• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

Rankkis #41 Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 33573 battles

View PostLaughter, on 25 January 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

everyone is crying.

I am not crying over this. At least not yet. Let's see again after we get some taste of how professional the professionals really are.

Arkhell #42 Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles
It's sad that they will be dumping the current mod team except a few of them) i liked most of them.

They did get a bonus for doing it but it was a small bonus because it's on a free basis and they didn't do it for the bonus, making it 20K gold and prem will just get you a lot of F*tards that are just doing it for the bonus and will prolly never be on the forum or just trolling around.

Xarper #43 Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14424 battles
This sounds bad at first, but I think it will be for the best. It shows that WG want to improve relationship with the community. At least more people from WG will check out the forum   :lol:

And I don't feel sorry about anyone losing their free gold ammo source. Also, @OP : helping others has nothing to do with moderating.

Harim #44 Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10679 battles
Hu, we will see, how this will develop.

If we will get a working community management and WG will take care of the european community, everything will be better or at least get better after a while.

So, give them time.... BUT hopefully the new ones in Paris don't work in normal WG speed, because this will mean, we will get a kind of improvement in wintertime 2012 or at the beginning of 2013...  :Smile-hiding:

RokRoland #45 Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13996 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET
There should be jobs for all and no unemployment, so I demand more mods...

Wait, they are actually hiring people paid with real life money to do this task. It goes without saying they should be professional, if perhaps not so knowledgeable about individual topics, but that is hardly relevant for forum moderation.

In the end they are probably aiming for better moderation and less power tripping. Just because the mods aren't players anymore doesn't mean they will be crap. They are actually spending extra money on moderation by doing this. A bit of free gold is hardly comparable to the wages of several people.

Edit: And the OP is stating that moderators were the ones helping with the game mechanics on the forum? To that I say WTF, sure some mods have been helpful, then again others have been relatively clueless about even basic things like view range, while a lot haven't bothered. There will be active people on this forum as long as there are active people in the game, and they will answer questions without gold rewards, as they have done so already. A mod stands for moderating, not for tutoring.

XiTiX #46 Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16321 battles
  • [0WNED] 0WNED

View PostLaughter, on 25 January 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

Funny thing is everyone has been complaining about the moderators being bad since closed beta, now they're being removed everyone is crying. Having been a moderator I agree with the decision as its logical to removed unsuitable volunteers and replace them with employees who are far more motivated to work.

Personally I think there are about 5 moderators that I can safely say are good (and one of them is actually working for WG now :D) the others well some are good, some are just dire.
Ok, but is the reduction of the whole staff into just couple of core people viable option? If the mods were so bad, why not let the new community guys let manage their respective mod team better? Identify clear rules of conduct and follow through?

I have sneaking suspicion that some form of forum moderation done by volunteers will return. I am not entirely sure such a small team can run the forums and the events in the same quality and quantity as before, but I could be underestimating them. I certainly wish they have the capacity for that as otherwise I don't feel I'll like coming to the forums again seeing all the troll crap and scam gold offers.

Tanya #47 Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 54 battles
Freedom of speech longed by some is finally here! Was there, seen that in other games.

Will read News section only for some time, won't enter General channel ingame. Better for nerves.

future_shock #48 Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34980 battles
It's actually cool that the mods are kicked. In my opinion, they did their job not so well and i needed to contact support too often because of biased moderators. I even stopped paying for WoT because of a biased moderator (support knows it).

So, now it's over. Good thing  :Smile_honoring: Like someone wrote before, better less professional community manager then many unprofessional, biased mods.

Dibuk #49 Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5436 battles
  • [LUBE] LUBE
Professional Moderators are crap generally, just sayin'.

mystikro #50 Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33229 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBounty85, on 25 January 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

Do not spent any longer money!
Been doing that for a few months now. :D
On the topic, TBH, I don't care. They can kick all of them, except for LiannaSilverwind, the only mod that actually messaged me to fix problems before starting bans and shit and never had a superior attitude in the conversation, unlike some d-bags I know, with tiny cojones IRL.

MaxP779 #51 Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 12427 battles

View PostBounty85, on 25 January 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

Dear WoT-Community,

did some of you have troubles when they started playing World of Tanks? Did some of you have questions about the game, the game physic or something else? The easiest (and best) way to get a answer was to contact a moderator.

In future you will not be able to do this. Why? The "professional management" in Paris decided to kick out each person who is a moderator at the moment. Well, maybe you think these people know a little bit about business. But...

In the german forum we have nearly 30 persons who give help when it´s needed. They don´t be paid for this, they just get a small bonus in the game for their work. And these persons always made a great job. So, 30 persons are a hugh number right?

No! If you buy WoT in a DVD-Box there is a slogan on it. Already 7 million player. In Russia, Europe and the USA. From these 7 million are maybe one or two million in Europe. This is a hugh number! And for all these players there will be seven, maybe eight or nine persons to take care. For British, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Polish, Czechs. Finally one for each language...

Do you spent money in WoT? I did! How much? More than 500 Euro. And 500 Euro are fuckin much money but what can i say? I was the biggest fan of this game. The most people spent only ten, twenty, maybe fifty euro. And this is already much money. If every player spent ten euro WG would had earn already 70 million euro. And the most player have spent a little bit more, i know this.

By all the money they made they can´t give their moderators a great bonus in the game a month? They have to kick them out and put in a hand of people? WTF!?

What would be fair? This is just my opinion: for every person who is working (hard) as moderator, volunteer etc 20.000 gold and free premium, each month. Why? Be sure that moderators in the WoT forum are not a kind of jackasses. Absolutly not. They deserve this! Without these guys WG can close the forum. And without the forum no user have the chance to bring in his ideas and critic. Without this WoT is at the end, many good ideas we have today in the game were made by the community. Not by the "professional management"!

To WG and the office in Paris, of course you can ignore this. But at the moment you are producing World of Warplanes and World of Battleships. Two games you want make money with. I thought about spending money for these games. But now...

I only can give all players the advise:

Do not spent any longer money! Stand your ground for those who helped you always when it was needed!

If you agree with the text, give me a simple "Against kicking out our moderators!".

C´ya, Bounty

[Edit] Sry for my bad english, i´m not using it often  :Smile-hiding:

Good! Current moderators are heavy handed and a PITA more than helpful. "Speak english in chat!!!!!" *5 people then banned*

Wargaming to reward your good decision to get rid of them i will buy a type 59 when it is available in addition to getting an IS6. Do not be fooled by the people who are displeased with this action the vast majority of people who play your game will be pleased with not getting banned for flimsy reasons.

Keep up the good work! :)

SeverianPL #52 Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14096 battles
  • [-BD-] -BD-

"Speak english in chat!!!!!" *5 people then banned*
Read rules - general chat is english only chat.

Agent_327 #53 Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 19599 battles
  • [CAF] CAF
I don't know what to say or mean here.. WG seriously needs to improve customer relations so that is nice to see that they are actually doing something, but kicking all moderators and all volunteers.. I am not sure that it's a wise decision. I really hope that it does and usually when a company does things like that are there something happening behind the scenes that we ordinary users doesn't know.

All we can do is hope that WG will inform timely and thoroughly in the future :P

MaxP779 #54 Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:27 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 12427 battles

View PostSeverianPL, on 25 January 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

Read rules - general chat is english only chat.

Im from the country that invented the language so don't lecture me on the rules.

Its absolute BS that is enforced so heavy handedly, it should be a warning when people log onto chat, not ban material.

necrodeath #55 Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14485 battles
So i can't even use the general chat soon... Damnit.

Imo the mod team has mostly been fair and relaxed from what i've seen and experienced.  :Smile-hiding:
Doesn't mean shit doesn't happen, but that's life and it can only go downhill from here.

SeverianPL #56 Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14096 battles
  • [-BD-] -BD-

Im from the country that invented the language so don't lecture me on the rules.
So? Cause you are from GB you don't need to read rules?

BravelyRanAway #57 Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24350 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
I'm not too sure if I should be glad or sad over this. In all the games I play most Mods are drawn for the playing ranks. Why? because they play the game and can relate to the frustrations or good points of a game.
Many Mods love the games they play and go the extra mile to understand how the game works and help players more because they know for the most part what their talking about.
Professional moderating on the other hand is just work, checking against a set list of rules that Wargaming supply to them. Hopefully they will be forced to play the game to get some understanding of how it works.
But without a passion for the game we will get bland meaningless moderating.
On the bright side at least they will improve the spelling, punctuation and grammar.
Stand by for an increase in the use of the red text :P

Captain_Govorov #58 Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6767 battles

View PostTanya, on 25 January 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

Freedom of speech longed by some is finally here! Was there, seen that in other games.

Will read News section only for some time, won't enter General channel ingame. Better for nerves.

What good is freedom of speech when I don't have a soapbox to stand on?!

LimaBravo #59 Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31433 battles
  • [SCOT] SCOT
Personally I think the game needs new moderators.

Trent #60 Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 10516 battles

View PostSeverianPL, on 25 January 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

So? Cause you are from GB you don't need to read rules?
Judging by his stats, he also says "don't lecture me" to anyone who wants to teach him how to play :P No offense, Max.

I do agree with that bit, however:

View PostMaxP779, on 25 January 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

it should be a warning when people log onto chat, not ban material.
Simple warning text (like "English only, please!" on the upper bar of the respective chat windows) would save mods around 80% of their work on chats :D

And FYI: I only ever saw ROs handed out for breaking the "English only" rule to repeat offenders, after several warnings.

EDITED TO ADD:

Actually I should clarify that I do not agree with the "not ban material" part - warning that is not enforced will never be respected.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users