Wargaming.net against ESA and SOPA/PIPA

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

LordJebe #1 Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 5651 battles
  • [FTCO] FTCO
I know a SOPA thread already exists, but this is a quite different thing and in my opinion deserves a thread of it's own. Also, even though this is a message directly to Wargaming.net staff, I decided to post it here so other users could join to urge Wargaming.net to run against SOPA/PIPA.

I think everyone is aware of the SOPA/PIPA struggle that is going on. Encouraged by this video, I would like to make a proposal for Wargaming.net on how to fight against SOPA/PIPA.

The ESA (Entertainment Software Association) is backing up SOPA/PIPA and is seen as the representative of gaming industry.
ESA's biggest source of revenue is E3, the Electronic Entertainment Expo. By attaining and covering E3 means you are financially supporting ESA which is supporting SOPA/PIPA.

And now for my proposal: if Wargaming.net is against SOPA/PIPA, do not attend or cover E3 as long as ESA is giving support to SOPA/PIPA. If they decide to go against SOPA/PIPA, show them your support and attend and cover E3 by all means.

I hope Wargaming.net staff have realised that if passed, not only will SOPA/PIPA destroy the Internet of USA citizens, it will have an affect on us on the other side of the Atlantic. If passed, it can violate Wargaming.net in many ways since you have American customers. Also, if passed in the USA, same kind of laws will be introduced in the Europe as well which will affect Wargaming.net even more directly. In the long run, supporting SOPA/PIPA will be more expensive than running against it.

So, Wargaming.net, what weighs more for you; human rights or copyrights?

Reverend_Lovejoy #2 Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Translator
  • 7382 battles
  • [WWMR] WWMR
The sentence "run against SOPA" was copyrighted last week so now they have to shut down the forums :D

shiftypowers2002 #3 Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11555 battles
  • [MIS] MIS

View PostLordJebe, on 18 January 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

I know a SOPA thread already exists, but this is a quite different thing and in my opinion deserves a thread of it's own. Also, even though this is a message directly to Wargaming.net staff, I decided to post it here so other users could join to urge Wargaming.net to run against SOPA/PIPA.

I think everyone is aware of the SOPA/PIPA struggle that is going on. Encouraged by this video, I would like to make a proposal for Wargaming.net on how to fight against SOPA/PIPA.

The ESA (Entertainment Software Association) is backing up SOPA/PIPA and is seen as the representative of gaming industry.
ESA's biggest source of revenue is E3, the Electronic Entertainment Expo. By attaining and covering E3 means you are financially supporting ESA which is supporting SOPA/PIPA.

And now for my proposal: if Wargaming.net is against SOPA/PIPA, do not attend or cover E3 as long as ESA is giving support to SOPA/PIPA. If they decide to go against SOPA/PIPA, show them your support and attend and cover E3 by all means.

I hope Wargaming.net staff have realised that if passed, not only will SOPA/PIPA destroy the Internet of USA citizens, it will have an affect on us on the other side of the Atlantic. If passed, it can violate Wargaming.net in many ways since you have American customers. Also, if passed in the USA, same kind of laws will be introduced in the Europe as well which will affect Wargaming.net even more directly. In the long run, supporting SOPA/PIPA will be more expensive than running against it.

So, Wargaming.net, what weighs more for you; human rights or copyrights?

Errrrr no, sorry! Not got the slightest as to what your talking about :mellow:

Sounds terribley interesting though!

LordJebe #4 Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 5651 battles
  • [FTCO] FTCO

View Postshiftypowers2002, on 18 January 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

Errrrr no, sorry! Not got the slightest as to what your talking about :mellow:

Sounds terribley interesting though!
Do you mean SOPA/PIPA? Here's something about it. In much more understandable english than mine :rolleyes:

LordJebe #5 Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 5651 battles
  • [FTCO] FTCO
As Wargaming.net shows no interest in the subject, I ask for you, users, to boycot E3 2012 as a protest against ESA's support for SOPA/PIPA. If we all stand united, SOPA and PIPA will both fall :Smile-izmena:

Arkhell #6 Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:41 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles
American's... sigh can't you just keep your paws off stuff, yes we know your economy crashed by inresponssible cash management, this is however not a reason to try and squeez money from the rest of the world by cencorring the internet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users