'Why I Chose A Gun'

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

TheEnds #1 Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7412 battles

tl;dr - Chief of Netherlands Defense Staff talks about how a gun is a tool, how guns should not be macho, how lucky some people are to not need to live around guns, how we live in a relatively safe and stable time and how war is necessary for peace.

Current top rated comment is,

'WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH'

(Brilliant. It's not often, but sometimes I love the youtubes.)

'Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity' - George Carlin

Discuss!

Szalona #2 Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 12906 battles
  • [1PADS] 1PADS
Well... old... very old Latin expression says: "if you want peace, prepare for war" ("Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius - orig. "Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.").

blubbber #3 Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10566 battles
Pearl Jam - Do the Evolution

DougHole #4 Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 7178 battles
I have never advocated war except as a means of peace.
Ulysses S. Grant

blubbber #5 Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10566 battles
Taekwon-Do Philosophy:
"The utmost purpose of Taekwon-Do is to eliminate fighting by discouraging the stronger's oppression of the weaker with a power that must be based on humanity, justice, morality, wisdom and faith, thus helping to build a more peaceful world"
General Choi Hong Hi

shiftypowers2002 #6 Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11555 battles
  • [MIS] MIS
If he's choosing a gun can i have a flame thrower? :Smile-izmena:

BattleMetalChris #7 Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9224 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
"'If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight!' Sun Tzu said that - and I'd say he knows a little more about fighting than you do, pal; because HE INVENTED IT, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor!

And then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth; then he herded them onto a boat; and then he beat the living crap out of every single one of them.

And from that day forward, any time a bunch of animals are together in one place - it's called a Tzu!"
- The Soldier

R_O_N_I_N #8 Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:33 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10740 battles
This guy... really. The condensed madness of our times in a single monologue. I hardly made it through the video, after each sentence I felt tempted to correct the bollony he uttered.
For once I strongly object his WW2 narrative and the conclusions he draws from that (WW2=good and just war-> Violence is necessary and works).

And the second major flaw in that man´s perception is the role of banks. He doesnt understand the correlation between banks and wars.
If you do not understand the creation of money, you do not understand why wars take place (and took place).
And this fellow absolutely has no clue whatsoever.

“Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in  foreign policy.”
Henry Kissinger, quoted in “Kiss the Boys Goodbye:  How the United States Betrayed Its Own POW’s in Vietnam” by Monika  Jensen-Stevenson

What Mr.Kissinger however doesnt mention is -refering to the western world- ,that "foreign policy" is completely in the hands of the banks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users