Private

• Beta Tester
  • 2909 battles
nice. screw ya mods. screw this game.

Killatomate #22 Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19200 battles
all this forum needs is an automated ban-bot and censorship software made in USA

Hornet331 #23 Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:47 AM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 16285 battles

View Postvuque, on 25 January 2012 - 01:18 AM, said:

Am i the only one who hates the Mod's(Especially the one who is pretending like woman but he is a "he")?
That was the first correct move from WG for a long time.I totally support this idea.You can't handle the community things with the arrogant spoilt childs!You should have real professional guys to handle this things and they should have been paid with real money.
I don't want to get banned again because of i just kicked some spoilt arrogant kids some body parts from their back...
Btw you will get your support again don't worry but this time by professionals!

Yes some of them are.. well lets say not up for the task from a moderation standpoint.

Bringing in professional mods is ok... but when I look at the russian forum.... its going to get empty here, cause there are nearly no warning and ROs are there handed out like cookies...

Im neutral in this matter..

Bundin #24 Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Veteran
  • 7528 battles
Just to clear one thing up: mods get a gold reward. How much is dependent on several things. Activity, general helpfulness, and assisting with events like 'Kill the Courier' are a few examples. It's not a "ban more, get more" system.

The amount can vary (roughly)  between zero and 10000 per month.

Moderators don't get anything else but gold. No free xp, no pre-researched tanks, no credits, no free Lowe (although you can obviously buy one if you save your gold reward). And no infinite gold.

And that's fine with us really, we're not there for the rewards, we're there because we care about the community.

Afghane #25 Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Translator
  • 24915 battles
Community cries for ages - "OMG OMG WG moderators suck, all lame, WG sucks"
Moderators get the boot - "OMG OMG WG sucks, all lame, we love moderators"

Tells a lot how mature and non-biased this forum is. Bottom line is, WG needs to have it's customer relations, forum included, handled by PROFESSIONALS. The kind that come to work from 9 to 5 and are accountable to a big boss upstairs if they mess up. It's a natural evolution.

What's debateable is the reward given to the volunteer former moderators. I think they deserve more than 3 months premium, or at least a reward scaled according to their time with WG. If a guy has worked for WG for 2 years he deserves more than the moderator hired last month.

But in general the letter is very polite and shows respect for the volunteer work done (remunerated in gold, but still stressful). Not a reason to start a revolt. Especially when your point is that you deserve to be a moderator. Anarchist =/= moderator. You lose face. WG loses face. Don't do it.

Kedaz #26 Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

• Player
  • 7092 battles
It's pathetic... Stop qq for everything.. You are Volunteers and you want more golds ? free premium ? -_-' Rofl open one dictionary & search volunteer.

SeverianPL #27 Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14096 battles
  • [-BD-] -BD-

They are not going to let forums to rot at the darkness.
You are wrong, there will be no new moderators. Over 60 people will be kicked out and their job should do 6-8 actuall community managers who had a lot of other job. Welcome in Dark Ages.

And - Against kicking moderators out!

iplayforfun2 #28 Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:21 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25303 battles
This is a stupidly short sighted idea. Who on earth is running WG???

No moderators are perfect, but overall the WOT mods are fine.

"Against kicking out our moderators!".

Ding760 #29 Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:31 AM

Major

• Player
  • 9443 battles
"Due to this change we will not be able to reward you with Gold for your volunteer work. This does not mean we do not welcome your help."

If I said that to a person in real life under the circumstances...I'd probably get a punch to my face! The nerve -.-

ArmsAndLegsGuy #30 Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Translator
  • 7907 battles

View Posthelot, on 25 January 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

Do you know how much they get?

Moderators got 250 gold pr day they moderated, and could get a bonus on top of that, at the end of the month based on how active they had been.

They did not get any other perks. The only time they got to play on accounts with free gold and all tanks, was during the KTC/KTM events, where 3-5 accounts were made available, for Moderators and other Community Contributors (wiki editors, newsletter people etc) could sign up for 1 hour slots.

Those events (of which there is one supposedly this weekend) ran for the whole weekend, and mods + Comunity contributors could sign up for max 3 or 4 1 hour slots pr day if I recall correctly.

You'll find that it was not for the extra gold that people did moderator or any other kind of volunteer duty.

A&L-Guy

Laughter #31 Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16826 battles
  • [PTS] PTS
Funny thing is everyone has been complaining about the moderators being bad since closed beta, now they're being removed everyone is crying. Having been a moderator I agree with the decision as its logical to removed unsuitable volunteers and replace them with employees who are far more motivated to work.

Personally I think there are about 5 moderators that I can safely say are good (and one of them is actually working for WG now :D) the others well some are good, some are just dire.

Bounty85 #32 Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 35430 battles

View Postvuque, on 25 January 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

Looks like you guys are missing the point.
They are hiring full time moderators.The new moderators are going to do this job as a job and get paid with real money and they will be the professional one's.
Probably we will get more support,we will get fair judgement.
They are not going to let forums to rot at the darkness.

I can speak only about the german forum but there the moderators are fair in judgement. And this is the point. How should one person handle the whole german forum? And in the other parts of the WoT forum it will be the same problem...

In one point you are wrong. Not all these people will be "professionals". You could apply yourself for this job some weeks ago. So the "new guys" will be player like the "old guys"...

decoke #33 Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:49 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39635 battles
I guess the ban hammer is a double edged sword.

You couldnt really expect them to keep on banning everyone and everything in sight for any random made up punishment of any days you like, then if the person was talking about it publicly the ban the same person again for talking about it, without banning themselves, for talking about it publicly even though they post on the forums and in the chat why you were banned.  Hypocrites to the max.

Or picking sides and being biased, banning only those who they disagree with, or who takes their fancy.

All of the events were geared around the moderators having fun, the courier and beat the moderators, yeah ok anything else our royal family would like to do in the game before they leave?  how about a quick brag how awesome your moderator stats are and then tell everyone its your leet skeels.

As an english speaker I was often embarassed to see people getting banned so casually for a few luls in the chat with the cheerleader brown nosers cheering the mods on, just because they were using a different language.

volunteering for gold.  thats like paying volunteer policemen to go catch people speeding.  youll see nothing but a rise of conflict and disgruntled people from it, as the police walk away with their pockets full and their heads held high.  there is a reason that shit doesnt go on in the real world, its called corruption.

Seriously you cant expect to just get away with all of that crap forever, can you?

Less moderator spamming the chat rooms now, nice.  Things will flow better instead of being interupted by "look at me" cut and paste jobs.

Trent #34 Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:04 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 10516 battles
Lol at moderator explaining some things calmly (Bundin) and getting -2 on his post in this very thread. (edit: ok, it's -1 now)

We have a saying in my country (can't think a similar one in English off the top of my head): "If you want to hit a dog, you'll always find a stick to do it with". And WG is the dog in question here.

I do have some doubts about some details (emphasis on "doubts" in its literal meaning, not an euphemism; if someone is unsure what it means, there's always a dictionary), but I'm convinced that the general direction of this decision is right. And since I'm always "a glass half full" kind of a person, and prefer to be constructive about things, here's a couple of points:

1. It would be good if at least some of the moderators stayed on board as kind of official "Community Friends" - without mod rights, but explaining common questions, quick reporting of threads getting out of control etc., while still getting some compensation for their work. I'm pretty sure some of them will do it regularly anyway, and it will be a good use of the "mods - former mods" direct channels of communication already mentioned in the letter.

2. More consistency in moderating, at least in theory: people working in one physical place can consult with each other much more efficiently ("Hey guys, someone posted a photo of his dick on the forum - you think he deserves a ban?")

3. I'm pretty sure that during the future Kill The Courier (and similar) events, some of the former mods will be the persons that WG will turn to for driving the official accounts.

4. New head of Euro office has almost 26 years of experience in the field of customer service - that's more than some guys here can speak, let alone write a correct sentence.

5. Not sure about the total "work hours" put into moderating before and after - comparing the raw number of "the hired professionals" vs. "the volunteers" may sound scary, but if we assume (and I may be totally wrong here, I admit) that no more than 1-2 of a full-time mod's work hours per day will be put towards something other than moderating... I doubt many of the mods worked that much - and even if they did, it was probably more at the leisurely pace.

6. This is not "overnight" change, as someone wrote - seems like current mods still stay in place until end of February, giving some transition time to new mods.

7. One thing for sure: there will be less persons to write "English only here, please" in the game general and companies chat :P

8. And lol at all the guys who think this was done so WG doesn't have to pay volunteers. (OK, that point was not too constructive.)

Other than that, Afghane stated perfectly what I wanted to say:

View PostAfghane, on 25 January 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

Community cries for ages - "OMG OMG WG moderators suck, all lame, WG sucks"
Moderators get the boot - "OMG OMG WG sucks, all lame, we love moderators"

Tells a lot how mature and non-biased this forum is. Bottom line is, WG needs to have it's customer relations, forum included, handled by PROFESSIONALS. The kind that come to work from 9 to 5 and are accountable to a big boss upstairs if they mess up. It's a natural evolution.

What's debateable is the reward given to the volunteer former moderators. I think they deserve more than 3 months premium, or at least a reward scaled according to their time with WG. If a guy has worked for WG for 2 years he deserves more than the moderator hired last month.

But in general the letter is very polite and shows respect for the volunteer work done (remunerated in gold, but still stressful). Not a reason to start a revolt. Especially when your point is that you deserve to be a moderator. Anarchist =/= moderator. You lose face. WG loses face. Don't do it.

ZeZergling #35 Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:12 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
A lot of the mods are on ego-trips and abuse their power though... wonder if the new mods will be any different.

Plasma_Fire #36 Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19687 battles
Remove them all, who needs them anyway?

Rockarola #37 Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6982 battles

Remove them all, who needs them anyway?

Yeah right, because everybody on these forums are mature, intelligent people, who can easily moderate themselves!
If I want to see trolls, flamewars and pictures of epic failures I'll go to 4chan, not here  :Smile-izmena:

XxXSpottedYouXxX #38 Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:14 AM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077
Not sure what to say...

:o

JohnDask #39 Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11771 battles
Moderators are necessary to keep the forum civil. If 30 moderators will be replaced by 8 WG employees that only moderate as a secondary task, I think the forums will suffer much from trolling/flaming/spamming.

G1lze #40 Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15992 battles
Its not good idea to remove mods, becouse I dont believe that the new crew will manage to support all the forum and all the EU players.
But remember: Moderators is a volunteer, who offered himself in to this duty. So demanding of bigger salary is... shame  :Smile-hiding: since is not a job offer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users