108 replies to this topic

Nechrom #101 Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18200 battles

View Postziogualty, on 25 January 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

"Professional" Moderators...
LOL!
Is there a "professional moderators high school" or University around?

Do they hire only people with a master in "mass internet coomunications"?

C'mon...be serious.

There is no chance that taking money made u a better mod.
Is quite possible that it become a simple "rule applier" army, just to be sure he/she did his job fine to deserve the money.
It get close to some bot or clone, more than a good moderator.
Mods are much more than that.
They should have passion for the game, build and reach a decent relationship with community, be wise enough to evaluate different humors and situations related to some bug or issue ingame, and much, much more.

Is damn hard to be a good moderator: u have to be lucky, smart, respectful and in love with game and community.
But taking some euros at the ends of the month...no way.

Some of the actual mods around is not so lucky, others reached the top of the mountain.

But they have a story, they all worked hard, they are part of the game, and by all means they are part of the family that lives inside WoT.
And they have passion for sure, because nothing else bring them in when this adventure starts.

Someone used to say: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
I guess he's right.
What you describe is more customer service and less moderators.
Your definition applies to employees with more customer interaction than just moderating. First line support is one of those positions where customer service comes into play.
As a moderator, your job is to police a forum or a chat. You react to communications between customers, not to communications directed at you or your employer, unless ofc they break any rules. This requires far less social skill and research since your job is to make sure rules are followed and clean up when they are not.

Bounty85 #102 Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 35430 battles

View PostIxal, on 26 January 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

Wargamings ignorance towards the community, their blind eye towards issues in the game and money grabbing ways which are borderline exploitative have been known for a long time. But as long as there are people like you who give them huge piles of money and "play along" they won't have any reason to change.

People like you are the reason the Matchmaker is still bad, people like you are the reason that maps don't get bigger or the game won't get balanced, people like you are the reason we are constantly swarmed by overpriced premium tanks and people like you are the reason that the grinde is absolutely miserable for for free players, especially on the mid tier.

You are far away from the truth dude, sry. What have been known for a long time? I played the beta and went on playing directly after the release (for which i ordered all three preorder packages). What exactly should i/we knew at this moment? That money will becoming more important for WG than the game and the community during the year? How could we?

And people like me are the reason for all the problems in the game, sure, whatever. Do you know what people like me are the reason for? We are the reason for that you could play WoT the last year. And that you still can play it. WG is not interested in your passion. They want to make money, they have to make money.

In the beta i saw a good game. So i decided that i want to support WG. And WoT is still a great game, of course there are some points which should be improved. But i will not spent money the next time, the path is too unclear.

Should it become uninteresting for WG to go on with WoT we could look for other games. But prepare yourself to pay for it. Normally products have a price...

Jigabachi #103 Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Well... I'm not THAT into mod activity and stuff and for the most part I only see them warning/banning people, but I did also read some pretty helpful posts.
And before somebody says that they don't do their job, everyone should keep in mind, that there is an inflationary flood of ranting- and flaming- and "always-the-same-topic"-threads... every day. We shouldn't expect that they participate in every single thread. I won't do it either...
The only thing I miss, is their presence at certain (important) discussions/topics.

So... I guess they actually do their job - but I can't say if they do it "good". I mean... reducing would be ok, I guess, there are some strange dudes among them. But kicking them all for a few new guys is pretty... don't know!? Stupid?

Do not spent any longer money!
Well... I never spent any money and it looks like I won't do it in the future. But not because of THIS, more because of... you know.  ;)

btw:

Do you spent money in WoT? I did! How much? More than 500 Euro.
Wow...  :blink:
Even if you have a life... it is very (VERY!) much money for sth like "this". :o

LMK #104 Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 37990 battles
I dont care if they "fire" here some mods or not.
Theyre easily replacable like every customer or possible customer.
WGs credo seems to be: "When you´re not part of the solution then you are part of the problem"
Anyway, before i spend any cent on this game or anything that comes from WG i rather start to smoke, there i im totally sure which sh*t i get for my money.

One wisdom for the end, ususally i would say: "Dont bite the hands that feed you" but in THIS VERY CASE it should be more like "Dont lick the boots that kick you"   .......goes for some of here  ;)

BravelyRanAway #105 Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24357 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostLMK, on 26 January 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

Anyway, before i spend any cent on this game or anything that comes from WG i rather start to smoke, there i im totally sure which sh*t i get for my money.
You have nearly 9000 games played, so it can't be all bad, there must be some fun in it for you otherwise you'd have uninstalled it by now. :blink:

LMK #106 Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 37990 battles
Yes yes, but i wouldnt wanna spend money on it.
AS a customer who spends money on it, i would feel screwed over after all the changes (nerves/buffs)and some more things.

Ixal #107 Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4241 battles

View PostBounty85, on 26 January 2012 - 02:57 AM, said:

And people like me are the reason for all the problems in the game, sure, whatever.

Nice strawmen.

No, people like you are not the reason for the existence of problems, you are the reason why those problems don't get fixed.
I mean why should Wargaming spend effort on fixing those things when they have players spending hundreds of dollars on the game (more than on pretty much all other type of computer games in such a short time)? They could care less about "little spenders" and what the community wants as long as they have people like you.

No, better make another premium tank for 50€. People will buy it.

BravelyRanAway #108 Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24357 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
Well LMK,
   If I like a game I put money into it as a way of saying thanks. Yes, the game has some problems but they do not out-weight the positives of the game.
My vision of the game could be coloured by the clan I am in as we have such a laugh while playing. But still the way many people talk about the game is just so,so, negative. You'd wonder why they bother to load it up at all and not just go find something else to play as there is an amazing amount of choice out there.

WG do some things right, like I said earlier about running test patches. Some of those things they had hoped to launch in the last patch were shelved after the results of the test patch because had they of put it in, it would have blown too many players(premium & non-premium) right out of the game. There would have been a bigger shit storm if they had said stuff-it and launched it anyway.
A case in point is the clan wars 'Fog Of War' which they cannot test fully before launching it. Look what happened to it, after all we're on the third try of it.

I am not blind and neither are my clan to the problems of WoT but we do enjoy it, but we also (because we get on so well) have other games we are play, so should this one goes belly-up, we can as a group move on to something else. We already do BF3 and SWTOR and as a clan we have been invited to try the alpha-test of a new WW2 game. But our main focus is WoT and remains so for the near future as it good outweights the bad for the moment.

Bounty85 #109 Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 35430 battles
At first thank you Agatha and Obirian for checking and moving this thread  :Smile_honoring:

View PostIxal, on 26 January 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

No, people like you are not the reason for the existence of problems, you are the reason why those problems don't get fixed.
I mean why should Wargaming spend effort on fixing those things when they have players spending hundreds of dollars on the game (more than on pretty much all other type of computer games in such a short time)? They could care less about "little spenders" and what the community wants as long as they have people like you.

Why they should fix them as fast as possible is easy. Happy users like me are spending more money. User who are not so happy will spent less money. A clear sign for WG to improve their game. In my case i spent in the last two or three months 30 euro. This is less than at the months before. So WG can see that i´m not happy about some parts/features/things in the game at the moment(i hate sometimes the MM). They see this much better by someone who pay than by someone who don´t spent money.

BUT

This is OffTopic and we know your opinion now, this is ok. Let´s please return to the topic...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users