108 replies to this topic

Tamcia #61 Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 26278 battles

View Postlocualo, on 25 January 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

spend 500 euros XD

GET-A-LIFE

He's got a life, since he has a job. You on the other hand seem to be living out of your parent allowance...

mystikro #62 Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34051 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTamcia, on 25 January 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

He's got a life, since he has a job. You on the other hand seem to be living out of your parent allowance...
Agreed, but spending 500 Euro on a game is not something to be proud, on the contrary.

myusernamealreadyexists #63 Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 21431 battles
  • [HOD] HOD
I don't like ghost shells and want to keep our Mods, they're not perfect, but humans and part of the community.

BravelyRanAway #64 Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24528 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postmystikro, on 25 January 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

Agreed, but spending 500 Euro on a game is not something to be proud, on the contrary.
So he has money and spends it on his hobby and does no one any harm!
I know plenty of folks who spend that a month on drink and every weekend throw-up on the streets and get into fights over utter nonsense and take up space in our hospitals, all in the name of a good time, nothing to be proud of either. :mellow:

XiTiX #65 Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16602 battles
  • [0WNED] 0WNED
RE: flame on the guy spending over 500 Euros:

I think it is quite known fact that the forum folks althought they are minority in terms of overal number of the players tend to:
a )  spend more than average paying customer
b )  care more about the state of the game

So lets say if average ARPU for the whole server could be (wild guess) $2.5,  but forum people ARPU is $10 (another wild guess).

This is why you want your forums to be safe place with lot of valuable info on the game and good atmosphere. You want to have your spending-ready and caring community kept encouraged to keep spending, right?

I am not quite sure that reducing the staff is exactly going to do this, but hey, we may get surprised!

Bounty85 #66 Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 35430 battles
At first, 500 Euro are too much money to spent it in one game. Be sure i´m not proud of this. I played nearly nothing else in 2011 so it was going a little bit to the extreme. But pls, i wrote this thread cause i believe that eight moderators can´t handle the whole community.

I´m a little bit afraid that all threads will go to these "professional" moderators first. And they will decide which one is good enough for the forum. So we would see many (good and constructive) threads never here in the forum. And about critic we don´t have to talk...

I hope we´ll be surprised. But i wouldn´t bet on this (i can´t, i have no more money  :Smile_harp: ).

@mystikro: nice foot line  :)

FootballFan #67 Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 23494 battles
Its only his bloody business what he spends his money on, so get lost with your "Get a life" and other jealous comments.

About the mods:

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddddddddddooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmm

MaxP779 #68 Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 12427 battles

View PostSeverianPL, on 25 January 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

So? Cause you are from GB you don't need to read rules?

Learn to read. I said English in chat should not be enforced so heavy handedly.

If you are one of these types who cant think beyond "the rules" i.e. you cant think for yourself, don't waste your time replying.

costi #69 Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 5104 battles
  • [PPC] PPC

View PostAfghane, on 25 January 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

Community cries for ages - "OMG OMG WG moderators suck, all lame, WG sucks"
Moderators get the boot - "OMG OMG WG sucks, all lame, we love moderators"

Tells a lot how mature and non-biased this forum is. Bottom line is, WG needs to have it's customer relations, forum included, handled by PROFESSIONALS. The kind that come to work from 9 to 5 and are accountable to a big boss upstairs if they mess up. It's a natural evolution.

What's debateable is the reward given to the volunteer former moderators. I think they deserve more than 3 months premium, or at least a reward scaled according to their time with WG. If a guy has worked for WG for 2 years he deserves more than the moderator hired last month.

But in general the letter is very polite and shows respect for the volunteer work done (remunerated in gold, but still stressful). Not a reason to start a revolt. Especially when your point is that you deserve to be a moderator. Anarchist =/= moderator. You lose face. WG loses face. Don't do it.
This.

Sorry, guys, learn to move on. You were not kicked, you received a polite "thank you" letter, some compensation, and, as I understand it, still have a way to help WG (and the community in a way) via the special subforum and contact with the devs. Is that not enough?

I don't want this to sound offensive, but so far it seems to me that someone is complaining that his source of free gold ran out...

decoke #70 Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39635 battles
well they could have simply changed the rules, or updated the chat system to bring it more inline with this centurys way of thinking to avoid all of that conflict.  how long has the chat been titled General chat, no wonder people walk in there and speak their own language.  most of the time, peoples language that i dont understand scrolls by quite happily.  more than i can say for the cut and paste pages of spam the moderators would put up.  the only times i ever noticed someone was speaking another language was when either a mod made it known or another chat police wannabe threatens them with a "ban if a mod sees you" and brings attention to it.  i think we europeans can bloody cope with other language by now.  try enjoying the fun of figuring out context from a language you dont know, it helps you to pick up what some of it means.  and the most ironic part of all of this how large parts of the game are in german already.  how about english speakers cope with finding an english channel to chat in.

you cant even change the size of the chat window and it remembers it so everyone is always trying to read from the back of a cigarette packet.  no wonder its creating havoc.

pfft rules.  rules can be changed if it is not working.  why the random days of chat ban at the moderators pleasure?  why not just a half hour mute or some kind of effort to actually keep people happy than banning them and basically breeding disgruntled players.  why were they handing out bans and getting everyone else in the chat to cheer along like it was some sort of private server they were an admin of booting people cos they just felt like it.

why even have moderators who play the game on the same account, they could have just made another account for moderating on that doesnt create any bias or untoward feelings, what is with the red name why dont they ever open up private chats to sort things out why is it all for show?

it could have just been worked out properly using knowledge of how people are in chat rooms and the other functions like a list of rooms and people in them etc so its easier to just right click a name and select ignore, or make a private channel all of those instant messenger type things.  its just out of date imo.  you could have just made the main chat channel for seeking help and as an entrance lobby only.  too easy right?

this is just like the type 59 thing.  or the pre order rerere-release thing.  just pull the plug instead of making it work.  which i really am not sure if it is a good or bad thing.  and i have no idea what stunt will happen next.

XiTiX #71 Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16602 battles
  • [0WNED] 0WNED

View Postcosti, on 25 January 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

I don't want this to sound offensive, but so far it seems to me that someone is complaining that his source of free gold ran out...
That could be the case for some individuals, but not for the whole team. I think it is better to keep the wider team, get rid of the ones that underperform or misbehave and lead the others to be quality. And reward them too, especially when the gold is free to generate if you are company running the game.

Maybe the team got too big and out of hand, but lot of people were worthy additions. Parting with them this way may not encourage them to be so cooperative going forward.

Firefly__xD #72 Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25171 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
Mods didn't become mod for the gold. In fact, we didn't even know that we would receive gold. It was not mentioned in the recruitment post. The people who signed up just for the gold failed to become a mod because either their applications were not good or they didn't pass the tests.
I would gladly continue moderating if WG had decided not to reward us anymore.

schuberth #73 Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 9355 battles
The moderating team was very.... diverse. And the decisions (banning, junking, etc) were also very diverse. I hope that the new moderation team can do better. I thank some of the old team and hope that they can maybe be integrated into the "new and improved"  way of doing things.

carvillan #74 Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10297 battles
Here come the neg reps no doubt BUT..............

I thought they were a bit draconian in dishing out r/only bans for some stuff that they would do themselves.  FFS I got r/o ban for having red writing in my sig.  

I suppose Lia will probaly sell that VK3601H now that she, he, it won't have free gold ammo any more.

Firefly__xD #75 Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25171 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View Postschuberth, on 25 January 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

The moderating team was very.... diverse. And the decisions (banning, junking, etc) were also very diverse. I hope that the new moderation team can do better. I thank some of the old team and hope that they can maybe be integrated into the "new and improved"  way of doing things.
The new mods will act in the same way because they also will be forced to follow the special moderation procedures. If those say that the creator of a racist thread should be banned for a week, then he's going to get banned for a week. Mods don't/can't create their own rules.

Szalona #76 Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 12921 battles
  • [1PADS] 1PADS
I will not miss the mods.

they were too happy to close topics important for players when some trolling was going on there, instead cleaning them. This was lazy moderation, to get as many "activity" as possible to stay in mods team and maybe get some bonus "based on activity".

View PostFireflyDivision, on 25 January 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

The new mods will act in the same way because they also will be forced to follow the special moderation procedures. If those say that the creator of a racist thread should be banned for a week, then he's going to get banned for a week. Mods don't/can't create their own rules.
In many cases - yes, but also many important/legit topics were close under "some trolling came up, closing topic, yey yey I got +1 in activity", instead cleaning it.

Example : first from top: http://forum.worldof...eep-a-customer/

BravelyRanAway #77 Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24528 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostFireflyDivision, on 25 January 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

Mods didn't become mod for the gold. In fact, we didn't even know that we would receive gold. It was not mentioned in the recruitment post. The people who signed up just for the gold failed to become a mod because either their applications were not good or they didn't pass the tests.
I would gladly continue moderating if WG had decided not to reward us anymore.
I agree. The Mods were picked from the forum because of their zeal, knowledge and willingness to help promote the game long before any offers of gold as a reward.
Being active on the forum before they were picked gave a track record for WG to check as regards constructive V's flame posts.
Of course after it was realised that Gold could be had for moderating, this perhaps diluted the quality of the applications later.
But the original Mods have good heart and care greatly for the game. :Smile_great:

UselessRandomBot #78 Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31306 battles
20000 gold and month premium? just to write things and to do a thing that no1 asked to them?

absolutely no obviously ;)

Cippalippus #79 Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 34448 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS
If people want to help out newcomers, they can do it for free, as I do on the italian forums.
[Inappropriate remarks about moderators / Costumer Service Team], I just spent 100 euros in gold. Thank you wargaming!

future_shock #80 Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35032 battles

View PostCippalippus, on 25 January 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

If people want to help out newcomers, they can do it for free, as I do on the italian forums.
As a thank you to Wargaming for kicking out useless moderators, I just spent 100 euros in gold. Thank you wargaming!

I just extended my premium account for 1 month, for the same reason :Smile_honoring:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users