remember to save the time-index in your head and provide any information necessary to WG. 

In my experience in around 30-50% of cases like physics-abuse, etc., the automated Azure Bot Service (QnA Services to be precise) that WG uses as a "support-chat-bot-system" autoscans the details from the replay and your time-index (very important!) and auto-punishes the player if the information of the ticket was correct. There is some kind of filtering though! A player who suicides or abuse the physics in rage in 1 out of 1000 battles won't be banned, so there is a threshold set, but if you report the right guy the right time (let's assume that self-drowners and pushers do it regularly than rarely), he will get banned! 

Just don't estimate to talk to a real human when opening a ticket. Human non-bot answers may only be expected in rare cases of tickets with paying subject / fraud / etc.

Frongor #14 Posted 26 November 2021 - 02:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 517 battles
All I see is a dirty selaclubber here. It is a shame:).

UserZer00 #15 Posted 26 November 2021 - 02:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18206 battles

View PostFrongor, on 26 November 2021 - 02:31 PM, said:

All I see is a dirty selaclubber here. It is a shame:).

I'm sure his hygiene is just fine, don't exaggerate.

Flicka #16 Posted 26 November 2021 - 02:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24277 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

But why are we trying to stop him from having fun?

Is there that much difference between him and a player hiding behind a rock to just die with missing one shot.

Or somebody hitting 18% of their shots it normal tanks.

Or somebody pushing an afk TD at tier VI from spawn all the way to the river and drowning them.

It is a game, and we should not tell other players how to have fun, no matter how it effects everybody else.

Metalsniper #17 Posted 26 November 2021 - 03:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23531 battles
Suicide is part of the game, as lame as it is, should not be bannable imo

Edited by Metalsniper, 26 November 2021 - 03:18 PM.

dUG1 #18 Posted 26 November 2021 - 03:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44536 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

Had the same question few days ago :great:

2 toxic jerks having fun by drowning, reported with replay and time-stamp, support auto-answered and playing as we speak:

Moral of the story is: break the game rules all you want, just dont say the F or R word - that is bad and we dont want our "I dont care about the team" snowflakes to be upset about it.

Edited by dUG1, 26 November 2021 - 03:29 PM.

Gruff_ #19 Posted 26 November 2021 - 04:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 29035 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
If they actually cared about their product this wouldn't be an issue.  Accounts should've be perma banned.

Tealo1 #20 Posted 26 November 2021 - 05:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 54418 battles

Well there could be a link as a lot of veterens and serving personel play this game and the lock down as a result of Covid isn't helping matters :

https://www.mirror.c...vel-15-23891474
https://assets.publi...eady_2021_O.pdf

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users