AMX 13-90 equipment?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

brick128 #1 Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29702 battles
What equipment to put on your AMX 13-90?

Now I have: cammonet, binocular telescope and a toolbox.

The toolbox helps me repair just fast enough to get away from the big heavys when they detrack me.

I have a lot of fires maybe co2 tanks a good option?

My style is, first I scout and later I get stuck in up close to finish enemy off. If I see a spot to slip by I hunt arty.

Sturmtiger_304 #2 Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 19603 battles
The toolbox is ok to use until your crew haves 100% repair skill. Camonet & binoculars are kind of useless when you're moving a lot since they only become activated once your tank is standing still for more than 5-6 seconds.

I'd just go with the standard set-up; Vertical stab, rammer, ventilation/toolbox.

brick128 #3 Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29702 battles

View PostSturmtiger_304, on 23 January 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

I'd just go with the standard set-up; Vertical stab, rammer, ventilation/toolbox.
Vertical stab and rammer can't be mounted on this tank.

JimmyBond #4 Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50361 battles
  • [-TDB-] -TDB-
I have vents, gun laying drive and coated optics !

pritch #5 Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 14974 battles
spal liner for when you accidently ram into something and to negate arty splash

vents most obvious choice

enhanced gun laying device just because

you could go with co2 tanks or wet ammo rack maybe...

Sturmtiger_304 #6 Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 19603 battles

View Postbrick128, on 23 January 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

Vertical stab and rammer can't be mounted on this tank.
Correction: Ventilation, gun laying drive & toolbox/co2.

IGL #7 Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36358 battles
engine is huge, co2 maybe a good option

Dibbl3r #8 Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41627 battles
using Vents (no-brainer), Binocs (for spotting games) and Camo (until my crew have 100% camo skill)

I will change Camo to either Toolbox, GLD or Optics when my crew reach 100% camo skill

CO2 is not my option cause so far I was set to fire maybe 5 times, and always low on health so I'd die couple of secs later either way...

azakow #9 Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 79357 battles

View PostDibbl3r, on 26 January 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

using Vents (no-brainer), Binocs (for spotting games) and Camo (until my crew have 100% camo skill)

I will change Camo to either Toolbox, GLD or Optics when my crew reach 100% camo skill

CO2 is not my option cause so far I was set to fire maybe 5 times, and always low on health so I'd die couple of secs later either way...
IMO, 2 slots wasted, moreover wasted time and fun!

This vehicle has, speed, a low profile and fire power.
Your current equipment and your future plan is completely ignoring the attributes of this vehicle.

I fully agree with JimmyBond, which was: vent, gun laying drive (GLD), coated optics.

As for consumables, I am using med kit, repair kit, fire ext. .

Dibbl3r #10 Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41627 battles

View Postazakow, on 26 January 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

Your current equipment and your future plan is completely ignoring the attributes of this vehicle.

it depends... as I already stated, I use Camo + Binocs as a spotting combo until I have 100% crew skill and it pays itself very well in high tier battles. And I have been killed so many times detracked just in the moment my crew repaired tracks that I am seriously considering using Toolbox to speed it up (my crew has no Repair skill yet). As an Elite vehicle Optics are definitely an option instead of Binocs (they do not stack according to wiki, you have bonus either from Binocs or Optics, not both!) but I doubt about usefulness of GLD: 9% is IMHO not enough to make a difference, but I will give it a try for couple of battles ;)

mopy00 #11 Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 32429 battles
Hello!

Some help here would be appreciated.
I still have 13 75, but I would like to use the now available 50% discount on equipment for 13 90.
Can you please tell me what level ventilation and gun laying drive go to 13 90?

Thanks

azakow #12 Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 79357 battles

View Postmopy00, on 06 February 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

Can you please tell me what level ventilation and gun laying drive go to 13 90?
ventilation is class 1
GLD, is the same for all types

Mahnsikir #13 Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 5253 battles
  • [OCUK] OCUK

View Postazakow, on 26 January 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

I fully agree with JimmyBond, which was: vent, gun laying drive (GLD), coated optics.

As for consumables, I am using med kit, repair kit, fire ext. .

Right now, (mostly for cheapness) im using the binocs, cammo net and repair kit.  The repair kit is there as a why not, but I've really found the other two priceless in a lot of battles, vents GLD and optics would be next in the list but still I'm liking my current set up.

You aren't a dedicated scout and you lack the proper manoeuvrability of T5 lights, nor are you an assault tank so I dont see the big draw of the optics, apart from on the urban maps that have loads of CQ cover you shouldnt be blindly rushing around spotting with that extra 10% but on the other hand theres loads of maps where I've found that quickly getting to a vantage point and then using the net+binocs to safely spot and take out a lone tank or two/spot the main rush of the enemy and staying hidden letting your allies do the hurt or once being spotted may become an issue falling back to be the little ninja you should be.

Im going the camo skill first off for my crew (I dont plan on getting hit so repair/firefighting are easily covered by their consumables) so I may ditch the camo net soon but to be honest until I hit the lorraine I wont be splashing out on the cash for vents and GLD to replace the repair kit and net.

Saying all that though, if I do get spare credits I'll probably give the optics a go just to see how big a difference there is between the two spotting items.

EDIT: ooo half price equipment, repair kit can go and make itself useful somewhere else, GLD bought.  :Smile_honoring:

mopy00 #14 Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 32429 battles

View Postazakow, on 06 February 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

ventilation is class 1
GLD, is the same for all types
Thanks!

Elia #15 Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 13903 battles
  • [CPC] CPC
1 - Vent
Why ?
Because it is a whole purpose benefit item, best of them in most situation.
2/3 - Camo/Bino
Why ?
The purpose of this tank (a light tank @ Tier 7) is to spot for the rest of his team (tier 8/9/10 + arty 6/7/8) not to fight.
He doesn't have the maniability of a T50-2 that exclude him from active scouting (aka brawling race inside enemy camp).
He might flank isolated enemy tank, but it is not design for. A medium T8/9 is best choice of this.
He may counter scout though, so his fighting power go there.
But overall his role for the team is to use his advantaged
- speed (straigh line)
- Camo while in movement
to reach asap a frontline hidden position behind a bush where he can spot whole movement of enemy team (not only the enemy base, a main road / passage that enemy will mostly used to deploy themselves).
Just stay here as long as you estimate you may still spot enemies. If it turn out that it will be unlikely the case, redeploy yourself during the game to another position moving from bush to bush safely (you dont have the "first deployment advantage" anymore).
DONT SHOOT or you'll break the bush camo.

In this role he benefit a lot from camo + binocular. Remember the more you have camo skill the more you benefif from camo net.

Of course this equipments are kinda useless in urban map, but till we will choose maps / change equipment live, no choice hey.
In urban map I would choose Optic + GLD / TooL kit if I could.

BrianDuffy #16 Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7674 battles
@Elia, I have to disagree with this comment:

The purpose of this tank (a light tank @ Tier 7) is to spot for the rest of his team (tier 8/9/10 + arty 6/7/8) not to fight.

whilst some of the reasons you give are correct, you are missing one of the major attributes of all the AMX lights/mediums. They are situational and can fulfil a number of different roles depending on map, team make up and opposition tier spread.

The 90mm is a decent damage gun and just to use it as a spotter is wasteful. Spotting is simply ONE of the things these tanks can do.

I believe what makes the AMX range so powerful in the right hands (not mine, I'm rubbish!) is recognising what is needed at the right time and exploiting their situational nature to its best.

I know this is true of all tanks, in reality there is no specific role for any, it's just some are better at certain jobs; it just strikes me that of all the tanks I have tried, it applies to these more than any other.

Keep tanking
:Smile_honoring:

P.S. On Topic - Vents, GLD, Coated Optics, repair, first aid, extinguisher (all due to the fact that in nearly every fight where I have been hit I have lost crew and modules or caught fire :) OP? I think not! The extinguisher has saved me on a number of occasions.

marcusanton #17 Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 17186 battles
I've got Binos, optics and a stabilizer(or the other thing responsible for the quicker zeroing in)

reason is that in T9/10 games I am a high speed scout, that means quite often getting someplace 1st, and spotting the shit out of the op-force. Most prominent on campinovka, just after the start I move a bit into the field to give a team a good starting shots at the enemy. This is a rather popular move often yielding 1-2 kills mere seconds after match start.

My win ratio is  69% and rising - I play it as a pure scout with optional zoom'n'scoot with side finishing shots. Not much of a DpB, but constatnly 1kExp + and ~30kCreds making it a decent earner, not forgetting a huge fun factor this thing has.

Never thought scouting can be that funny.

Dornbusch #18 Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17590 battles
  • [ARCAN] ARCAN
Why GLD, camo and binos??? The GLD works only if I stay foot and fire (and that gun it snaps fast on target ... and i'm no sniper) it doesn't help if i'm moving, camo and binos ...i'm no longer a powerless tier 4 scouting for others.
I go for vent, spall liner and toolbox.

DeathByDribbling #19 Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28805 battles

View Postmarcusanton, on 15 February 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

I've got Binos, optics and a stabilizer(or the other thing responsible for the quicker zeroing in)

My win ratio is  69% and rising - I play it as a pure scout with optional zoom'n'scoot with side finishing shots. Not much of a DpB, but constatnly 1kExp + and ~30kCreds making it a decent earner, not forgetting a huge fun factor this thing has.

You sound like you are doing well with it, but you certainly aren't using a stablizer because that's not available on a teir 7 french tank.

Mextli #20 Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 43901 battles
Vents, GLD & Optics. I'm always on the move and less an scout than an finisher/supporter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users