Time to remove the neg rep button?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

MadInAShed #1 Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 20351 battles
  • [TYTI] TYTI
It seems more noticeable of late that there is an influx of forum trolls who seem determined to get to the magical 1k neg rep and so are posting banal and silly posts just in the hope of getting neg rep.

So, i'm putting it out there...is it time to remove the neg/plus rep buttons? (though of course the down side is that we cannot then vote down the community poster for crappy specials of course)

P.S in case you are wondering, no, this is not an attempt to get neg rep (i like to give out good advice/opinion).

ScienceWoona #2 Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12158 battles
Neg rep is fine, I do wish they would increase the quota of+1's we could give out though. I never have any around to give to good posts. It might only be a little visual thing but it's a nice one.

MadInAShed #3 Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 20351 battles
  • [TYTI] TYTI
and up above is another reason for removal of the neg rep button i get -2 for asking a question and yet the no-marks that give the - do not explain why the felt the need to give a minus.

Perhaps the neg rep button could be modded then to tell you who gave the neg rep and that to give a neg rep you have to give a quoted reply. At least then you could know why you got neg repped.

JayJay4466 #4 Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:14 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18320 battles
Unfortunately, sometimes a person shows such a staggering degree of contempt for other people and/or ignorance, that even i (nice guy that i am) feel the need to register my discontent at their "thoughts" (and i use that term loosely).

Seriously though, i neg rep very infrequently, and i agree that you see -1's appearing on posts for no good reason a lot of the time.

However, i still think that its the best way for someone who doesn't feel he wants to post in a discusssion to say "i disagree with you".

Alezul #5 Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39095 battles
Remove something useful just because some idiots are...idiots?

Mods just need to do their job and delete those topics. Hell, if someone reaches minus 50 points or so, i think that topic can safely be removed and nobody will miss it.

And of course, keep it for the community account so we can show them how much we "love" these recent specials.

Mordante #6 Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26910 battles
  • [-DL-] -DL-

View PostMadInAShed, on 30 January 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

It seems more noticeable of late that there is an influx of forum trolls who seem determined to get to the magical 1k neg rep and so are posting banal and silly posts just in the hope of getting neg rep.

So, i'm putting it out there...is it time to remove the neg/plus rep buttons? (though of course the down side is that we cannot then vote down the community poster for crappy specials of course)

P.S in case you are wondering, no, this is not an attempt to get neg rep (i like to give out good advice/opinion).

Do you get a cookie when you reach -1000 rep? I hope will reach that one day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users