Does cheats exist in Wot?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

MrFalkers #1 Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Just had a match where this Tier 9 heavy on our team start talking about this cheater on enemy side, apparently he shoots trough buildings and stuff with massive spread/damage etc..(can't remember exactly what he was on about, but something like that), anyway the guy said this cheater was from known clan that used these kind of cheats.
He reported the "cheater" he said.

But does cheats really exist in Wot?, i thought as it's all done mainly server side cheats in Wot are none existing, and not possible to make/use.

Anyone know more?....i'm just curious about if cheats really exists in this game.

I have several times seen shot's gone trough buildings and stuff but i just think it's because of lag server side, never been hit by enemy from impossible places as i'v noticed so far at least.

Merquise #2 Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postfalkers, on 28 January 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

Just had a match where this Tier 9 heavy on our team start talking about this cheater on enemy side, apparently he shoots trough buildings and stuff with massive spread/damage etc..(can't remember exactly what he was on about, but something like that), anyway the guy said this cheater was from known clan that used these kind of cheats.

But does cheats really exist in Wot?, i thought as it's all done mainly server side cheats in Wot are none existing, and not possible to make/use.

Anyone know more?....i'm just curious about if cheats really exists in this game.

I have several times seen shot's gone trough buildings and stuff but i just think it's because of lag server side, never been hit by enemy from impossible places as i'v noticed so far at least.

Show us a replay from that match.
So far I havent seen any real cheats.

Private_Miros #3 Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
That reminds me. I've got a replay saved of a game where an IS-3 shot me through a wall (no windows) three times.

MrFalkers #4 Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostMerquise, on 28 January 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

Show us a replay from that match.
So far I havent seen any real cheats.
No point in me showing replay as i was not the tank killed by a "cheater", was not in that area of the map.

feluke #5 Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 28 January 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

That reminds me. I've got a replay saved of a game where an IS-3 shot me through a wall (no windows) three times.
There are places like this. It's not cheat, rather exploit. They simply use bugs in game.

Leopard2A5 #6 Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 28 January 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

shooting through walls is possible with HE (splash radius!)-> no cheat

MkH #7 Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I haven't seen any cheaters.

MrPT #8 Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
if the building is a destructable (those you can drive over) then i suppose theoretically the shell could pass through, and either
a.) place a hole in the walls without destroying the building or,
B.) show no building damage as a graphical glitch

as for cheats, in the context of a homemade cheat that gives others an advantage, no (some will argue yes with hitskins but lets not open that can of worms), however its an ever evolving game where code is regularly changed, features are added and removed which occasionally cause exploit holes which someone will always find and abuse until its plugged this is something every online gamer has to take as given

afoaa #9 Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
There aren't cheats as such but some clans have spend a LOT of time testing where there is holes in the graphics you can shoot through. Apparently once you can shoot through objects and get on the other side then it can go through into the "real" world again.

Listy #10 Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 0 battles
I have a chat. It works well from the client side and gives me an advantage over about 80% of players
Its called "aiming". I only mention it because of the number of times I've been called a cheat for it.

Sgt_Bones #11 Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
+1 from me listy, I hear that cheat is pretty effective! Has a side effect called "U goldshell n00b" (even if you only use AP) and creates a wave of "LOL" responses in the ingame chat!

Oh well, some folk are too used to aiming help like on console shooters......

;)

del501170389 #12 Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I've shot through walls where I can see the enemy tank outline, due to him peeking over the top, hull down, and damaged the enemy, though not as much as I would with a direct hit. Handy with HE, as you can blow a large piece of the wall away exposing the target, for a second more lethal shot.B)

vlajko #13 Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postfalkers, on 28 January 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

People's lack of situational awareness and insufficient knowledge of (pretty buggy) game mechanic often gets them into situations they can not explain, and therefore they subject such events to cheating. I have been called a cheater myself on numerous occasions, like for example when I'm using the bush in the middle of the field on Malinovka with camo net and binos on a 100% camo Chaffee, or splash damaging people improperly hiding behind buildings with HE shots from large caliber guns.

I've been playing many thousands of WOT matches since the very beginning of closed beta, and part from more visible tracers and suspicious use of zoom mode, I've never seen anything resembling a cheat (hitbox skins are a debatable subject, but personally I consider them more of a training tool then a cheat, per se).

Hope it helps.

Leadbucket #14 Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
One of the good things about this game is no cheats as far as I can see.
Some one above said there are places(bugs) on the map that certain clans use to shoot through. That could be classed as a kind of cheat as most games have rules which clearly state that using bugs/glitches on maps is a bannable offence.
Is there such a rule in WoT.
Bugs like this should be reported to the devs in the interest of fair play, of course finding the Fairplay Department in WoT could be a problem. :P

Psaiko #15 Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
today such a wall shooting "cheater" happened to me: i'm beside a destroyable house and got hitted through it. when i moved my turret the house suddenly "disappeared" so it looks like a graphic bug or something else to me.

Cpl_Hicks #16 Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Bugs certainly exist and once people learn how to exploit them, they do it.
I have not seen any proof of real cheats yet (manipulated videos of alleged cheats or cheat-software are no proof).
When reading/hearing other peoples cheat-accusations, you should remember this rule: "Hear all, trust nothing."

View PostLeadbucket, on 28 January 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

[...] Some one above said there are places(bugs) on the map that certain clans use to shoot through. That could be classed as a kind of cheat as most games have rules which clearly state that using bugs/glitches on maps is a bannable offence.
Is there such a rule in WoT. [...]
There is such a rule. You can find it in the [EULA]

C. Prohibited Uses

14. Exploit errors in design, features which are not documented and/or bugs to gain access that would otherwise not be available or to obtain any competitive advantage;
I think, the 'Game Support' department is the place to report bugusing.

MotanTurbat #17 Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Had "this problem" yesterday!! I was behind a large rock (playing peek-a-boo), thinking I was safe, but I got blown up, and was thinking how he shot me through the rock! On closer inspection I saw that I wasn't totally hidden, it was a case of careful aiming from the other player.  :Smile_honoring:  Good part is, now I know how to hide behind that rock.  :Smile-izmena:

MikeeTheShot #18 Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:54 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Shooting through walls is possible when target stands just next to the wall, there can be some part of your tank sticking on the other side of the wall exposing your hitbox (Now, when even guns have hitboxes, you can just aim in the walls direction, and you are very hittable from the other side)

Bullitt #19 Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I once got called a cheater for taking out an E-100 in my Lowe. I used HE (pre nerf) aiming at his weak spot on top of his turret. He kept hitting my turret & got a number of bounces he was advancing I was reversing, I called it skillful play he accused me of cheating!
I suppose even the worst players get to tier 10 eventually & because they cant kill someone in a lower tier the lower tiers are obviously cheating.  <_<

Snortsch #20 Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
About the shooting through wally bug, I heard (but never tested it) that
if you fire HE on a wall with an enemy tank right behind it, it is going to
take damage from the blast, that doesn't get stopped by the wall.
It's an exploit, but not a cheat.