AMX 13 90 Matchmaking

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

Khold #61 Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 5643 battles
I love my 1390 but hated my 1375 after the latest patch, after a while just sold it because I couldn't stand the low damage it shoved out. I agree with Vahal, anyone that drives the 1390 would notice that this tank was meant to shoot on the move or just quick stop and move. Luckily I have been following Azakows build for this tank.

My cammo skill is at 96% and I already notice lots of enemy heavies just standing in front of me not seeing me. I also love the lone wolf aspect. Preying on the isolated and weak. Drive around, spot, rush and unleash HELL. Seeing tanks in panic is a delight.

daz606 #62 Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:18 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23882 battles
I hated this tank, now I rarely use any other tank!

My tactic is simple: Pick a heavy tank and support/ glue yourself to him.
When the fighting starts my attitude is how can I help the heavy? How can I create an opening for him? That quarter turn of the turret to try and get you could be the decider.

As soon as the heavy opens up, I zip in and blast away....spot your exit route!

The mere threat of that heavy there has allowed me to maul every type of tier X in the game, I'm not after kills....just wins.

My kamikaze tactic (you all have one!) is to park right behind the tank and shoot till I get killed!

This tank is awesome if you play it right.

Theoven09 #63 Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:42 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8264 battles
Yep Daz... but you have to make sure you pick a good heavy tank.

Thats basically what i cant stand anymore with the AMX 90 : if the heavies on your side are not up to the task, you are useless.No way you can be a threat to anyone except very badly damaged enemies, and only if your team is already wining. And even then, it's really frequent that i need a full autoloader to kill a T9 or 10 left with 10% hp. Not to say that most maps are just made for heavies with good front armor.Most of the time, i have to fight against 10 or 12 heavy tanks that i cant even dream of damaging a bit (and dont forget we have only 36 rounds to shoot).I almost reached Lorraine. As soon as i got the exp, i'm definitely done with all french tanks...

Mieep #64 Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28898 battles
  • [DLA] DLA

View Postdaz606, on 13 September 2012 - 06:18 AM, said:

I hated this tank, now I rarely use any other tank!

My tactic is simple: Pick a heavy tank and support/ glue yourself to him.
When the fighting starts my attitude is how can I help the heavy? How can I create an opening for him? That quarter turn of the turret to try and get you could be the decider.

As soon as the heavy opens up, I zip in and blast away....spot your exit route!

The mere threat of that heavy there has allowed me to maul every type of tier X in the game, I'm not after kills....just wins.

My kamikaze tactic (you all have one!) is to park right behind the tank and shoot till I get killed!

This tank is awesome if you play it right.

I often use the same tactic, just glue to one of the top heavys, protect him from flanking and use him as meatshield.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users