How to put retrained crew into a new tank.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

Drizit #1 Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1362 battles
I have a tank with no crew and a crew in the barracks with no tank

It's annoying the hell out of me. The crew must be brain dead since they can't find the crewless tank they are supposed to use.

The crew have been retrained to be commander and driver of the new tank and the tank is sitting in my list with "Crew Incomplete". I have selected the tank but can't seem to find a way to move the crew to it. Any ideas?

On the training window, I can select the tank from the combo box to retrain the crew but the current tank button is greyed out even though I can close the window and the tank is sitting there for me to look at so it IS the current tank.

Beesonsticks #2 Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:33 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14415 battles
  • [QUAKE] QUAKE
Select the tank. In the upper left of your garage screen there should be some empty slots where you crew would go. Left click on these and it will show you the available to crew to go in the tank. Click on the crew member to put him into the tank.

Drizit #3 Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1362 battles
OK got it thanks.

punkadelic #4 Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:48 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12286 battles
I think it's worth adding that you have to retrain your crew to suit the new tank and that you can't put a crew from say an arty piece into a medium etc, the crew has to come from a similar kinda tank.
To retrain them open their personal file and look for the drop down menu which will list the tanks that they can retrain for, they will lose some exp points when you retrain them.
Hope this helps.

DerZivilist #5 Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 6996 battles

View Postpunkadelic, on 24 January 2012 - 02:48 AM, said:

I think it's worth adding that you have to retrain your crew to suit the new tank and that you can't put a crew from say an arty piece into a medium etc, the crew has to come from a similar kinda tank.
To retrain them open their personal file and look for the drop down menu which will list the tanks that they can retrain for, they will lose some exp points when you retrain them.
Hope this helps.

Actually you CAN put the crew of a SPG into a medium tank, no problems.

However, to make the crew function properly in a new tank, you must retrain them, and that retraining process costs the crew some experience. If the crew comes from a similar vehicle (old medium into new medium) the cost is small; if it comes from a different vehicle (old artillery into new medium) the cost is large. Thus it is not recommended (but not strictly impossible) to retrain crew members for other vehicle types.

Note that premium tanks do not require the crew to be retrained if the crew is trained for a similar vehicle (a crew trained for any medium tank can also drive any premium medium without penalties).

There's only one thing you're NOT allowed to do with crew, and that is mixing nationalities. Your USSR crew for example can never drive French, German, US or Chinese tanks, premium or not.

punkadelic #6 Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12286 battles
My mistake, I'ts been a while since I even looked at that aspect of retraining tbh, I should have checked first before offering advice  :Smile_honoring:

warcrawl #7 Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10550 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR
I got another problem almost similiar to this one. I trained my crew to 100% in sherman, but now i bought a T29. and i moved the crew to my T29 with their skills ( 3camo and 2 repairs) but how do they gain %'s in those skills? Because i played alot of battles and i believe they gained 0% in like 3 days... What am i doing wrong?

popuptoaster #8 Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16045 battles
  • [-HOG-] -HOG-
First they need to be retrained in the new tank, then secondary skills wont improve until your crew is at 100% in the new tank.