world of planes- not WG?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

BambaZonke #21 Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12240 battles
  • [TOPG] TOPG
I wont be waisting drive space on WoWP... No RAF, even though the trailer shows British aircraft and the comunity here were assured they would be included at release.

Instead what do we get, USA, Germany and USSR.

What a crock!

WoP on the other hand I am considering they don't seem to be as anti UK

BZ

mystikro #22 Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31130 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
yeah, well, the most famous WW2 air force is the RAF. ignoring this is just a no-no. I mean, they literally stopped Hitler from invading the last country in Europe. how can you be so ignorant as to not include RAF as the first thing in the game? I'm not british, but I do give respect where it is due.
then the second most known air force is Luftwaffe.
the third most known is the US Air Force.
the fourth is the Japanese Air Force.
the fifth is the USSR Air Force.

I know there is big penis envy from the russians regarding fame, but I rather have the first 3 at launch date then the last 2, during updates.

Kifli #23 Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8622 battles

View PostDerZivilist, on 25 January 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

Yes, they are also making a game about aerial combat with historical planes. The two companies more or less announced their projects within a few days of each other, and neither had an idea the other was doing the same.

the two games seems similar but only for some one who read game names . Wop confirm that his game will have view from cockpit , realistic bullet traectory , realistic flight model , wowp on the other hand anunced that woldnt have any think of this (100% arcade) . Also wowp developers said that the game will be like in wot ( 15 vs 15 and instead of a flag provably an objetive to destroy ) but wop dont say anythink about that . wop will be similar to birds of prey in game play , but in wowp i newer heard a explanation about how game play ll be, ets ets ets ....

ironhammer500 #24 Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5766 battles

View Postmystikro, on 26 January 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

yeah, well, the most famous WW2 air force is the RAF. ignoring this is just a non-no. I mean, they literally stopped Hitler from invading the last country in Europe. how can you be so ignorant as to not include RAF as the first thing in the game? I'm not british, but I do give respect where it is due.then the second most known air force is Luftwaffe.the third most known is the US Air Force.the fourth is the Japanese Air Force.the fifth is the USSR Air Force.I know there is big penis envy from the russians regarding fame, but I rather have the first 3 at launch date then the last 2, during updates.
+1 this is why i wont play it, coz the brits are not in it  :Smile-izmena: and something tells me WG has a vendetta for brits as they added french tanks before brits....ok they are good for ppl who liked the french tanks, but come on ppl wanted the brits so quit stalling!
And i highlighted the reason in bold its coz ppl dont think of the russians for a powerfull air force..i mean not till 1950s+ did they get any real fighters, i dont remember any Russian WW2 planes that were famous compared to the infamous spitfire or hurricane.
WoWP will be a flop without the brits...im sorry

Kifli #25 Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8622 battles

View Postironhammer500, on 26 January 2012 - 01:04 PM, said:

+1 this is why i wont play it, coz the brits are not in it  :Smile-izmena: and something tells me WG has a vendetta for brits as they added french tanks before brits....ok they are good for ppl who liked the french tanks, but come on ppl wanted the brits so quit stalling!
And i highlighted the reason in bold its coz ppl dont think of the russians for a powerfull air force..i mean not till 1950s+ did they get any real fighters, i dont remember any Russian WW2 planes that were famous compared to the infamous spitfire or hurricane.
WoWP will be a flop without the brits...im sorry
ingnorance are hight in this one ....
list of soviet militar planes

jodgi #26 Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38196 battles
Some of you seem to put a lot of faith into Gaijin making a realistic MMO flightsim, why?
Maybe they're trying this time, but I'll cut off my head if they can even get close to Aces High in that regard.

Maybe Gaijin will make a fun game? I'm sort of expecting WoWP to be fun.
WG are at least honest about making some arcade/gameplay choices to make WoWP fun and accessible.

The IL2 series has been good, some aspects and details are excellent, but IMO neither they can touch Aces High in the pure plane- and flight modelling department.

If you really want the most realistic MMO, Aces High has everyone beat, now and way back when.

If you want fun there are many choices.

Aces High is fantastic fun for those who have the will to get good enough to be competitive.

Yours, maybe not infinitely humble,

jodgi

Kifli #27 Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8622 battles

View Postjodgi, on 26 January 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Some of you seem to put a lot of faith into Gaijin making a realistic MMO flightsim, why?
Maybe they're trying this time, but I'll cut off my head if they can even get close to Aces High in that regard.

Maybe Gaijin will make a fun game? I'm sort of expecting WoWP to be fun.
WG are at least honest about making some arcade/gameplay choices to make WoWP fun and accessible.

The IL2 series has been good, some aspects and details are excellent, but IMO neither they can touch Aces High in the pure plane- and flight modelling department.

If you really want the most realistic MMO, Aces High has everyone beat, now and way back when.

If you want fun there are many choices.

Aces High is fantastic fun for those who have the will to get good enough to be competitive.

Yours, maybe not infinitely humble,

jodgi

off topik ! also aces high have monthly fee

pepens #28 Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14656 battles

View PostKifli, on 26 January 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

ingnorance are hight in this one ....
list of soviet militar planes
Yes and they were so successful that german aces had kills at eastern front measured in hundreds...

jodgi #29 Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38196 battles

View PostKifli, on 26 January 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

off topik ! also aces high have monthly fee

Oh? I made comparisons between the three inspired by posts already in this thread.

I didn't mean for anything to go sideways.

guguloi #30 Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

Heart Smasher

• Player
  • 50782 battles
  • [FOCA] FOCA

View Postjodgi, on 26 January 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Why? For me is because of competition. Look at WoT. Sure is fun (when you're lucky with MM, team and RNG is on your side) but it has flaws (major ones like MM for example) and devs are sloooow on fixing them. Why? Because no competition for WoT.

I can bet that if it was at least one game similar to WoT and it was slightly better then all WoT devs will work with the speed of light to keep WoT on par with that hypothetical competitor...

popuptoaster #31 Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17880 battles
  • [R_T_R] R_T_R

View Postmystikro, on 26 January 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

yeah, well, the most famous WW2 air force is the RAF. ignoring this is just a non-no. I mean, they literally stopped Hitler from invading the last country in Europe. how can you be so ignorant as to not include RAF as the first thing in the game? I'm not british, but I do give respect where it is due.
then the second most known air force is Luftwaffe.
the third most known is the US Air Force.
the fourth is the Japanese Air Force.
the fifth is the USSR Air Force.

I know there is big penis envy from the russians regarding fame, but I rather have the first 3 at launch date then the last 2, during updates.

I agree with this, but to be honest I see no reason why they can't just release the game with all of them in it at once, even if the trees are less populated and extra planes are added in updates, I mean, the complicated stuff is in the game engine and getting it to play nicely, adding planes may take a while with the moddeling and balancing, but its nothing compared to actually making the game work ok, adding extra models with different stats is the simple part.

I'd rather have ten planes each from five nations at the start than 20 planes each from three nations.

jodgi #32 Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38196 battles

View Postguguloi, on 26 January 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

Why? For me is because of competition. Look at WoT. Sure is fun (when you're lucky with MM, team and RNG is on your side) but it has flaws (major ones like MM for example) and devs are sloooow on fixing them. Why? Because no competition for WoT.

I can bet that if it was at least one game similar to WoT and it was slightly better then all WoT devs will work with the speed of light to keep WoT on par with that hypothetical competitor...

Ah, agreed then.

WoT does enjoy some sort of monopoly for now, WoWP most definitely will not.

From what the devs have said WoWP won't be the most realistic MMO sim out there. The competition will make WG strive to make WoWP best in the niche they're currently alone in; concentrated battles in a MMO-ish setting.

Earlier I was getting at Gaijin's reputation based on their earlier products: not exactly the pinnacle of anything, really.  ;)

Selous #33 Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 30220 battles
I am interested in flying game , used to be an old school  flight sim fan .

Honestly if its  a choice between a skill based simulator style game or an arcade non skill based game where the server rolls a metaphorical dice and determines that an IL2 will penetrate/kill an F16 while it bounces/crit hits for zero damge the IL2 , then I know what I will play.

DougHole #34 Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 7178 battles
WOW Tier 1

Posted Image

Tier 2

http://www.sonarbang...-bike_thumb.jpg

Within 5 seconds of game start:

Posted Image

Intruder313 #35 Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8644 battles

View Postgizaman, on 25 January 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

Oh you have also seen fast and furious 3...nice movie.

Or maybe like me he just knew this from a store of generally useless, general knowledge.
(I've not seen Fast and Furious since the first 2).

jodgi #36 Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38196 battles

View PostDougHole, on 26 January 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

WOW Tier 1
<cut>
Tier 2
<cut>
<cut>

Your're such a cynic...

shiftypowers2002 #37 Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11555 battles
  • [MIS] MIS

View PostDougHole, on 26 January 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

WOW Tier 1

Posted Image

Tier 2

http://www.sonarbang...-bike_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

U know doug that's exactly how i pictured it, exactly.

:blink:

Boomer7 #38 Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9439 battles
  • [BM] BM
Well reading a bit on the World of PLanes page they have some lofty goals, if they manage them it will be a heck of a game.
If not it will descend into flames.

World of Planes cannot be fought by aviation alone, so the game will also expose players to combat on land and at sea.

Combined arms games have been tried before, and except on the strategic level I can not remember one doing it well.

jodgi #39 Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38196 battles

View PostSelous, on 26 January 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

I am interested in flying game , used to be an old school  flight sim fan .

Honestly if its  a choice between a skill based simulator style game or an arcade non skill based game where the server rolls a metaphorical dice and determines that an IL2 will penetrate/kill an F16 while it bounces/crit hits for zero damge the IL2 , then I know what I will play.

Yes.

I just hope that with all the simplification they will do the characteristics of planes will still bleed through. It would kill the experience if FW190's can sorta keep up with spits in slow turnfights, if 109's still respond to elevator control at high speed, if the la-5 and 7's 20mm guns have equal ballistics trajectory to the hispanos on spits and so on.

The WoWP forum is down right now, but I seem to remember a dev remark that went something along the lines of: <terribly paraphrased> "We won't keep to the historical climbrates of, say, 2000 feet/min..." <- THAT scares me. :o

jodgi #40 Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38196 battles

View PostBoomer7, on 26 January 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Well reading a bit on the World of PLanes page they have some lofty goals, if they manage them it will be a heck of a game.
If not it will descend into flames.

Combined arms games have been tried before, and except on the strategic level I can not remember one doing it well.

Even the goal of winning the war as a combined motivation for the entire playerbase is a dodgy concept. WoWP will have an easier time as they restrict everything down to small concentrated matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users