Tea, Milk and sugar are over on that table. If you want coffee, I suggest you try the French or German Forums! Mess Webley is over on that table. Please try not to get them mixed up.
Right then, to business. So why have I called you all here? Well I thought it would be an idea to share what we know about This British tech tree thingy that Overlord has mentioned several times. Seeing as this is going to require a spying campaign that will make the SOE proud. Lets just hope that we don't replicate the Germans efforts during WWII.
So far most of the information we've gleaned comes from questions to Overlord, in the Q&A thread.
We know (Keep in mind this is "Know" in the intelligence sense, so might be carefully laid trap or miss-information, or just plain damn wrong, as we've drawn the wrong conclusions from it) the following:
Please read this about super-test leaks:
Especially this point:
Opperation Roundel (Last updated 17/2/13)
Dossier on British tanks: Top Secret (NATO Level)
Tier I will "Most likely" be the Vickers Medium MKI. (Source Q&A Thread)
Firefly and Cromwell will Be Tier 6 researchable Mediums. (Source Q&A Thread, and: Firefly for T6)
Tortoise will be Tier 8. This is extrapolated from Overlord saying that the 32Pdr gun would be very weak for Tier 9. (Source Q&A Thread)
Will not be out in Q2 (I suspect Q4 personally). (Source Q&A Thread)
Churchill will get its hill climbing ability in 7.2 (Source: Q&A thread)
Tanks curently modelled: Two Churchills, two Matildas, M3 Grant, two Sentinels, Crusader, Sherman Firefly, Tortoise. (Source: Q&A Thread)
Overlord has also said the Grant Turret would be a researchable upgrade to the Lee. (Source: Q&A Thread. Thanks soramirez)
Centurion as medium. (Source: Q&A Thread)
Elijah_Sovietsky found this screen shot of the A39 Tortoise.
British tanks will be out in Q3 2012. (Source: Interview with Sergey Burkatovskiy, Wargaming.net Lead Game Designer.)
More on the Tortoise. (Source: Overlord comments.. Via deveen23.)
British Tech tree "still being worked upon" (Source: You Ask We Reply #13.)
Hot from the comunity meeting, the original aim was to have the release at tankfest. But due to the techtree being a tad inaccurate (and The_Challenger has fixed it for us) it looks like it will be the end of the year.
Two days, two updates... is this momentum?
PC Gamer Video, which will make allot of people happy! (Thanks saml6131, and a few other people who spotted it)
Possible tech tree? Found by Supernashwan
High Res version can be found here.
On the up side it does include some of what we know. However there are some oddities and its missing some tanks we know are done. So Fan based or official? Your call.
Oh and in case you're wondering about the title, I can't edit that any more...
Second edit today! fresh from the cheapseats (General disscussions). Thanks Strv.
Muwhahahaha! Do you think that left a mark?
Edit three, More Tank porn! Courtesy of Douxz
More pics from MungaH
Oh god! The MKVII has track links on the turret! TAKE MY MONEY!
Unconfirmed reports suggest a very fast roll out for the british tree's. Of course these are wild rumours. And so far there is no "Rumour control" (Obscure film refrence). Courtesy of Douxz
7.3 RU (confirmed)
7.4 FR (confirmed)
7.5 UK (wave 1, not confirmed)
7.6 UK (wave 2, not confirmed)
7.7 DE (2nd TD line, not confirmed)
Is this the 17Lbr we'll get?
Found by Sotahullu. Disscusion thread can be found here:
Overlord has all but confirmed the FV 4005 stage 2 as top tier TD. his exact comments were that the top gun for the TD tree would be the 183mm, and as only one tank fits that bill...
Top gun in the FV215b will be a 130mm weapon... More details to follow.
(Source: Q&A thread)
And more details.
Overlord has said the 133mm gun will be "some naval stuff probably"
133mm (5,25") Naval weapon, from WWII?
From the SerB Q&A thread:
Most likely the "demi-Chieftain" FV4202 as the medium; as for the TD, we've talked about this - the FV215b or Conway 183mm.
This raises a big question... Just what the hell is going to be T9 TD for the Brits?
As pointed out above, T8 will be the Tortoise, this comment linked to Overlords earlier one says that the top of the tree will be the FV4005 stage 2. Leaving T9 empty?
We have a release date! Well possibly.
This little titbit was found by mokk713
Sexton screen shot. From Kazomir:
The British arrive in patch 7.5!
(only not the full tree)
Taken from the patch notes:
Oh and the Photo's are totally wrong.. someone needs to go to remedial tank spotting school.
Taken from the PC Gamer article.
Shots of a Matilda black prince from Kazomir
And this post is getting so big, that some really weird things happen when I hit "Edit"...
British tanks have been pushed back. Again:
Looks like Overlord owes me a fiver then! And all the cynical predictions of release in 2013 are on track to be right. Guess Overlords earlier comments about "Two tech tree's a year" as being reasonable are blown out the water as well. .
Looks like British tanks have been pushed even further back.
A: Brits are expected to arrive at the end of the year, the first British premium tank (Matilda Black Prince) is currently in testing.
The Curiosity has landed. Much to my amazement after hearing the description of the landing cycle!
Oh right British tanks...
Overlord (in the Q&A thread) has claimed that British tanks will be out in 8.1.
Video from gamescon of British tanks sitting around in a base.
Annoyingly they didn't feature the MKI Churchill, as I wanted to see if they'd fixed it.
Video from Gamescom, not that long, but does include a few good quality screens of British tanks, and their camo.
Matilda (A11) is a premium tank. (Source: Overlords Q&A)
Please do note that a Matilda (A11) is not the Matilda Senior (A12). The A12 is in the tech tree at Tier 4.
Update 26/9/12: Overlords last grilling.
The only bit of news is confirmation that there will be 5 branches to the tech tree, and that its 8.1 the British appear in (still wouldn't be surprised if they got shoved back again).
saml6131 found the information that the British are confirmed for 8.1, with the basic tree already posted, and a FV-4202 as Tier 10 Med. Nothing to surprising.
Update 4/10/12, The second
saml6131 has been a busy boy... you get the snooper gold star for today.
First we have the up to date Tech tree.
Then some screenshots. Just some links, as I'm getting worried over the loading time of this page...
Conqueror, Cruisers (assorted), Caernarvon + Conqueror, Cruisers (assorted) 2, Black Prince + Churchill MK VIII and That bloody frankensteins Churchill (and a Comet)
New screen shots.
Conqueror from Dane08
and two shots of the FV-215b from zuegma
FV-215b from fellowz.
saml6131 found pictures of the TOG II and an AT-15A. And he beat me to it by about half an hour.
Gratuitous tank porn from saml6131.
8.1 with added perfidious Albion comes out on the 31st.
So lets get out there and blast some french!
Congratulations to Conte_Vincero on winning the Grand national.
Update 1/11/12 "Its not over yet!
Much to my surprise, like channelling George Lucas or the Police Academy movies, more news is coming to light...
All From SerB:
- British TD characteristics? "Check the Tortoise, it represents a typical characteristic British TD"
- candidates for top tier light tanks: France - AMX-13/90 (stays), Britain - A46 (experimental post-war branch of light tanks)
Interesting news on the British TD though. As the Tortoise always seemed the odd one out when you compare it to other vehicles.
According to samphilconlor and Wot News (not been able to find the article to confirm it), as suspected the AT-15A and TOG II will be premiums available in the next patch.
Confirmed by the EU portal.
- there are discrepancies in FV215b armor sources (eg. the armor was made to be balanced this time).
I suspect that will cause some feathers to fly.
Some good news from the unofficial Q&A thread:
- tier 8 Centurion won't get a top gun penetration nerf
Still no feedback from the Devs about any serious fixes we've been asking for (whats that you say? Remember the E-100 you say?). However the 8.2 patch notes are up. See here for a full list.
Now the British relevant ones are:
As Expected: New Shinies for us.
- New premium tanks available for purchasing: British heavy tank TOG-2, British TD АТ-15А,
Which way do you think the armour will go?
- Changed to historical armouring of the Т-34-85, IS, Matilda (British) tanks.
Now the rest:
- Changed the weight of the AEC A190 engine from 400 to 800 kg.
The ugly:(Russian versions of Lend lease are better than their Home built versions?) Face it the LL Churchill is still the best Churchill in game!
- Changed the hull weight of the Valentine LL tank from 8700 to 8300 kg.
- Changed the hull weight of the Churchill LL tank from 22000 to 20869 kg.
The Minor tweaks.
- Reduced the research cost of the 2x Leyland E164 engine for Matilda tank to 310 experience points.
- Increased the research cost of the Churchill tank after the Matilda tank to 11500 experience points.
I really hope the new year will bring a serious set of stat fixes for the Brits.
From the Q&A translation thread:
-for now, top Brit medium won't get highpen premium shells
-British TD's and arties won't come in 8.3[...]
Just found this in the Q&A thread:
A:There are no current plans for this tank. But as we have already stated, the future of British tree is still under discussion.
• Gun dispersion on move increased by 25%
• Significantly increased the armoring of the tank
• Reloading time of 120 mm Gun L1A1 increased from 7.5 sec to 8.7 sec
• Dispersion of 120 mm Gun L1A1 increased by 14%
• Dispersion of 120 mm Gun L1A1 on turret rotation increased by 60%
• Dispersion of 120 mm Gun L1A1 increased from 0.32m to 0.33m
• Durability decreased from 2600 to 2500
Further to the above changes to the FV215b, we have more exact details from the US server (why they get detailed patch notes and the EU server dosen't i shall never know).
Found by Fearz84
Gun dispersion on move and rotation increased by 25%.
Weight of tank hull increased from 35270kg to 37358kg.
Armoring of FV215b turret front increased from 152mm to 254mm.
Armoring of FV215b turret 'cheekbones' increased from 112-130mm to 203-228mm.
Armoring of FV215b turret gun mantlet increased from 200mm to 254mm.
Armoring of FV215b turret sides increased from 89mm to 152.4mm.
Armoring of FV215b turret rear increased from 70mm to 101.6mm.
Commander's hatch armoring increase from 70-112mm to 101.6-152.4mm.
Armoring of top of hull front increased from 130 mm to 152.4mm.
Armoring of top sloped side of hull front increased from 51 mm to 101.6mm.
Armoring of hull sides increased from 130 mm to 152.4mm.
Armoring of hull rear increased from 51mm to 76.2mm.
Reloading time of 120 mm Gun L1A1 increased from 7.5 sec to 8.7 sec.
Dispersion of 120 mm Gun L1A1 increased by 14%.
Dispersion of 120 mm Gun L1A1 on turret rotation increased by 60%.
Dispersion of 120 mm Gun L1A1 increased from 0.32m to 0.33m.
Turret weight changed from 13800kg to 16500kg.
Durability decreased from 2600 to 2500.
Also the A33 Excelsior is destined to be in game. Found by mr3awsome.
Edit: Silent has said there's hints on the RU forums that the TD tree might come around April.
Tuccy has contacted me saying that the information form Silent Stalkers thread was lost in translation, and that's not what he said. He said there was the potential, not that there will be.
So that information has been pulled from the updates to avoid confusion.
You know that insanely heavy and powerful medium the Comet? The one with oversized ubber cannon? Well Apparently it has the matchmaking weight of a heavy tank...
From the Silent Q&A thread:
The Comet is so high on the list because its balancing weight is equal or higher to the tier 7 heavy tanks. In case the weight of the tanks is equal, the list is sorted alphabetically.
While the world didn't end, it might soon be for tanks down range of this!
Its the FV-215b with 183mm cannon. Interesting that the tank has gotten its 183mm and a new turret. Remember the rumour floating around is as far as we know wrong. It came from a mistranslated coment. SerB has also denied it.
So maybe the 215b is getting the 183mm as a heavy tank chassis and the FV-4005 stage 2 will become the tier 10 TD, as both used the same gun? Come round a corner and meet a 183mm on a heavy tank... that's going to cause a change of underwear.
Photo's posted on the EU forums by Dead3yez.
In other news from SIlent's thread the proposed release schedule is Chinese in the next patch, then British TD's.
Yes I'm prowling the forums on Christmas day... why? Because i'm stuck at work. Anyway from Silent's Q&A thread:
- German med branch: SerB won't confirm after what it will come (according to Storm, the sequence is: Chinese, British TD, German meds)
-on the armor of the British top tanks: "If we get (real life) data that the armor was different, we'll change it - it's that simple"
-AT-15 is doing fine with its MM, it won't get its MM reduced
Latest from Silent stalkers thread, which is sure to cause hilarity on the TD forums.
Update 26/12/12 (The Stingray Edition )
A33 Excelsior screen shots found by Sturmtiger_304. More can be found at his thread on the subject.
FV-215 = Mother of all TD's
A33 Excelsior is confirmed to be a premium tank.
Today's haul from Silent stalkers thread.
- British meds are okay, won't be rebalanced
From Silent's thread, rasies some intresting questions.
- SerB awaits a (data) package from Bovington - if all goes well, the tier 10 Brit heavy will be replaced (SS: yes, this is a conclusion I made, because SerB wrote this about a month ago also)
The bit about Bovy is intresting... what have they found? Or is it the Chieftain details?
Patch notes for 8.3:
Fixed tank model errors: Valentine GB, AT-15A, TOG-2, Churchill I
No UK TD's in 8.4, but we are getting something...
Part 2: The battle of Barking Creek.
Looks like we will be getting the TD's now.
If this is true, its a really stupid idea, On a thread about the Firefly iPaul72 says:
No firefly? Really WG? Look through these forums the Firefly is one of the most talked about tanks, its as Iconic as the T-34 is to you lot. If the above is true then I have a long list of words to express my disapointment, but I try to be nice to you lot, but you're making it hard.
Update 7/2/13: Do You like 6Pdr's?
From an unconfirmed source, namely this website.
First off we have a Universal carrier with a 2Pdr. There's three options for this.
The Australian 2Pdr carrier. However its been said (albeit by US staff) that this won't be the vehicle in question.
Next is the Canadian 2Pdr carrier. This was an official project, it also has the advantage of allowing a PAK-36 to be mounted in the same place to represent some of the German Carrier conversions.
The final version is The British 2Pdr carrier. Developed just before the start of the war. 4 Man crew, and some fairly good gun depression. I apologise for the crappy picture. It was taken by my Phone, off of my Tablet running the Kindle app.. so you can see why it sucks.
There is a 4th option, which whomever leaked the list might not have understood, and miss ID'd the picture. The predecessor to the carrier was the D50 which looks sort of like a Carrier. Vickers mounted their own 40mm AA/AT gun on it and tried to sell it s a commercial venture.
Easy enough, Alecto SPG, variety of guns, small Bloody fast no armour.
Two options here. First off is the Archer TD. Now pactasuntservanda on another thread has suggested this tank. Which seems to fit quite nicely with the weapon options.
First of the Nuffield designs in this tree. As you can see the details are sparse, and no mention of the main weapon is given.
6Pdr in a sponson, 8" of armour!
Again one we'd guessed before hand. Of course a 3" gun and 88mm of armour makes me wonder exactly where the tank will go.
Almost identical to the AT-7, just with the 6Pdr moved from the sponson.
First 17Lbr armed vehicle in the tree. Looks allot like the AT-15A Premium...
A39 Tortoise and FV215b you all should know about by now.
Update 7/2/13 Part two
Heinkle has found this. Screens of the British tanks.
Update 9/2/13: TD's are fun!
The Following is a round up of all the TD stuff that came out over hte last two days. Simply put everythign was moving to fast (unlike the British TD's in game!) to keep updating this post.
So lets get on with it.
First some pretty pictures from the US server Including the new and updated Tech tree.
More pretty pictures, this time from the EU website.
Three renders of AT- series.
Update 14/2/13: So tanks tonight or the Long haired OC?
the Test server came out today, and this is what I found.
20Pdr ammo cost for all marks (Type A and Type B) is now 680. This includes the TD versions as well.
32Pdr ammo cost is 630.
You need 67000 EXP from a Churchill MKVII to get the A22D, not the MkI as promised... Which in my opinion is bollocks. Both from a historical point of view and a game play POV.
Two new screens of the Universal Carrier. Supplied by saml6131.
The Churchill Gun Carrier will be unlocked from Churchill I, not Churchill VII - the way it is on the test server now is a bug.
Update 17/2/13: Oh won't someone rid me of this turbulent Sexton?
The Sexton will be tier III, Preminum and British according to Silent stalkers blog.
He also includes some screen shots.
Patch note's for Test 2 of 8.4
- finalized the XP and credit prices of new Brit TDs and German light tanks
- fixed model bugs on IS-6, Churchill, M6A2E1 (incorrect proportions)
- fixed the firing effect of Valentine AT
- fixed the correct thickness of the weld between lower and upper frontal hull place on Conqueror and Caernarvon
- fixed the tech tree location of the British premium TD AT-15A
- Churchill GC is now unlocked from Churchill I
- 183mm HESH for FV215b now costs 20g
M3 Grant spotted in the wild by saml6131
WG are researching the following vehicles:
We actually have some news today.
British artillery screen shots are out there, although not scheduled for 8.6.
Birch gun and a Loyd carrier with some kind of odd gun.
A leak has given the preliminary changes to the game, for the British its mostly silver credits price changes. However some things are changing, here's al sit of the non-cash changes:
-Universal Carrier 2Pdr: Suspension has a visual change.
-Tortoise has its penetration lowered by 10 for normal and 26 for gold shells.
-Black Prince hit points increased by 80. Turret has a hit point change, but not sure what that means, does the turret increase the hit points or the hit points of the Turning motor?
-Conqueror has its penetration lowered by 10 for normal and 26 for gold shells.
-FV215b HT has its penetration lowered by 10 for normal and 26 for gold shells.
fattoler has found a video of all the British SPG's.
Sales figures for Preminum TD's on the EU server are:
British arty confirmed for the next patch.
Patch notes for 8.6:
Introduction of new Premium tank: British Tier V Heavy Tank A33 Excelsior.
Inclination and declination angles on Matilda Black Prince have been increased.
Visual models of the following tanks have been improved:
Matilda Black Prince, АТ2, AT 8
Damage model of the following tanks has been improved:
Cromwell, Comet, Matilda Black Prince, FV215b (183)
Next patch: Sexton gets 10 hit poitns more.
Plus a MKVI has been spotted in the wild! Found by saml613.
For Patch 8.9:
- small buff of following tanks: Cruiser Mk.I, Universal Carrier 2-pdr, Vickers Medium Mk. II, Churchill VII
- small visual model fixes of following tanks: Tortoise, Birch Gun, Cruiser Mk. III, FV207
What's this? an actual Op Roundel update? Well I actually have a minor scoop. You know the Vickers Light, MK VIC, thats being tested on the supertest server? This one?
Well its I've just been informed by WG staff that it will not be a normal premium. They're not sure what is going to be done with it.
Multiple changes to 4 tanks in the British line.
Turnrate of the chassis A9 Mk. I changed from 30 to 31 deg/s.
Turnrate of the chassis A9 Mk. II changed from 32 to 34 deg/s.
Aimtime of the gun QF 2-pdr Mk. IX changed from 2,3 secs to 2,1 secs
Reload time for the gun QF 2-pdr Mk. IX changed from 2,5 secs to 2,4 secs
Aim circle spread for the gun QF 2-pdr Mk. IX when moving the turret reduced by 17%.
Aimtime of the gun 40 mm Pom-Pom changed from 2,3 secs to 2,1 secs
Aim circle spread for the gun 40 mm Pom-Pom after shooting reduced by 14%.
Aim circle spread for the gun 40 mm Pom-Pom when moving the turret reduced by 12%.
Aim circle spread for the gun 40 mm Pom-Pom changed from 0,48 m to 0,45 m.
Turret turnrate for turret Cruiser Mk. I changed from 44 to 36 deg/s.
Reload time for the gun QF 2-pdr Mk. IX changed from 2,5 secs to 2,4 secs
Aim circle spread for the gun QF 2-pdr Mk. IX when moving the turret reduced by 20%.
Aim circle spread for the gun 40 mm Pom-Pom changed from 0,48 m to 0,45 m.
Turret turnrate for turret Cruiser Mk. III changed from 46 to 36 deg/s.
Hitpoints with turret Cruiser Mk. I changed from 150 to 155 units.
Aimtime of the gun OQF 3-pdr Gun Mk. I changed from 2,9 secs to 2,7 secs
Aim circle spread for the gun OQF 3-pdr Gun Mk. I when moving the turret reduced by 14%.
Aimtime of the gun QF 6-pdr 8 cwt Mk. II changed from 2,3 secs to 2,1 secs
Aim circle spread for the gun QF 6-pdr 8 cwt Mk. II when moving the turret reduced by 14%.
Aim circle spread for the gun OQF 3-pdr Gun Mk. I when moving the turret reduced by 33%.
Aim circle spread for the gun OQF 3-pdr Gun Mk. II when moving the turret reduced by 33%.
Elevation of the gun QF 6-pdr 8 cwt Mk. I changed from 12 to 16 degrees.
Depression angle for the gun QF 6-pdr 8 cwt Mk. I changed from 5 to 7 degrees.
Reload time for the gun QF 6-pdr 8 cwt Mk. I changed from 3,8 secs to 3,6 secs
Aim circle spread for the gun QF 6-pdr 8 cwt Mk. I when moving the turret reduced by 12%.
Aim circle spread for the gun QF 6-pdr 8 cwt Mk. I changed from 0,48 m to 0,47 m.
Reload time for the gun QF 6-pdr 8 cwt Mk. II changed from 3,8 secs to 3,6 secs
Aim circle spread for the gun QF 6-pdr 8 cwt Mk. II when moving the turret reduced by 33%.
Terrain resistance of suspension Churchill IV on medium surfaces reduced by 7%.
Aim circle spread for the gun 75 mm Gun Mk. V when moving the turret reduced by 20%.
Aim circle spread for the gun 75 mm Vickers HV when moving the turret reduced by 20%.
Turret turnrate for turret Churchill IV changed from 32 to 30 deg/s.
Depression angle for the gun 3.7-inch Howitzer changed from 5 to 3 degrees.
Depression angle for the gun 75 mm Gun Mk. V changed from 4 to 12,5 degrees.
Aim circle spread for the gun 75 mm Gun Mk. V when moving the turret reduced by 20%.
Aim circle spread for the gun 75 mm Vickers HV when moving the turret reduced by 12%.
Depression angle for the gun QF 6-pdr Gun Mk. V changed from 6 to 12,5 degrees.
Turret turnrate for turret Churchill VII changed from 32 to 30 deg/s.
Hitpoints with turret Churchill IV changed from 800 to 860 units.
Hitpoints with turret Churchill VII changed from 880 to 960 units.
Terrain resistance of suspension Universal Carrier Mk. I on hard surfaces reduced by 7%.
Terrain resistance of suspension Universal Carrier Mk. I on medium surfaces reduced by 12%.
Terrain resistance of suspension Universal Carrier Mk. I on soft surfaces reduced by 3%.
Terrain resistance of suspension Universal Carrier Mk. II on hard surfaces reduced by 8%.
Terrain resistance of suspension Universal Carrier Mk. II on medium surfaces reduced by 7%.
Terrain resistance of suspension Universal Carrier Mk. II on soft surfaces reduced by 4%.
View range Universal Carrier 2-pdr changed from 320 m to 330 m.
Reload time for the gun QF 6-pdr 8 cwt AT Gun Mk. I changed from 3,2 secs to 3,1 secs
Aim circle spread for the gun QF 6-pdr 8 cwt AT Gun Mk. I changed from 0,46 m to 0,45 m.
Reload time for the gun QF 6-pdr 8 cwt AT Gun Mk. II changed from 3,2 secs to 3,1 secs
Traverse rate for the gun Universal Carrier 2-pdr changed from 44 to 26 deg/s.
The_Challenger is Wargaming EU'ss travelling Tank resercher and blowing stuff up expert. Hopefully he'll be able to stick his nose into the thread every once in a while and give us some information on what he's doing in regards to British tanks. Don't expect this to be a regular occurance as Chally wears many hats. Equally he might not be allowed ot tell us all the stuff he's working on.
Plus more detail on a certain Chieftain and other tidbits.
The Silentstalker digest
Silentstalker (Our man in Moscow!) Has been translating the Russian Forums Q&A thread with the Devs. As the EU forum don't have a Dev of our own to replace the much missed Overlord Silent has been working his socks off to keep us in formed.
Obviously several mentions of British tanks have been made. Now up until now I've been putting these up in normal Updates, however the number of one liners coming out means that its getting a bit spammy. So as there have been no riots at the idea, I've decided to make the infomation from Silents thread a Weekly Digest.
Silentstalkers thread can be found here.
Week ending 5/1/13:
- regarding the "superheavy" tanks á la Maus: Italy, Japan and French have some designs, it's possible something will come out of Bovington too, but that's unlikely
- the British T10 heavy is going to get probably replaced indeed (SS: this answer was very vague, this is not a 100 percent statement)
- "If the FV215b is moved to the TD branch and new tank is introduced instead of it, the player stats will most likely be transferred to the FV215b TD" (SS: so, they ARE considering a transfer and not a FV215b copy after all)
- devs already have an idea what there will be in the British artillery branch - Churchill AVRE won't make it though, its gun elevation is not high enough
- there are studies being conducted on the AT-15A prototype (this might make Listy happy) regarding its characteristics
- regarding the fact that the British don't have a hightier scout: "complete symmetry of branches was never intended"
- AT-15A MM spread is considered okay
A: Not much. Your typical favourites, Archer, Achilles and Tortoise are liable to be around somewhere. I'm afraid the 2pr isn't the cool-looking Aussie LPA Carrier, Tank Attack. There was a slew of British designs int the leadup to Tortoise (AT-15 is in the game already) so I might not be surprised to see some of those show up either.
Q: Sooo the Archer TD has a rear facing gun.... is that going to be implemented? Because that'd be awesomely hilarious.
A: Yes, but last I heard, they still haven't decided which way the thing will go when you press 'w' No, he won't get killed/hurt when you fire. There are a number of tanks which would cause significant bodily injury if they tried to shoot/move in the manner they do in the game. M26 and T-54 come to mind, for example. Loaders wouldn't last at all.
Q: Is there any word on the FV215b and it's conversion to Tier X TD and whether it will use the historically accurate 183 mm cannon.
A: FV215b (183) is the Tier X TD as far as I know. It is -not- however currently slated to be a converstion from the FV215b (120) which is scheduled to sit happy as larry in its current position on the Heavy line.
Q: Can you confirm that the current british t10 will go TD and be replaced by the chieftan?
A: I cannot. I'm really not sure where that rumour started, last I heard FV-215b with the 183 was going to be the TD, leaving the current FV-215b as the top Heavy.
- Conqueror turret is considered to be armored adequatly for tier 9
- Caernarvon's antenna is purely decorative (won't reveal the tank position if sticking out
- it's possible than in the future, more low-caliber but high ROF British guns will be introduced, but SerB states those weapons were quite unique
- it's possible Lend-Lease tanks will take part in historical battles
- the asterisk in the TOG 2* name is historical
- Q: "I've read two branches of British TD's are going to be implemented, will they come at the same time? What will be the second British tier 10 TD?" A: "Wait for the patchnotes"
- The British Mk.I tank has not yet been implemented, because the devs want to release it with both 57mm guns and not just with one, eg. required the multiturret implementation
- British TD and arty branches are ready and will be introduced one after another,
- Canadians tanks - it's 100 percent sure they won't get their own tree, but they might appear in the British tree in the Commonwealth part
- The British Mk.I tank has not yet been implemented, because the devs want to release it with both 57mm guns and not just with one, eg. required the multiturret implementation
T-50-2 will be replaced in 0.8.6 (not totally 100 percent), according to Evily, first comes British TDs, then German meds, then British arty, it is confirmed the devs don't to put out too many tanks at once
- regarding the FV215b TD: confirmed ("a 180mm gun based on the FV215b vehicle"), but the HT FV215b stays, after the TD comes, the devs will see, they have a good replacement tank drawings. Devs are not happy with the FV215b performance.
- it's possible the British crews will get additional names in their name and surname pool in the future ("when it's done it's done")
- apparently, the TOG II* name asterisk might mean "an improved version", because there were other examples thereof (a player mentions Medium Mk.II and Medium Mk.II***). According to the player, the original TOG II had a mock turret with a 6pdr gun, the TOG II* had a production turret with a 76mm gun. SerB is however not sure, he accepts it only as a theory
- apparently, the devs consider the ingame Matilda Black Prince historical
- the Mk.III and Mk.V 6-pounder guns on US, French and British tanks are considered historical
- changes to the 6-pounder guns on Soviet Churchill, UK, US (M7 and T21) and the UE57 TD are not planned (SS: related to the previous question, eg. to make them all fit)
- FV4202 shells don't ricochet more than usual
- Sexton confirmed as US vehicle
- although some of the British TD vehicles have multiple guns, multi-gun mechanism was not yet developed, eg. AT-7 will behave much like M3 Lee.
- Valentine TD is NOT the Archer. There won't be the Archer in 8.4
- Chinese and British arty characteristics? "You'll see"
- tier 10 Brit HESH ammo won't be changed to HEAT/APDS soon, as far as Storm knows
- Storm doesn't know why Sexton I counts as "American"
- Caernarvon, Conqueror and FV215b have the same amount of fuel tank hitpoints as other tanks of the same tier
- Caernarvon, Conqueror and FV215b - increased armor thickness of the meeting point between upper and lower frontal hull armor (203, 203, 254)
- FV4005 was refused as a top TD "for a good reason"
- FV300 series vehicles? "no comment"
- Storm admits FV215b (183) might be overpowered in very skilled hands, but states the vehicle requires a lot of skill- the re-worked Steppes are fine game-wise according to Storm (SS: players complained it has been too much "hillified", like Prokhorovka and El-Halluf, despite Storm writing earlier they wouldnt do such a thing)
- Sexton will be British when implemented, but will be tested as American (Storm claims he's not in a hurry to change it)
- British turret TD branch confirmed, unclear as to what vehicles will be implemented in it (SS: Storm is home sick apparently, he doesn't have the concept with him)
- FV215b HESH shell is not deemed overpowered, as it has its own flaws: it explodes on spaced armor and external modules and doesn't do full damage, it also doesn't have normalisation
- SerB states that the British Nuffield TDs having two guns aren't a problem, the second gun will serve as a decoration and the vehicles will have two loaders, even when the multigun mechanism is implemented, those second small guns will remain a decoration, as their impact and penetrating power are negligible (SS: 20mm Polsten)
- Vickers Light Tank Mk.VI was not introduced as tier 1, because Vickers Medium seemed better for the role because it was "logical engineering-wise"
- no ETA on the turret part of the British TD's, but SerB confirms they will mostly have rapid fire guns
- British arty will come after T10 arties are implemented (SS: or with them, but not sooner)
- Q: "Why did you decide to scrap the British turreted TDs for now and introduce paper-armored turtles instead?" A: "Because turtles are cool"
- SerB states, that the Sexton is in the american tree, because it's a joint project - the chassis was from the USA. However, whether it really will be put into the US tree or UK tree will be decided after the test
- apparently there are not enough British turretted tank destroyers for a whole branch (Q: "Are the rumors that there aren't enough British turretted TDs unfounded?" A: "They aren't unfounded")
- SU-122-44, Panther M10 and AT-15A are doing fine statistically
- there might be a tree bridges between UK and Chinese regular vehicles and arties - SerB won't tell details, because there would be too much whine if this was changed
- in the Brit tree, AT8 is before AT7 due to their performance characteristics
- Tortoise won't get the nerf, not even in 8.5
- AT7 research test cost (9647 XP) is a bug, will be fixed
- Churchill I price confirmed to be cca 49000 (SS: 49050 stated earlier)
- Churchill GC will cost 49050 XP to unlock from Churchill I
- ingame Centurions won't be modified to recieve less crits
- British arty branch will be "historical", when it comes to compatibility of modules with current British tanks/TDs (SS: however, from what I understand, currently the British arty is in "general balancing" stage, eg. the models are already made)
- regarding hightier Soviet and British LTs: "Soviet LTs were just on paper - there is little data on them. The British have nothing comparable to - say - AMX-13/90" and "FV300 LT can make tier 6, Scorpion tier 5 max, Sheridan is unlikely to make tier 8", Soviet LTs will be revealed "later, wait for announcements". The T7 and T8 US vehicles might be the Walker Bulldog and the T92.
- the FV4005 Stage 2 183mm introduction confirmed by SerB in British arty branch (SS: god knows why, the 183mm was not a howitzer)
- British arty branch: it will not be like the French one, it's possible it will fire HESH shells, it will have some autoloaders (which most likely will not be displayed), it will come with or after the introduction of tier 10 arties, they will have from +-35 to +-45 degrees gun arc
- the 1750 HESH for FV215b will stay
- Tortoise HP amount isnt a bug
- Brit TD HESH shells are not overpowered according to Storm, they just look that way, just as the MT HESH shells looked OP during the first test, in reality the spectacular crits won't be common
- the British TDs are going to be released roughly the way they are now, especially the Tortoise - Storm says it has bad armor, that's why it has so much HP
- Q: "What premium British tier 8 tank will you introduce?" A: "What can I say: 'Вайн. Вайн невер ченджис!'"
- there is a British T8 premium medium tank planned
- Archer will appear in WoT (confirmed)
- Vickers Mk.I was not, is not and will not be considered for tier 8 premium British tank
- Storm doesn't think the British TDs are overpowered
- weak points of the FV215b TD, according to devs: long reload time, ain spread, size of the vehicle and thin armor
An update on the morality and legality of this digest.
First I've checked with Ectar. These answers all come from the Dev's and so are offical. Where or how they got translated is not an issue.
Next in light of silents request not to re-post his work on the EU forums, I checked directly with Silent, and he said he was fine with me carrying on this section.
- there is a chance Churchill AVRE will make an appearance
- AT-2 armor is historical according to WG sources (SS: there has been a complaint that the 203mm frontal armor was only on the earliest variant with 2 machineguns)
- AT-15 mantlet armor won't be increased, it's historical apparently
- FV215b TD and HT have the same hull, including the fuel tanks placement
- so far, no data has been uncovered from Bovington about the FV100 assault vehicle, rumored to have been projected
Note there was nothing relating to the British for week ending on the 23/3/13
- it's completely possible Britain will get a tier 7 or 8 premium medium tank, "no guarantees" tho
- Tetrarch will not appear in any game stores
- it's "not excluded" that the British arty "speciality" will be high penetration of HE shells
- if I understand it correctly, British arty branch will have both high-alpha and low-alpha vehicles, there will also be very mobile and slow vehicles
- regarding the British turret TD branch: "Wait for announcements"
- Chieftain is not planned for now. The devs are collecting info on it and they are looking at its prototype
- Matilda 1 and Char 2C plans? "If there are any, I will tell"
- WG doesn't have enough data to buff/nerf British TD yet
- no (torque) difference will be implemented between the diesel and gasoline engines (Listy edit: Looks like Churchill's are truly screwed)
- apparently, one of the devs answered incorrectly before (as the RU players are also confused), so: British arty is NOT planned to come at the same time as other tier 10 arty, it will come afterwards, "British arty was never planned for 0.8.6"
- there is further material available on more British heavies and mediums (to be implemented)
- British second TD branch will not come this year, nor will any other British TD vehicles be introduced
- rebalanced Sexton I in 0.8.6? "it's possible"
- A39 Tortoise is doing fine statistically
- British arty branch is not yet completed
Nothing on British vehicles this week, but the Q&A did bring an interesting insight to SerB, which possibly explains a hell of a lot.
- there were cases where other developers wanted to implement something and SerB said "no" (and personally blocked it), but also cases where other developers didn't want something, but SerB pushed it over disagreement personally - but he won't give any details
Quite a bit today, and why does everyone just ask about the FV215b?
- it's possible that when the multiturret mechanism is introduced, Churchill will have its hull gun usable
- British arty will come this year
- according to SerB, the British didn't have any turretless TD bigger than Tortoise, so the replacement of FV215b (183) and its transfer to the turret TD branch won't happen
- SerB is not considering to buff/nerf the HT FV215b atm
- any British tech or American TD in upcoming patches? "Will tell when the time is right"
- regarding the FV215b heavy tank replacement: "We haven't found other suitable heavy tank"
- apparently there is an alternative to the FV215b 183 TD, "no comment"
Two weeks worth as I wasn't able to update last week.
- it's possible British arty will have HESH shells
- British artillery is practically ready
- Sexton I was delayed because the devs need to implement and balance the tier 10 arties first
- Caernarvon won't recieve the Centurion 105mm, it would be too OP
- British tanks won't have HESH rounds replaced with HEAT
List of superheavy tanks (for the purpose of extra large spall liner): Tortoise, FV215b, TOG II
- Birch gun will be tier 4 and will have a rotary turret with 360 degree rotation
- the best gun for the Birch gun will be a tier 4 87mm gun
- the high shell price for the Centurion I gun is "a conspiracy"
- theoretically the L7 could fit into Mark 2,3,7 Centurion turrets (won't be implemented)
- it's possible Centurion will have its speed increased to 48 km/h
- it's possible (and desired by SerB) that the Chieftain prototype will be introduced into the game, they are looking for proper data for 6 months already, SerB promised to rush the search
- the FV215b 183 won't probably have its ammo capacity increased to 15 pieces
- the chance of Vickers tier 1 British tank being replaced by Mark V is very low, because there would be no point. Purely in theory an alternative tier 1 tank could be introduced, but the devs don't plan to do that
- British arty "special" thing will be very good gun traverse angles
- the British arty patch won't bring any other non-premium vehicles
- it's not yet clear whether the British tier 8 premium tank will be a medium, or a heavy
- following patches according to SerB: British arty, cybersport, some unnamed tanks, roaming, clanwars
- "Chieftrain prototype will it be a 2nd British T10 medium, or a heavy, or replace the FV4202?!
“When it comes, we’ll talk about that.”
- Charioteer (20pdr Cromwell) in WoT? “No comment on future branches”
- less played branches won’t get buffed apparently (SS: not sure with translation here, it can be interpreted in several ways)
- SerB doesn’t think British tanks are too unpopular
- it is confirmed that 8.8 will bring SOME vehicles and it was confirmed they won’t be American regular vehicles.
Today I heard an interesting theory on RU forums (allegedly from come community contributor folks there) as to what it might be: British line, ending with Chieftain prototypes, also having allegedly some light tanks… with 20pdrs. Odd, but I really hope it’s true :)
- Firefly will be implemented after other tanks, that were promised earlier
- the fact some tank has covered tracks by (real life) spaced armor plates doesn’t automatically mean these plates are actually working as extra spaced armor, it’s different with each tank (SS: for example the Schmalturm PzIV side mesh armor doesn’t work), but if it does, then it counts as two layers of spaced armor: one is the plate and one is the track module behind it
- Q: “Why did you decide not to implement the British arty with autoloader?” A: “Beause the arty doesn’t come in this patch.” (SS: not sure what SerB exactly means, probably just a brushoff, either way, the British arty with autoloaders doesn’t appear in the leaked British arty branch)
- 8.7 will be a simple patch, containing apparently only content (vehicles,maps), not functional changes. SerB confirms 8.7 will bring British arty.
- Black Prince armor wasn’t changed in 0.8.6
- the top Conqueror turret is balanced as it is apparently (SS: a player was complaining that it is actually worse than the stock turret in some aspects, SerB stated that one has to take into account the armor slope and the fact it can carry a more powerful gun)
- Vickers MBT and Vijayanta (SS: improved Indian licensed Vickers MBT copy)? “No comment”
- FV4202 was changed the same way all other tanks were in 0.8.6 (SS: a player was complaining about the fact it seems less accurate than it should be)
- Chieftrain prototype will be 2nd British T10 medium, or a heavy, or replace the FV4202? “When it comes, we’ll talk about that.”
- JagdChieftain (CTR) in WoT? “No comment”
- SerB wants to have a close look at Churchill GC and reduce its tier by 1
- premium tier 8 Centurion is highly unlikely
- SerB states that while the HESH might be reconfigured for another mechanism, the spall liner will continue to work against it
- SerB on why there is no British autoloaded arty on tier 10: “Oh well, evil Zlobny conjured up something else, happens. (SS: here, SerB used the word “нашаманить” – I am not sure what it means, some slang word for find or conjure up?)
- it’s possible HESH will recieve its own mechanism, but SerB doesn’t see it as an important issue, it has low priority
- apparently, Sentinel is also planned, just like Nahuel. Unlike Nahuel, Sentinel will probably be a part of the British tree
- ingame FV4202 does correspond to real life data the developers have, apparently there will be no FV4202 changes
- FV4201 won’t appear in British medium branch, because it wasn’t a medium tank
There were no relevant Q&A answers last week
- second British medium line with Vijayanta s tier 9? “No comment for now”
- 120mm gun on British meds? “At this moment, no”
- Q: “What’s the problem with introducing the Firefly?” A: “The fact we say ‘no comment’ doesn’t mean there is a problem”
- second British TD branch – “when it’s done it’s done”, FV4005 has a chance of appearing in it
- British superheavy 100 (1XX) series tanks will be introduced, if someone finds any data on them
- apparently, Centurion top and stock gun weights are just fine
- FV4202 is doing fine statistically
- TOG 1 will most likely not appear as a premium vehicle
- SerB states that tier 5 and 6 British arty is doing fine statistically, but there hasn’t been enough time to evaluate, if there are some changes, they will come in 8.9
- FV215b (120) won’t be replaced by another tank
Two weeks worth this time, because I forgot last week (nearly forgot this week too). But frankly there's not much.
- Chieftain Mk.2 is too new for the game – not by much, but too new nonetheless
- British TD’s have the same TD camo bonus as those of other nations
- Vickers Mk.I and Mk.II is not too new, it can be implemented into the WoT
- Centurion tanks won’t get their maximum speed buffed to 48 km/h
Nothing for last week.
- there are more than two more candidates for British tier 10, one of them is the Chieftain. Otherwise: “no comment”
- allegedly, the FV215b is a candidate for rebalance, but no details will be shared
- it has not been decided yet, how will the players get the T7 Combat Car and Mk.VIc LT, leaked from supertest
- there are no plans for near future to bring a tier 8 British premium heavy into the game
- trees that are missing one type of vehicle (arty, TD, med, heavy, light) are not planned for now
- it’s completely possible that some nations won’t have hightier light tanks and some will, for example the British have nothing suitable for hightier scouts, but SerB states that they didn’t dig around Bovington for that yet
- British LL branch (with Firefly and Sentinel) will most likely lead into current British top tanks (SS: as in, no new LL top tanks)
- SerB states that the FV4202 will not be changed (SS: in real life it had much inferior armor than it has in game), the only change planned is to introduce its historical gun as stock gun (SS: 20pdr Type B)
Nothing for last week.
- SerB states that the HESH effect on sloped surfaces is taken into account in their parameters
- for now there are no plans to implement Churchill AVRE: “It will be really difficult to balance”
- HESH shells still work like HE shells, they don’t lose pen over distance
- no concrete plans for British hightier premium tanks
After two weeks without any answers we got a few.
- there are plans for American medium branch, French mediums and heavies, British medium branch,
3. The French and the Chinese currently have their light branches up to tier 8 and we know there are such plans for the Germans (RU251) and Americans, while the Soviets have only “paper” tanks for those tiers. What about the Japanese and the British – are there any hightier candidates for the light tank branch?
We haven’t found yet any fitting Japanese or British tanks. If we find data, we will implement tanks. (Storm)
Cannoneer explains this issue further:
The most powerful light tank of the Imperial Army (eg. until 1945) is the Ke-Ho, that we will have on tier 4. Many know already, that there will be Type 61 (first mass-produced Japanese post-war tank) and STA-1 (first Type 61 prototype) in the release tree. Before STA-1, there were technical requirements issued for a 20 ton tank with 76mm gun and after that for a 25 ton tank with 90mm gun – and after that the weight was increased to 30 tons because of the thicker armor. That means there is some potential, but unfortunately we don’t have information about the projects, that were presented by the company as an answer to the requirements. One player on the US forums collected all that is known at this moment about those projects here.
For Britain, there are two potential candidates. First is the A46/FV301. A46 is a project from 1943 to replace the Stuart and Chaffee with something carrying the 77mm gun (the same Comet has). FV301 is the development of the A46 project. Unfortunately, there are no drawings found for A46 yet.
The second is the light tank project by Vickers-Armstrong from 1960 (Vickers Design No. 45569 T), armed with the same gun as the Centurion (20pdr), but two times lighter. The development of this project led to the Vickers MBT. Again, there are no drawings of this tank yet.
6. On several meetings with EU British tank expert Challenger, it was openly said that the current British tier 10 medium tank FV4202 is not historical and that the armor was much worse in real life. Will the FV4202 see any changes, aside from the possible 20 pounder stock gun? Specifically, bringing the armor to historical parameters and replacing it with something else.
Yes, we are thinking about that question and adding the 20pdr gun as the stock gun on current tier 10 tank will be only a half-hearted solution, influencing balance.
7. Is there a chance to see the Chieftain tank (prototype) in 2014?
There is a chance, but our only guess for now is first half of 2014
11. Will you add tanks and proposed tank designs from 1900 – 1921? Like the Motorgeschütz (Burstyn tank), British Mark series, Saint-Chamond and A7V?
For now there are no plans for that, but principially it’s possible. (SerB)
- SerB on which real life WW2 vehicles are still missing from WoT: “Well, there are no Brummbärs yet, some British, French are not complete. The same goes for Japanese, Italians and various others such as Swedes. But regarding the USSR, Germans and USA, almost all mass-produced vehicles are there. As we start to change the hulls (SS: introduce optional hulls) – there will be more modifications.”
(Lots of good news today)
- no British rebalance is coming anytime soon
- it looks like there will be a special voiceover for British tanks with British accent
- it’s possible Vickers MBT (Vijayanta) will appear in the upcoming British medium branch
- the top of the upcoming British medium branch will be a British medium tier 10 tank (SS: while this might sound like a case for Captain Obvious, it is not, as a lot of people expected the Chieftain to appear there)
Nothing for us last week.
- after the Japanese tanks are out, Wargaming will take a long break in releasing new regular branches, apart from 2-3 premium/event tanks per patch. After this break, the British medium branch with Firefly might come, but this is not yet 100 percent sure
Right then Gents, what else have you found out?
And Will overlord owe me a fiver? Find out all these questions, in the next exciting post!
*Bonus points to those who get the jokes!
The Grand National
Sweep stake for release of the British Tree...
October (The wild optimists club)
fellowz 12/10/12(Got the test server date right)
nevtiger and mr3awsome 25/10/12 (Correct date for Russian patch!)
November (The middle of the road club)
BlueMoon51and tacitus72 09/11/12 (Double choice)
fattoler and Gordon_Weedman 10/11/12 (Double choice)
DNCSY and mr3awsome 11/11/12 (Double choice)
deveen23 and diadochi 22/11/2012 (Double choice)
December (The Grumpy club)
January (The Make Listy rich club)
Edited by Listy, 30 November 2013 - 08:11 AM.